[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Noah instagram
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

10/2/2018  9:05 PM
CTKnicksfan wrote:Knicks need to play this smart - If they are holding out for Noah to give money back in a buyout

Part of it might be letting other teams lock into their rosters, giving him nowhere to go on a team he want to play for, i.e the TWolves.

It's a dick move in most cases, but in this case, Noah has done zero to help his own cause, so the Knicks have no reason to do him any favors.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/3/2018  2:49 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
CTKnicksfan wrote:Knicks need to play this smart - If they are holding out for Noah to give money back in a buyout

Part of it might be letting other teams lock into their rosters, giving him nowhere to go on a team he want to play for, i.e the TWolves.

It's a dick move in most cases, but in this case, Noah has done zero to help his own cause, so the Knicks have no reason to do him any favors.

It is. His agent should have a read on interest and if teams want him and the vet min. He could then take 5mm less and still come out even. That's if he plays next year.

nykshaknbake
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #492
10/3/2018  8:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2018  8:14 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
Welpee wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:
TheGame wrote:Knicks want him to give back more money and he is not having it. The issue though is the players' union is probably not going to let the Knicks just keep him away from the team. If he is not hurt and has done nothing wrong, then the players' union is going to make an issue of it. This should get resolved soon.

There should be no problem in letting him mix it up with the Westchester Knicks. If he won't give up money we are under no obligation to release him. Ideally I don't want to be paying any of his salary to the cap in the future when we will have KP still in his prime and Knox and Frank with a few years under their belt and we are looking for a piece or 2 to put us in playoff contention at least.

I don't want him bringing negative energy to Westchester while we're trying to develop young players. Now, I assume we're under no obligation to activate him to play if he's on the roster.

Unless the player's union gets involved he has a choice: 1) get all his money and sit; or 2) work with the Knicks and leave some money on the table to get freed up to play and make up the money with his new team (Minnesota).

Well if we keep him around and never play him, I'm sure he'll blow up again and we could then justifiably keep him away from the team or suspend him. When the chips are down he seems like a real jackass.

This is actually one of the saddest things I have seen someone post here. You are actually suggesting we goad this guy into failing in his life again.

Goad? That's really dense. The man is making free money. He can walk away and sign with anyone he wants. The Knicks don't owe him a thing. I'm tired of my team being a cash cow for undeserving players. The timing of our franchise dictates we shouldn't waive and stretch him. It's also good to not keep toxic players around your young team. Why would we do Noah any favors instead of accomplishing the above?
toodarkmark
Member: #515
USA
10/5/2018  3:30 PM
CTKnicksfan wrote:Knicks need to play this smart - If they are holding out for Noah to give money back in a buyout, it's not going to make a huge difference to the cap hit. Since we're past Sept 1, Noah would get his full salary for 2018-19, while his last year (19.29 mil) would be stretched at 6.4 million/year over 3 years. Even if he agrees to give back the vet min for both years left on his deal, it's only going to reduce the dead money hit by ~1 mil per year as far as 2019 cap space is concerned.

For me, the bigger issue is that the Knicks should not waive/stretch Noah at all, until they absolutely have to. There's too much risk that they could strike out on the top free agents next summer. If that happens, then waiving/stretching Noah would have been a bad move, as they could simply waive him next summer without the stretch and let his full salary come off the books, rather than carrying his dead money into both the 2020 and 2021 summers. Don't stretch a contract for cap space until you actually need the cap space. The risk of having that dead money on the books for 2 extra years outweighs the usefulness of an extra roster spot right now, IMO. Or of not having to endure Noah's bitching on social media.

I get that Noah wants to play, but the Knicks need to do what's best for the future of the franchise, even if that means not releasing him just yet. They don't owe him anything but a paycheck.

But if they waive him, they have 13 million less of a cap hit in 2019?

I don't care what people think. People are stupid. - Charles Barkley
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
10/5/2018  4:39 PM
toodarkmark wrote:
CTKnicksfan wrote:Knicks need to play this smart - If they are holding out for Noah to give money back in a buyout, it's not going to make a huge difference to the cap hit. Since we're past Sept 1, Noah would get his full salary for 2018-19, while his last year (19.29 mil) would be stretched at 6.4 million/year over 3 years. Even if he agrees to give back the vet min for both years left on his deal, it's only going to reduce the dead money hit by ~1 mil per year as far as 2019 cap space is concerned.

For me, the bigger issue is that the Knicks should not waive/stretch Noah at all, until they absolutely have to. There's too much risk that they could strike out on the top free agents next summer. If that happens, then waiving/stretching Noah would have been a bad move, as they could simply waive him next summer without the stretch and let his full salary come off the books, rather than carrying his dead money into both the 2020 and 2021 summers. Don't stretch a contract for cap space until you actually need the cap space. The risk of having that dead money on the books for 2 extra years outweighs the usefulness of an extra roster spot right now, IMO. Or of not having to endure Noah's bitching on social media.

I get that Noah wants to play, but the Knicks need to do what's best for the future of the franchise, even if that means not releasing him just yet. They don't owe him anything but a paycheck.

But if they waive him, they have 13 million less of a cap hit in 2019?

Yes, that is right. They will need to do that to open up a max slot for a FA next summer. But they don't need to do it now. They can wait until next summer. They even can negotiate a deal with a FA, come to terms verbally, and then waive/stretch Noah to free up the necessary cap space.

What if the Knicks don't end up needing a max slot, though? What if they strike out on all the max level guys? At that point, they'd be better off just waiving Noah without the stretch provision, eating his entire salary in 2019, and going into the summers of 2020 and 2021 without his dead money on their cap.

I do believe that as long as KP remains healthy and signs long term, that the Knicks will eventually land a big-time FA to play alongside him. I am not confident that summer of 2019 is when that will happen. though.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/6/2018  10:40 AM
Has to suck for him that he is not a part of this. So many positive things happening with the franchise. Even the g league team is being proactive, paying guys and assembling the roster. I think he wanted to be a Knick as a new yorker but his entire tenure here sucked and a big part of that is on him. No regrets if they buy him out.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/10/2018  2:03 PM
Is the front office drinking their on kool aid, do they really think any GM in their right mind is going to trade for Noah. The GM that would trade for him would probably get fired in a month

Your talking about a guy who looked like a shell of himself(at best) the last time anyone saw him play, A guy that did something so horrible wrong that you practically have a ORDER of protection out on him preventing him from coming within a 100 yards near anyone associated with the organization.

Are they just out to punish him, or do they think this situation is attractive to FA.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/10/2018  2:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Is the front office drinking their on kool aid, do they really think any GM in their right mind is going to trade for Noah. The GM that would trade for him would probably get fired in a month

Your talking about a guy who looked like a shell of himself(at best) the last time anyone saw him play, A guy that did something so horrible wrong that you practically have a ORDER of protection out on him preventing him from coming within a 100 yards near anyone associated with the organization.

Are they just out to punish him, or do they think this situation is attractive to FA.

Your like a chicken. Every day is new.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/10/2018  2:58 PM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Is the front office drinking their on kool aid, do they really think any GM in their right mind is going to trade for Noah. The GM that would trade for him would probably get fired in a month

Your like a chicken. Every day is new.

I wish i were a chicken.
I'd never get in a rut.

Gudris
Member: #6213

10/13/2018  1:22 PM
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/13/2018  1:53 PM

Thanks Phil

Panos
10/13/2018  2:09 PM
The Knicks go from one albatross cap killing contract to the next.
Panos
10/13/2018  2:10 PM
Panos wrote:The Knicks go from one albatross cap killing contract to the next.
Who's next?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

10/13/2018  4:20 PM
Panos wrote:
Panos wrote:The Knicks go from one albatross cap killing contract to the next.
Who's next?

Hardaway Jr.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
reub
Member: #6227

10/13/2018  6:37 PM
Gudris wrote:

We got rid of bum Noah to open up a spot for hungry Noah(Vonleh).

Noah instagram

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy