[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dear Enes Kanter,
Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/26/2018  6:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/26/2018  6:45 PM
Welpee wrote:Here's the thing, it's not for YOU to determine how somebody else can be the best they can be. YOU have no idea how hard Kanter is working. You're passing judgement about somebody's work ethic with little to nothing to back it up. If Kanter showed up 15 lbs overweight, you'd have something. If he came to camp looking flabby, you'd have something. None
You seem to have an issue with the phase "be yourself" as if it's a bad thing. Did you not read the part where I said "if you're not hurting anyone?" Or are you saying EwingsGlass determines who people should be like? Who has determined who EwingsGlass should be like? Maybe somebody thinks you should be more like GustavBahler?

[quote="GustavBahler”]
Not sure why you dragged my screen name into this drama, not once, but twice.

Not to mention the backhanded remark about my writing style. I see nothing in what you just did worth emulating.

My apologies. I didn’t mean any offense to you.

I also did not intend to imply anything about your writing style or anything else about you.

If anything, Welpee respects you more than me and implied I should be more like you.

This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

9/26/2018  6:45 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Welpee wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Welpee wrote: A) Essentially what you're saying is you have prototype player that you favor. Kanter doesn't fit that prototype so you have a problem with him. My issue is this, what's the difference between Kanter and Hardaway? So just because Kanter has a quirky personality you felt a need to create this thread about him?

B You seem to forget Kanter dropped a ton of weight last off season and re-built his body. So if you haven't heard about his work ethic you're purposely not trying. You don't remember all the Kanter workout videos that were circulating? Frank has only really been here one off-season and you're already in love with him without even seeing the end result on the court?

C And you make it seem like Kanter is stealing money posting a double/double at $18m? Look at some of the vets in his contract range. I have no problem with his production relative to his contract.

D I'm sure Udonis Haslem is a good dude and well liked by the Heat but you would have to go back 10 years to even consider taking Haslem over 2017-18 Kanter. Again, I would rather have Kanter be himself than try to be somebody he's not. If he's not hurting anyone I have no desire to want to micromanage a person's personality and want them to be like somebody else. Heck, why not insist on him (and everybody else) being like David Robinson?

E Just be yourself.

ACorrect. Kind of. I think you missed my value argument for the most part. I think two or three posts ago (back in July of 2017 -- I do not post that often), I wrote a scathing review of the Tim Hardaway, Jr.'s contract signing. I don't need to cross up arguments about Enes and Timmy. But if you asked me to pick the three worst contracts on the Knicks, its Noah, Kanter and Hardaway, Jr. Separating like or dislike for the player, some guys have good value (any productive player still on their rookie scale contract) and others have bad value (pretty much any veteran role player on anything other than a vet minimum contract). So, my point is based on his present value, I don't think he should be representing the future of the Knicks on social media. And yes, I created a thread about that.

B You are using an exagerrative style to make your point.

EwingsGlass wrote: Every few weeks I read an article about who you are recruiting, who you are insulting or some other social media fodder having to do with you. It has been a while since I read an article about you working hard, studying tape or practicing footwork.
I said it's been a while - not there are no articles in existence. But, yes, I prefer the strong silent types. I am not looking for Kanter to be the face of this franchise. I don't like him recruiting Lebron James. Because at his value, I don't expect him to be part of the team. This is a personal opinion you can contest outright. "Yes, I like when Enes antagonizes Lebron James and then challenging him to play here". "I think Enes is a fine representative of the Knicks that should be the person reaching out to Kevin Durant about his impending free agency". I don't like that.

Now, Frank is 20 year old on a rookie scale contract with great body dimensions, a commitment to defense and a lot of upside. He is a project. But he has good value. If you offered me another Ntlikina-type for Kanter (maybe not at the same roster spot -- see my roster spot / minutes limitation), I'd likely make that transaction in a NY minute (not me of course).

C Not stealing. Overpaid. He probably thinks so too. That's why he exercised the option instead of testing the market.

D I proposed Haslem as a role model not as a roster replacement. But if a straight up deal were made and I could cut that salary, I'd make that trade yesterday (again, not me personally). Use the words "dollar for dollar" in front of pretty much anything I write when making roster decisions.

E Unless you can be Batman. Then, be Batman. Seriously, I think you misunderstand that sentence/slogan. By your usage, it validates bad behavior also. Still a crack addict? "Just be yourself". Don't throw strikes? "Just be yourself". You might substitute the phrase "be the best 'you' you can be." Work harder. I want the NY Knicks to be known for how hard they work, not for any off the court drama. That's my opinion.

Here's the thing, it's not for YOU to determine how somebody else can be the best they can be. YOU have no idea how hard Kanter is working. You're passing judgement about somebody's work ethic with little to nothing to back it up. If Kanter showed up 15 lbs overweight, you'd have something. If he came to camp looking flabby, you'd have something. None of that is the case with Kanter.

You seem to have an issue with the phase "be yourself" as if it's a bad thing. Did you not read the part where I said "if you're not hurting anyone?" Or are you saying EwingsGlass determines who people should be like? Who has determined who EwingsGlass should be like? Maybe somebody thinks you should be more like GustavBahler?

To direct this back to hoops, Kanter biggest problem is he's an old school center in a new school game. Yet you act like he's not good defensively because he doesn't work hard enough. Not everyone can be great defensively. The Kanter I saw last year tried defensively. He got in shape, lost a ton of weight and wasn't the huge liability defensively as advertised. No, I wasn't good defensively but it wasn't due to lack of effort. Mainly he doesn't have the foot speed to keep up with new era bigs. Not to mention, he played for a coach who didn't put much emphasis on defense. We'll see what happens under Fizdale. But it's a fantasy to think all a player has to do is work harder and he'll be a great defender.

Again, you have no idea how hard Kanter is working.

Enes, is that you?

Jokes aside, are you morally opposed to me posting an opinion on a chatboard that you don't agree with? It is for me to determine how I feel about anything and everything in this world. Since my Knick fandom has led me to the catharsis of writing my feelings in the form of an internet post, I consider that a healthy expression of my feelings (much like you are defending Kanter's expression of his personality).

Except, I am not a public persona. My words carry very little weight beyond the folks here that read it. Enes is a public persona. He has willingly submitted himself to the scrutiny of the public by taking a public media presence. Because of that, I have the absolute and unfettered right to compare him to other players, make judgments about his behaviour, and decide whether I like his contract or not based on impartial or even incorrect information. You can try and convince me that my information is wrong, but not that I have the right to have that opinion.

Next, I didn't speak about his work ethic, I spoke about his media presence and how it portrays his work ethic. I said there are more posts about nonsense than about his work ethic. As a fan, I don't like that and would change that. I do believe anything in this world can be accomplished with hard work. I also think his physical specimen is such that he has the capacity to be a top notch defender. I'm not asking him to grow twelve inches.

None of this should be personally insulting. If someone thought my posts should be more like Gustav Bahler's, I'd respect that. Doesn't mean I am going to change. Or that I have to change. I can process that opinion with the other 4 opinions out there about me and be okay with that. But if I wanted that person to like me more, I might try and follow Gustav's writing style.

But me? I'm just writing about the NY Knicks.

Not to mention the backhanded remark about my writing style. I see nothing in what you just did worth emulating.

Nothing personal, your screen name was the first one I saw to make a point. Basically saying asking Kanter to be like Haslem is as ridiculous as asking him to be more like another poster.
Welpee

9/26/2018  6:47 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Welpee wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Welpee wrote: A) Essentially what you're saying is you have prototype player that you favor. Kanter doesn't fit that prototype so you have a problem with him. My issue is this, what's the difference between Kanter and Hardaway? So just because Kanter has a quirky personality you felt a need to create this thread about him?

B You seem to forget Kanter dropped a ton of weight last off season and re-built his body. So if you haven't heard about his work ethic you're purposely not trying. You don't remember all the Kanter workout videos that were circulating? Frank has only really been here one off-season and you're already in love with him without even seeing the end result on the court?

C And you make it seem like Kanter is stealing money posting a double/double at $18m? Look at some of the vets in his contract range. I have no problem with his production relative to his contract.

D I'm sure Udonis Haslem is a good dude and well liked by the Heat but you would have to go back 10 years to even consider taking Haslem over 2017-18 Kanter. Again, I would rather have Kanter be himself than try to be somebody he's not. If he's not hurting anyone I have no desire to want to micromanage a person's personality and want them to be like somebody else. Heck, why not insist on him (and everybody else) being like David Robinson?

E Just be yourself.

ACorrect. Kind of. I think you missed my value argument for the most part. I think two or three posts ago (back in July of 2017 -- I do not post that often), I wrote a scathing review of the Tim Hardaway, Jr.'s contract signing. I don't need to cross up arguments about Enes and Timmy. But if you asked me to pick the three worst contracts on the Knicks, its Noah, Kanter and Hardaway, Jr. Separating like or dislike for the player, some guys have good value (any productive player still on their rookie scale contract) and others have bad value (pretty much any veteran role player on anything other than a vet minimum contract). So, my point is based on his present value, I don't think he should be representing the future of the Knicks on social media. And yes, I created a thread about that.

B You are using an exagerrative style to make your point.

EwingsGlass wrote: Every few weeks I read an article about who you are recruiting, who you are insulting or some other social media fodder having to do with you. It has been a while since I read an article about you working hard, studying tape or practicing footwork.
I said it's been a while - not there are no articles in existence. But, yes, I prefer the strong silent types. I am not looking for Kanter to be the face of this franchise. I don't like him recruiting Lebron James. Because at his value, I don't expect him to be part of the team. This is a personal opinion you can contest outright. "Yes, I like when Enes antagonizes Lebron James and then challenging him to play here". "I think Enes is a fine representative of the Knicks that should be the person reaching out to Kevin Durant about his impending free agency". I don't like that.

Now, Frank is 20 year old on a rookie scale contract with great body dimensions, a commitment to defense and a lot of upside. He is a project. But he has good value. If you offered me another Ntlikina-type for Kanter (maybe not at the same roster spot -- see my roster spot / minutes limitation), I'd likely make that transaction in a NY minute (not me of course).

C Not stealing. Overpaid. He probably thinks so too. That's why he exercised the option instead of testing the market.

D I proposed Haslem as a role model not as a roster replacement. But if a straight up deal were made and I could cut that salary, I'd make that trade yesterday (again, not me personally). Use the words "dollar for dollar" in front of pretty much anything I write when making roster decisions.

E Unless you can be Batman. Then, be Batman. Seriously, I think you misunderstand that sentence/slogan. By your usage, it validates bad behavior also. Still a crack addict? "Just be yourself". Don't throw strikes? "Just be yourself". You might substitute the phrase "be the best 'you' you can be." Work harder. I want the NY Knicks to be known for how hard they work, not for any off the court drama. That's my opinion.

Here's the thing, it's not for YOU to determine how somebody else can be the best they can be. YOU have no idea how hard Kanter is working. You're passing judgement about somebody's work ethic with little to nothing to back it up. If Kanter showed up 15 lbs overweight, you'd have something. If he came to camp looking flabby, you'd have something. None of that is the case with Kanter.

To direct this back to hoops, Kanter biggest problem is he's an old school center in a new school game. Yet you act like he's not good defensively because he doesn't work hard enough. Not everyone can be great defensively. The Kanter I saw last year tried defensively. He got in shape, lost a ton of weight and wasn't the huge liability defensively as advertised. No, I wasn't good defensively but it wasn't due to lack of effort. Mainly he doesn't have the foot speed to keep up with new era bigs. Not to mention, he played for a coach who didn't put much emphasis on defense. We'll see what happens under Fizdale. But it's a fantasy to think all a player has to do is work harder and he'll be a great defender.

Again, you have no idea how hard Kanter is working.

Enes, is that you?

Jokes aside, are you morally opposed to me posting an opinion on a chatboard that you don't agree with? It is for me to determine how I feel about anything and everything in this world. Since my Knick fandom has led me to the catharsis of writing my feelings in the form of an internet post, I consider that a healthy expression of my feelings (much like you are defending Kanter's expression of his personality).

Except, I am not a public persona. My words carry very little weight beyond the folks here that read it. Enes is a public persona. He has willingly submitted himself to the scrutiny of the public by taking a public media presence. Because of that, I have the absolute and unfettered right to compare him to other players, make judgments about his behaviour, and decide whether I like his contract or not based on impartial or even incorrect information. You can try and convince me that my information is wrong, but not that I have the right to have that opinion.

Next, I didn't speak about his work ethic, I spoke about his media presence and how it portrays his work ethic. I said there are more posts about nonsense than about his work ethic. As a fan, I don't like that and would change that. I do believe anything in this world can be accomplished with hard work. I also think his physical specimen is such that he has the capacity to be a top notch defender. I'm not asking him to grow twelve inches.

None of this should be personally insulting. If someone thought my posts should be more like Gustav Bahler's, I'd respect that. Doesn't mean I am going to change. Or that I have to change. I can process that opinion with the other 4 opinions out there about me and be okay with that. But if I wanted that person to like me more, I might try and follow Gustav's writing style.

But me? I'm just writing about the NY Knicks.

You're free to post whatever you want (obviously). I'm free to challenge the sensibility of it.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/26/2018  6:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/26/2018  6:56 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Welpee wrote:Here's the thing, it's not for YOU to determine how somebody else can be the best they can be. YOU have no idea how hard Kanter is working. You're passing judgement about somebody's work ethic with little to nothing to back it up. If Kanter showed up 15 lbs overweight, you'd have something. If he came to camp looking flabby, you'd have something. None

[quote="GustavBahler”]

My apologies. I didn’t mean any offense to you.

I also did not intend to imply anything about your writing style or anything else about you.

If anything, Welpee respects you more than me and implied I should be more like you.

Dont appreciate my screen name being used as a blunt instrument. Dont care how much you respect me. Thanks for clearing that up.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/26/2018  7:10 PM
Later skaters...
This is the Randle.
GustavBahler

9/26/2018  7:26 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Later skaters...

Hope you stick around, season is about to start.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

9/26/2018  9:24 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:First, you need to earn some hardware for your defensive prowess. Don't ask me for a contract until you receive something shiny with the word defense on it. Then, when it comes time to get a contract again, take something less than the highest price you can get. That, would create value.

If we aren't doing that, what are we talking about here? Don't recruit for the Knicks. Go create value.

Enes Kanter is a low BBIQ player. That's being kind. He's high effort ( for now) and in shape. So it's not one of those issues in play.

He doesn't know where to be or why he needs to be there. There is no fixing that. Full stop. Period. End of story.

People were confused why a broken down Jarret Jack was getting so many minutes for a while. He was actually making the defensive calls on the floor when Kanter was in the lineup.

You are asking a player outside his prime developmental window to do something he is simply unable to do. He can give strong effort. He can throw an elbow. But he cannot read the floor.

He's what you call an "Orange Traffic Cone" What that means is he's a space eater. That's his only defensive value. That someone has to go through him or around him to get to the rim.

What players say to each other is overblown. Players go for max money/max years/best chance to win and contend. Pathway to minutes or starting and sometimes family ( make wife not miserable) is a consideration. Sometimes a player's mother sheds the waterworks and if the Dad is dead, sometimes that's a push too to get a player into his hometown ( Really young guy, just wants to make his Momma happy, not uncommon anywhere on Earth)

TripleThreat

9/26/2018  9:36 PM
arkrud wrote:NBA is not only about sports but also about entertainment.
Kanter is great entertainer so this is his extra value.
As era of clowns in MSG is coming to the end he will probably move on to some other place and will be as happy and as cool as he is in NY.
It is not about the place but about the personality.

Kanter needs to be in NY because he needs to be near the United Nations. This is his best chance to get his father's freedom. I'm not saying the situation is fair or right or justified. It's complicated. I will say if Kanter spent more time shutting up, maybe his father would not be in prison now. Fair? Unfair? Sometimes if you are the squeaky wheel, you will get greased.

On a personal level, I hope it works out for his family. But there's always a lesson. Sometimes it's better to just shut the **** up.

I could care less about what he says, in both Utah and OKC, for some periods, he dogged it. His high effort is great, but he's given evidence that it's something he turns off and on. He wants a new contract so he's trying to keep it on now. But if he got paid here? Yeah, I don't know.

While it's unfortunate for Big Shot Rob ( Robert Horry), lots of people in the NBA don't remember him for his clutch long range bombing. They remember him throwing a towel in his coaches face. Many people in the league still think about Pippen refusing to go back into a game. Mourning refusing to show up after being traded. Vince Carter just plain dogging it.

It's just takes one time or a short stretch to have people question your commitment. This is why Patrick Beverley will get paid as much as the market will bear. He won't get a massive deal, but no one is going to question whether he's going to take plays off or not. From the time he walked onto an NBA floor, he's gone 250 percent, full bore.

Kanter has no one to blame but himself.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/27/2018  10:14 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:I am not assuming the position of the authority on value, I am posting my opinion of his value and what I think would create more value on a Knicks chatboard. Assume for all my arguments posted on a Knicks chatboard that I have the right, even the authority to make that post. When it comes to actual business decisions, he and his Agent should make the decisions for themselves how to maximize his SALARY, not necessarily his VALUE. But as a fan, I want to maximize his VALUE to the team.
E I'm not certain a post on a chatboard has the ability to control anything other my attention for the last twenty minutes. As a fan, I love what the front office is doing. I'd like to see them in charge of the free agent recruitment, not Mr. Kanter. I don't have the ability to stop him from tweeting his thoughts. Or picking stupid fights with guys like Lebron (I thought Lebron's feelings about DSJ vs Ntlikina were reasonable, but believe Ntlikina has more upside in future years based on his physical presence). As a fan, I'd prefer that Kanter not do that stuff. My opinion. I don't really expect Kanter to read this and respond meaningfully. I am posting it here to talk as a discussion thread with you losers

I guess I am stating that this opinion has 0 value because whether Kanter maximizes his value to this team or not is moot. This is because FO has positioned themselves quite well for 2019.

lol your thread title made it seem like an open letter to Kanter and we all know he reads everything on the net...including this

As far as FO being in charge of FA recruitment, they're not allowed to talk about any players under contract, so they'll talk only when FA begins.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Welpee

9/27/2018  11:54 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:I am not assuming the position of the authority on value, I am posting my opinion of his value and what I think would create more value on a Knicks chatboard. Assume for all my arguments posted on a Knicks chatboard that I have the right, even the authority to make that post. When it comes to actual business decisions, he and his Agent should make the decisions for themselves how to maximize his SALARY, not necessarily his VALUE. But as a fan, I want to maximize his VALUE to the team.
E I'm not certain a post on a chatboard has the ability to control anything other my attention for the last twenty minutes. As a fan, I love what the front office is doing. I'd like to see them in charge of the free agent recruitment, not Mr. Kanter. I don't have the ability to stop him from tweeting his thoughts. Or picking stupid fights with guys like Lebron (I thought Lebron's feelings about DSJ vs Ntlikina were reasonable, but believe Ntlikina has more upside in future years based on his physical presence). As a fan, I'd prefer that Kanter not do that stuff. My opinion. I don't really expect Kanter to read this and respond meaningfully. I am posting it here to talk as a discussion thread with you losers

I guess I am stating that this opinion has 0 value because whether Kanter maximizes his value to this team or not is moot. This is because FO has positioned themselves quite well for 2019.

lol your thread title made it seem like an open letter to Kanter and we all know he reads everything on the net...including this

As far as FO being in charge of FA recruitment, they're not allowed to talk about any players under contract, so they'll talk only when FA begins.

This whole thread is a big nothing burger. Just a bunch of righteous grandstanding.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/28/2018  9:39 AM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Chandler
Member: #6197

9/28/2018  12:50 PM
if fizdale wanted my advice I would start Kanter and run a lot of plays for him early in the hope he can set an aggressive tone and if lucky create some foul problems on the other side.

As soon as his defense starts to exploited then he needs to ride pine

(5)(5)
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/28/2018  5:35 PM
Chandler wrote:if fizdale wanted my advice I would start Kanter and run a lot of plays for him early in the hope he can set an aggressive tone and if lucky create some foul problems on the other side.

As soon as his defense starts to exploited then he needs to ride pine

So you'd use him like every other coach he's played for lol I like Enes, but I'm looking forward to the day we can use him as a sixth-man.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler

9/29/2018  6:33 PM
From Berman...

The thing about Mitch, you’re dealing with Enes Kanter every day — who is a top five post-up player in the league,’’ Fizdale said. “That’s only going to make him better because there’s not many of those running around.”
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
9/29/2018  9:03 PM
GustavBahler wrote:From Berman...

The thing about Mitch, youre dealing with Enes Kanter every day; who is a top five post-up player in the league," Fizdale said. ;Thats only going to make him better because theres not many of those running around.

There would be exactly five, to be precise.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/4/2018  9:11 AM
Why the hate for Kanter?

I know his advanced stats don't look great- you could probably fairly say they're horrible.

But he does give you 20 pts and 20 boards on occasion, and if he weren't out there, I don't know who on the roster is grabbing those same boards and scoring points the same way he does.

I hope we can keep him long term, but obviously not at his current salary.

If he is not in the long term plans, I hope we can trade him for something like a draft pick.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/6/2018  9:53 PM
Don't look now, but after 3 games Kanter is leading the league in pre-season total rebounds and rebounding average: 40 and 13.3
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/6/2018  10:34 PM
Panos wrote:Don't look now, but after 3 games Kanter is leading the league in pre-season total rebounds and rebounding average: 40 and 13.3
He also is passing and worked on the things his coach wanted and n the offseason. This is the first offseason for Kanter as a Knick. The Melo trade was right before training camp. Kanter might be a keeper if the price is right.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/6/2018  11:11 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
arkrud wrote:NBA is not only about sports but also about entertainment.
Kanter is great entertainer so this is his extra value.
As era of clowns in MSG is coming to the end he will probably move on to some other place and will be as happy and as cool as he is in NY.
It is not about the place but about the personality.

Kanter needs to be in NY because he needs to be near the United Nations. This is his best chance to get his father's freedom. I'm not saying the situation is fair or right or justified. It's complicated. I will say if Kanter spent more time shutting up, maybe his father would not be in prison now. Fair? Unfair? Sometimes if you are the squeaky wheel, you will get greased.

On a personal level, I hope it works out for his family. But there's always a lesson. Sometimes it's better to just shut the **** up.

I could care less about what he says, in both Utah and OKC, for some periods, he dogged it. His high effort is great, but he's given evidence that it's something he turns off and on. He wants a new contract so he's trying to keep it on now. But if he got paid here? Yeah, I don't know.

While it's unfortunate for Big Shot Rob ( Robert Horry), lots of people in the NBA don't remember him for his clutch long range bombing. They remember him throwing a towel in his coaches face. Many people in the league still think about Pippen refusing to go back into a game. Mourning refusing to show up after being traded. Vince Carter just plain dogging it.

It's just takes one time or a short stretch to have people question your commitment. This is why Patrick Beverley will get paid as much as the market will bear. He won't get a massive deal, but no one is going to question whether he's going to take plays off or not. From the time he walked onto an NBA floor, he's gone 250 percent, full bore.

Kanter has no one to blame but himself.

He is Turk and he is an achiever. In his country he would be a hero if he would "shut up".
But he stand up for freedom and human rights against the strong man who can destroy him and his family... and so he does.
There is nothing for him to gain from his "popularity". So I have a high respect for him as a person.
I was leaving in totalitarian country myself and it is no fan and not to many people can stand up like Kanter does.
Of course this has nothing to do with the bbal business. He has his weaknesses which are glaring.
But his value among young developing players is magnified by his personality.
As far as being close to UN... this will not help.
His family faith will be decided by Turkish people and how long they will allow to drag them back into middle-ages of Islamic fundamentalism.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
TripleThreat

10/6/2018  11:36 PM
Panos wrote:Don't look now, but after 3 games Kanter is leading the league in pre-season total rebounds and rebounding average: 40 and 13.3

If you took any starting pivot in the NBA and

1) Took away ALL of his rim protection responsibilities

2) Took away ALL of the expectation to actually space the floor

3) Took away ALL responsibility to make defensive calls/read the floor/quarterback the defense

then any of those players would have their rebounding numbers spike.

I got drafted with a guy who took care of his little brother. His little brother never worked a day in his life. Never will have to as big brother did well contract wise and took care of his money. Little brother is a competitive power lifter. But it's way easier to live that lifestyle when you can focus only on your training and you have no limitations in cost of diet, nutrition, training gear, travel, etc, etc.

Kanter literally has no standard pivot responsibilities.

A lot of guys can't camp out for rebound, they've got to back down the floor and defend the damn rim.

Dear Enes Kanter,

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy