[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dear Enes Kanter,
Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
9/24/2018  4:46 PM
Every few weeks I read an article about who you are recruiting, who you are insulting or some other social media fodder having to do with you. It has been a while since I read an article about you working hard, studying tape or practicing footwork. Without animosity, when I see you recruiting other players, I ask myself if you are actually going to be part of the team next year?

Building a team is about value. Three things are limited in the NBA. Roster spots, minutes and salary cap. Which players give us the most value from their roster spot? The most value from their minutes? The most value from their salary? Considering all three today, I'm not sure you are a keeper. In fact, I am pretty certain you aren't.

That's not an irreversible indictment. From the outside looking in, I'd suggest you'd be better off learning to be like Udonis Haslem than recruiting the league's superstars on Twitter. Go get a lunch pail and start bringing it to work every day. We need workers. Blue collar guys to clean the boards and take out the trash. The best recruitment you could possibly do for New York is to give solid energy for 25 minutes a game. Focus on defense and use hard fouls wisely. Make people respect you for your actions. Centers are like Victorian children. They should be seen and not heard. Unless you are Shaq. You aren't Shaq.

First, you need to earn some hardware for your defensive prowess. Don't ask me for a contract until you receive something shiny with the word defense on it. Then, when it comes time to get a contract again, take something less than the highest price you can get. That, would create value.

If we aren't doing that, what are we talking about here? Don't recruit for the Knicks. Go create value.

This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/24/2018  11:46 PM
NBA is not only about sports but also about entertainment.
Kanter is great entertainer so this is his extra value.
As era of clowns in MSG is coming to the end he will probably move on to some other place and will be as happy and as cool as he is in NY.
It is not about the place but about the personality.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

9/25/2018  1:05 PM
My nipples get hard when I envision tanking for RJ and Kanter no longer being on the roster.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/25/2018  1:35 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:My nipples get hard when I envision tanking for RJ and Kanter no longer being on the roster.

hahahahahaaha

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

9/25/2018  2:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/25/2018  2:25 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Every few weeks I read an article about who you are recruiting, who you are insulting or some other social media fodder having to do with you. It has been a while since I read an article about you working hard, studying tape or practicing footwork. Without animosity, when I see you recruiting other players, I ask myself if you are actually going to be part of the team next year?

Building a team is about value. Three things are limited in the NBA. Roster spots, minutes and salary cap. Which players give us the most value from their roster spot? The most value from their minutes? The most value from their salary? Considering all three today, I'm not sure you are a keeper. In fact, I am pretty certain you aren't.

That's not an irreversible indictment. From the outside looking in, I'd suggest you'd be better off learning to be like Udonis Haslem than recruiting the league's superstars on Twitter. Go get a lunch pail and start bringing it to work every day. We need workers. Blue collar guys to clean the boards and take out the trash. The best recruitment you could possibly do for New York is to give solid energy for 25 minutes a game. Focus on defense and use hard fouls wisely. Make people respect you for your actions. Centers are like Victorian children. They should be seen and not heard. Unless you are Shaq. You aren't Shaq.

First, you need to earn some hardware for your defensive prowess. Don't ask me for a contract until you receive something shiny with the word defense on it. Then, when it comes time to get a contract again, take something less than the highest price you can get. That, would create value.

If we aren't doing that, what are we talking about here? Don't recruit for the Knicks. Go create value.

1) Did you hear him say he worked on his three point shot (in addition to other stuff) at the coach's request?
2) Kanter is better off being himself and not like somebody else.
3) All Kanter has done since he got here is be a blue collar guy. Who says blue collar guys can't also have personality?
4) Unless your name is James Dolan I doubt that he's going to ask YOU for a contract.
5) Sounds like you personally have something against Kanter beyond hoops, which is fine. Just don't try and bury it into some basketball rant because a lot of what you're saying isn't very accurate.
EwingsGlass
USA
9/25/2018  5:20 PM
Welpee wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:Every few weeks I read an article about who you are recruiting, who you are insulting or some other social media fodder having to do with you. It has been a while since I read an article about you working hard, studying tape or practicing footwork. Without animosity, when I see you recruiting other players, I ask myself if you are actually going to be part of the team next year?

1) Did you hear him say he worked on his three point shot (in addition to other stuff) at the coach's request?
3) All Kanter has done since he got here is be a blue collar guy. Who says blue collar guys can't also have personality?
4) Unless your name is James Dolan I doubt that he's going to ask YOU for a contract.
5) Sounds like you personally have something against Kanter beyond hoops, which is fine. Just don't try and bury it into some basketball rant because a lot of what you're saying isn't very accurate.

In reverse order:

5) No. I am just a Knicks fan. Personally, I sympathize with the political quandary of his family. But I separate those emotions from my feelings about his position on the Knicks. I felt like exploring my emotions regarding Kanter's recruitment and other tweets in an online post. It has everything to do with basketball in comparison to social media and nothing else. I bet he would be fun to grab a beer with. So long as he didn't beat the tar out of me for being critical of him.

4) "Don't ask me" is just writing style. It's a figure of speech. That's a figurative writing style that is not intended to be read literally. I don't literally want him to take out the trash or clean the backboard, either. I'd like him to be willing to, though.

3) I don't have a problem with personality. His performance is not making me appreciate his personality. I'm not impressed with 14/11 for 18mm. I think his social presence is exceeding his on court presence and that bothers me. Take Ntlikina by comparison. Frank is always working on something. Or shrugging off criticism. Personally, I like that. Personality can be fun. I consider Rodman a blue collar guy on the court. He had personality, both on and off. Some might say his personality was bigger than his performance. But, that really isn't true. Rodman was a defensive beast. I appreciate Dennis Rodman. Ten years from now, if you want me to still be talking about that Kanter guy, I will need to see more than his personality off the court.

2) No. Everyone can benefit from having a positive role model. It's ok to emulate someone who you respect. The "just be yourself" is a slogan from the 80s to prevent wayward teens from becoming susceptible to peer pressure. Its ok to model your game after someone who has achieved success. Be aspirational. Maybe Haslem is not setting the bar high enough. But there, I see a guy who is the backbone of the Heat and has been for years. Superstars come and go. Haslem remains. You may disagree, but if he wants to be in NY longterm with my support (solely in my capacity as a fan - I am not Mr. Dolan), I'd like to see him take a less vocal role and a more active defensive role. I see Mitchell Robinson knocking on the door, and there, I see value.

1) There was a snippet of that a month ago or so.

This is the Randle.
Welpee

9/25/2018  7:47 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Welpee wrote:

In reverse order:

5) No. I am just a Knicks fan. Personally, I sympathize with the political quandary of his family. But I separate those emotions from my feelings about his position on the Knicks. I felt like exploring my emotions regarding Kanter's recruitment and other tweets in an online post. It has everything to do with basketball in comparison to social media and nothing else. I bet he would be fun to grab a beer with. So long as he didn't beat the tar out of me for being critical of him.

4) "Don't ask me" is just writing style. It's a figure of speech. That's a figurative writing style that is not intended to be read literally. I don't literally want him to take out the trash or clean the backboard, either. I'd like him to be willing to, though.

3) I don't have a problem with personality. His performance is not making me appreciate his personality. I'm not impressed with 14/11 for 18mm. I think his social presence is exceeding his on court presence and that bothers me. Take Ntlikina by comparison. Frank is always working on something. Or shrugging off criticism. Personally, I like that. Personality can be fun. I consider Rodman a blue collar guy on the court. He had personality, both on and off. Some might say his personality was bigger than his performance. But, that really isn't true. Rodman was a defensive beast. I appreciate Dennis Rodman. Ten years from now, if you want me to still be talking about that Kanter guy, I will need to see more than his personality off the court.

2) No. Everyone can benefit from having a positive role model. It's ok to emulate someone who you respect. The "just be yourself" is a slogan from the 80s to prevent wayward teens from becoming susceptible to peer pressure. Its ok to model your game after someone who has achieved success. Be aspirational. Maybe Haslem is not setting the bar high enough. But there, I see a guy who is the backbone of the Heat and has been for years. Superstars come and go. Haslem remains. You may disagree, but if he wants to be in NY longterm with my support (solely in my capacity as a fan - I am not Mr. Dolan), I'd like to see him take a less vocal role and a more active defensive role. I see Mitchell Robinson knocking on the door, and there, I see value.

Essentially what you're saying is you have prototype player that you favor. Kanter doesn't fit that prototype so you have a problem with him. My issue is this, what's the difference between Kanter and Hardaway? So just because Kanter has a quirky personality you felt a need to create this thread about him?

You seem to forget Kanter dropped a ton of weight last off season and re-built his body. So if you haven't heard about his work ethic you're purposely not trying. You don't remember all the Kanter workout videos that were circulating? Frank has only really been here one off-season and you're already in love with him without even seeing the end result on the court?

And you make it seem like Kanter is stealing money posting a double/double at $18m? Look at some of the vets in his contract range. I have no problem with his production relative to his contract.

I'm sure Udonis Haslem is a good dude and well liked by the Heat but you would have to go back 10 years to even consider taking Haslem over 2017-18 Kanter. Again, I would rather have Kanter be himself than try to be somebody he's not. If he's not hurting anyone I have no desire to want to micromanage a person's personality and want them to be like somebody else. Heck, why not insist on him (and everybody else) being like David Robinson?

Just be yourself.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
9/25/2018  7:59 PM
at a reduced price he’s a great piece to come in and cause trouble under the basket. a zsa zsa type, who has always been underrated.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/26/2018  10:16 AM
Kanter responds..

"No way Buddy! GO KNICKS!!!!!"

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

9/26/2018  11:37 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Welpee wrote:

In reverse order:

EG demonstrating the sort of mature, constructive responses that elevate this forum. Thanks for the clarity in you writing and your willingness to backup your words with even better ones. Well done.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/26/2018  12:20 PM
I think the issue here is most centers in the NBA are not as active or vocal on social media as Kanter. It kind of gives the impression that Kanter cares more about that, rather than improving his craft. I think this is not the truth though. He has been working all summer like a lot of the other Knicks and if you actually looked at his retweets from videos others posted about him, you'd know that.

I think the problem is that he's not really a game changing center and so his "recruiting tweets" are for naught. Most players are not paying attention to it, but Enes does not care. He's primarily on it because he likes it. I'd rather him have that as a "bad habit" than playing Fortnite or other video games for hours on end or eating pizza and drinking coke.

If the joy he gets out of social media motivates him or puts his mind and energy into a space that makes him feel good about the upcoming season and performing better than last year...I have 0 problems with that.

It's not for the forum posters here to determine how he should create value in a contract year, it's really for himself because at the end of the day if he doesn't...Perry is not going to give him a long term contract. We will know very soon (2 months maybe?) whether he came ready to play and ready to dominate or not.

This open letter seems a PJax style attempt to control how a center should behave, how or what a Melo should say or do. The FO has positioned themselves quite well, so where's the harm in his social media indulgences?

People don't pay that much attention to his tweets in the NBA anyway, which will continue unless he becomes a dominating C this season. And if he doesn't he's out of here. You think he doesn't know that?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
EwingsGlass
USA
9/26/2018  12:38 PM
Welpee wrote: A) Essentially what you're saying is you have prototype player that you favor. Kanter doesn't fit that prototype so you have a problem with him. My issue is this, what's the difference between Kanter and Hardaway? So just because Kanter has a quirky personality you felt a need to create this thread about him?

B You seem to forget Kanter dropped a ton of weight last off season and re-built his body. So if you haven't heard about his work ethic you're purposely not trying. You don't remember all the Kanter workout videos that were circulating? Frank has only really been here one off-season and you're already in love with him without even seeing the end result on the court?

C And you make it seem like Kanter is stealing money posting a double/double at $18m? Look at some of the vets in his contract range. I have no problem with his production relative to his contract.

D I'm sure Udonis Haslem is a good dude and well liked by the Heat but you would have to go back 10 years to even consider taking Haslem over 2017-18 Kanter. Again, I would rather have Kanter be himself than try to be somebody he's not. If he's not hurting anyone I have no desire to want to micromanage a person's personality and want them to be like somebody else. Heck, why not insist on him (and everybody else) being like David Robinson?

E Just be yourself.

ACorrect. Kind of. I think you missed my value argument for the most part. I think two or three posts ago (back in July of 2017 -- I do not post that often), I wrote a scathing review of the Tim Hardaway, Jr.'s contract signing. I don't need to cross up arguments about Enes and Timmy. But if you asked me to pick the three worst contracts on the Knicks, its Noah, Kanter and Hardaway, Jr. Separating like or dislike for the player, some guys have good value (any productive player still on their rookie scale contract) and others have bad value (pretty much any veteran role player on anything other than a vet minimum contract). So, my point is based on his present value, I don't think he should be representing the future of the Knicks on social media. And yes, I created a thread about that.

B You are using an exagerrative style to make your point.

EwingsGlass wrote: Every few weeks I read an article about who you are recruiting, who you are insulting or some other social media fodder having to do with you. It has been a while since I read an article about you working hard, studying tape or practicing footwork.
I said it's been a while - not there are no articles in existence. But, yes, I prefer the strong silent types. I am not looking for Kanter to be the face of this franchise. I don't like him recruiting Lebron James. Because at his value, I don't expect him to be part of the team. This is a personal opinion you can contest outright. "Yes, I like when Enes antagonizes Lebron James and then challenging him to play here". "I think Enes is a fine representative of the Knicks that should be the person reaching out to Kevin Durant about his impending free agency". I don't like that.

Now, Frank is 20 year old on a rookie scale contract with great body dimensions, a commitment to defense and a lot of upside. He is a project. But he has good value. If you offered me another Ntlikina-type for Kanter (maybe not at the same roster spot -- see my roster spot / minutes limitation), I'd likely make that transaction in a NY minute (not me of course).

C Not stealing. Overpaid. He probably thinks so too. That's why he exercised the option instead of testing the market.

D I proposed Haslem as a role model not as a roster replacement. But if a straight up deal were made and I could cut that salary, I'd make that trade yesterday (again, not me personally). Use the words "dollar for dollar" in front of pretty much anything I write when making roster decisions.

E Unless you can be Batman. Then, be Batman. Seriously, I think you misunderstand that sentence/slogan. By your usage, it validates bad behavior also. Still a crack addict? "Just be yourself". Don't throw strikes? "Just be yourself". You might substitute the phrase "be the best 'you' you can be." Work harder. I want the NY Knicks to be known for how hard they work, not for any off the court drama. That's my opinion.

This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
USA
9/26/2018  1:54 PM
Cartman718 wrote:A I think the issue here is most centers in the NBA are not as active or vocal on social media as Kanter. It kind of gives the impression that Kanter cares more about that, rather than improving his craft. I think this is not the truth though. He has been working all summer like a lot of the other Knicks and if you actually looked at his retweets from videos others posted about him, you'd know that.

B I think the problem is that he's not really a game changing center and so his "recruiting tweets" are for naught. Most players are not paying attention to it, but Enes does not care. He's primarily on it because he likes it. I'd rather him have that as a "bad habit" than playing Fortnite or other video games for hours on end or eating pizza and drinking coke.

C If the joy he gets out of social media motivates him or puts his mind and energy into a space that makes him feel good about the upcoming season and performing better than last year...I have 0 problems with that.

D It's not for the forum posters here to determine how he should create value in a contract year, it's really for himself because at the end of the day if he doesn't...Perry is not going to give him a long term contract. We will know very soon (2 months maybe?) whether he came ready to play and ready to dominate or not.

E This open letter seems a PJax style attempt to control how a center should behave, how or what a Melo should say or do. The FO has positioned themselves quite well, so where's the harm in his social media indulgences?

People don't pay that much attention to his tweets in the NBA anyway, which will continue unless he becomes a dominating C this season. And if he doesn't he's out of here. You think he doesn't know that?

A This is correct.
B I also agree with this.
C Also, agree with this.
D Now I disagree.

Cartman718 wrote: It's not for the forum posters here to determine how he should create value in a contract year, it's really for himself because at the end of the day if he doesn't...Perry is not going to give him a long term contract. We will know very soon (2 months maybe?) whether he came ready to play and ready to dominate or not.
I am not assuming the position of the authority on value, I am posting my opinion of his value and what I think would create more value on a Knicks chatboard. Assume for all my arguments posted on a Knicks chatboard that I have the right, even the authority to make that post. When it comes to actual business decisions, he and his Agent should make the decisions for themselves how to maximize his SALARY, not necessarily his VALUE. But as a fan, I want to maximize his VALUE to the team.
E I'm not certain a post on a chatboard has the ability to control anything other my attention for the last twenty minutes. As a fan, I love what the front office is doing. I'd like to see them in charge of the free agent recruitment, not Mr. Kanter. I don't have the ability to stop him from tweeting his thoughts. Or picking stupid fights with guys like Lebron (I thought Lebron's feelings about DSJ vs Ntlikina were reasonable, but believe Ntlikina has more upside in future years based on his physical presence). As a fan, I'd prefer that Kanter not do that stuff. My opinion. I don't really expect Kanter to read this and respond meaningfully. I am posting it here to talk as a discussion thread with you losers

This is the Randle.
Welpee

9/26/2018  1:56 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Welpee wrote: A) Essentially what you're saying is you have prototype player that you favor. Kanter doesn't fit that prototype so you have a problem with him. My issue is this, what's the difference between Kanter and Hardaway? So just because Kanter has a quirky personality you felt a need to create this thread about him?

B You seem to forget Kanter dropped a ton of weight last off season and re-built his body. So if you haven't heard about his work ethic you're purposely not trying. You don't remember all the Kanter workout videos that were circulating? Frank has only really been here one off-season and you're already in love with him without even seeing the end result on the court?

C And you make it seem like Kanter is stealing money posting a double/double at $18m? Look at some of the vets in his contract range. I have no problem with his production relative to his contract.

D I'm sure Udonis Haslem is a good dude and well liked by the Heat but you would have to go back 10 years to even consider taking Haslem over 2017-18 Kanter. Again, I would rather have Kanter be himself than try to be somebody he's not. If he's not hurting anyone I have no desire to want to micromanage a person's personality and want them to be like somebody else. Heck, why not insist on him (and everybody else) being like David Robinson?

E Just be yourself.

ACorrect. Kind of. I think you missed my value argument for the most part. I think two or three posts ago (back in July of 2017 -- I do not post that often), I wrote a scathing review of the Tim Hardaway, Jr.'s contract signing. I don't need to cross up arguments about Enes and Timmy. But if you asked me to pick the three worst contracts on the Knicks, its Noah, Kanter and Hardaway, Jr. Separating like or dislike for the player, some guys have good value (any productive player still on their rookie scale contract) and others have bad value (pretty much any veteran role player on anything other than a vet minimum contract). So, my point is based on his present value, I don't think he should be representing the future of the Knicks on social media. And yes, I created a thread about that.

EwingsGlass wrote: Every few weeks I read an article about who you are recruiting, who you are insulting or some other social media fodder having to do with you. It has been a while since I read an article about you working hard, studying tape or practicing footwork.
I said it's been a while - not there are no articles in existence. But, yes, I prefer the strong silent types. I am not looking for Kanter to be the face of this franchise. I don't like him recruiting Lebron James. Because at his value, I don't expect him to be part of the team. This is a personal opinion you can contest outright. "Yes, I like when Enes antagonizes Lebron James and then challenging him to play here". "I think Enes is a fine representative of the Knicks that should be the person reaching out to Kevin Durant about his impending free agency". I don't like that.

Now, Frank is 20 year old on a rookie scale contract with great body dimensions, a commitment to defense and a lot of upside. He is a project. But he has good value. If you offered me another Ntlikina-type for Kanter (maybe not at the same roster spot -- see my roster spot / minutes limitation), I'd likely make that transaction in a NY minute (not me of course).

C Not stealing. Overpaid. He probably thinks so too. That's why he exercised the option instead of testing the market.

D I proposed Haslem as a role model not as a roster replacement. But if a straight up deal were made and I could cut that salary, I'd make that trade yesterday (again, not me personally). Use the words "dollar for dollar" in front of pretty much anything I write when making roster decisions.

E Unless you can be Batman. Then, be Batman. Seriously, I think you misunderstand that sentence/slogan. By your usage, it validates bad behavior also. Still a crack addict? "Just be yourself". Don't throw strikes? "Just be yourself". You might substitute the phrase "be the best 'you' you can be." Work harder. I want the NY Knicks to be known for how hard they work, not for any off the court drama. That's my opinion.

Here's the thing, it's not for YOU to determine how somebody else can be the best they can be. YOU have no idea how hard Kanter is working. You're passing judgement about somebody's work ethic with little to nothing to back it up. If Kanter showed up 15 lbs overweight, you'd have something. If he came to camp looking flabby, you'd have something. None of that is the case with Kanter.

You seem to have an issue with the phase "be yourself" as if it's a bad thing. Did you not read the part where I said "if you're not hurting anyone?" Or are you saying EwingsGlass determines who people should be like? Who has determined who EwingsGlass should be like? Maybe somebody thinks you should be more like GustavBahler?

To direct this back to hoops, Kanter biggest problem is he's an old school center in a new school game. Yet you act like he's not good defensively because he doesn't work hard enough. Not everyone can be great defensively. The Kanter I saw last year tried defensively. He got in shape, lost a ton of weight and wasn't the huge liability defensively as advertised. No, I wasn't good defensively but it wasn't due to lack of effort. Mainly he doesn't have the foot speed to keep up with new era bigs. Not to mention, he played for a coach who didn't put much emphasis on defense. We'll see what happens under Fizdale. But it's a fantasy to think all a player has to do is work harder and he'll be a great defender.

Again, you have no idea how hard Kanter is working.

EwingsGlass
USA
9/26/2018  1:59 PM
Welpee wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

E Just be yourself.

Here's the thing, it's not for YOU to determine how somebody else can be the best they can be. YOU have no idea how hard Kanter is working. You're passing judgement about somebody's work ethic with little to nothing to back it up. If Kanter showed up 15 lbs overweight, you'd have something. If he came to camp looking flabby, you'd have something. None of that is the case with Kanter.

You seem to have an issue with the phase "be yourself" as if it's a bad thing. Did you not read the part where I said "if you're not hurting anyone?" Or are you saying EwingsGlass determines who people should be like? Who has determined who EwingsGlass should be like? Maybe somebody thinks you should be more like GustavBahler?

To direct this back to hoops, Kanter biggest problem is he's an old school center in a new school game. Yet you act like he's not good defensively because he doesn't work hard enough. Not everyone can be great defensively. The Kanter I saw last year tried defensively. He got in shape, lost a ton of weight and wasn't the huge liability defensively as advertised. No, I wasn't good defensively but it wasn't due to lack of effort. Mainly he doesn't have the foot speed to keep up with new era bigs. Not to mention, he played for a coach who didn't put much emphasis on defense. We'll see what happens under Fizdale. But it's a fantasy to think all a player has to do is work harder and he'll be a great defender.

Enes, is that you?

This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/26/2018  2:26 PM
If Enes is successful recruiting one of these big-time max guys, then it's good news. It means Enes won't be here,or he will be here at a reduced price. What fan wouldn't be down for that?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

9/26/2018  4:37 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:If Enes is successful recruiting one of these big-time max guys, then it's good news. It means Enes won't be here,or he will be here at a reduced price. What fan wouldn't be down for that?

Big time FAs don't come to teams because a guy like Kanter recruits them. They come when KD or LBJ recruit them. Otherwise, it's about the $$$ and opportunity for a chip, with a slight nod (in some cases) to the market.

EwingsGlass
USA
9/26/2018  5:37 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Welpee wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

E Just be yourself.

Enes, is that you?

Jokes aside, are you morally opposed to me posting an opinion on a chatboard that you don't agree with? It is for me to determine how I feel about anything and everything in this world. Since my Knick fandom has led me to the catharsis of writing my feelings in the form of an internet post, I consider that a healthy expression of my feelings (much like you are defending Kanter's expression of his personality).

Except, I am not a public persona. My words carry very little weight beyond the folks here that read it. Enes is a public persona. He has willingly submitted himself to the scrutiny of the public by taking a public media presence. Because of that, I have the absolute and unfettered right to compare him to other players, make judgments about his behaviour, and decide whether I like his contract or not based on impartial or even incorrect information. You can try and convince me that my information is wrong, but not that I have the right to have that opinion.

Next, I didn't speak about his work ethic, I spoke about his media presence and how it portrays his work ethic. I said there are more posts about nonsense than about his work ethic. As a fan, I don't like that and would change that. I do believe anything in this world can be accomplished with hard work. I also think his physical specimen is such that he has the capacity to be a top notch defender. I'm not asking him to grow twelve inches.

None of this should be personally insulting. If someone thought my posts should be more like Gustav Bahler's, I'd respect that. Doesn't mean I am going to change. Or that I have to change. I can process that opinion with the other 4 opinions out there about me and be okay with that. But if I wanted that person to like me more, I might try and follow Gustav's writing style.

But me? I'm just writing about the NY Knicks.

This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/26/2018  6:09 PM
Moonangie wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:If Enes is successful recruiting one of these big-time max guys, then it's good news. It means Enes won't be here,or he will be here at a reduced price. What fan wouldn't be down for that?

Big time FAs don't come to teams because a guy like Kanter recruits them. They come when KD or LBJ recruit them. Otherwise, it's about the $$$ and opportunity for a chip, with a slight nod (in some cases) to the market.

I said if lol Let him keep it up. You never know. If he's successful, it likely means he ain't coming back lol Let him talk. It's not really a distraction.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/26/2018  6:10 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Welpee wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

E Just be yourself.

Enes, is that you?

Jokes aside, are you morally opposed to me posting an opinion on a chatboard that you don't agree with? It is for me to determine how I feel about anything and everything in this world. Since my Knick fandom has led me to the catharsis of writing my feelings in the form of an internet post, I consider that a healthy expression of my feelings (much like you are defending Kanter's expression of his personality).

Except, I am not a public persona. My words carry very little weight beyond the folks here that read it. Enes is a public persona. He has willingly submitted himself to the scrutiny of the public by taking a public media presence. Because of that, I have the absolute and unfettered right to compare him to other players, make judgments about his behaviour, and decide whether I like his contract or not based on impartial or even incorrect information. You can try and convince me that my information is wrong, but not that I have the right to have that opinion.

Next, I didn't speak about his work ethic, I spoke about his media presence and how it portrays his work ethic. I said there are more posts about nonsense than about his work ethic. As a fan, I don't like that and would change that. I do believe anything in this world can be accomplished with hard work. I also think his physical specimen is such that he has the capacity to be a top notch defender. I'm not asking him to grow twelve inches.

None of this should be personally insulting. If someone thought my posts should be more like Gustav Bahler's, I'd respect that. Doesn't mean I am going to change. Or that I have to change. I can process that opinion with the other 4 opinions out there about me and be okay with that. But if I wanted that person to like me more, I might try and follow Gustav's writing style.

But me? I'm just writing about the NY Knicks.

Not sure why you dragged my screen name into this drama, not once, but twice.

Not to mention the backhanded remark about my writing style. I see nothing in what you just did worth emulating.

Dear Enes Kanter,

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy