[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Opening night and the feeling is right!
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

10/16/2018  12:07 PM
Martin, was BRIGGS banned?
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/16/2018  12:09 PM
With that list then I see the starting 5 as...

Frank, THJr, Knox, Thomas, Kanter

10 man rotation bench - Burke, Baker, Vonleh, Robinson, Hezonja

I think Baker is ahead of Trier for now because of the intangibles that Baker gives.

Clean
Member: #743
10/16/2018  1:53 PM
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/16/2018  1:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/16/2018  2:00 PM
Clean wrote:

Glad to hear Knox is coming off the bench. Sitting next to a vet, a coach. Someone to point out what to notice, before Knox gets on the court, is a good thing. For a while. Less pressure on Knox as well.

GustavBahler

10/16/2018  2:15 PM
reub wrote:Martin, was BRIGGS banned?

Briggs took a bath on Webistics, tough times.

Gudris
Member: #6213

10/16/2018  2:21 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Clean wrote:

Glad to hear Knox is coming off the bench. Sitting next to a vet, a coach. Someone to point out what to notice, before Knox gets on the court, is a good thing. For a while. Less pressure on Knox as well.

agree, he is not ready to start yet, after all star break if he shows he can be consistent
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/16/2018  3:00 PM
frank starting over knox and lee. burke starting as well. who will help on frank's man when frank helps burke on D? hawks have double digit scorers at every position, and their most potent is taurean prince...frank's man. can't leave him open.

hopefully fiz is telling frank...dont help on trae.
and hopefully fiz is telling burke...you get burned on D repeatedly...i am pulling you.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/16/2018  3:08 PM
Cartman718 wrote:frank starting over knox and lee. burke starting as well. who will help on frank's man when frank helps burke on D? hawks have double digit scorers at every position, and their most potent is taurean prince...frank's man. can't leave him open.

and hopefully fiz is telling burke...you get burned on D repeatedly...i am pulling you.

Just for clarity: Lee is being held back a few games

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718

10/16/2018  3:13 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:frank starting over knox and lee. burke starting as well. who will help on frank's man when frank helps burke on D? hawks have double digit scorers at every position, and their most potent is taurean prince...frank's man. can't leave him open.

the neck injury still??

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/16/2018  3:32 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Clean wrote:

Fishmike, he got this

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GustavBahler

10/16/2018  3:48 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Clean wrote:

Fishmike, he got this

He wants Knox to start?

martin
USA
10/16/2018  3:59 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:

the neck injury still??

I think he just had his first practice and they just want to make sure he's 100%

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/16/2018  4:53 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Clean wrote:

Fishmike, he got this

He wants Knox to start?

No.. I said Frank/Lance should start at the forwards to help cover for Burke/Enes who are our best offensive players along with THJr. I think this is good and our best lineup. I love the Frank's play pushed the right buttons and I hope even more Frank steps up and kills it.

I expect to see Frank guard Young a lot and Burke to switch off to Bazemore. We will see. The biggest offensive threat is Young's passing. It should be fun though! Obviously I am a Frank fan/believer and I love to see his defense used like a weapon. Let see how Fiz works this.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/16/2018  5:44 PM
Gudris wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Clean wrote:

agree, he is not ready to start yet, after all star break if he shows he can be consistent
Agreed. Absolutely no rush. By the all star break kevin a mitch will be playing a good amount.
GustavBahler

10/16/2018  5:50 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Clean wrote:

Fishmike, he got this

He wants Knox to start?

No.. I said Frank/Lance should start at the forwards to help cover for Burke/Enes who are our best offensive players along with THJr. I think this is good and our best lineup. I love the Frank's play pushed the right buttons and I hope even more Frank steps up and kills it.

I expect to see Frank guard Young a lot and Burke to switch off to Bazemore. We will see. The biggest offensive threat is Young's passing. It should be fun though! Obviously I am a Frank fan/believer and I love to see his defense used like a weapon. Let see how Fiz works this.

Good call. At the same time some of us have been saying that Frank is better suited off the ball (until proven otherwise) since he first suited up. So Im taking partial credit, heh heh.

I had no idea who Fizdale was going to start. Just knew that Knox should sit, even when he was tearing up the SL.

martin
USA
10/16/2018  8:22 PM
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/16/2018  8:46 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Clean wrote:

Fishmike, he got this

He wants Knox to start?

He predicted the correct starting five, mostly for the correct reasons. Credit where due.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/17/2018  11:42 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Clean wrote:

Fishmike, he got this

He wants Knox to start?

Good call. At the same time some of us have been saying that Frank is better suited off the ball (until proven otherwise) since he first suited up. So Im taking partial credit, heh heh.

I had no idea who Fizdale was going to start. Just knew that Knox should sit, even when he was tearing up the SL.

Well see... Frank's highest ceiling is at PG. I mean an all NBA defensive player who plays the PG spot and can defend 1-4? Thats the hope. Right now I like playing him off the ball. Its like putting another PG next to a scoring PG to get him more easy scoring. Its just about taking advantage of your roster's skills and getting your young players time. Frank is a great defender TODAY. So playing him off the ball lets Fiz use this, lets FRank do what he does best and doesnt burden him with the responsibility of running the team.

Like you though I just want to see these guys out there and getting better. I love putting Frank at the 3 and using him to attack other players on defense.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718

10/17/2018  5:31 PM
https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2018/10/17/17977750/game-day-preview-knicks-vs-hawks-10-17-19

This is what I am talking about with regards to Burke getting pulled early if he doesn't play D.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/17/2018  5:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2018  5:49 PM
Two pages long and no Natasha pics? I at least expected Martin to do his usual stalking,er, I mean investigative work and get Rebecca up. I guess the board is in tank mode....

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Game Thread: Opening night and the feeling is right!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy