[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The New York Knicks will sign Tyrius Walker to an Exhibit 10 deal, according to his agent.
Author Thread
NotInMyHouse
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6433

9/20/2018  4:33 AM
Saw this on the front page. Nice to see. Averaged 23 ppg last year (Senior year at Morehouse). Probably goes overseas though.

https://dailyknicks.com/2018/09/19/new-york-knicks-tyrius-walker-sign-exhibit-10-deal/
(Quoted but no internal links)

The New York Knicks will sign Tyrius Walker to an Exhibit 10 deal, according to his agent.
The New York Knicks had 19 players on their roster; one short of the 20 maximum for training camp, including those on two-way contracts. Teams can have up to 15 players on their opening-night squads.

On Wednesday, New York added a 20th player to their roster, Tyrius Walker, who went undrafted in June. His agent announced the news on Twitter and ESPN’s Ian Begley confirmed it.

Exhibit 10 contracts were created in an update to the NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement and went into place before the 2017-18 season. According to ESPN (Insider subscription needed), players who take this type of deal receive up to a $50,000 bonus if he signs with the organization’s G League team, but if he’s waived by the parent club.

Exhibit 10 players can also turn into two-way contracts but by the start of the regular season.

This may signal Walker’s eventual release after training camp, so he can join the Westchester Knicks for the 2018-19 G League season. However, New York can also remove the two-way tag from Isaiah Hicks or Allonzo Trier and make the Morehouse product available to play on the main roster for up to 45 days.

Walker’s Exhibit 10 deal comes after his showing at July’s summer league for the Knicks. In Las Vegas, he averaged 6.3 points, 1.7 rebounds, 2 assists and 1.7 steals in 11.3 minutes per game.

In July, The Undefeated’s C. Isaiah Smalls II profiled Walker’s journey to the summer league, which included nearly quitting basketball, partially due to the departure of the Jacksonville State head coach that recruited him. However, a Morehouse coach paid a visit, told him “Don’t give up,” and it went from there.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/20/2018  12:03 PM
To be honest, Walker impressed more in summer league than Trier. He hustled and had a clue about organizing an offense. That said, I'm not sure about his long-term value as a prospect. He doesn't have great size and isn't an elite athlete. Still, I like the kid and will be rooting for him.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NotInMyHouse
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6433

9/21/2018  9:55 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:To be honest, Walker impressed more in summer league than Trier. He hustled and had a clue about organizing an offense. That said, I'm not sure about his long-term value as a prospect. He doesn't have great size and isn't an elite athlete. Still, I like the kid and will be rooting for him.

Trier has those NBA measurables in the way of talent and scoring. He needs work with his passing. I don't remember Walker much, so can't comment (but I wasn't overly impressed with Trier.)
I do think Trier is an NBA talent, maybe Walker can be a good backup in how he can run a team. Will take a lot of time to see.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy