Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

10/12/2018  11:03 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:To add to what the Craptor fan said:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24950981/jimmy-butler-heated-practice-timberwolves%3fplatform=amp

Basically Jimmy took the worst players on his team and went up against the best, besides him. He whiped the floor of them and talked trash about how the Wolves need him in order to be good. He’s essentially right but just being a loudmouthed and unhumbled douchebag about it.

Not sure wbat to make of this. It’s not like this is Marbury or even Melo. Just losing players. This is a player that makes his team much better.

the guy plays best w a chip on his shoulder and it's a BIG chip right now. too cool for school wiggins got paid; not sure about the depth of his beef with Towns but upset with him too (new mega millionaire)

So rather than just talk (too much and too public IMO) he whips their butt. This is exactly the kind of competitiveness a team needs. Having said that the attitude is too much; he's too old for our timeline etc. But some team will benefit and it won't be the wolves

Just because you have a point doesn't mean that you are right.

Several former Lions players threw young QB Joey Harrington under the bus in the press. Harrington was not, nor ever, a good starting QB in the NFL. They had a point, he wasn't good and it was hurting the team. But saying it in public and creating discord for their team wasn't "right" for the team or their teammates.

Butler has a point. Most of his team didn't play hard. It's one thing to lose, it's another to just dog it. But dragging this all in the press isn't right.

I feel the same way about Poppovich, who has said some political stuff in the press. While he might have a point in some cases, it's not right to create a distraction point for your team.

But to be fair to Butler, basically a form of social terrorism on his own team might be the only way into KAT's thick skull.

It might work, but it's not actual leadership. It's more like Butler and KAT are in prison and Butler is channeling his inner Adebisi/Schillinger and wants KAT to hold the pocket of his chinos.

I'm actually agreeing with you. I should have been clearer with my parenthetical when I was trying to express Butler is (a) talking too much and (b) definitely so in public. Let his play do the talking

if in practice he's whipping butt of the other "stars" when he's paired with the b-team, that should speak volumes to them. If it doesn't, then mgmt. should know they paid the big money to the wrong people

As a whole I wish the athletes would keep all the drama in-house. they can talk about **** in their memoirs long after they retire. (BTW this goes to KP too -- everyone)

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/12/2018  11:07 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Chandler wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24950981/jimmy-butler-heated-practice-timberwolves%3fplatform=amp

Basically Jimmy took the worst players on his team and went up against the best, besides him. He whiped the floor of them and talked trash about how the Wolves need him in order to be good. He’s essentially right but just being a loudmouthed and unhumbled douchebag about it.

Not sure wbat to make of this. It’s not like this is Marbury or even Melo. Just losing players. This is a player that makes his team much better.

the guy plays best w a chip on his shoulder and it's a BIG chip right now. too cool for school wiggins got paid; not sure about the depth of his beef with Towns but upset with him too (new mega millionaire)

So rather than just talk (too much and too public IMO) he whips their butt. This is exactly the kind of competitiveness a team needs. Having said that the attitude is too much; he's too old for our timeline etc. But some team will benefit and it won't be the wolves

Several former Lions players threw young QB Joey Harrington under the bus in the press. Harrington was not, nor ever, a good starting QB in the NFL. They had a point, he wasn't good and it was hurting the team. But saying it in public and creating discord for their team wasn't "right" for the team or their teammates.

Butler has a point. Most of his team didn't play hard. It's one thing to lose, it's another to just dog it. But dragging this all in the press isn't right.

I feel the same way about Poppovich, who has said some political stuff in the press. While he might have a point in some cases, it's not right to create a distraction point for your team.

But to be fair to Butler, basically a form of social terrorism on his own team might be the only way into KAT's thick skull.

It might work, but it's not actual leadership. It's more like Butler and KAT are in prison and Butler is channeling his inner Adebisi/Schillinger and wants KAT to hold the pocket of his chinos.

Don't agree with your premise I don't see any evidence of what he did or didn't do before going public with his accusations. Without knowing more it's almost impossible to say whether what he did was right or wrong. I think the more people to speak up about the entrenched culture of coddling all these so-called stars in the NBA, the better it will be for the game.

butler has always had the John Wall-esque bad leaderships skills. Leadership is frustrating and requires patience. Sometimes the other guys need a pat on the back; sometimes they need a kick in the butt. But these public displays are too personal and toxic -- there is no way to salvage that relationship now. (Same with Phil whne he went public with Melo -- which based on no evidence whatsoever I think he did because public discussions to pass the ball, get on board with the team plan etc, fell flat -- so that was the only way left to get Melo out or to place blame properly)

(5)(5)
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/12/2018  6:47 PM
Chandler wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Don't agree with your premise I don't see any evidence of what he did or didn't do before going public with his accusations. Without knowing more it's almost impossible to say whether what he did was right or wrong. I think the more people to speak up about the entrenched culture of coddling all these so-called stars in the NBA, the better it will be for the game.

butler has always had the John Wall-esque bad leaderships skills. Leadership is frustrating and requires patience. Sometimes the other guys need a pat on the back; sometimes they need a kick in the butt. But these public displays are too personal and toxic -- there is no way to salvage that relationship now. (Same with Phil whne he went public with Melo -- which based on no evidence whatsoever I think he did because public discussions to pass the ball, get on board with the team plan etc, fell flat -- so that was the only way left to get Melo out or to place blame properly)

Butler mau not be a great leader or a good one. Never said he was.
Toxic situations aren't built one sided, it stays with the coaching. At the very least Burkett had extreme competitive drive and hates to lose. A good coach would channel that into a positive attribute by making it into an example for other people to follow. A weak coach/ management lets a less accomplished player dictate terms and forces this passion to turn toxic.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/13/2018  2:12 PM
Thibs was seen as a strong coach. he wanted Butler and butler wanted him.
Not sure if where butler lands he is going to have his legions of hardened "Spartans" as tough as he is.
He didn't in Chicago, and didn't in Minny. Or is this about money?
Minny paid a hefty price to get him and Im assuming he was amicable to the deal so its kind of a bad move on him. Is this who you want to trade for and give a max deal to? Miami seemed to be getting a bargain, then they didn't. Who leaked that news? Did it really happen or did Riles leak it to put pressure on Minny to make any deal with them?
Really very interesting development here. Butler is putting a hurt on Minny. Owner Glen Taylor got another mess on his hands.
Seemed all ok when Flip came back and the team got its act together for a while. This is on the owner. THis is on Butler.
They have a mess.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/13/2018  4:56 PM
Nalod wrote:Thibs was seen as a strong coach. he wanted Butler and butler wanted him.
Not sure if where butler lands he is going to have his legions of hardened "Spartans" as tough as he is.
He didn't in Chicago, and didn't in Minny. Or is this about money?
Minny paid a hefty price to get him and Im assuming he was amicable to the deal so its kind of a bad move on him. Is this who you want to trade for and give a max deal to? Miami seemed to be getting a bargain, then they didn't. Who leaked that news? Did it really happen or did Riles leak it to put pressure on Minny to make any deal with them?
Really very interesting development here. Butler is putting a hurt on Minny. Owner Glen Taylor got another mess on his hands.
Seemed all ok when Flip came back and the team got its act together for a while. This is on the owner. THis is on Butler.
They have a mess.
Its about money. That is all it is about. He turned down the four year extension they offered him.
Riles didn't leak anything and he isn't going to burn bridges communicating with other execs.

This is all on Butler. He is under contract and is being paid very well to play for the Wolves. Hwants a 5 year max deal.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
OT: Jimmy Butler requests trade

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy