[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Article on the option of buying out and stretching a contract to make the cap hit less
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/6/2018  10:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/6/2018  10:55 PM
Dunc'd on podcast today talked about how the lakers had leverage with Deng because he wanted to play and have playing time. That was why he gave so much back. The Knicks want to buyout Noah just not at full price. Sick of this guy. Either his agent has found no takers for Noah as a free agent or he is just trying to get all of his money plus whatever he gets on his next deal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
USA
9/6/2018  11:04 PM

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/7/2018  8:59 AM
I think this season is all about development. I would attempt to rehab his play and value. Maybe you end up stretching him anyway but I wouldn't mind him getting 8th man minutes
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/7/2018  9:28 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
brade07
Member: #7541
Australia
9/7/2018  4:47 PM
I'm pleased we haven't bought him out yet. Assume that means we're still trying to either trade or negotiate the buyout.

Waiting sends a message to interested teams (T-Wolves) they can't just wait to pick him up for the vets minimum.

https://dailyknicks.com/2018/09/07/new-york-knicks-joakim-noah-trade-odds/

Unlikely, but the Anderson trade gives us some hope.

CrushAlot
USA
9/7/2018  11:55 PM
brade07 wrote:I'm pleased we haven't bought him out yet. Assume that means we're still trying to either trade or negotiate the buyout.

Waiting sends a message to interested teams (T-Wolves) they can't just wait to pick him up for the vets minimum.

https://dailyknicks.com/2018/09/07/new-york-knicks-joakim-noah-trade-odds/

Unlikely, but the Anderson trade gives us some hope.

Ouch. That article is full of spelling and grammar mistakes. Maybe it is time to bump Daily Knicks for The Knicks Wall?
I don't think there is anyway to trade Noah. The Knick version of that trade would be sending out Mitchell Robinson with Noah. Also, Anderson is still a relatively good player with a really bad contract. Noah is a really bad player at this point with a really bad contract.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

9/10/2018  3:22 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/10/2018  4:04 PM
I guess they will just keep him home until he gives in to a buyout.

They figure, you can either take 80% of your remaining salary and go play for the Timberbulls, or sit at home for another 2 seasons.

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/11/2018  10:41 PM
Where is it written TimberBulls want him?
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

9/12/2018  12:16 AM
knicks1248 wrote:I guess they will just keep him home until he gives in to a buyout.

They figure, you can either take 80% of your remaining salary and go play for the Timberbulls, or sit at home for another 2 seasons.

You've said variations of this while Melo was on the roster. What in the entire world are you talking about?

You can't just send a guy packing because he won't do a buyout against specific terms or waive his no trade clause. You can suspend a player but the actual parameters of that are very limited ( As long as the guy shows up and suits up and show up to mandated media time, league commitments and contracted non game team commitments, you can't touch the player)

You've said different versions of this like 15-20 times in the last two years. Feel free to explain the legality of this. Also how it would survive the court of public opinion.

With Brandon Knight and Luol Deng cleared out, all options are pretty much exhausted. The last is likely John Wall. Wizards would take in Noah plus young assets/draft assets for Wall. They badly want out of that contract.

knicks1248
9/12/2018  1:02 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:I guess they will just keep him home until he gives in to a buyout.

You've said variations of this while Melo was on the roster. What in the entire world are you talking about?

You can't just send a guy packing because he won't do a buyout against specific terms or waive his no trade clause. You can suspend a player but the actual parameters of that are very limited ( As long as the guy shows up and suits up and show up to mandated media time, league commitments and contracted non game team commitments, you can't touch the player)

You've said different versions of this like 15-20 times in the last two years. Feel free to explain the legality of this. Also how it would survive the court of public opinion.

With Brandon Knight and Luol Deng cleared out, all options are pretty much exhausted. The last is likely John Wall. Wizards would take in Noah plus young assets/draft assets for Wall. They badly want out of that contract.

15 mins ago – via Twitter TheSteinLine
Marc Stein: Even the Wolves acknowledge hearing the “Timberbulls” chatter … but word is they have no current plans to pursue Joakim Noah should Noah part ways with the Knicks in the near future as expected

The Knicks can do whatever they want with the players on their roster, it's up to noah to make a decision on what he wants to do. I don't care if he's in the best shape of his life. If management feels he's a detriment to the locker romm, or if he s going to complain about rookies getting PT ahead of him, then that poses a propblem.

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/13/2018  6:26 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Marc Stein: Even the Wolves acknowledge hearing the “Timberbulls” chatter … but word is they have no current plans to pursue Joakim Noah should Noah part ways with the Knicks in the near future as expected

The Knicks can do whatever they want with the players on their roster, it's up to noah to make a decision on what he wants to do. I don't care if he's in the best shape of his life. If management feels he's a detriment to the locker romm, or if he s going to complain about rookies getting PT ahead of him, then that poses a propblem.

Knicks only can do what contract and CBA stipulates.
Will Noah actually play or not is up to coach.
And if Noah will sit it is up to him to start the war or not.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
USA
9/13/2018  7:54 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

According to Begley, they can't force him to stay away. This is from last February.
Right now, no one is technically at fault since they have mutually agreed to stay apart. But if Jo wants to return to the team, Knicks can’t force him to stay away. That would violate CBA. I’d expect NBPA to weigh in/investigate what actually happened if Jo’s here after 3/1

— Ian Begley (@IanBegley) February 26, 2018

knicks1248
9/14/2018  1:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

According to Begley, they can't force him to stay away. This is from last February.
Right now, no one is technically at fault since they have mutually agreed to stay apart. But if Jo wants to return to the team, Knicks can’t force him to stay away. That would violate CBA. I’d expect NBPA to weigh in/investigate what actually happened if Jo’s here after 3/1

Interseting

well in todays news

ES
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/14/2018  4:03 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Interseting

well in todays news

This was the most possible solution and this is what will happen.
If all will go as planned this stretched money will be so called "Dolan never was refusing to pay big $$$ in luxury tax".

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
USA
9/15/2018  11:48 AM
Article on the option of buying out and stretching a contract to make the cap hit less

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy