[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tank for Zion?
Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/28/2018  9:11 AM
dacash wrote:OK once again, whats his position? we have kp at the four, knox at the sf, robinson at the center and frankie at the pg only position open seems to be the sg, is that what he is? or could be?

interesting. we're not considering thjr to have nailed down the sg spot?

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/28/2018  10:19 AM
Marv wrote:
dacash wrote:OK once again, whats his position? we have kp at the four, knox at the sf, robinson at the center and frankie at the pg only position open seems to be the sg, is that what he is? or could be?

interesting. we're not considering thjr to have nailed down the sg spot?

At the end of the day THJ is still a mid-tier SG. Can't say he won't get better, but his production to date doesn't warrant and untouchable status. My opinion could change if he puts up 20 a game at a decent efficiency.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

8/28/2018  10:23 AM
TheGame wrote:The Knicks are doing tanking the right way. You get rid of most of your vets and then you play young guys and focus on development. The players and coaches are going to try to win every game but if we are playing our young guys tanking will occur naturally. I think they are going to delay KP's return until late January, so I think we probably win about 30-34 games. Unfortunately, our team has too much talent to finish in the bottom 3.

Remember, all we really need to finish at is the bottom with the new lottery odds. 30-34 games will be tough considering our youth.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ankurk
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6075

8/28/2018  10:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/28/2018  10:37 AM

Yes he's bulky but his height matches him up with the SG's. I said SG for the sake of filling the 5 star starting spots but the NBA now is truly interchangable with PF's like giannis and ben simmons playing PG. You put out the best 5 that you think can win the game.
Watching videos of Zion it seems like he has quickness to him and can create off the dribble for himself.
I see zion as someone that will be able to play bully ball as a sg and have a post game - one that many SG's wont be able to guard. He has the athleticism and quickness to keep up with others at the position. We already have enough defense with frank, mitchell, and KP and on offense Zion becomes the third option after KP and Knox.

I truly think he can keep up with SG/SF's in this league. I also can see him becoming a shorter center with a motor like Draymond.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/28/2018  11:08 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:Body type of Barkley, hope he can keep the weight down to protect against injury

didnt even look at the video and just looking at the image preview, exactly what i thought

But his footowrk thr traffic has more John Stockton in it than Barkley. He is massive though, but has better than expected hops.
The Zionist regime is about to take hold of Krzyzewskiville

He is 6'7 285, Do you know how many players in the NBA right now are heavier than 285? Im guessing not that many. I don't know about you guys but his body type scares the crap out of me. If he isn't 100% dedicated to eating properly dude will balloon to over 300 pounds.

He has already lost 10lbs and I would expect that to continue, especially at Duke and with increased exposure to trainers, etc.

And he would be the second heaviest in the NBA, read that some place (Boban is tops).

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/28/2018  11:49 AM
Jeeezzz...I thought this thread was about Judaism.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BigDaddyG

8/28/2018  12:08 PM
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:Body type of Barkley, hope he can keep the weight down to protect against injury

didnt even look at the video and just looking at the image preview, exactly what i thought

But his footowrk thr traffic has more John Stockton in it than Barkley. He is massive though, but has better than expected hops.

He is 6'7 285, Do you know how many players in the NBA right now are heavier than 285? Im guessing not that many. I don't know about you guys but his body type scares the crap out of me. If he isn't 100% dedicated to eating properly dude will balloon to over 300 pounds.

He has already lost 10lbs and I would expect that to continue, especially at Duke and with increased exposure to trainers, etc.

And he would be the second heaviest in the NBA, read that some place (Boban is tops).

The 10 lbs thing was just a rumor that was put out earlier this summer. I'm looking at new reports that say he actually gained 10 lbs. That said, he look fatter. The little cephalic vein pumping in his bicep looked a little more pronounced and he doesn't look a step slow. It doesn't look like he just ate the weight on. It looks like Duke's training staff has been hands on. It's too early to tell. I don't think he's Robert "Tractor Trailer" Williams tho.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/28/2018  12:40 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

The 10 lbs thing was just a rumor that was put out earlier this summer. I'm looking at new reports that say he actually gained 10 lbs. That said, he look fatter. The little cephalic vein pumping in his bicep looked a little more pronounced and he doesn't look a step slow. It doesn't look like he just ate the weight on. It looks like Duke's training staff has been hands on. It's too early to tell. I don't think he's Robert "Tractor Trailer" Williams tho.

Michael Damien Sweetney is an American professional basketball player who last played for Urunday Universitario of the Liga Uruguaya de Basketball. Wikipedia
Born: October 25, 1982 (age 35 years), Washington, D.C.
Weight: 295 lbs
Height: 6′ 8″

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/28/2018  1:07 PM
Yeah, whenever I hear someone say an athlete has “baby fat” I just hear fat. That’s just a silly term to sugar coat that the athlete is probably overweight. I just cannot get past a potential professional basketball player being over-weight. For every Kevin Love, there are even more Eddie Currys. I would never consider tanking for an athlete like that. Sorry.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigDaddyG

8/28/2018  2:01 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:

Michael Damien Sweetney is an American professional basketball player who last played for Urunday Universitario of the Liga Uruguaya de Basketball. Wikipedia
Born: October 25, 1982 (age 35 years), Washington, D.C.
Weight: 295 lbs
Height: 6′ 8″

This dude looks nothing like Michael Sweetney in Highschool, College, the NBA, Lithuania or wherever. Elton Brand was 6'8", 260 lbs and nowhere near as athletic as Zion. I agree that a couple of games against a few Canadian college teams isn't enough to anoint him as the second coming. He still has to answer questions about his stamina and outside shot. He's definitely a big at this point of his career. As someone already mentioned, it'd be nice if he hit an outside shot. But it's just as ridiculous to write him off now. The dude is definitely an athletic outlier. C'mon, a 40 inch very at 285 lbs...none of us has seen anything like that. He's a freak.

BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

8/28/2018  2:15 PM
Looks like Draymond Green to me.
QnzKnickerbocker87
Member: #8670

8/28/2018  9:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/28/2018  9:40 PM

KP is not a 4. He's a 5. That is the position best suited for his own individual game and overall team success, hopefully Fizzy can sell him that since he's adverse to playing center

QnzKnickerbocker87
Member: #8670

8/28/2018  9:43 PM
As far as Zion goes, bring him on!!

Guy reminds me of an aerial Julius Randle. Hell yeah I'd tank to get a player like that on the squad!!

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/30/2018  2:52 PM
Anyone else think "Tank for Zion" sounds like the next Indiana Jones movie?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/30/2018  3:00 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Anyone else think "Tank for Zion" sounds like the next Indiana Jones movie?

more like the next Matrix movie. helps that there was an actual character called Tank.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/30/2018  6:10 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Anyone else think "Tank for Zion" sounds like the next Indiana Jones movie?

more like the next Matrix movie. helps that there was an actual character called Tank.

Guess I just dated myself..

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/2/2018  4:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/2/2018  4:33 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Marv wrote:i don't see this a a tank year for us.

The Knicks CAN'T tank. They gave bad/too long contracts to guys like Noah, Hardaway Jr, Thomas and Lee. Those guys are just helpful enough to get the team to the 28-32 win zone. They are also close to untradeable. The most painful part is those guys could have all been avoided. This is not taking in Kanter to dump Melo, where Kanter is a fallout of legacy decision. Noah, Lee, Rose, THJr, Thomas were all self inflicted.

Knicks are also playing in a gutted Eastern Conference, so it's harder to get run over like the bottom of the barrel Western teams.

It would have been as easy as telling Noah and Lee, here's a two year deal with a team option for the 2nd year, a 2/16 type of deal. If you don't want it, then we wish you the best of luck elsewhere. It could have been that simple. Tanking would have made the most sense the day Phil Jackson walked in the door. Hire a real GM. Then trade Melo to start, trade Chandler, JR Smith and Shump and tank and start over. It would have been that simple.

It probably would of happened had the previous regime not traded away the 2014 and 2016 picks. Tough to outright tank when you give another team the draft picks. I think thats why they kept Melo. The Lee move I could deal with but the Noah and Hardaway Jr contracts were just brutal

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Tank for Zion?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy