Cleaning The Glass Article on Trey Burke
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/21/2018  10:56 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
technomaster wrote:
Guys like Steph Curry nor Damien Lillard are off the charts athletic yet they're among the very tops at the PG spot. And yeah, they've been given the green light to shoot whenever they feel like it.

Burke MAY have just unlocked that same type of scoring potential. I'd like to see the Knicks give Burke a shot. The article basically said he was out of this world good as he finished off last season... why not continue his run - with production like that, he definitely wasn't hurting the team.

Maybe. Burke and Curry are exceptional three point shooters, tho. It's unlikely Burke will keep up the pace he had from mid-range last year. Will he be able to adjust and shoot with more frequency and efficiency from three? Will be interesting. He will have plenty of opportunity.

Thats like saying burke was getting better, but it's unlikely he'll continue to get better as if he's currently at his ceiling. The dude has been making those same shots in several street games over the summer.

He's not a streak shooter like THJ or JR smith, but it's funny how some of you have all the faith in the world in frank, but i very little in burke.

ES
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/21/2018  11:12 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
technomaster wrote:
Guys like Steph Curry nor Damien Lillard are off the charts athletic yet they're among the very tops at the PG spot. And yeah, they've been given the green light to shoot whenever they feel like it.

Burke MAY have just unlocked that same type of scoring potential. I'd like to see the Knicks give Burke a shot. The article basically said he was out of this world good as he finished off last season... why not continue his run - with production like that, he definitely wasn't hurting the team.

Maybe. Burke and Curry are exceptional three point shooters, tho. It's unlikely Burke will keep up the pace he had from mid-range last year. Will he be able to adjust and shoot with more frequency and efficiency from three? Will be interesting. He will have plenty of opportunity.

Thats like saying burke was getting better, but it's unlikely he'll continue to get better as if he's currently at his ceiling. The dude has been making those same shots in several street games over the summer.

He's not a streak shooter like THJ or JR smith, but it's funny how some of you have all the faith in the world in frank, but i very little in burke.

Thought Burke played with more poise than I expected. Was expecting a player who was more reckless, from his rep. Agree that Trey has a chance in NY to build on last season. Knew when to dish, and when to get buckets.

Wasnt about going on a hot streak, Burke did a good job running the offense. With Fizdale there, maybe he can take his game to the next level.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/21/2018  12:13 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
technomaster wrote:

No. It's like saying he shot a percentage from the mid-range that many NBA superstars don't sustain. He can get better, but the three point shot will be the key. And c'mon man. You didn't suggest his success on a street ball court is proof that he will succeed on an NBA court? That's good news for Jared Sullinger then.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/21/2018  12:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/21/2018  12:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
technomaster wrote:

What you think is "funny" is really kind of sad.

knicks1248
8/21/2018  1:03 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
technomaster wrote:

No. It's like saying he shot a percentage from the mid-range that many NBA superstars don't sustain. He can get better, but the three point shot will be the key. And c'mon man. You didn't suggest his success on a street ball court is proof that he will succeed on an NBA court? That's good news for Jared Sullinger then.

Yes i do, because it was the same thing people were saying when he was tearing up the G league, about how in wouldn't cross over to the NBA and look what happen. Making shots is all about confidence and mechanics. In his case, he's the first to tell you that his confidence was at a all time low once the jazz gave up on him. I'm telling you now, you are going to be so surprise, the kid is one the rise, and fiz system is ideal for his skill set

ES
Nalod
USA
8/21/2018  5:08 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
technomaster wrote:

Yes i do, because it was the same thing people were saying when he was tearing up the G league, about how in wouldn't cross over to the NBA and look what happen. Making shots is all about confidence and mechanics. In his case, he's the first to tell you that his confidence was at a all time low once the jazz gave up on him. I'm telling you now, you are going to be so surprise, the kid is one the rise, and fiz system is ideal for his skill set

You no doubt went to the Lavar Postell school.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

8/21/2018  5:11 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Yes i do, because it was the same thing people were saying when he was tearing up the G league, about how in wouldn't cross over to the NBA and look what happen. Making shots is all about confidence and mechanics. In his case, he's the first to tell you that his confidence was at a all time low once the jazz gave up on him. I'm telling you now, you are going to be so surprise, the kid is one the rise, and fiz system is ideal for his skill set

Trey Burke has actual NBA experience. He is older than most G Leaguers by a long shot. Many G Leaguers are not even fully physically developed yet. Most have not had the kind of attrition of being a pro basketball player. Of course he would dominate the G League.

It would be like a Division I college basketball 4th year senior going against high school players.

Burke is a low IQ player. He lacks baseline NBA athleticism. He doesn't currently show elite three point range. He is a complete zero on defense. He has not proven he can functionally run a NBA offense full time and be productive. He hasn't shown he can play more than one style of ball ( Me First gunner all the time)

He produced on a team riddled with injury and lack of talent because he was able to push out volume. If you get enough volume( if you chuck it enough) you will produce counting stats. Antwan Jamison is a classic example of a guy who could keep punching out counting stats just by sheer volume. The G League also does not PEDS test the same way. You got a guy with fresh legs, in a gutted Eastern Conference, against some teams already given up or resting their stars, who did not have to cycle down in his juicing, able to shoot as much as he wants. Nothing bout that sounds sustainable.

Burke was a razor's edge from being out of the league for good. The Knicks took a shot at him because their point guard situation was so gutted.

The argument you are making is that 29 other teams, and even the Knicks for a long time, and their entire scouting/coaching/front office staffs are all WRONG about Trey Burke. In order for what you are saying to add up, you'd need over 450+ front office personnel, coaches, trainers, scouts, analysts, cap guys, stats guys, the whole range of top shelf minds in all of pro sports in the entire Western world, and have them be wrong. This is not some 1st or 2nd year player or a guy who got no opportunity or just a mass of injuries ( This is not a Shaun Livingston/Jeremy Lin type of situation)

They didn't give his a role!

No, he's just not very good.

But he's better than much of what the Knicks have right now. ( Is that saying much?) Which is why he's still on the roster.

BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
8/21/2018  5:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/21/2018  5:25 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Yes i do, because it was the same thing people were saying when he was tearing up the G league, about how in wouldn't cross over to the NBA and look what happen. Making shots is all about confidence and mechanics. In his case, he's the first to tell you that his confidence was at a all time low once the jazz gave up on him. I'm telling you now, you are going to be so surprise, the kid is one the rise, and fiz system is ideal for his skill set

Trey Burke has actual NBA experience. He is older than most G Leaguers by a long shot. Many G Leaguers are not even fully physically developed yet. Most have not had the kind of attrition of being a pro basketball player. Of course he would dominate the G League.

It would be like a Division I college basketball 4th year senior going against high school players.

Burke is a low IQ player. He lacks baseline NBA athleticism. He doesn't currently show elite three point range. He is a complete zero on defense. He has not proven he can functionally run a NBA offense full time and be productive. He hasn't shown he can play more than one style of ball ( Me First gunner all the time)

He produced on a team riddled with injury and lack of talent because he was able to push out volume. If you get enough volume( if you chuck it enough) you will produce counting stats. Antwan Jamison is a classic example of a guy who could keep punching out counting stats just by sheer volume. The G League also does not PEDS test the same way. You got a guy with fresh legs, in a gutted Eastern Conference, against some teams already given up or resting their stars, who did not have to cycle down in his juicing, able to shoot as much as he wants. Nothing bout that sounds sustainable.

Burke was a razor's edge from being out of the league for good. The Knicks took a shot at him because their point guard situation was so gutted.

The argument you are making is that 29 other teams, and even the Knicks for a long time, and their entire scouting/coaching/front office staffs are all WRONG about Trey Burke. In order for what you are saying to add up, you'd need over 450+ front office personnel, coaches, trainers, scouts, analysts, cap guys, stats guys, the whole range of top shelf minds in all of pro sports in the entire Western world, and have them be wrong. This is not some 1st or 2nd year player or a guy who got no opportunity or just a mass of injuries ( This is not a Shaun Livingston/Jeremy Lin type of situation)

But he's better than much of what the Knicks have right now. ( Is that saying much?) Which is why he's still on the roster.

You keep saying the same **** over and over again. Clearly you are biased against Burke. When the Knicks signed him you said he sucks and wouldn't do anything. He proved you wrong but you keep making excuses for his success. Like anyone can score 42 pts in an NBA game, easy. Admit you don't know everything and that you are wrong. So ****ing annoying.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

8/22/2018  12:00 AM
BigRedDog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

You keep saying the same **** over and over again. Clearly you are biased against Burke. When the Knicks signed him you said he sucks and wouldn't do anything. He proved you wrong but you keep making excuses for his success. Like anyone can score 42 pts in an NBA game, easy. Admit you don't know everything and that you are wrong. So ****ing annoying.

I am biased against any player, coach, owner, executive, scout, agent or whomever causes the Knicks to lose instead of win. Most fans are.

You want to focus on a handful of productive games Burke played over the backdrop of his entire mediocre career. That's fine, it's your choice, your right.

I choose to focus on the backdrop of his entire mediocre career over a handful of productive games in context. That's fine too ( well its fine to me, clearly not to you). It's my choice, my right.

He worked hard. He put in effort. He did the work and bled to save his NBA career. Good for him. It doesn't mean what he did in a few games is sustainable. There are real questions in place, based on his ENTIRE CAREER ARC, on whether it is sustainable or not.

Burke shot the ball 31 times against Charlotte in a game the Knicks lost. He matched up with another undersized/smaller player in Kemba Walker. If you shoot 31 times in any NBA game, good chance you'll put up some counting stats. One of the reasons the Knicks lost that game? Being a zero on defense isn't helping matters.

The question just isn't about scoring, but can he score to compensate for the zero he brings on defense? Guys like Rodman and Ben Wallace were "offensively limited" That's being polite. But they brought so much to the table with their other skills, that it could shade those limitations. Burke needs to bomb from plus range with threeballs at an elite rate to compensate for his zero status on defense.

A few years back, Nixluva said Bargs could be a good defender and defend the rim. I said that was pretty much insane because nothing in his career arc then indicated that was likely or possible. If Bargs did become a defensive giant, and it would help the Knicks win, I'd be happy to say I was wrong every day of the week forever.

I want the Knicks to win. Every trade rape that gets posted here, deep down I wish those trades could happen. Every outlandish claim on a player to do X or Y, I wish the player could really do that. Dumb **** like Jackson signing Noah, which looks horrible at every angle, deep down I wished that 2 percent chance it could work out, that it would.

I want the Knicks to win. Because I love this team. No one wants me to be more wrong about the things I say than me.

Trey Burke was available for a reason. Every other team could have had him and did not want him. You aren't just asking for me to be wrong, you are asking for the entire league, every scout, every GM, every analyst to also be wrong. What's more likely? Burke ends up turning into an impact player? Or that the aggregate of the entire NBA coaching/front office talent was right to pass up on him, even for nearly free?

A handful of games don't do it for me. Maybe it does for you. Maybe it's time to ask yourself if you don't like what I have to say or you don't like how what I have to say makes you feel. Being "annoyed" is on you, dude, no one is sticking a gun to your head to read anything I write on this forum.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/22/2018  10:31 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
8/22/2018  10:57 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

I am biased against any player, coach, owner, executive, scout, agent or whomever causes the Knicks to lose instead of win. Most fans are.

You want to focus on a handful of productive games Burke played over the backdrop of his entire mediocre career. That's fine, it's your choice, your right.

I choose to focus on the backdrop of his entire mediocre career over a handful of productive games in context. That's fine too ( well its fine to me, clearly not to you). It's my choice, my right.

He worked hard. He put in effort. He did the work and bled to save his NBA career. Good for him. It doesn't mean what he did in a few games is sustainable. There are real questions in place, based on his ENTIRE CAREER ARC, on whether it is sustainable or not.

Burke shot the ball 31 times against Charlotte in a game the Knicks lost. He matched up with another undersized/smaller player in Kemba Walker. If you shoot 31 times in any NBA game, good chance you'll put up some counting stats. One of the reasons the Knicks lost that game? Being a zero on defense isn't helping matters.

The question just isn't about scoring, but can he score to compensate for the zero he brings on defense? Guys like Rodman and Ben Wallace were "offensively limited" That's being polite. But they brought so much to the table with their other skills, that it could shade those limitations. Burke needs to bomb from plus range with threeballs at an elite rate to compensate for his zero status on defense.

A few years back, Nixluva said Bargs could be a good defender and defend the rim. I said that was pretty much insane because nothing in his career arc then indicated that was likely or possible. If Bargs did become a defensive giant, and it would help the Knicks win, I'd be happy to say I was wrong every day of the week forever.

I want the Knicks to win. Every trade rape that gets posted here, deep down I wish those trades could happen. Every outlandish claim on a player to do X or Y, I wish the player could really do that. Dumb **** like Jackson signing Noah, which looks horrible at every angle, deep down I wished that 2 percent chance it could work out, that it would.

I want the Knicks to win. Because I love this team. No one wants me to be more wrong about the things I say than me.

Trey Burke was available for a reason. Every other team could have had him and did not want him. You aren't just asking for me to be wrong, you are asking for the entire league, every scout, every GM, every analyst to also be wrong. What's more likely? Burke ends up turning into an impact player? Or that the aggregate of the entire NBA coaching/front office talent was right to pass up on him, even for nearly free?

A handful of games don't do it for me. Maybe it does for you. Maybe it's time to ask yourself if you don't like what I have to say or you don't like how what I have to say makes you feel. Being "annoyed" is on you, dude, no one is sticking a gun to your head to read anything I write on this forum.

So the frank is only 19 excuses doesn't fly for burke uh? take a look at some quotes

“That Trey Burke — there was a lot of distractions going on with that Trey Burke,’’ Burke recently told CBS Sports. “That Trey Burke was 19 years old. This Trey Burke now, I’m married, I’m in the house, I’m not worried about things that a lot of players worry about.”

You said no other team wanted him..uh,

In the CBS interview, Burke said Oklahoma City, Houston and the New Orleans Pelicans invited him to camp

That was 3 playoff teams, and besides that, there wasn't really a market for pg's last season, as most teams were good.

You definitely seem like your very bias, your trying every which way to discredit every thing he's done to reinvent his life and game.

steph, frazier, bernard,and Reed, are the only knicks players to put up 40+ and 10+ assist in a game. Three HOF and a china playing legend, thats good company

ES
QnzKnickerbocker87
Member: #8670

8/22/2018  12:22 PM
One thing that was odd abt Burke's season last yr was his poor performance from the FT line, 65% for the season. IDK maybe it was an aberration, for his career he's a 80% free throw shooter.

Im skeptical abt him as a starter, but if he can continue his improve play from last season and build and expand on it then we at the very least have a very good role/rotation player. I would like to see him get to the FT line more and convert on his FTs at his career average or better, and as others ITT have already mentioned, take & make 3s at a higher clip

Nalod
USA
8/22/2018  1:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

So the frank is only 19 excuses doesn't fly for burke uh? take a look at some quotes

“That Trey Burke — there was a lot of distractions going on with that Trey Burke,’’ Burke recently told CBS Sports. “That Trey Burke was 19 years old. This Trey Burke now, I’m married, I’m in the house, I’m not worried about things that a lot of players worry about.”

You said no other team wanted him..uh,

In the CBS interview, Burke said Oklahoma City, Houston and the New Orleans Pelicans invited him to camp

That was 3 playoff teams, and besides that, there wasn't really a market for pg's last season, as most teams were good.

You definitely seem like your very bias, your trying every which way to discredit every thing he's done to reinvent his life and game.

steph, frazier, bernard,and Reed, are the only knicks players to put up 40+ and 10+ assist in a game. Three HOF and a china playing legend, thats good company

There you go. Frank is to you what Hillary is to a Trumpian. You pivot often on it.
Nobody said boo about Frank. But since you do, Burke is almost 6 years older than Frank. Not excuses, reason.
Burke married and with a kid? Good for him. I don't know any knick fan who thinks ill of him. Nalod be reading about Trey talking about Trey in the third person if funny to Nalod. Nalod things that Trey is a good dude!
That's a quote that Trey is telling a reporter he is mature now. That's not a hard statistic or a predictor of the future. He said he has grown up. NBA players telling a reporter what we want to hear. That's a quote, not a fact.
He had INVITES from other clubs. Not contract offer. They did not want him, they wanted him to audition. Knicks offered him a tangible path. He took it.
Other playoff teams gave him an invite. You do understand the difference right?
Trevor Booker hung 70 pts. 6th all time amount. Every player over 60 pts is in the HOF. Does that mean he is a lock? Not at all. He put up more than Jordan did. Make him better? Of course not.
Your evidence is weak. Don't fret, it all gets sorted out on the court. But if you bring this weak ass stuff it will get slapped.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/23/2018  11:53 AM
Burke is no Nate :) lol

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cleaning The Glass Article on Trey Burke

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy