[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Noah To Be Waived Next Month, Per Woj
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/9/2018  2:40 PM
Also Mia who you have claimed we should emulate in terms of maintaining playoff contention. Has 3 of those worst contract in the NBA from the article you posted. When are they going to achieve the results you claim teams that follow this path will achieve?
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
QnzKnickerbocker87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8670

8/9/2018  3:33 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
QnzKnickerbocker87 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Don't have a link but just heard that stretching Noah in Sept is the same as stretching him next off season. If true would be the reason why.

That is what I read also. They would pay his entire 18-19 salary and stretch the last year of his deal.

Still don't like his dead money being on the books for years after he's gone but they've been trying to trade him for the better part of a year with no success. If they truly believe him to be a negative influence on the young core and want him as far away as possible from them then there weren't a whole lot of other options.

I don't believe we'd be able to tell him to stay away from the team if he's healthy and hasn't broken any new rules/committed any new infractions. Sure we could try it but that could get messy and I know the Knicks want to desperately shed their dysfunctional image and reputation.

Just wish this situation could have been solved differently

He is being stretched to make room for a FA in 2019. KP is due an extension this summer as well as the need to possibly retain some depth pieces like Burke and Mario. Knicks won't much have cap space after 2019. They pretty much need to act now in order to capitalize on the window they have before paying KP and retaining some players.

As well as opening up a roster spot to try out a player who may have a long term opportunity.

Yes but the move by itself doesnt create a max slot - you still need to unload Lee and/or THJr to get to that max contract opening for a big time FA

I dont believe THJr contract is a terrible deal but we're not getting an expiring back for him unless you attach a 1st rd pick or a member of our young core to it - too steep a price to pay to move a guy who, albeit is overpaid, isnt such an albatross contract that it would warrant sacrificing valuable assets just to dump him

Lee theoretically should be easier to move yet he's still on the roster so alas.....think the Knicks are asking too much to move him - last Lee trade rumor I heard had us asking for a draft pick (late 1st or an early 2nd rder) in exchange for Lee. Dont think Lee can get us back an asset like that on his own. However, imo if we were to add a couple of 2nd rd picks or a 2nd rd pick plus an expiring (Baker, Mudiay) we should, (again theoretically) be able to get an expiring contract in return. I think they (Knicks brass and some fans) overvalue Lee, if they are gun ho abt getting an asset back in return for Lee I dont believe they'll get a deal done, at least no time soon

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/9/2018  3:56 PM
Bad idea. Should have waited a year, especially since wr are not doing this year
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
knicks1248
Member: #582
8/9/2018  4:09 PM
THJ is going to make ppl jump on his Bandwagon this season, i just don't understand all this talk about getting rid of him..
ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/9/2018  4:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/9/2018  4:25 PM
knicks1248 wrote:THJ is going to make ppl jump on his Bandwagon this season, i just don't understand all this talk about getting rid of him..

If THJ can stay healthy, I also see him having a good season. Showed character last season. A tough injury, and a big slump. Didnt make himself a distraction to the team, kept playing hard.

Timmy showed a lot of growth as a player since his first time in NY. Im rooting for him.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/9/2018  4:24 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Bad idea. Should have waited a year, especially since wr are not doing this year
After September 1st if they are going to stretch him it won't matter when it happens in regards to 2019. Also, management and the coaching staff must not want him around the team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
QnzKnickerbocker87
Member: #8670

8/9/2018  5:29 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:THJ is going to make ppl jump on his Bandwagon this season, i just don't understand all this talk about getting rid of him..

If THJ can stay healthy, I also see him having a good season. Showed character last season. A tough injury, and a big slump. Didnt make himself a distraction to the team, kept playing hard.

Timmy showed a lot of growth as a player since his first time in NY. Im rooting for him.

This, likewise

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/9/2018  7:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Bad idea. Should have waited a year, especially since wr are not doing this year
After September 1st if they are going to stretch him it won't matter when it happens in regards to 2019. Also, management and the coaching staff must not want him around the team.

That's the thing that was never clarified in earlier reports. From that standpoint, it's like whatever. Of course, we won't be able to fully rate this move until we see who we pull in free agency.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ThePunisher
Member: #8671

8/11/2018  8:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/11/2018  9:01 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Nope. Perry isn't that stupid. They've obviously tested the market for months, found no buyers for Lee without being price-gouged, and don't expect to find any for Noah without being butt-reamed. They're dead set on 2019 max FA and have said as much. Waiving him now ensures they can open up $13 Mill extra cap space necessary to sign a Kyrie or Kawhi.

Teams are probably asking for a 1st just to take back Lee due to the premium set on 2019 cap space. I can't even imagine the price tag for dumping Noah...

2019 Free Agency is going to be a feeding frenzy with the sheer number of UFA's.

GustavBahler

8/11/2018  12:40 PM
Thorough look at the Noah situation..

https://sports.yahoo.com/stretching-joakim-noah-knicks-might-create-new-problem-solve-old-one-193735865.html

ThePunisher

8/12/2018  3:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/12/2018  3:22 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Thorough look at the Noah situation..

https://sports.yahoo.com/stretching-joakim-noah-knicks-might-create-new-problem-solve-old-one-193735865.html

The article completely misses the mark, but is at least right in that the philosophy should always be to never look for quick fixes to systemic problems (overpaying our players).

That said, look at the sheer number of All-Star UFA's coming up. There's a reason front offices are frothing at the mouth. We haven't seen a Free Agent class this strong in awhile:

Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving
Kawhi Leonard
Kemba Walker
Klay Thompson
Jimmy Butler
Demarcus Cousins
Al Horford
Marc Gasol
Lamarcus Aldridge
Deandre Jordan
Goran Dragic

GustavBahler

8/12/2018  9:52 AM
ThePunisher wrote:

The article completely misses the mark, but is at least right in that the philosophy should always be to never look for quick fixes to systemic problems (overpaying our players).

That said, look at the sheer number of All-Star UFA's coming up. There's a reason front offices are frothing at the mouth. We haven't seen a Free Agent class this strong in awhile:

Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving
Kawhi Leonard
Kemba Walker
Klay Thompson
Jimmy Butler
Demarcus Cousins
Al Horford
Marc Gasol
Lamarcus Aldridge
Deandre Jordan
Goran Dragic

You seem familiar, lol.

PassTheBall
Member: #5872
Norway
8/12/2018  12:38 PM
I can’t wait for this to be over.
/PassTheBall
ThePunisher

8/12/2018  1:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/12/2018  2:03 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving
Kawhi Leonard
Kemba Walker
Klay Thompson
Jimmy Butler
Demarcus Cousins
Al Horford
Marc Gasol
Lamarcus Aldridge
Deandre Jordan
Goran Dragic

You seem familiar, lol.

You gauged familiarity through a completely non-combative list of UFA's I typed up? And then followed that with a cringeworthy "lol"...

You ALSO seem familiar. You remind me of half the people in Youtube comment sections that make utterly no sense and seek confrontation out of thin air.

Feel free to tell me who I remind you of. This should be precious. I'm waiting...

NotInMyHouse
Member: #6433

8/13/2018  3:18 AM
ThePunisher wrote:

Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving
Kawhi Leonard
Kemba Walker
Klay Thompson
Jimmy Butler
Demarcus Cousins
Al Horford
Marc Gasol
Lamarcus Aldridge
Deandre Jordan
Goran Dragic

Yes, it probably comes down to this. And regarding Lee, it really makes little sense to move him now. If there is a team in the playoff hunt and Lee is playing well, he will have value.
Right now his value is to us trying to free up cap space, not really to other teams.

And the same is true for Noah - let's see what he has, if he is playing good we might be able to dump
him. But management might want to move on now and give the young guy his minutes. I imagine management might just want to move on now, not sure that is the best decision.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
8/13/2018  1:14 PM
the only FA i would want next summer is Klay, and not on a max.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/13/2018  2:25 PM
ThePunisher wrote:

Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving
Kawhi Leonard
Kemba Walker
Klay Thompson
Jimmy Butler
Demarcus Cousins
Al Horford
Marc Gasol
Lamarcus Aldridge
Deandre Jordan
Goran Dragic

that UFA class sucks to be honest... for the Knicks. Who is viable here? I see Kyrie as a strong possibility and I would welcome him signing the max here. With Timmy/Knox/Frank/Robinson/KP/Dotson you have the parts to build a great defensive squad with Kyrie as your "scorer."

Who else on that list do the Knicks have a chance of singing and for how much? That FA class for the Knicks is Kyrie or bust.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
8/13/2018  2:46 PM
agree. in 2 years this FA class will look like a buncha old hand me downs
ThePunisher

8/13/2018  9:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/13/2018  9:16 PM
fishmike wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

Kevin Durant
Kyrie Irving
Kawhi Leonard
Kemba Walker
Klay Thompson
Jimmy Butler
Demarcus Cousins
Al Horford
Marc Gasol
Lamarcus Aldridge
Deandre Jordan
Goran Dragic

that UFA class sucks to be honest... for the Knicks. Who is viable here? I see Kyrie as a strong possibility and I would welcome him signing the max here. With Timmy/Knox/Frank/Robinson/KP/Dotson you have the parts to build a great defensive squad with Kyrie as your "scorer."

Who else on that list do the Knicks have a chance of singing and for how much? That FA class for the Knicks is Kyrie or bust.

A.) You're nuts if you think this UFA class "sucks." I recommend bi-focals. Seeing as how it's the complete OPPOSITE of sucking. It's the strongest in many years

B.) Who's viable? Who's affordable?

C.)It's the polar and complete OPPOSITE of "Kyrie or Bust," and it's this attitude as to why for DECADES ownership tried to rush the process. For fans like you who don't know any better.

ThePunisher

8/13/2018  9:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/13/2018  9:19 PM
anrst wrote:agree. in 2 years this FA class will look like a buncha old hand me downs

Takes one to know one.

But seriously, this is the worst post I've seen in my first 2 days of perusing the site.

Kawhi is gonna look like a "hand me down" in 2 years? Wtf? I think you meant MVP.

Noah To Be Waived Next Month, Per Woj

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy