[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Noah To Be Waived Next Month, Per Woj
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/9/2018  10:34 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:Leaking this now, gives teams a month to agree on a trade. There are plenty of dead weight players teams are trying to unload.

Perry has gone fishing

This guy has been on the trading block since last September. It's ashamed how some people with solid back rounds come to NY and leave with a shattered reputation. I just can't recall noah every being a problem.

As they said in the article, they are unwilling to attach anything of value(1st picks, or a young player) in a trade.

I also hate the fact that there's no big man vet on the roster..

Noah is 100 percent responsible for shattering his own rep. Got into with Hoiberg over his bench role. Noah was damaged goods before he left the Bulls, but still managed to sweet talk Phil into that ridiculous contract.

After making his FU money, he said FU to the Knicks (and Hornacek) by showing up out of shape. Compounded matters by juicing. Comes back the following season expecting minutes after his suspension. Hornacek made his share of mistakes, telling Noah to go F himself was warranted, amd welcome.

Knicks did nothing to Noah, Noah did it to himself. As someone who used to be a big fan, good riddance.

AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

8/9/2018  10:36 AM
Noah has played 53 games for the Knicks and earned 72 mill. His per game $ is more than Lebron James and Steph Curry combined.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
QnzKnickerbocker87
Member: #8670

8/9/2018  10:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/9/2018  10:53 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
y2zipper wrote:The Knicks are trying to play in 2019 free agency and I'm for this if it helps. They still need to clear Lee and Hardaway though.

Lee yes but Hardaway isn’t going to be cleared. He’s a good player who makes a normal contract for his skill set at his age. He’s not cheap but is a solid starting SG and we need players who can contribute in order for free agents to want to join. KP, Knox, Frank, Hardaway, and Robinson are that core group.

You can't win with Hardaway Jr on your payroll unless you are underpaying another superstar. Basically to build a legit contender with Hardaway Jr on this team making that money Knox has to be Kevin Durant and we need to sign Kevin Durant in FA. Advanced stats say Hardaway Jr. is worth nowhere near his contract

Maybe not but he's a contributing player making maybe 15% of the overall cap. That's not a contract that will prevent a team from being really good. It's when you add contracts like Noah on top that make it a problem. If you have a couple of superstars making max money (KP and Kyrie for example), Knox and Frank and some others contributing on rookie contracts, and 1 contract like Hardaway where at worse he's a 6th man on a great team, it doesn't hinder a team at all. Teams get in trouble paying a bunch of Hardaway's who are essentially the middle class of the league. If you have 1 player like this, no big deal.

Exactly. One overpaid fringe starter is fine, having like 3 or 4 leaves you capped out and stuck in mediocrity/treadmill lane, case in point, just look at the current Mia Heat, their roster, and their payroll. Imagine having to pay Tyler Johnson 19 mill/year, James Johnson 15 mill/yr, Dion Waiters 13 mill/yr for the next few years. No need to mention Whiteside as he with his 2 yrs remaining at approximately 25 mill per year is their own Noah contract.

Could always be worse. Just be thankful to only have one Hardaway like contract as opposed to several. We still gotta move Lee tho

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/9/2018  11:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/9/2018  11:06 AM
QnzKnickerbocker87 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
y2zipper wrote:The Knicks are trying to play in 2019 free agency and I'm for this if it helps. They still need to clear Lee and Hardaway though.

Lee yes but Hardaway isn’t going to be cleared. He’s a good player who makes a normal contract for his skill set at his age. He’s not cheap but is a solid starting SG and we need players who can contribute in order for free agents to want to join. KP, Knox, Frank, Hardaway, and Robinson are that core group.

You can't win with Hardaway Jr on your payroll unless you are underpaying another superstar. Basically to build a legit contender with Hardaway Jr on this team making that money Knox has to be Kevin Durant and we need to sign Kevin Durant in FA. Advanced stats say Hardaway Jr. is worth nowhere near his contract

Relative to other players around the league making the same money @ his position THJr produced on par/or outproduced many of his like-paid peers. Sure, he's still overpaid, as in general he's a middle of the pack/slightly above average SG, but when you look around the league you can do a lot worse than the 18-20 mill we paying Timmy, whether in general or specific to his position.

Exactly, he gives you value at a high, but not outrageous price. He's not a guy we need to dump, we just need to make sure we don't continue to add these types of contracts. But he's fine as a long-term 4th option on offense who can win you a few games here and there. Not dead weight at all. As long as he's not asked to do too much, he's fine in his role and contract. He's 25 years old who is a 15 ppg player on a good team.

MS
Member: #724
8/9/2018  11:14 AM
I'm still a little amazed that we couldn't have pulled off a better deal for Dwight Howard. Moz essentially makes the same salary and years as Noah and could have thrown in a couple of second round picks. I would have even been willing to throw the 2020 or 2021 First Round pick in to clear up his salary. The Nets deserve some credit for that move.

I would have kept him and allowed him to play a few games and see what he has left. Robinson going up against veterans in practice is always beneficial. I am willing to bet the lakers would trade a second round pick or something down the road to swap deng and noah as well as they are really light up front.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/9/2018  11:22 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
blkexec wrote:Leaking this now, gives teams a month to agree on a trade. There are plenty of dead weight players teams are trying to unload.

Perry has gone fishing

This guy has been on the trading block since last September. It's ashamed how some people with solid back rounds come to NY and leave with a shattered reputation. I just can't recall noah every being a problem.

As they said in the article, they are unwilling to attach anything of value(1st picks, or a young player) in a trade.

Rage on and think your smarter than current FO with the benefit of hindsight!
Neither of us were in the room when Phil obviously thought this thru and obviously messed up.
That it was questioned by fans at the time only adds to what many of us scratched our heads at.
There were so few moments where Noah and Rose clicked with Melo but the idea was for it to work for 2 years or so until youth was developed.
Good plan badly executed with low probability even from the onset. One day Phil might tell us what drove him to believe in Joakim Noah.
It was a plan, it did not work. Moving on.
Noah is the single residual left from failed plan.
In the moment I don't see why keeping him makes sense. This is about developing yoot. Few months ago we had no idea we could get a project like MRob but here we are.
Im not worrying about anything beyond this year. Its about youth, KP healing, good lottery pick, clearing cap space for a nice piece. Top 5 picks and a top flight free agent to a solid trifecta of blue chips (KP, Knox, Frank) and perhaps one of Mario-Burke-Mudiay and a slew of some others gives us pipeline.
Really, just one or two need to step up big. Might be the Vonleh, one of the non Knox rooks, hicks, Baker,kornet........
Theres a lot going on in knickland.
Basically do we spread out one year of Noah into three vs. taking on other dumps. Clean slate time. Why is this even problem? Give up a draft pick or young player? Hell no!!!! Giorgi Dieng? Minny don't want him, for all we know they don't want Joakim either? We just assume Thibs wants all his old guys?
Have any of you watched Bismack Biyombo?
WE move on.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/9/2018  11:23 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
martin wrote:So I think the vet min for a player with 10+ years is right around $2.4M (and I THINK the ensuing cap hit is only something like $1.4 for some odd reason). If the Knicks buy out Noah in the last year of his deal and stretch him, he could make ~$5M over the 2 years, so it would be fair to buy him out at a price of $5M for the last year of his contract? Instead of stretching the $19M they may need to only stretch $14M for a cap hit of $4.5 over 3 years.

No idea if the above is right but I wonder if buyout is possible with this type of scenario.

For some reason that made me feel a lot better about it.

Except you are not counting on the fact that I could be completely wrong

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/9/2018  11:25 AM
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Perry has gone fishing

kanter?

This. Kanter is going into his 9th or 10th season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
USA
8/9/2018  11:48 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Perry has gone fishing

kanter?

You sure? Feels more like 11 or 12

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/9/2018  12:19 PM
Don't have a link but just heard that stretching Noah in Sept is the same as stretching him next off season. If true would be the reason why.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/9/2018  12:28 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Don't have a link but just heard that stretching Noah in Sept is the same as stretching him next off season. If true would be the reason why.

That is what I read also. They would pay his entire 18-19 salary and stretch the last year of his deal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

8/9/2018  12:29 PM
I was so wrong about this guy. I though he would revive here and make us forget Rolo

Now he's stripping naked in public in Cali -- is there a contract clause to deal with getting unhinged

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/9/2018  12:45 PM
Chandler wrote:I was so wrong about this guy. I though he would revive here and make us forget Rolo

Now he's stripping naked in public in Cali -- is there a contract clause to deal with getting unhinged

with phil, it must be have been an obligation that he comes undone once a year!!

knicks1248
Member: #582
8/9/2018  1:04 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Perry has gone fishing

kanter?

you always have to prepare for injuries, something we always have a problem with

ES
QnzKnickerbocker87
Member: #8670

8/9/2018  1:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/9/2018  1:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Don't have a link but just heard that stretching Noah in Sept is the same as stretching him next off season. If true would be the reason why.

That is what I read also. They would pay his entire 18-19 salary and stretch the last year of his deal.

Still don't like his dead money being on the books for years after he's gone but they've been trying to trade him for the better part of a year with no success. If they truly believe him to be a negative influence on the young core and want him as far away as possible from them then there weren't a whole lot of other options.

I don't believe we'd be able to tell him to stay away from the team if he's healthy and hasn't broken any new rules/committed any new infractions. Sure we could try it but that could get messy and I know the Knicks want to desperately shed their dysfunctional image and reputation.

Just wish this situation could have been solved differently

martin
USA
8/9/2018  1:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Marv wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

Perry has gone fishing

kanter?

you always have to prepare for injuries, something we always have a problem with

....Kanter is 26 and I have no idea what you are talking about.

newyorknewyork
8/9/2018  1:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/9/2018  1:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Still don't like his dead money being on the books for years after he's gone but they've been trying to trade him for the better part of a year with no success. If they truly believe him to be a negative influence on the young core and want him as far away as possible from them then there weren't a whole lot of other options.

I don't believe we'd be able to tell him to stay away from the team if he's healthy and hasn't broken any new rules/committed any new infractions. Sure we could try it but that could get messy and I know the Knicks want to desperately shed their dysfunctional image and reputation.

He is being stretched to make room for a FA in 2019. KP is due an extension this summer as well as the need to possibly retain some depth pieces like Burke and Mario. Knicks won't much have cap space after 2019. They pretty much need to act now in order to capitalize on the window they have before paying KP and retaining some players.

As well as opening up a roster spot to try out a player who may have a long term opportunity.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/9/2018  2:16 PM
Chandler wrote:I was so wrong about this guy. I though he would revive here and make us forget Rolo

To be honest...this headline wouldn't have surprised me if it took place during his career year when people we're hoping him up as an mvp candidate. This is just Joachim being Joachim lol

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
knicks1248
Member: #582
8/9/2018  2:27 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He is being stretched to make room for a FA in 2019. KP is due an extension this summer as well as the need to possibly retain some depth pieces like Burke and Mario. Knicks won't much have cap space after 2019. They pretty much need to act now in order to capitalize on the window they have before paying KP and retaining some players.

As well as opening up a roster spot to try out a player who may have a long term opportunity.

$37.8 million dollars down the toilet..smh

ES
newyorknewyork
8/9/2018  2:36 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

$37.8 million dollars down the toilet..smh

Yes, that has been established for a long time now. Lucky the issue hasn't been compounded. We still have been able to add blur chip draft prospects. We still have a shot at top tier FA's. We still have flexible pieces. We still are in good shape to build a decent team.

There is literally nothing gained by harping on Noah's contract today.

Noah To Be Waived Next Month, Per Woj

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy