[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lurker Turned Poster,New Here
Author Thread
QnzKnickerbocker87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8670

8/8/2018  6:25 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Welcome. Curious about what prompted you to switch modes from lurking to posting?

Welp, you can't post as a guest and I wanted to share my 0.02 from time to time

Plus I love the Knicks and want to be able to discuss Knick topics w/ppl who share the same passion

AUTOADVERT
QnzKnickerbocker87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8670

8/8/2018  6:27 PM
Nalod wrote:
QnzKnickerbocker87 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:small tangent...wish the Knicks would remove the "erbocker" part...it's so freakin old school. I bet some young fans dont even know that's the official team name.

It was old school in the 1940's as well!!

Definition of knickerbocker

1 knickerbockers play \ˈni-kər-ˌbä-kərz, ˈni-kə-\ plural : knickers
2 capitalized : a descendant of the early Dutch settlers of New York; broadly : a native or resident of the city or state of New York —used as a nickname

"Knicks" are a nickname of a a nickname so really its important to know what a Knickerbocker is.

Good primer for old and new fans alike:
https://www.nba.com/knicks/history/whatsaknickerbocker.html

Perhaps Im showing off my youth n naivety but I always thought Knickerbockers was a old time word for somebody's pants like trousers lol

For the life of me whenever the thought behind the meaning of the term Knickerbocker would pass thru my mind I thought 'Why would you name a professional sports team after some pants?", always thought it was weird lol

Now I know where it actually stems from and it makes a lot more sense now haha

A Knickerbocker would wear "Knickers"......
There are some references to the pants as "Knickerbockers" as well. Your are also correct.
There is not set rule but mostly inferences.

The more you know....

Lurker Turned Poster,New Here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy