[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lurker Turned Poster,New Here
Author Thread
QnzKnickerbocker87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8670

8/7/2018  5:43 PM
Hello All,

Been lurking this board for a little while and finally decided to create an account on here. I look forward to interacting with all you fellow Knicks fans and fanatics. I've been a Knick fan for over 20 years, or better put as long as I can remember. Im excited abt our young core and hope we are able to develop each one of them to the highest point of their ceiling.

As part of my intro to this forum, feel free to AMA

-Peace

AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

8/7/2018  5:52 PM
Welcome my friend. Its good to have new faces. I agree its an exciting time with the young core and next summer should be exciting with the draft and cap space for a big free agent class
QnzKnickerbocker87

8/7/2018  6:40 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Welcome my friend. Its good to have new faces. I agree its an exciting time with the young core and next summer should be exciting with the draft and cap space for a big free agent class

Thanks for the welcome.

Strong FA class next season. I'd be happy with a Kyrie Irving or Jimmy Butler, estatic if we could somehow land both without sacrificing anything from our young core or future 1st rd picks. Doubt he leaves, but would love the addition of Klay Thompson. Darkhouse FA targets - Julius Randle and Myles Turner, really feel like both of these guys are on the cusp of becoming really special/stud players. Plus, either would be a great fit alongside KP and Knox, and neither is that much older than the members of our young group so either one fits the timeline perfectly as well

JesseDark
Member: #467
8/7/2018  7:56 PM
Welcome aboard, with you and NBK it looks like we have a good rookie class of posters!
Bring back dee-fense
QnzKnickerbocker87

8/7/2018  8:26 PM
JesseDark wrote:Welcome aboard, with you and NBK it looks like we have a good rookie class of posters!

Thanks!

Hopefully me and NBK can be as promising in our rookie campaigns as we hope Knox and Money Makin Mitch to be

Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/7/2018  11:04 PM
Stop Lurking you lurkers and join already! lol 20 years??? welcome QK87
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
QnzKnickerbocker87

8/8/2018  12:45 AM
Cartman718 wrote:Stop Lurking you lurkers and join already! lol 20 years??? welcome QK87

Thanks

Lol a little over 20 years, 23 to be exact. But yeah long time fan....in regards to joining/lurking....first time, long time lol

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

8/8/2018  9:12 AM
Welcome aboard, Q.
Ira
Member: #91
8/8/2018  9:32 AM
Great to have you on the best Knicks message board on the planet.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/8/2018  9:34 AM
Ira wrote:Great to have you on the best Knicks message board on the planet.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Cartman718

8/8/2018  9:45 AM
small tangent...wish the Knicks would remove the "erbocker" part...it's so freakin old school. I bet some young fans dont even know that's the official team name.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/8/2018  9:59 AM
Cartman718 wrote:small tangent...wish the Knicks would remove the "erbocker" part...it's so freakin old school. I bet some young fans dont even know that's the official team name.

It was old school in the 1940's as well!!

Definition of knickerbocker

1 knickerbockers play \ˈni-kər-ˌbä-kərz, ˈni-kə-\ plural : knickers
2 capitalized : a descendant of the early Dutch settlers of New York; broadly : a native or resident of the city or state of New York —used as a nickname

"Knicks" are a nickname of a a nickname so really its important to know what a Knickerbocker is.

Good primer for old and new fans alike:
https://www.nba.com/knicks/history/whatsaknickerbocker.html

Cartman718

8/8/2018  10:06 AM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:small tangent...wish the Knicks would remove the "erbocker" part...it's so freakin old school. I bet some young fans dont even know that's the official team name.

2 capitalized : a descendant of the early Dutch settlers of New York; broadly : a native or resident of the city or state of New York —used as a nickname

"Knicks" are a nickname of a a nickname so really its important to know what a Knickerbocker is.

If everyone on the planet uses only the nickname for an org...might as well change the official name to that...

Nalod
USA
8/8/2018  11:49 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

If everyone on the planet uses only the nickname for an org...might as well change the official name to that...

I disagree, you can't alter history. I just quickly went to the team official website and there is no mention of "Knickerbockers" anywhere.
The team does use the long word but "Knicks" unto itself means nothing. "Knickerbocker" was a nickname used for a person from New York. Knicks is a nickname for that!
"Mets" are short for "Metropolitans"
"Vols" short for "Volunteers"
There are others.

QnzKnickerbocker87

8/8/2018  1:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/8/2018  1:06 PM
Nalod wrote:

Perhaps Im showing off my youth n naivety but I always thought Knickerbockers was a old time word for somebody's pants like trousers lol

For the life of me whenever the thought behind the meaning of the term Knickerbocker would pass thru my mind I thought 'Why would you name a professional sports team after some pants?", always thought it was weird lol

Now I know where it actually stems from and it makes a lot more sense now haha

QnzKnickerbocker87

8/8/2018  1:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/8/2018  1:08 PM
Moonangie wrote:Welcome aboard, Q.

Thank you

QnzKnickerbocker87

8/8/2018  1:09 PM

I knew, just didnt know the true definition of it lol, until recently

QnzKnickerbocker87

8/8/2018  1:10 PM
Ira wrote:Great to have you on the best Knicks message board on the planet.

Thanks!

Nalod
USA
8/8/2018  3:42 PM
QnzKnickerbocker87 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Perhaps Im showing off my youth n naivety but I always thought Knickerbockers was a old time word for somebody's pants like trousers lol

For the life of me whenever the thought behind the meaning of the term Knickerbocker would pass thru my mind I thought 'Why would you name a professional sports team after some pants?", always thought it was weird lol

Now I know where it actually stems from and it makes a lot more sense now haha

A Knickerbocker would wear "Knickers"......
There are some references to the pants as "Knickerbockers" as well. Your are also correct.
There is not set rule but mostly inferences.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/8/2018  6:01 PM
Welcome. Curious about what prompted you to switch modes from lurking to posting?
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Lurker Turned Poster,New Here

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy