[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Can the Knicks Young Nucleus Develop in to a Contender?
Author Thread
NBK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8667

8/3/2018  12:40 PM
I did a video last night discussing this topic and more. The Knicks finally have a young team to develop. Do they have the ingredients with Frank, KP, Knox, and Robinson as the nucleus to be a contender in the future?

It's hard for me to say right now, I need to see more. I want to see Franks development this year, see if Robinson can play with the big boys in the league. I'm not too worried about KP and Knox. I think they will both be all-stars. What do you think?

If you have a few minutes, check out the video. The numbers below show the markers where you can find each topic.

Mario vs. Lance - 6:07
Kanter vs. Robinson - 50:36
Retire Melo's Jersey at the Garden? - 1:13:22
Can the Knicks Young Nucleus become Contenders? - 1:50:17

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/3/2018  1:33 PM
Looks great but at nearly two hours I just don't have that kind of time.

Mario vs. Lance? Play Mario but Lance a good glue guy too.
Kanter vs. Robinson? If we start the season over .500 you roll with what got you that and I assume Kanter is the starter. Robinson is a wild card given his very limited experience.
Im guessing he will be a foul out machine. If we are tankalicious than give him the minutes to develop and adopt to the pace.
Retire Melo Jersey? Nope. He is 7ths behind Guerin, Braun, and Houston. He played 7 seasons. the others played more. There numbers are not retired. There are no "Moments" to speak of. No conf. championships, no deep playoff run, no chips, nothing of note. He scored a lot of points.
He will be enshired in the Basketball HOF on his point totals in 7 seasons with Denver and knicks as well as olymipic metals. If the others were so honored I'd be inclined to consider it but they are not.
Young nucleus to contention? If the three all play to potential ceilings it could happen. But its way to early to have the conversation with any accuracy.

blkexec
Member: #748
8/4/2018  7:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2018  7:58 AM
Nalod wrote:Looks great but at nearly two hours I just don't have that kind of time.

Kanter vs. Robinson? If we start the season over .500 you roll with what got you that and I assume Kanter is the starter. Robinson is a wild card given his very limited experience.
Im guessing he will be a foul out machine. If we are tankalicious than give him the minutes to develop and adopt to the pace.
Retire Melo Jersey? Nope. He is 7ths behind Guerin, Braun, and Houston. He played 7 seasons. the others played more. There numbers are not retired. There are no "Moments" to speak of. No conf. championships, no deep playoff run, no chips, nothing of note. He scored a lot of points.
He will be enshired in the Basketball HOF on his point totals in 7 seasons with Denver and knicks as well as olymipic metals. If the others were so honored I'd be inclined to consider it but they are not.
Young nucleus to contention? If the three all play to potential ceilings it could happen. But its way to early to have the conversation with any accuracy.

It's never too early.....

playing Kanter vs Robinson depends on playoff positioning and who will impact the game more. Playing behind Kanter for a year will do 2 things.....make Mitchell hungrier and at the same time learn from a vet like kanter for offense.....Noah (assuming hes back from his cross country trip) will help him with defensive. Hes in a good spot.

I'm not a melo fan.....so I would say no. Now hes done a lot for this franchise....And Dolan might think his retirement is justified. I'm sure melo helped Dolan and the knicks become relevant again.

I'm optimistic with our young group. Knox is exactly what I thought he could be....a go to guy. KP has already reached global status. Frank is the key....As he improve.....the knicks will improve. Because of his willingness to play defense at a position that's saturated with scorers, fiz will give him a ton of minutes at multiple positions.

Frank and Knox development will push this young group.....Mitchell looks hungry to become good....Looks like a sponge. He should fill a nice Camby/ Capella roll.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

8/4/2018  2:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2018  2:21 PM
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:Looks great but at nearly two hours I just don't have that kind of time.

playing Kanter vs Robinson depends on playoff positioning and who will impact the game more. Playing behind Kanter for a year will do 2 things.....make Mitchell hungrier and at the same time learn from a vet like kanter for offense.....Noah (assuming hes back from his cross country trip) will help him with defensive. Hes in a good spot.

I'm not a melo fan.....so I would say no. Now hes done a lot for this franchise....And Dolan might think his retirement is justified. I'm sure melo helped Dolan and the knicks become relevant again.

I'm optimistic with our young group. Knox is exactly what I thought he could be....a go to guy. KP has already reached global status. Frank is the key....As he improve.....the knicks will improve. Because of his willingness to play defense at a position that's saturated with scorers, fiz will give him a ton of minutes at multiple positions.

Frank and Knox development will push this young group.....Mitchell looks hungry to become good....Looks like a sponge. He should fill a nice Camby/ Capella roll.

Think there is room for minutes with Robinson. Kanter will start and it would be good to see Robinson take the backup minutes. Seems to be an energy guy so may be a good fit for a second unit. Not a secret I was not excited about the Frank pick but think this will be a good year for him to be more offense minded. With KP out and Fizdale's offense/influence, think he will increase his scoring. Agree that he will be the key for not just this year but on how good the young nucleus can truly be. If he does not reach his ceiling it will seems like one year of tanking was for wasted. Love Knox. Kid looks like he can be elite. Really excited about watching the young kids play this year. Cant say I was excited in years past, except for KP. Although with the Triangle, was not really that excited about that either.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/4/2018  6:02 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Think there is room for minutes with Robinson. Kanter will start and it would be good to see Robinson take the backup minutes. Seems to be an energy guy so may be a good fit for a second unit. Not a secret I was not excited about the Frank pick but think this will be a good year for him to be more offense minded. With KP out and Fizdale's offense/influence, think he will increase his scoring. Agree that he will be the key for not just this year but on how good the young nucleus can truly be. If he does not reach his ceiling it will seems like one year of tanking was for wasted. Love Knox. Kid looks like he can be elite. Really excited about watching the young kids play this year. Cant say I was excited in years past, except for KP. Although with the Triangle, was not really that excited about that either.

It takes time for the fruit to rape.
We just planting the seeds.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
8/5/2018  4:10 PM
arkrud wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Fruit rape ? That might as well be Mario's nickname because that's what I expect him to do to Lance's minutes. Robinson might actually be starting for us by Christmas. Did you see those blocked three pointers? Wow
Melo 'a jersey? I'd rather retire Charles Oakley's.
And I am psyched about our youths. We finally did get youthier!

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
8/7/2018  3:49 PM
arkrud wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

keep your rapist fruit seeds to yourself
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NBK
Member: #8667

8/9/2018  2:00 PM
"keep your rapist fruit seeds to yourself" - Ya'll to funny!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/10/2018  7:13 PM
fishmike wrote:
arkrud wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
blkexec wrote:

keep your rapist fruit seeds to yourself

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Can the Knicks Young Nucleus Develop in to a Contender?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy