Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

8/5/2018  3:17 PM
arkrud wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
arkrud wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:The sad thing is that Phil was more or less on the same course as Perry, until Rose/Noah. Phil got playoff fever.

Melo needed some sudo-supper-friends to stay in NY on top of NTC and max.
Not sure why Phil believed that Melo is second coming of the GOAT.
In reality Melo was just the goat eating somebody else cabbage.
Phil created the most funny caricature on Supper-teams.
Was not funny for NY fans.

Yep. Melo made Phil give him a max and sign Rose and the cripple.

Yep - by fact of his existence on Knicks roster.
Melo was like expensive car with no use but to show of.
Phil decided that this car can also drive him places.
Delusional he was.

If the Knicks had their draft picks Im doubtful Melo gets resigned

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
MS
Member: #724
8/6/2018  4:05 PM
Hopefully Fizdale will use him with the second unit. I think he can be valuable with the young guys. Robinson will also benefit from going up against him and kanter in practice. I don't think it's far fetched for him to play 20 minutes a night and give us 6pts 8rbs 1blk 2ass.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
8/6/2018  5:13 PM
MS wrote:Hopefully Fizdale will use him with the second unit. I think he can be valuable with the young guys. Robinson will also benefit from going up against him and kanter in practice. I don't think it's far fetched for him to play 20 minutes a night and give us 6pts 8rbs 1blk 2ass.

wow i'd be really surprised if he could play 20 minutes a night in the nba anymore. and if we could stomach having to watch him if he did.

Jmpasq

8/7/2018  6:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/7/2018  6:38 AM
Ehh John Wall would anyone want to pay him that deal? The small market teams screwed themselves with the Super Max.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/7/2018  8:33 AM
Jmpasq wrote:Ehh John Wall would anyone want to pay him that deal? The small market teams screwed themselves with the Super Max.

Sometimes big market teams screw themselves!
With the salary cap and tax rules it seems the small mkt teams are doing just fine.
Three biggest markets, NY, LA and Chicago all have teams that have not exactly been playoff contenders in a few years with the supermax in place.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/7/2018  8:48 AM
Noah should not be #1 on this list- he has 2 years left, after this season, can be stretched or possibly traded.

Miami, though, wow are they screwed!

Nalod
USA
8/7/2018  9:48 AM
Melo not on the list? Because he was bought out?
Wonder why 1248 did add his bile flavored take on Hardaway's contract? For that matter include Mills pay even if irrelevant.
No way can I defend Noah being no. 1. I simply hope he can play up to some level and stay healthy. If not, we eat it and move on.
Just like the other teams.
Riles kind of wiffed on whiteside and Tyler Johnson. These guys did not elevate to the level they are getting paid. Winslow has not turned out to be special.
I get the vision Riley had and it was a reasonable one, but shyt sometimes happens. Dragic was a great addition. I thought riley would have retired by now but I think he wants to go out on a good note.
I wonder if Phil will write about his Knick Tenure either by online series or a book. His previous efforts were always a good read.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/7/2018  10:03 AM
Oh wait, Moz and Rooster made the top ten??? LMFAO...

Melo FORCED Phil Jackson, with his 13 rings and his books, to cough up an NTC, and then SIGN the sinking Noah's ark and the broken stinky Rose. That's priceless.

Hey, at least this gives us hope that our FO could possibly work some magic with Noah's contract:

9. Timofey Mozgov, Magic
AGE YEAR SALARY
32 2018-19 $16M
33 2019-20 $16.7M
Having been traded from the Lakers to the Nets to the Hornets to the Magic since last June, Mozgov is living proof that no contract - no matter how onerous - is truly untradeable.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/7/2018  5:50 PM
Nalod wrote:Melo not on the list? Because he was bought out?
Wonder why 1248 did add his bile flavored take on Hardaway's contract? For that matter include Mills pay even if irrelevant.
No way can I defend Noah being no. 1. I simply hope he can play up to some level and stay healthy. If not, we eat it and move on.
Just like the other teams.
Riles kind of wiffed on whiteside and Tyler Johnson. These guys did not elevate to the level they are getting paid. Winslow has not turned out to be special.
I get the vision Riley had and it was a reasonable one, but shyt sometimes happens. Dragic was a great addition. I thought riley would have retired by now but I think he wants to go out on a good note.
I wonder if Phil will write about his Knick Tenure either by online series or a book. His previous efforts were always a good read.

I would love to hear about his triangle mini camps. My suggestion for a title are, Sacred Dollars, Journey to the Bling, Take It All pt.2, or The Last Season, a President in Search of a Contract Extension.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
QnzKnickerbocker87
Member: #8670

8/7/2018  6:23 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Thanks Phil...the worst contract currently in the NBA.

So i just wanted to know, who on this list would you trade NOAH for if they don't stretch him. I mean they are all obviously bad, but considering NOAH is sitting on a BEACH not earning a cent of his $$$..

Noah avg 16.6 miss games per yr since he join the league...the scary and disappointment part is KP is right on pace for that #.. Then i also think about MCdyess after the acl, and that dude was an athletic beast.

From this list, I'd take as an even swap with no other player(s) or asset(s) involved for Noah:

Gasol, Whiteside, Ibaka, Biyombo, Turner, Mahinmi, and Gallo

If an asset or young player I like still on a rookie scale contract were included, then I'd take on Dieng or James Johnson. Would even consider Dieng + Wiggins if the T'Wolves were willing to accept THJr + Lance Thomas in addition to taking on Noah in return. Dont know if it works out money wise but I'd consider it.

The Lakers Deng is beyond washed so no thanks to him. We have more than enough guards so no to Brandon Knight and Tyler Johnson. A very hard no on Knight particularly, want no parts of an overpaid guard coming off a knee injury when we already have a guard glut as it is. Wall and Griffin in abt 2 yrs will be battling for the top two spots on this list so no to both of them, respectively. Such a shame too, when both are fully healthy and playing well Wall and Griffin are fringe superstars who I enjoy to watch but those contracts are grossly horrendous. Mozgov is a stiff, essentially a highly overpaid version of ZaZa - hard pass on him as well. The Kartrashian Kurse is real so no to Tristan Thompson. Chandler and Anderson - HA! Wouldn't take either of those overpriced bums even if a lottery pick was attached (ok maybe if it was a Top 5 unprotected pick Id consider it, otherwise nah)

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/8/2018  6:38 PM
wow...I'm a little surprise at this, but one day we will find out the details of what was said or transpired with JH during that practice, it had to be crazy for you to be willing to eat that 36 mill contract and their probably going to waive baker, thats $40 mill combine...wow

Sources: Knicks still planning to part with veteran center Joakim Noah
6:06 PM ET
Adrian WojnarowskiIan Begley
Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
The New York Knicks remain unlikely to reincorporate exiled center Joakim Noah into the team under new coach David Fizdale and still plan to part ways with the veteran big man before training camp, league sources told ESPN.

EDITOR'S PICKS

5-on-5: Let's talk about the Week 1, Christmas and MLK Day games
Headlined by rivalries and reunions -- and plenty of LeBron -- the league's opening week, Christmas and MLK Day slates won't disappoint. Our panel breaks down the games we're circling on the NBA calendar.

Unless general manager Scott Perry can find a trade that includes Noah, the Knicks will use the NBA's waive-and-stretch provision to release Noah sometime after Sept. 1, league sources said.

Noah, 33, has two years and $37.8 million left on his contract, and waiting until September to stretch it allows the Knicks to spread the balance of his remaining contract into smaller cap hits over the next three years.

After the hiring of Fizdale in June, Knicks management didn't rule out the possibility of Noah rejoining the organization for the 2018-19 season, but that scenario has gained no traction, league sources said.

Perry has been attempting to move Noah since prior to last February's trade deadline, but he has been cautiously unwilling to include the necessary assets -- a good young player, or a future first-round pick or picks -- to make Noah's contract palatable to another team.

Talks continued through the summer, but New York hasn't come close to finding a deal to unload Noah, league sources said. Using the stretch provision after Aug. 31 reduces Noah's cap hit to $6.4 million, saving the team $12.9 million toward the salary cap. Stretching his contract after Sept. 1 costs the Knicks $6.4 million in cap space in the summers of 2020 and 2021.

The $18.5 million salary for 2018-19 still counts toward the Knicks' salary cap, although that number could be reduced if a buyout is agreed upon with Noah, or if New York doesn't waive the set-off in his contract.

Noah and the Knicks separated in February following a heated argument between Noah and ex-coach Jeff Hornacek. The relationship spiraled after Noah and Hornacek had to be separated during a West Coast practice session in late January. Noah became vociferous toward Hornacek in the aftermath of a brief appearance in a Jan. 23 game and engaged the coach verbally in practice the next day.

In the end, that turned out to be the conclusion of Noah's brief tenure with the Knicks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Former Knicks president Phil Jackson signed Noah to a four-year, $72 million free-agent deal in July 2016 with the hope that he could be an anchor for New York's defense.

Noah, a two-time All-Star for the Chicago Bulls and 2014 Defensive Player of the Year, never made an impact with New York. He played 46 games in the 2016-17 season, losing time to various injuries and an arthroscopic surgery on his left knee. In February 2017, the NBA suspended Noah 20 games for taking a banned substance -- a suspension that cost him the first 12 games of the 2017-18 season.

Noah averaged 5 points and 8.8 rebounds in 22.1 minutes per game in his first season in New York. He averaged 1.7 points, 2 rebounds and 5.7 minutes in seven games in the 2017-18 season.

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/8/2018  7:51 PM
knicks1248 wrote:wow...I'm a little surprise at this, but one day we will find out the details of what was said or transpired with JH during that practice, it had to be crazy for you to be willing to eat that 36 mill contract and their probably going to waive baker, thats $40 mill combine...wow

Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
The New York Knicks remain unlikely to reincorporate exiled center Joakim Noah into the team under new coach David Fizdale and still plan to part ways with the veteran big man before training camp, league sources told ESPN.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Headlined by rivalries and reunions -- and plenty of LeBron -- the league's opening week, Christmas and MLK Day slates won't disappoint. Our panel breaks down the games we're circling on the NBA calendar.

Unless general manager Scott Perry can find a trade that includes Noah, the Knicks will use the NBA's waive-and-stretch provision to release Noah sometime after Sept. 1, league sources said.

Noah, 33, has two years and $37.8 million left on his contract, and waiting until September to stretch it allows the Knicks to spread the balance of his remaining contract into smaller cap hits over the next three years.

After the hiring of Fizdale in June, Knicks management didn't rule out the possibility of Noah rejoining the organization for the 2018-19 season, but that scenario has gained no traction, league sources said.

Perry has been attempting to move Noah since prior to last February's trade deadline, but he has been cautiously unwilling to include the necessary assets -- a good young player, or a future first-round pick or picks -- to make Noah's contract palatable to another team.

Talks continued through the summer, but New York hasn't come close to finding a deal to unload Noah, league sources said. Using the stretch provision after Aug. 31 reduces Noah's cap hit to $6.4 million, saving the team $12.9 million toward the salary cap. Stretching his contract after Sept. 1 costs the Knicks $6.4 million in cap space in the summers of 2020 and 2021.

The $18.5 million salary for 2018-19 still counts toward the Knicks' salary cap, although that number could be reduced if a buyout is agreed upon with Noah, or if New York doesn't waive the set-off in his contract.

Noah and the Knicks separated in February following a heated argument between Noah and ex-coach Jeff Hornacek. The relationship spiraled after Noah and Hornacek had to be separated during a West Coast practice session in late January. Noah became vociferous toward Hornacek in the aftermath of a brief appearance in a Jan. 23 game and engaged the coach verbally in practice the next day.

In the end, that turned out to be the conclusion of Noah's brief tenure with the Knicks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Former Knicks president Phil Jackson signed Noah to a four-year, $72 million free-agent deal in July 2016 with the hope that he could be an anchor for New York's defense.

Noah, a two-time All-Star for the Chicago Bulls and 2014 Defensive Player of the Year, never made an impact with New York. He played 46 games in the 2016-17 season, losing time to various injuries and an arthroscopic surgery on his left knee. In February 2017, the NBA suspended Noah 20 games for taking a banned substance -- a suspension that cost him the first 12 games of the 2017-18 season.

Noah averaged 5 points and 8.8 rebounds in 22.1 minutes per game in his first season in New York. He averaged 1.7 points, 2 rebounds and 5.7 minutes in seven games in the 2017-18 season.

Yep. I'd rather they hold off on this until next season. I think having him and Kanter could be good for MitchRob's development. The coaching staff must fear that Noah won't be satisfied simply filling a mentorship role.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq

8/8/2018  8:05 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:wow...I'm a little surprise at this, but one day we will find out the details of what was said or transpired with JH during that practice, it had to be crazy for you to be willing to eat that 36 mill contract and their probably going to waive baker, thats $40 mill combine...wow

Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print

EDITOR'S PICKS

ADVERTISEMENT

Yep. I'd rather they hold off on this until next season. I think having him and Kanter could be good for MitchRob's development. The coaching staff must fear that Noah won't be satisfied simply filling a mentorship role.

I want to see if we can trade him next off-season but part of me thinks it may be better just to purge the rest of the Phil malcontents out of here

Nalod
USA
8/8/2018  8:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/8/2018  8:27 PM

Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print

EDITOR'S PICKS

ADVERTISEMENT

You know whats up, its the Rambis thing? You know, Nobody likes Rambis. I heard a rumor he don't even like himself!!!!
Why surprised, there have been like 100 articles that tell you he is untradeable, and by waiting you can take his last year and spread it to 3.
Would you rather give the minutes to Robinson? I would.
There is not future for him here. Waiting a year won't help his value if he don't play.
Move on, 6.4 on the cap won't be terrible.

NOAH Lands at #1

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy