[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Compliments to Perry and the direction he has the Knicks headed.
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/26/2018  6:26 PM
Really like what Perry has brought to the organization. And the direction we are heading. For the first time in many years it is easy for a fan to see and understand what the FO is focused on. Perry has a clear objective. To Develop Young Talent. He is signing low cost young players, who were highly rated at some point, and will invest the time, money and personnel needed to properly develop them. Big difference from what Dolan has done in years prior. We went from Phil's indecisive rebuilds signing players like Noah, Rose and other old rejects. With a egocentric philosophy placing more importance on personal beliefs rather than long term development and goals. To Perry who has a clear vison to truly rebuild with young talent and long term sights. Think we are in great shape, specially if we get a healthy KP and find a way out of contracts like Noah, Timmy and Lee. Which are moves that I don't feel Perry is a fan of. Was impressed with young signings this summer and, although not the pick I wanted, love Knox. Good job by Perry and his staff in rating this kid higher than some of the other predictable picks. First time in many years I I am excited to renew my annual ticket package.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

7/26/2018  6:53 PM
Interesting thing is that all this has happened in a span of around 12 months!
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/26/2018  7:11 PM
Don't care about the Phil bashing, but I do agree Perry had shown more commitment to youth than I have ever seen on the Knicks. Whether he is truly building to a vision or just collecting pieces, remains to be seen. First we need to see exactly what Fiz can extract this group. And very importantlyif he can keep the same commitment to the youth and doesn't resort to playing the vets IF we found ourselves on the other side of a 3-17 start.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/26/2018  7:17 PM
looks good, but let's be honest, we have been excited about every new GM/COACH/PLAYER/PREZ that we bring in.
I was excited about HOF I T, especially after Layden

I was excited for walsh with all his success in Indi especially after I T.

I was excited about MDA's 3 point 7 secs or less system and all his success coming to NY, especially after the larry brown half court embarrassment

I was excited about Fisher, a guy who was cool with most of the players around the league and was a leader on the court and off

I was excited about Woodson

I was excited about AMARE

I was excited about phil with 12 championship, his system BB Philosophy after so much ISO with woodson

I was excited getting Melo (another goto scorer)and Billups leadership joining AMARE

I was excited when JR chose the knicks when he came back from china.

Im always excited until sht becomes painfully obvious IT AINT WORKING. I understand you would like to get rid of all the veteran contracts, but who will these youngs look up to, who's frank turning to Mudiay and burke. Who's Mitch learning from KORNET? Who's knox turning to Lance?

Growing up with a brother 4/5 yrs older than me, helped me to learn faster then those who didn't have that, some of you can relate

ES
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/26/2018  7:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:looks good, but let's be honest, we have been excited about every new GM/COACH/PLAYER/PREZ that we bring in.

I was excited about MDA's 3 point 7 secs or less system and all his success coming to NY, especially after the larry brown half court embarrassment

I was excited about Fisher, a guy who was cool with most of the players around the league and was a leader on the court and off

I was excited about phil with 12 championship, his system BB Philosophy after so much ISO with woodson

I was excited getting Melo (another goto scorer)and Billups leadership joining AMARE

Im always excited until sht becomes painfully obvious IT AINT WORKING. I understand you would like to get rid of all the veteran contracts, but who will these youngs look up to, who's frank turning to Mudiay and burke. Who's Mitch learning from KORNET? Who's knox turning to Lance?

Growing up with a brother 4/5 yrs older than me, helped me to learn faster then those who didn't have that, some of you can relate

finding a veteran who's a fringe all-star like Al Horford, willing to take on a younger role and teach the youth is not easy. Having someone like Jarrett Jack is great, but truly how much respect does he command in the locker room.

I was excited about IT honestly, but that went south really quick.
Larry Brown, MDA, Fisher, Woodson...all wanted to win now at any cost to save their jobs. There was Dolan...looking over everyone's shoulder ready to strike if you crossed him.

If we have one thing to thank Phil Jackson for, it's that he taught Dolan the merits of a hands off stay away approach. Mills and Perry are reaping the benefits of that.

Do I expect the Knicks to have a decent record this coming season? Of course not. and yet I'm the most optimistic I've ever been in the last 15 years about the future of this franchise. Because from top to bottom, the organization's management seems committed to youth development. As long as that's the case, the future is bright. For the first time in many years, management seems committed to not starphuch the hell out of this roster.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/26/2018  10:25 PM
Perry has been awesome so far. One of the things said about him when he was briefly with the Kings was that he repaired a lot of relationships around the league for the Kings. I think he has done that for the Knicks as well. I think his approach to drafting and pursuing young, former lottery picks has been great. He may have found a guy in Burke already that just needed more seasoning. I thought the approach to scouting before the draft seemed very thorough and I was really impressed with the Knox/Mitchell draft. I think the coaching search was exhaustive and thorough. Good teams have management teams in place that have the same vision as the coach. The Knicks have that now and they were able to hire the most desired coaching free agent at the time. I like that there is a commitment to getting young players to be a part of the future and a commitment to develop guys and have roster continuity.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/27/2018  12:25 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Really like what Perry has brought to the organization. And the direction we are heading. For the first time in many years it is easy for a fan to see and understand what the FO is focused on. Perry has a clear objective. To Develop Young Talent. He is signing low cost young players, who were highly rated at some point, and will invest the time, money and personnel needed to properly develop them. Big difference from what Dolan has done in years prior. We went from Phil's indecisive rebuilds signing players like Noah, Rose and other old rejects. With a egocentric philosophy placing more importance on personal beliefs rather than long term development and goals. To Perry who has a clear vison to truly rebuild with young talent and long term sights. Think we are in great shape, specially if we get a healthy KP and find a way out of contracts like Noah, Timmy and Lee. Which are moves that I don't feel Perry is a fan of. Was impressed with young signings this summer and, although not the pick I wanted, love Knox. Good job by Perry and his staff in rating this kid higher than some of the other predictable picks. First time in many years I I am excited to renew my annual ticket package.

Couldn't agree more!!!

Chandler
Member: #6197

7/27/2018  9:23 AM
My fingers and toes are crossed but personally I'll reserve judgment for now. My concern is implicit in this "rebuild" is that there is a certain amount of hubris and not much evidence of success. At a minimum, we're led to believe that several teams had no idea how to develop a player (who they would have every incentive to develop) but we will, e.g.:

Denver (mudiay)
Charlotte, Portland, Chicago (Vonleh)
Orlando (Hezonja)

As I said I'll hope for the best.

Having said that, it seems there is more success by finding diamonds in rough (or at least non-lottery picks) and developing them into a specific role, then rehabbing lottery busts. Our own experience with Rose, D.Williams, and Beasley is even guys who were at the top of the draft who never translated that promise to NBA success never rehabbed with us or with other teams. I actually struggle to think of a single lottery pick who underwhelmed but then thrived because of a change of scenery

Sorry to be the party pooper

(5)(5)
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
7/27/2018  10:01 AM
Chandler wrote:My fingers and toes are crossed but personally I'll reserve judgment for now. My concern is implicit in this "rebuild" is that there is a certain amount of hubris and not much evidence of success. At a minimum, we're led to believe that several teams had no idea how to develop a player (who they would have every incentive to develop) but we will, e.g.:

Denver (mudiay)
Orlando (Hezonja)

Having said that, it seems there is more success by finding diamonds in rough (or at least non-lottery picks) and developing them into a specific role, then rehabbing lottery busts. Our own experience with Rose, D.Williams, and Beasley is even guys who were at the top of the draft who never translated that promise to NBA success never rehabbed with us or with other teams. I actually struggle to think of a single lottery pick who underwhelmed but then thrived because of a change of scenery

You can't really put Rose in that category...when he was healthy he was the MVP and led the Bulls deep in the playoffs. Beasley had a nice season with us. No you cant expect lottery busts to be all stars, but it's possible to get them to be solid contributors. All 3 you mentioned we have were very low cost/free.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/27/2018  10:19 AM
Chandler wrote:My fingers and toes are crossed but personally I'll reserve judgment for now. My concern is implicit in this "rebuild" is that there is a certain amount of hubris and not much evidence of success. At a minimum, we're led to believe that several teams had no idea how to develop a player (who they would have every incentive to develop) but we will, e.g.:

Denver (mudiay)
Orlando (Hezonja)

Mudiay & Vonleh aren't the faces of the rebuild.

The continual process of developing youth is whats appealing. As the Knicks aren't overspending for any of these assets. This will give the Knicks the flexibility and cap to add more talent overall.

There is no downside to developing draft picks or player development in general. So making the culture all about player development is a sound strategy.

Right now the Knicks are doing what they can because they don't have the cap until next off season. And KP is going to be out for majority of the season. I believe Knicks will start to look to make a hard playoff push next off season. After they add another lotto pick most likely to add to the core. As well as add a high profile FA. Then guys like Vonleh & Mudiay will turn into more ready made pickups.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
7/27/2018  10:27 AM

Denver (mudiay)
Orlando (Hezonja)

I don't think your being a party pooper.

fiz is suppose to be this great development coach, and that's the reason they are going young, unlike fisher and JH, Fiz has sat on the bench and in film rooms for yrs upon yrs, he's paid his dues.

The FO has yet to put together an impressive trade to add better talent or open up cap space, and hasn't gotten a single veteran role player to sign on to the rebuild.

ES
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/27/2018  10:48 AM
I'm just excited to see if Fiz can come in here and demand/require that ALL of our players show up in ELITE physical condition.

Off of that if we have a young squad that scraps/fights every night defensively and is relentless on the boards I will be a happy camper.

I believe thru the ELITE conditioning and the DEFENSIVE/REBOUNDING effort we can start building a culture while also potentially uncovering a couple of diamonds in the rough.

Excited to see 5 to 6 of these new pickups like Knox, Mitch, Mario, Vonleh plus hoping Frank takes a step forward, Mudiay stabilizes his career and I even like the Kadeem Allen pick up because the guy is long and relentless defensively.

Hoping for the best and at the same time hoping for a top 5 pick

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/27/2018  10:57 AM
Yeah, I am reserving my excitement. I am looking forward to the season but this squad can either pleasantly over-achieve and make it a fun and somewhat competitive or they can just be painfully bad and won’t be able to beat anyone.

I’m definitely not saying Perry deserves an award. It seems like he’s off to a good start though. Impossible to really see right now.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

7/27/2018  11:01 AM
Not beating anyone may ultimately be best for this franchise if we can land a top notch pick in 2019 draft while potentially uncovering 3 or 4 of our own youngins to take into future years.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/27/2018  11:14 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Not beating anyone may ultimately be best for this franchise if we can land a top notch pick in 2019 draft while potentially uncovering 3 or 4 of our own youngins to take into future years.

You have a good point but there is a LOT of value in the young guys gaining winning experience. It makes the team look like a desireable place to land for free agents and obviously the young guys learn how to make the team better, via themselves, without KP. That can never be replaced by a great draft pick inless you are getting someone amazing and that’s never guaranteed.

Plus, if they suck and we lose, then we have to look into getting rid of them all anyway and free agents alone make not help.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
BigRedDog
Member: #569
7/27/2018  11:24 AM

Denver (mudiay)
Orlando (Hezonja)

Chauncey Billips for one. Sorry to be the party pooper pooper

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
knicks1248
7/27/2018  11:47 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Not beating anyone may ultimately be best for this franchise if we can land a top notch pick in 2019 draft while potentially uncovering 3 or 4 of our own youngins to take into future years.

If adding young players over and over again was they way to a championship, you would see a lot more franchises go that route.

I lot of you look at GSW and don't realize that they only have 2 lottery picks on their roster (Klay and curry) they didn't go to the lottery yr after yr and San an hasn't a lottery pick since Duncan.

When was the last time a team won a ring that had 4 or 5 lottery picks they drafted..Like NEVER

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/27/2018  12:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

If adding young players over and over again was they way to a championship, you would see a lot more franchises go that route.

I lot of you look at GSW and don't realize that they only have 2 lottery picks on their roster (Klay and curry) they didn't go to the lottery yr after yr and San an hasn't a lottery pick since Duncan.

When was the last time a team won a ring that had 4 or 5 lottery picks they drafted..Like NEVER

Good point and its good not to be a party Pooper. Your a Frank Pooper!!
Moving on.....
GSW did a great job with its core. David Lee was the first to sign on with new owners and was given a lot of cred for being good with the younger guys. Iggy was a major stabling influence on the team. Vets do make a difference.
No two teams and players are alike.
The notion that Fiz and the secret sauce on the young Lottery busts are going to yield greatness is over played. They need fine on diamond of five to be super successful. Keep bringing them in increases your success!! There will be waived players.
Its not faith or Perry loving, its just math.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/27/2018  12:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

After they already drafted Steph and Klay, they then drafted Harrison Barnes with the #7 pick in 2012. They drafted Steph Curry in 2009. Warriors went 26-56, 36-46, 23-43 the 3 years following the Curry draft.

If KP was fully healthy and ready to play the full season. Then I would want KP going into his 4th yr to be able to lead the squad to a low playoff seed. With KP out most of the season if not all. Its a good opportunity to land a top tier lotto pick while being a better team than what you finished.

When Steph Curry played 23 games and Warriors won 23 games and they landed Harrison Barnes with the #7 pick. Klay Thompson didn't lead the Warriors to the playoffs or even a decent record. Yet he still turned out to be a decent player. They were then able to add Curry back with Barnes and Draymond which lead to their first championship run. Having the rookie scale contracts of all these players gave them the cap to land Iggy.

When the Admiral missed the season. Spurs were better than what their record was to land the #1 pick. They add Duncan and the rest is history.

The reward of hitting on that top tier lotto pick to add to this group with KP coming back next year is greater than the risk.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/27/2018  12:32 PM
knicks1248 wrote:looks good, but let's be honest, we have been excited about every new GM/COACH/PLAYER/PREZ that we bring in.

Isiah burned up Toronto and bankrupted the Continental Basketball league. His greed cost merger with NBA to form Dleague.
Melo was good, team was depleted? Billups on last gasp?
JR nobody wanted and with the idiot Chinese haircut?
Woodson?
Amare was a starphuch. We all felt it. We hoped.
Excited for Walsh? I would say relieved after Isiah's stench.
You get excited a lot. Your just an excitable boy........

Compliments to Perry and the direction he has the Knicks headed.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy