[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Why Frazier thinks we should rest kp and tank
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/25/2018  10:04 AM
I'm really surprise at Walt on this.

Every season has been about, OK were not good enough so lets just lose on purpose, is that the CULTURE now

Walt Frazier said the Knicks should become part of one of the NBA’s biggest problems.

Because Kristaps Porzingis is still rehabbing from a torn ACL and expected to miss at least a significant amount of next season, Frazier said the Knicks would be in a far better position to contend in the future if the soon-to-be 23-year-old star isn’t brought back at all this coming season.

“I was taking with the commissioner [Adam Silver], and one of the problems is teams not trying to win … but for the Knicks, it’s the prudent thing to do,” Frazier said, following a press conference Tuesday at Madison Square Garden. “Why risk your franchise player if he’s not ready?”

Frazier said it would be best to give Porzingis more time to recover from the serious injury, then have him return in time for the beginning of the 2019-2020 season, when he could be paired with another high draft pick. If the Knicks allow Porzingis to play this season, they could potentially pick up meaningless, late-season wins and fall further back in the draft lottery.

Porzingis’ timetable to return is uncertain, but the star forward isn’t expected to be available to play until around Christmas. By then, the Knicks are projected to be heading toward their sixth straight season without a playoff berth.

But if new coach David Fizdale crafts an early-season miracle without the team’s best player, the Knicks still could bring Porzingis back for the stretch run.

“The situation should dictate itself,” Frazier said. “If they’re not in the playoff [race], they’ll probably look to hold him out. If they got a chance, they’ll bring him back.”

Until Porzingis returns, rookie Kevin Knox will take the spotlight, hoping to build off a strong summer-league debut.

“I thought he looked pretty good,” Frazier said. “He’s got a good offensive repertoire. Almost like KP, he’s very precocious, said all the right things. He’s pretty impressive on and off the court.”

2019 is expected to be one of the best FA classes since 2010, that's 9 years if your counting correctly, which means times like this don't happen to often.

The knicks need to hope and pray that KP is back quicker than anyone could imgaine, because he is their biggest selling point to any All star FA, and you need to know if he's worth a massive future investment, considering his miss a good amount of time every yr his been in the league.

ES
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

7/25/2018  10:14 AM
Knicks have never tanked on purpose. However i agree rushing KP back would be stupid. Im hoping he gets some games in so he can build back his strength,endurance,and knock some rust off. No matter what i think free agents will be interested since we have a lot of good young talent along with another lottery pick next year
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/25/2018  10:18 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Knicks have never tanked on purpose. However i agree rushing KP back would be stupid. Im hoping he gets some games in so he can build back his strength,endurance,and knock some rust off. No matter what i think free agents will be interested since we have a lot of good young talent along with another lottery pick next year

I agree. If he is ready, getting him some games in meaningless (or meaningful) games will be excellent, and give us a chance to figure out what kind of player we're about to throw max money at.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/25/2018  10:26 AM
all Clyde is saying is play it straight. Dont rush KP back. If the Knicks are terrible dont run KP out there to win games. Get his legs under him and treat his NBA return like part of rehab. IF the Knicks are in the playoff hunt and playing better than most though than KP comes back and joins the mix. This should not require much thought
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
LegendD
Member: #8653
Latvia
7/25/2018  10:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2018  11:02 AM
knicks1248
7/25/2018  10:53 AM
Does KP deserve a Max contract, I'm looking at things from a steph curry/GSW prospective. They refuse to give curry a max offer after his rookie contract because of consistent ankle injuries. They played it smart and offered him a reasonable deal.

I'm not sure you can go to Janis and say here's a 2 yr deal for your boy, take it or leave it. I really wouldn't go beyond that..It's too risky.

I think with this coaching staff should get 35 to 40 wins(barring any major injuries to anyone else) , nothing less.

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/25/2018  11:24 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Does KP deserve a Max contract, I'm looking at things from a steph curry/GSW prospective. They refuse to give curry a max offer after his rookie contract because of consistent ankle injuries. They played it smart and offered him a reasonable deal.

I'm not sure you can go to Janis and say here's a 2 yr deal for your boy, take it or leave it. I really wouldn't go beyond that..It's too risky.

I think with this coaching staff should get 35 to 40 wins(barring any major injuries to anyone else) , nothing less.

Lots of stars have dealt with big injuries, early in their careers. Only one thing would give me pause about the Knicks giving KP the max. That would be another serious injury between the time KP comes back, and the end of his rookie deal. Otherwise, hope KP is here long term.

If Knox and Robinson pan out (looking good in that dept) KP wont have to shoulder as much of the offense in the coming years. And we'll be adding some big FAs, at sone point down the road. More can be done to keep KP healthy enough for a future playoff run.

knicks1248
7/25/2018  11:59 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Does KP deserve a Max contract, I'm looking at things from a steph curry/GSW prospective. They refuse to give curry a max offer after his rookie contract because of consistent ankle injuries. They played it smart and offered him a reasonable deal.

Lots of stars have dealt with big injuries, early in their careers. Only one thing would give me pause about the Knicks giving KP the max. That would be another serious injury between the time KP comes back, and the end of his rookie deal. Otherwise, hope KP is here long term.

If Knox and Robinson pan out (looking good in that dept) KP wont have to shoulder as much of the offense in the coming years. And we'll be adding some big FAs, at sone point down the road. More can be done to keep KP healthy enough for a future playoff run.

In a perfect world this sounds good, but history has shown a different story. JUSTt remember, we can't be so bad that we look unattractive and dysfunction, like you can't lose 55 games and think guys are going to look good doing it.

It also seems like a lot of things phil question about KP is becoming a legit concerns

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/25/2018  12:05 PM

40 wins? Knicks big offseason acquisition were teenagers and you think they should win 10-15 more games than they did last year? Why?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/25/2018  12:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2018  12:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

In a perfect world this sounds good, but history has shown a different story. JUSTt remember, we can't be so bad that we look unattractive and dysfunction, like you can't lose 55 games and think guys are going to look good doing it.

It also seems like a lot of things phil question about KP is becoming a legit concerns

In a perfect world, no player has serious injuries. Appears KP is taking his conditioning to the next level. If KP can avoid another serious injury, and is producing. Anything less than the max, and Im pretty sure he walks.

FAs see our rooks shining, KP healthy, and playing like an all-star.Fizdale getting the most out of his players given the current state of the roster.I see the Knicks getting their share of legitimate interest from quality FAs.

knicks1248
7/25/2018  1:44 PM
LegendD wrote:

I really like KP a lot man, i hope he comes back better than ever, he has a great personality, and he is a winner mentality.

With the right players and coaching staff around him, he's potential is through the roof

ES
knicks1248
7/25/2018  1:48 PM
fishmike wrote:

40 wins? Knicks big offseason acquisition were teenagers and you think they should win 10-15 more games than they did last year? Why?

when your replacing beaesly with knox

JH with Fiz

Jack with burke

and Mitch with KOQ..

but the coaching staff is really what I'm banking on..

you think JH and rambust could have taken BOSTONs roster as far is it went?

ES
knicks1248
7/25/2018  1:49 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

In a perfect world, no player has serious injuries. Appears KP is taking his conditioning to the next level. If KP can avoid another serious injury, and is producing. Anything less than the max, and Im pretty sure he walks.

FAs see our rooks shining, KP healthy, and playing like an all-star.Fizdale getting the most out of his players given the current state of the roster.I see the Knicks getting their share of legitimate interest from quality FAs.

That's what I'm thinking.

That's not tanking

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2018  1:57 PM
knicks1248 wrote:I'm really surprise at Walt on this.

Every season has been about, OK were not good enough so lets just lose on purpose, is that the CULTURE now

Walt Frazier said the Knicks should become part of one of the NBA’s biggest problems.

Because Kristaps Porzingis is still rehabbing from a torn ACL and expected to miss at least a significant amount of next season, Frazier said the Knicks would be in a far better position to contend in the future if the soon-to-be 23-year-old star isn’t brought back at all this coming season.

“I was taking with the commissioner [Adam Silver], and one of the problems is teams not trying to win … but for the Knicks, it’s the prudent thing to do,” Frazier said, following a press conference Tuesday at Madison Square Garden. “Why risk your franchise player if he’s not ready?”

Frazier said it would be best to give Porzingis more time to recover from the serious injury, then have him return in time for the beginning of the 2019-2020 season, when he could be paired with another high draft pick. If the Knicks allow Porzingis to play this season, they could potentially pick up meaningless, late-season wins and fall further back in the draft lottery.

Porzingis’ timetable to return is uncertain, but the star forward isn’t expected to be available to play until around Christmas. By then, the Knicks are projected to be heading toward their sixth straight season without a playoff berth.

But if new coach David Fizdale crafts an early-season miracle without the team’s best player, the Knicks still could bring Porzingis back for the stretch run.

“The situation should dictate itself,” Frazier said. “If they’re not in the playoff [race], they’ll probably look to hold him out. If they got a chance, they’ll bring him back.”

Until Porzingis returns, rookie Kevin Knox will take the spotlight, hoping to build off a strong summer-league debut.

“I thought he looked pretty good,” Frazier said. “He’s got a good offensive repertoire. Almost like KP, he’s very precocious, said all the right things. He’s pretty impressive on and off the court.”

2019 is expected to be one of the best FA classes since 2010, that's 9 years if your counting correctly, which means times like this don't happen to often.The knicks need to hope and pray that KP is back quicker than anyone could imgaine, because he is their biggest selling point to any All star FA, and you need to know if he's worth a massive future investment, considering his miss a good amount of time every yr his been in the league.

That's some profound Trump like statement right there!
1. You can count to 10 and you know that 9 comes after 8, but before 10.
2. its moronic because your saying the best class since 2010, but obvious it takes a few years to sort that out. 4-5 years to look back and make fair evaluation?
Whats equally moronic is you could have 2 good classes in three years. There is not repeatable probability.

Knicks are ahead of you. They are drafting young blue chip players and they will likely play. So its not like we are making a false run.
Im glad you can verify counting correctly.

knicks1248
7/25/2018  3:58 PM
Nalod wrote:

2019 is expected to be one of the best FA classes since 2010, that's 9 years if your counting correctly, which means times like this don't happen to often.The knicks need to hope and pray that KP is back quicker than anyone could imgaine, because he is their biggest selling point to any All star FA, and you need to know if he's worth a massive future investment, considering his miss a good amount of time every yr his been in the league.

2. its moronic because your saying the best class since 2010, but obvious it takes a few years to sort that out. 4-5 years to look back and make fair evaluation?
Whats equally moronic is you could have 2 good classes in three years. There is not repeatable probability.

Knicks are ahead of you. They are drafting young blue chip players and they will likely play. So its not like we are making a false run.

I see you didn't take your meds today

ES
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2018  4:00 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I see you didn't take your meds today

Deflection is a sign of weakness.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
7/25/2018  6:41 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:

when your replacing beaesly with knox

JH with Fiz

Jack with burke

and Mitch with KOQ..

but the coaching staff is really what I'm banking on..

you think JH and rambust could have taken BOSTONs roster as far is it went?

Not sure why you think Knox in his rookie year will outperform Beasley and Robinson, who might spend most of this season in the G league will contribute more than KOQ. Can you elaborate?

Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/25/2018  8:28 PM
LegendD wrote:

why the hell is that scar so big!! I have had ACL surgery...scar wasn't that big and you have to continually keep rubbing it, it eventually goes away.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/25/2018  8:38 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
LegendD wrote:

why the hell is that scar so big!! I have had ACL surgery...scar wasn't that big and you have to continually keep rubbing it, it eventually goes away.

for me: why the hell is the scar off to the side of the knee. I think he had Patella Tendon replacement for his ACL and it usually comes from the middle of the patella, right down the middle. Very strange, never seen it this way

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/25/2018  9:02 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
LegendD wrote:

for me: why the hell is the scar off to the side of the knee. I think he had Patella Tendon replacement for his ACL and it usually comes from the middle of the patella, right down the middle. Very strange, never seen it this way

Didn't realize it was patellar tendon...that is definitely a good thing, that is stronger, but...it takes longer to get back to full range of mobility and strength. I think we can pretty much rule him out for all of next season.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Why Frazier thinks we should rest kp and tank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy