martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/24/2018  6:01 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. Another former lottery pick that is in his early twenties. Nice.

just what we need, another Noah

Some speculation on twitter that this means a Lee trade is coming soon. Just speculation.

I think it just means we’re stretching j. Noah in September

Why? You don't gain ANYTHING from stretching Noah until the next move of filling his cap space is determined. In fact, you handcuff youself

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/24/2018  6:07 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Wow. Another former lottery pick that is in his early twenties. Nice.
Some speculation on twitter that this means a Lee trade is coming soon. Just speculation.
I think it just means we're stretching j. Noah in September
Why? You don't gain ANYTHING from stretching Noah until the next move of filling his cap space is determined. In fact, you handcuff youself

You gain one roster spot

meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

7/24/2018  6:10 PM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You gain one roster spot

You mean we would cut him after stretching him?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/24/2018  6:44 PM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

unless they don’t want him near the young players. They think he is poisonous he has to go. I don’t want that lazy waste of cap space eating our cap space for 5 years but if there is a chance he infects the lockeroom with the stench of his rotting game, cut him
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
7/24/2018  6:47 PM
seems like a scrub, but it's a free look.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
7/24/2018  7:03 PM
Another long guy with AA that they've added to the squad. Nice.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/24/2018  8:50 PM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You gain one roster spot

Thanks captain obvious. You can do that to any number of players on the team without also incurring a $6M cap hit for 3 years.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/24/2018  9:08 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/24/2018  9:09 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/24/2018  10:41 PM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You gain one roster spot

Thanks captain obvious. You can do that to any number of players on the team without also incurring a $6M cap hit for 3 years.

It's like some ppl don't understand that, and i think it's a little more than 6, it's more like 8 or 9 mill.

ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/25/2018  4:28 AM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I'd rather not stretch him at this point, but I get the impression the Knicks will just based on their comments on him this offseason.

Ira
Member: #91
7/25/2018  6:01 AM
This signing gives me hope that the Knicks brass are sincere about playing better defense.
blkexec
Member: #748
7/25/2018  9:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2018  9:44 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2113354-how-noah-vonleh-can-become-charlotte-hornets-next-star-player

Vonleh projects as a defensive stopper because of his 7'4" wingspan, good for second-longest at the combine. It helped him average a nice 1.4 blocks per game at Indiana.

Vonleh also measured out to have the second-biggest hands in the history of the combine. Package all that with a 37-inch vertical and Vonleh becomes one of the most complete athletic specimens at power forward this game has ever seen.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/25/2018  9:55 AM
smackeddog wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I'd rather not stretch him at this point, but I get the impression the Knicks will just based on their comments on him this offseason.

same. if they want to straight up waive him, great. but I think I'd rather see if there is anyway to rehab his value. I don't think there's any way to get much for him, but I do think if he shows a pulse another team might talk themselves into giving up a second or something for a former DPOY

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/25/2018  10:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2018  10:45 AM
blkexec wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2113354-how-noah-vonleh-can-become-charlotte-hornets-next-star-player

Vonleh projects as a defensive stopper because of his 7'4" wingspan, good for second-longest at the combine. It helped him average a nice 1.4 blocks per game at Indiana.

Vonleh also measured out to have the second-biggest hands in the history of the combine. Package all that with a 37-inch vertical and Vonleh becomes one of the most complete athletic specimens at power forward this game has ever seen.

Just watched +15 min pre-draft strength/weakness video on Vonleh put together by I believe M-Schmitz (Draft Express at the time).

If you watch -- he is very Wendell Carter-esque and IMO just looking purely at that particular video I would have thought he looked superior to Carter offensively. Video did nice job on his weaknesses as well.

I think there is still something to work with on a kid like this -- never know if Fiz/staff with minute opportunity can find a few diamonds.

homeskillitprigioni
Member: #4507

7/25/2018  12:01 PM
Glad it's just a 1 year deal.

Not really a fan of this dude. He's always been a guy that people have been intrigued by because of his physical tools but he's never produced anywhere, including college. He's an athlete, just not a good basketball player.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/25/2018  12:21 PM
how does he fit the triangle?
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/25/2018  2:08 PM
homeskillitprigioni wrote:Glad it's just a 1 year deal.

Not really a fan of this dude. He's always been a guy that people have been intrigued by because of his physical tools but he's never produced anywhere, including college. He's an athlete, just not a good basketball player.

If you look at video above - it notes he was #1 rebounder out of top 100 in their database.

Plus his rebounds per minute #s I believe have been very strong during his career.

So he at least brings a rebounding skill -- something outside of Kanter we are very weak at.

Also looking at the video and some other clips -- can actually put the ball on the floor a bit ---- though obviously he hasn't been any kind of success.

So tough to judge these super young kids (18 when drafted and what the wrong situation can do to there confidence)....hoping for the best.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/25/2018  2:32 PM
KNicks are very confident in Craig Robinson and his secret sauce. That with fiz in the fold makes for an interesting study.
Its We are collecting lottery picks as if we simply drafted badly the last few years, or in actuality drafted according to the odds.
Even the best scouts get things wroing.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/25/2018  8:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/25/2018  8:25 PM
draft express video states questionable IQ. my guess is practice fodder. i cant see him any kind of impact. also...is he better than troy williams...if not, then why cut troy? only thing i'll say is that he has a good jump hook shot
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
knicks signing Vonleh? Really

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy