[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Poll of three(3) NY Knicks Worst Francise changing NBA trade/misses ever:

Author Poll
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

QUESTION Is:
Which is WORST deals Or failed NYK deals ? which affected Knicks every winning title again to date. Between 1973 and 2017.

This Francise changed after 2 NBA NYK titles 1970 & 1973 NBA titles, Or 3 NBA Finals appearances within 4 straight yrs 1969/70 thru 1973
and also changed again before the Patrick Ewing #1 pick draft 1985 and after Ewing departed the organization to Sonics & Magic.

Footnote: Knicks/Denver deal NYK 6 players deal Carmello, NYK giving up 2014,2016 1st rnd pcks, GS Warriors 2nd rnd 2012,2013 picks & sending Danilo, Chandler, Mozgov & Felton to Denver.

Footnote: NYK org Failed chance to draft Scottie Pippen #5th pick(87) & Pat Ewing playing together, during BULLs MJ era:
Betcha' Whom NYK Fan didn't know ? that

1987 NBA DRAFT: 1st round
1 SA David Robinson Navy
2 Phoe Armon Gilliam Nevada-Las Vegas
3 NJ Dennis Hopson Ohio State
4 LAC Reggie Williams Georgetown
5 Sea Scottie Pippen Central Arkansas

Footnote: 2002 McDyess deals to NY involved & 1998/9 Fredrick Weiss #15 pick are wash since the injured players had NO impacts then Ron Artest would have never played with MJordan. Artest would have only his rookie season to play in Ewing's injured last NY yr. 1999/2000.

My answer is easy!
no. 2, Pippen deal where we'd have great opportunity to turn Michael Jordans 6-0 NBA titles to atmost at least 5-1
if Scottie paired with Patrick as Knickerbocker.

Yes Hindsight ..but again Knicks management in those mid late years 1980s then 1990's mid years were not building around
Patrick Ewing since 1985 charmed #1 Pick draft out of Georgetown.
*Sigh ..

NYK 6 players deal Carmello, NYK giving up 2014,2016 1st rnd pcks, GS Warriors 2nd rnd 2012,2013 picks & sending Danilo, Chandler, Mozgov & Felton to Denver.
Failed chance for Scottie Pippen(87) & Pat Ewing playing together, during MJ era: Betcha' Whom NYK Fan didn't know ? that eh?
Knicks trade June 2002, Camby, Mark Jackson & 7th pick Nene to Denver for Antonio McDyess
View Results

Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/14/2018  12:19 PM
BUt if Tucker was great, we don't get ewing?
but really, in hindsight if we didn't take Trent Tucker, who did we wiff on drafted in that range?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_NBA_draft
AUTOADVERT
ThePunisher
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8671

8/14/2018  2:25 PM
Easily the Dyse deal.

Melo was a high level All Star and you have to break the bank when they become available.

Pippen wasn't projected to be what he became at the time.

The McDyess deal was AWFUL. Although I'd argue the Eddy Curry deal was the worst of all time. I remember WHERE I was at work when I heard it over the radio. I remember all the misplaced positivity - "well we finally got our Center."

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/14/2018  3:45 PM
Nalod wrote:BUt if Tucker was great, we don't get ewing?
but really, in hindsight if we didn't take Trent Tucker, who did we wiff on drafted in that range?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_NBA_draft

Fat Lever, Sleepy Floyd and Ricky Pierce. To be fair, a lot of teams whiffed in that draft. It tells you how far scouting has come. I'm surprised teams managed to get the first three picks right, only to screw up so badly the rest of the draft.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
bernard
Member: #475
8/14/2018  6:06 PM
To me, the worst was the Andrea Bargnani trade, just because it was so obviously idiotic from the very moment it was announced.
Every team misses draft picks. You can play woulda/coulda after the fact with every draft. We weren't the only ones who missed on Larry Bird or Scottie Pippen ... or Donovan Mitchell or Karl Malone, etc. Hopefully we got a couple who others will be bemoaning not drafting this year!
The Curry trade obviously turned out horrendously, but there was some reasoning behind it. League was center dominated at the time. Taking a risk on a big, skilled kid who had showed some scoring punch and had great physical tools ... well, it obviously didn't work out, and most observers had some real concerns at the time, but you could make the case at the time that if you were going to swing for the fences on a trade, doing it for a very young 5 had some logic.
Bargnani though. They just hated him in Toronto. Fans, players, coaches -- everyone. Because he was soft and didn't give a ****. Why we gave up a first (which turned out to be a key to Toronto getting Kawhi) as well as 2 second round picks to take on that bum's salary ... well it still pisses me off. Just incredibly stupid.
JesseDark
Member: #467
8/14/2018  9:20 PM
ThePunisher wrote:Easily the Dyse deal.

Melo was a high level All Star and you have to break the bank when they become available.

The McDyess deal was AWFUL. Although I'd argue the Eddy Curry deal was the worst of all time. I remember WHERE I was at work when I heard it over the radio. I remember all the misplaced positivity - "well we finally got our Center."

I remember screaming at the TV too. We should have just taken NeNe and walked away. We really got bamboozled in that one. KiKi Vandawhee was the Denver GM at the time.

Bring back dee-fense
ThePunisher
Member: #8671

8/14/2018  11:51 PM
JesseDark wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:Easily the Dyse deal.

I remember screaming at the TV too. We should have just taken NeNe and walked away. We really got bamboozled in that one. KiKi Vandawhee was the Denver GM at the time.

It's crazy, and sickening, to look back at how many draft rights for All-Stars and MVP candidates the Knicks have given up

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/15/2018  9:18 AM
Knixkik wrote:Melo deal isn't even in the conversation. It produced our most successful run of the 2000s, so there is still, and always will be, a debate to whether or not that deal was worth it. The Eddy Curry deal stands out to me as the biggest disaster. It set us back many years. The Bargnani deal was really bad too. The only reason so many hate the Melo deal is because some want to prove it was a disaster, despite the short-term success it produced and lack of development out of the players traded. While it wasn't a home run, it was far from the disaster of some others.

This.

Yeah, I hated sweeping what was left of the Celtics and going to the second round of the playoffs, didn't you? Really grim times.
And it's amazing that with the exception of Wilson Chandler, the only list Moz and Gallo turn up on is the Top 10 Worst Contracts in the NBA. But lets forget all that and please, PLEASE somebody post something about losing HOF Jeremy Lin to Houston for nothing.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/15/2018  10:11 AM
jrodmc wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Melo deal isn't even in the conversation. It produced our most successful run of the 2000s, so there is still, and always will be, a debate to whether or not that deal was worth it. The Eddy Curry deal stands out to me as the biggest disaster. It set us back many years. The Bargnani deal was really bad too. The only reason so many hate the Melo deal is because some want to prove it was a disaster, despite the short-term success it produced and lack of development out of the players traded. While it wasn't a home run, it was far from the disaster of some others.

This.

Yeah, I hated sweeping what was left of the Celtics and going to the second round of the playoffs, didn't you? Really grim times.
And it's amazing that with the exception of Wilson Chandler, the only list Moz and Gallo turn up on is the Top 10 Worst Contracts in the NBA. But lets forget all that and please, PLEASE somebody post something about losing HOF Jeremy Lin to Houston for nothing.

Thats all we got in 7 years. And do you remember what happened? Sweep? Nope. They were up 3-0 and then dressed in black for the "funeral" to end Bostons run with Garnett and Pierce. Boston won the next two games and the knicks. Instead of finishing off a wounded warrior they clowned and awoke a sleeping giant.
Statistically Melo had a great series. By the time they Met Indy they were fried. Melo hurt his shoulder and JR got indignant which is what he does under pressure.
It was a fun season that retired Kurt, Kidd, RashWeed, K-Mart and Camby. Kurt and Rashweed never made it to the playoffs.

Melo had a great year. Father time crept up. The next season the team was already in place when Grunwald was fired IN OCTOBER. MIlls was incharge until March when Phil was hired. It was a 37 win season and some how some harp that we broke up a good thing. Bargnani was supposed to fill in the gap.
In retrospect the obvious is Phil should have let Melo walk but with just one pick in the next three drafts we at least had a "Star" willing to stay. Rose was a good gamble and Noah was a false concept but PHil was trying to at least stay reasonable for two years until we could get youthier.

Melo trade synopsis? It was a draw. I doubt Gallo, Mozzy and Wilson would have retired as knicks and perhaps the melo deal prevented us from Deron Williams so in the end it was fair for both Knicks and Denver. Both had one great season and in parallel fell afterwards.

Knicks did not sweep Celtics and then lost to a lower seed. Knicks had a great finish to get the 2nd seed in the east in part to Melo's top 5 mvp season but we cooked getting there.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/15/2018  2:13 PM
To me the worst move has to be never pairing King with Ewing.
Poll of three(3) NY Knicks Worst Francise changing NBA trade/misses ever:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy