[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Poll of three(3) NY Knicks Worst Francise changing NBA trade/misses ever:

Author Poll
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

QUESTION Is:
Which is WORST deals Or failed NYK deals ? which affected Knicks every winning title again to date. Between 1973 and 2017.

This Francise changed after 2 NBA NYK titles 1970 & 1973 NBA titles, Or 3 NBA Finals appearances within 4 straight yrs 1969/70 thru 1973
and also changed again before the Patrick Ewing #1 pick draft 1985 and after Ewing departed the organization to Sonics & Magic.

Footnote: Knicks/Denver deal NYK 6 players deal Carmello, NYK giving up 2014,2016 1st rnd pcks, GS Warriors 2nd rnd 2012,2013 picks & sending Danilo, Chandler, Mozgov & Felton to Denver.

Footnote: NYK org Failed chance to draft Scottie Pippen #5th pick(87) & Pat Ewing playing together, during BULLs MJ era:
Betcha' Whom NYK Fan didn't know ? that

1987 NBA DRAFT: 1st round
1 SA David Robinson Navy
2 Phoe Armon Gilliam Nevada-Las Vegas
3 NJ Dennis Hopson Ohio State
4 LAC Reggie Williams Georgetown
5 Sea Scottie Pippen Central Arkansas

Footnote: 2002 McDyess deals to NY involved & 1998/9 Fredrick Weiss #15 pick are wash since the injured players had NO impacts then Ron Artest would have never played with MJordan. Artest would have only his rookie season to play in Ewing's injured last NY yr. 1999/2000.

My answer is easy!
no. 2, Pippen deal where we'd have great opportunity to turn Michael Jordans 6-0 NBA titles to atmost at least 5-1
if Scottie paired with Patrick as Knickerbocker.

Yes Hindsight ..but again Knicks management in those mid late years 1980s then 1990's mid years were not building around
Patrick Ewing since 1985 charmed #1 Pick draft out of Georgetown.
*Sigh ..

NYK 6 players deal Carmello, NYK giving up 2014,2016 1st rnd pcks, GS Warriors 2nd rnd 2012,2013 picks & sending Danilo, Chandler, Mozgov & Felton to Denver.
Failed chance for Scottie Pippen(87) & Pat Ewing playing together, during MJ era: Betcha' Whom NYK Fan didn't know ? that eh?
Knicks trade June 2002, Camby, Mark Jackson & 7th pick Nene to Denver for Antonio McDyess
View Results

Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/23/2018  2:07 PM
I will never forget the Dyess trade. I am a teacher so the draft kind of kicks off my summer. I was on my way to a draft party when they started reporting rumors of the trade on the radio. It ruined my night and was at least part of the reason for a run of many lost years for the franchise.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

7/23/2018  7:35 PM
Didn't we pick Michael Ray Richardson or Kenny Walker ahead of Larry ****ing Bird? That has to be the worst decision ever.
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
7/23/2018  8:18 PM
NardDogNation wrote:Didn't we pick Michael Ray Richardson or Kenny Walker ahead of Larry ****ing Bird? That has to be the worst decision ever.

Bird was draft eligible as a junior. Most teams and fans didn't really know that or who Bird was. Bird exploded as a senior. Great move by Auerbach. We picked Richardson. Learn some history before posting this stuff HardDog

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/23/2018  8:20 PM
NardDogNation wrote:Didn't we pick Michael Ray Richardson or Kenny Walker ahead of Larry ****ing Bird? That has to be the worst decision ever.

Larry Bird was drafted and Celtics waited a year for him. Weird rule back then. He blew up his senior year at age 23.
If Michael Ray, take the blow out and the guy was amazing.
NardDogNation

7/23/2018  8:29 PM
BigRedDog wrote:

Bird was draft eligible as a junior. Most teams and fans didn't really know that or who Bird was. Bird exploded as a senior. Great move by Auerbach. We picked Richardson. Learn some history before posting this stuff HardDog

What bearing does any of that have on the fact that we passed on a top 50 player of all-time? And why are you usually a dickhead in your responses?

NardDogNation

7/23/2018  8:39 PM
Nalod wrote:

Larry Bird was drafted and Celtics waited a year for him. Weird rule back then. He blew up his senior year at age 23.

How does any of that change the fact that we passed on a player that became one of the best ever?

sidsanders
Member: #2426

7/23/2018  11:02 PM
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:

How does any of that change the fact that we passed on a player that became one of the best ever?

check out what went down though, pacers had the 1-1, traded it cuz they were not able to get bird to sign/leave college. all the teams before the knicks picked bailed for what seems to be similar reasons, failed attempts to get him to leave college. celtics took the chance he wouldnt enter the 79 draft. my view would be you cant kill the knicks for that. that would have been a huge gamble where they could have picked bird, and he may have not signed and he goes into the 79 draft.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/24/2018  5:31 AM
Eddy Curry has to be one of the worst.
Sign and trade 6-yrs, $56M to the Knicks for a bunch of guys that were cut, the 2006 #2 pick, 2017 #9 pick (swap) and 2 second rounders.
Did i mention the Bulls didn't want him back because it was known that he had a heart condition? What wasn't known was that he would develop a 6 year vagina injury.

Mirror test? This Bulls site calls it the greatest trade ever: https://www.google.fr/amp/s/www.blogabull.com/platform/amp/2012/8/22/3261661/best-trade-ever-the-eddy-curry-deal-paxsons-pantsing-of-isiah-thomas

Panos
7/24/2018  5:32 AM
Sorry https://www.google.fr/amp/s/www.blogabull.com/platform/amp/2012/8/22/3261661/best-trade-ever-the-eddy-curry-deal-paxsons-pantsing-of-isiah-thomas
Panos
7/24/2018  5:43 AM
Isiah Thomas himself might have been the worst signing ever. It cascaded into a whole series of terrible trades/contracts: Jerome James, Eddy Curry, MoT, broken down Jalen Rose, broken down Steve Francis, Jared Jeffries, all at twice the money they were worth at the time, or more.
Excuse me, i just barfed.
Nalod
USA
7/24/2018  7:23 AM
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Have to look at the moment the decision was made and relevancy of the facts.
For now, Porter JR looks like knicks make a good decision based on the fact he needs a second back operations and Knox presented himself as such. In 5 years if Porter becomes the next Great gernerational player we might say “How could knicks have passed on him”?

Bird was taken as a junior then he had an amazing senior year.
Also look at Michael Ray as a rookie and what he was doing. He might have been better than Magic Johnson.

Nalod
USA
7/24/2018  7:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2018  9:39 AM
Panos wrote:Eddy Curry has to be one of the worst.
Sign and trade 6-yrs, $56M to the Knicks for a bunch of guys that were cut, the 2006 #2 pick, 2017 #9 pick (swap) and 2 second rounders.
Did i mention the Bulls didn't want him back because it was known that he had a heart condition? What wasn't known was that he would develop a 6 year vagina injury.

Mirror test? This Bulls site calls it the greatest trade ever: https://www.google.fr/amp/s/www.blogabull.com/platform/amp/2012/8/22/3261661/best-trade-ever-the-eddy-curry-deal-paxsons-pantsing-of-isiah-thomas

I’d have to say this one might take the cake. Pippen was Pippen because of the team he was on. Great player no doubt but in a different situation with a coach that does not play him at "point forward" doe he get the opportunity? At 6-8 is he told to bulk up and be a PW? He was guarding PG's instead at times!!!
My point is if Knicks take him back in that era we'd have traded him as he might not have evolved.
Eddy was so bad he made the team worse which created value for the Bulls. That's how bad that trade was. It was awful on multiple levels.
Its up there with McHale/Parrish for Joe Barry Carrol!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/13/2018  9:34 AM

This. Just for sheer waste of time and pointless drama, nothing beats Eddy Curry on the Knicks.

Isaiah's entire Knick tenure statement: getting pantsed by Paxson. LMAO

Cartman718
Member: #1694

8/13/2018  10:52 AM
Thread title: Poll of three(3) NY Knicks Worst Francise changing NBA trade/misses ever

Answer: How in the world do you limit yourself to 3?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/13/2018  4:45 PM
Just the collection of trades was bad. It’s not like the Marbury deal lead to us going anywhere either. We gave up so much for Melo and Marbury and Curry and McDyess and got nowhere with them.

Maybe we can get together for the season opener and hve a toast to not ever having to do a trade like any of those, ever again.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
8/13/2018  4:56 PM
Pippen was bad not because of him, but that any trade that does not elevate to wins and does little or worse to create what became the 5th pick.
Fact is we might not have drafted Pippen.

BUt if this is the criteria then the eddy trade was twice as bad. Nothing comes close.
Isiah gets the award.

QnzKnickerbocker87
Member: #8670

8/13/2018  5:14 PM
How could this poll not include the infamous Eddy Curry trade?
QnzKnickerbocker87
Member: #8670

8/13/2018  5:15 PM

Quoted for truth and emphasis

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/14/2018  10:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/14/2018  10:35 AM
Melo deal isn't even in the conversation. It produced our most successful run of the 2000s, so there is still, and always will be, a debate to whether or not that deal was worth it. The Eddy Curry deal stands out to me as the biggest disaster. It set us back many years. The Bargnani deal was really bad too. The only reason so many hate the Melo deal is because some want to prove it was a disaster, despite the short-term success it produced and lack of development out of the players traded. While it wasn't a home run, it was far from the disaster of some others.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/14/2018  11:55 AM
Nalod wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Have to look at the moment the decision was made and relevancy of the facts.
For now, Porter JR looks like knicks make a good decision based on the fact he needs a second back operations and Knox presented himself as such. In 5 years if Porter becomes the next Great gernerational player we might say “How could knicks have passed on him”?

Bird was taken as a junior then he had an amazing senior year.
Also look at Michael Ray as a rookie and what he was doing. He might have been better than Magic Johnson.

Yeah, Michael Ray was the truth by all accounts. Maybe the Knicks pass if scouting was advanced as it was today. This was an understandable miss. Wasn't as bad as the top time we burned our lottery pick on Trent Tucker in 1982.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Poll of three(3) NY Knicks Worst Francise changing NBA trade/misses ever:

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy