[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

K.W. Article: Knicks Could Fulfill Contender Status by Realizing Homegrown Talent, Not Selling Out for Prestigious Free Agent
Author Thread
knickstorrents
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
7/29/2018  1:16 AM
Agree with the topic, lets stay the course and grow our youth. Why should we cap ourselves out when we aren't ready yet? Makes no sense and Jimmy Butler, Kyrie, even KD aren't that enticing to me. I'd rather grow from within.
Rose is not the answer.
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/29/2018  2:00 AM
knickstorrents wrote:Agree with the topic, lets stay the course and grow our youth. Why should we cap ourselves out when we aren't ready yet? Makes no sense and Jimmy Butler, Kyrie, even KD aren't that enticing to me. I'd rather grow from within.

I agree. I probably am too optimistic but I think Knox; KP, and Robinson are the big 3. I would trade Kanterand Baker for longer deals and picks rather than chase stars next summer.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
7/29/2018  7:28 AM
Thanks for posting this. As a diehard of some 50 years (yes I recall Butch Komives), the opportunity knocks. 2019 Draft has solid talent at the top with Romeo Langford at the Knicks door with an early projection at 4. It makes a difference as we will unload Enes Lee THJr, Thomas,Noah, Mudiay and probably Mario H among others Baker. The new core is before us and with it plenty of cap space. Why not win the East, dethrone GSW. If Durant wishes to cement his status as a 4 time champ in two conferences and end a 40+ year drought, he’d hear GOAT rumblings too and if Jimmy and/or Kyrie wants in I’m fine with it - after all he’s won a ring and we need that experience. KP Durant Kyrie Frank Langford Knox Trier Burke Robinson Dream Big. It could happen.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/29/2018  10:38 AM
Thompson is one half of perhaps one of the best back court duo of all time. I just wonder how much playing next to two time MVP curry enhances him. Put him on the Knicks does the equation still add up and for what’s going to be a hard number to digest.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/29/2018  11:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/29/2018  11:19 AM
Nalod wrote:Thompson is one half of perhaps one of the best back court duo of all time. I just wonder how much playing next to two time MVP curry enhances him. Put him on the Knicks does the equation still add up and for what's going to be a hard number to digest.

Im sure Curry made Thompson a better player, just like his other teammates. Great PGs do that. Question should be, are other PGs out there who have the skills, the chemistry, to keep Thompson playing at a high level? I think so.

Dont believe it necessarily has to be a star or playing in the league long. Dont believe Thompson would mind being the star of the backcourt, if he knew the point was in good hands.

Dont believe you add a player like Thompson until the roster is more or less set. Robinesque.

I know Perry/Mills want to make a splash in free agency next summer. Would be more impressed.if they resist the temptation to sign players pushing 30 to a max, or near max contract.

The first year or two might be exciting, the subsequent years, maybe not so much.

If Dolan keeps doing his thing, no serious playoff pressure, Perry/Mills should take advantage of this luxury, if no decent options are there. Because it is a luxury.

Go for Durant if he's willing to play on a young team, not one gutted to bring in vets.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/29/2018  11:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/29/2018  11:20 AM
We have an unique opportunity to have solid talent on rookie deals. We need to cheap our draft picks, keep our young talent, but then also sign the right max player to help lead these guys to a championship. If we can move Hardaway and Lee, we could have two max players plus KP, along with Frank, Knox, and Mitchell, and filler for the next four seasons. That is solid window to try and win a championship. I agree we stay the course in terms of not trading our youth but we also need to sign good max players that can get us over the hump.
Trust the Process
K.W. Article: Knicks Could Fulfill Contender Status by Realizing Homegrown Talent, Not Selling Out for Prestigious Free Agent

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy