Melo to Hous. Rockets: $vet 2.4mil
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

7/23/2018  8:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I want Melo to get a ring but I can't root for a D'Antoni/Harden team.
why?
I thought he played his @ss off in NY. I think the team was horribly mismanaged during his tenure except for when Grunwald replaced Walsh.

LOL

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/23/2018  9:58 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:MDA will regret this move. I wonder if he makes it through the season.
I think Morey is making the move. He is a talent accumulator. I think they will really miss Ariza and Luc.

The new owner Fertitta is making this call. It makes zero basketball sense. Zero.

"Moreyball" is predicated on three types of offensive outcomes ( Shots at the rim, 3 point shots and getting to the free throw line) and requires free flowing ball movement. Melo helps with none of those three outcomes.

Their 2nd round pick, Melton, looks very good. Melo is only going to shade minutes that will end up pulling Melton from the floor. Melo will also muck up their floor spacing.

This makes zero basketball sense.

I agree about Melton. Not sure how he lasted so long in the draft. Morey wanted Melo last year under the old ownership.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/23/2018  11:21 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:MDA will regret this move. I wonder if he makes it through the season.
I think Morey is making the move. He is a talent accumulator. I think they will really miss Ariza and Luc.

KD was scoring 30 pts a game with Ariza guarding him. They won't miss him that much.

So you're saying Ariza kept KD to a scoring avg. in line with some of his scoring averages lol Wait till you see KD dropping 40 to 45 points a game against Houston lol

I seriously doubt it. GSW's ball sharing mantra typically disallows that.

GSW is also known to feed the hot hand, especially when their offense stagnants. Watch the sets and offensive moves. Now imagine it's Melo defending. Instead of tough mid-range J's, KD is taking shots a the rim.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/23/2018  11:29 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The new owner Fertitta is making this call. It makes zero basketball sense. Zero.

"Moreyball" is predicated on three types of offensive outcomes ( Shots at the rim, 3 point shots and getting to the free throw line) and requires free flowing ball movement. Melo helps with none of those three outcomes.

Their 2nd round pick, Melton, looks very good. Melo is only going to shade minutes that will end up pulling Melton from the floor. Melo will also muck up their floor spacing.

I agree about Melton. Not sure how he lasted so long in the draft. Morey wanted Melo last year under the old ownership.

Melton fell for the same reason MitchRob fell. He didn't play. Unlike Trier, I think Melton got a raw deal from the NCAA. Unfortunately, there was no way to gauge how much improved from his freshman year. It looks it worked in Houston's favor in the end.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/24/2018  7:03 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yep Rockets got a lot worse this off-season. Its the we got better because now we have 3 names instead of 2.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/24/2018  8:50 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I want Melo to get a ring but I can't root for a D'Antoni/Harden team.
why?
I thought he played his @ss off in NY. I think the team was horribly mismanaged during his tenure except for when Grunwald replaced Walsh.
Wow. By NBA standards or Melo's?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/24/2018  9:34 AM
MDA has a long road in the game of basketball. This dude played over seaseas and made an impact. Why does Kobe wear no. 8? MDA!!! Wached him growing up in Italy.
His path as a coach was failure in the NBA then success overseas and then in the NBA. He has had an impact on the game. His tenure in NY and LA were money based and series of unfortunate events that happens. coach, GM and roster are not always on the same page. He is not without fault but that's also part of process. When I look at his body of work Im really going to think of his miscues when he has had a great career? MDA is going to the HOF. His accomplishments over seas and the NBA are considerable.
Given this career, I root for guys to accomplish the ultimate. In the Era of Pop/Duncan and Phil in LA the man had formidable opponents outwest.
I was stoked when he came to NY but was never given the roster to run his system and Melo traded sealed his fate.
My lone gripe with Melo is saying one thing and doing another. He pledged team first a few times but could not or refused to do so. Melo is HOF high volume scorer and he is who he is. Knicks bought him in and its on them. Fans worshiping him is why I labled him "mooby". He is Tracy McGrady, Vince, Dominique, Dantly, etc........Great scorers and HOFers.
Harden does not bother me as much as he does others.
I suppose I'd root for Rockets for MDA's sake. It not his personality, its his game I respect. Melo getting a ring does not seal his career. Its akin to McAdoo getting a ring late in his career with Lakers. He was no longer the man. Its Harden and CP3's team. I can only imagine melo agreeing to what ever role that has been defined by MDA and Rockets and with a one year 2.4 contract he has no leverage anymore. Unless the team fails to respond to MDA he for sure makes it thru the season. Harden/CP3 relationship with MDA is all that matters. They have pulp in their juice card!!
Truth be told, GSW is boring unless they lose. I don't hate on them but they are the standard to which all is measured by.
I'd enjoy a resurgence in Spurs, that would be a fun story!
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/24/2018  3:32 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
why?
Through the Fisher years you and JRod were his biggest defenders. It's all here but the intern hasn't got the search function set up yet.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/24/2018  4:30 PM
Nalod wrote:MDA has a long road in the game of basketball. This dude played over seaseas and made an impact. Why does Kobe wear no. 8? MDA!!! Wached him growing up in Italy.
His path as a coach was failure in the NBA then success overseas and then in the NBA. He has had an impact on the game. His tenure in NY and LA were money based and series of unfortunate events that happens. coach, GM and roster are not always on the same page. He is not without fault but that's also part of process. When I look at his body of work Im really going to think of his miscues when he has had a great career? MDA is going to the HOF. His accomplishments over seas and the NBA are considerable.
Given this career, I root for guys to accomplish the ultimate. In the Era of Pop/Duncan and Phil in LA the man had formidable opponents outwest.
I was stoked when he came to NY but was never given the roster to run his system and Melo traded sealed his fate.
My lone gripe with Melo is saying one thing and doing another. He pledged team first a few times but could not or refused to do so. Melo is HOF high volume scorer and he is who he is. Knicks bought him in and its on them. Fans worshiping him is why I labled him "mooby". He is Tracy McGrady, Vince, Dominique, Dantly, etc........Great scorers and HOFers.
Harden does not bother me as much as he does others.
I suppose I'd root for Rockets for MDA's sake. It not his personality, its his game I respect. Melo getting a ring does not seal his career. Its akin to McAdoo getting a ring late in his career with Lakers. He was no longer the man. Its Harden and CP3's team. I can only imagine melo agreeing to what ever role that has been defined by MDA and Rockets and with a one year 2.4 contract he has no leverage anymore. Unless the team fails to respond to MDA he for sure makes it thru the season. Harden/CP3 relationship with MDA is all that matters. They have pulp in their juice card!!
Truth be told, GSW is boring unless they lose. I don't hate on them but they are the standard to which all is measured by.
I'd enjoy a resurgence in Spurs, that would be a fun story!
Good Post
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/24/2018  4:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
why?
Through the Fisher years you and JRod were his biggest defenders. It's all here but the intern hasn't got the search function set up yet.
always been transparent. He quit on MDA, its was a **** trade that got him here and I hated both those things. He played fantastic (career best) ball under Woodson for a season and change. We saw a nice glimpse of "Dad Melo" providing a glimmer of hope that lasted about as long as Linsanity. So when I reflect back I see we got exactly what was advertised. Gifted scorer, selfish player. I would defend Melo against guys like ChuckBuck would paint him a cancer and the sole reason for all things bad. But from a straight up hoops perspective? Melo is a good guy and a great scorer. He's not a driven player, so when you make a guy like that the head of your franchise you are not going to go far. The 2 times Melo has done anything worthwhile in a season he was surrounded by elite veteran role players.

Knicks paid Melo $150mm. I think he did just fine here. He got a lot more out of his time here than anyone else did. A lot more. I guess in an era so devoid of winning or anything positive looking back on Melo with fondness is understandable. Get over it... that was some of the most forgettable BB.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/24/2018  5:50 PM
Waiting for.a clip of them having a team moment, and laughing my arse off. They've come a long way baby. They need each other. The ratio of who needs who more has changed, but they can still help each other if they keep their egos in check.

Melo knows what D'Antoni wants from him. Has the incentive to do his part, the way MDA wants it done.

GS/Houston part deux, should be interesting.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
7/24/2018  6:21 PM
Good signing by them, in that it's no money. Not sure he has anything left, or that he can fit in with a fast paced offense but if anyone can optimize Melo it would be CP3.

Melos defense was a regular sore spot here, even in his prime days, but to be fair even without him our defense was bad. It's hard to be the number one scorer and have the absurd usage rate Melo had and still be good on D. So part of the problem was he was playing out of position at the 3, part of it was his usage rate and part was he never was a good defender.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/24/2018  6:29 PM
nykshaknbake wrote:Good signing by them, in that it's no money. Not sure he has anything left, or that he can fit in with a fast paced offense but if anyone can optimize Melo it would be CP3.

Melos defense was a regular sore spot here, even in his prime days, but to be fair even without him our defense was bad. It's hard to be the number one scorer and have the absurd usage rate Melo had and still be good on D. So part of the problem was he was playing out of position at the 3, part of it was his usage rate and part was he never was a good defender.

You make a fair point. Its not fair to put it all on melo when it came to our defense. However thats been a issue his whole career. But even on offense he could be frustrating at time. He was a great scorer but many times he went into ISO mode too much which stalled the ball movement. And yes many times the other team would try to match Their best defender on him which made it tougher but the ball still needs to move around. But thats the past now. Im not exactly cheering for him to get a ring but if it happens then its cool, im kinda indifferent on it. Im just focused on us
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/24/2018  8:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/24/2018  8:48 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yep Rockets got a lot worse this off-season. Its the we got better because now we have 3 names instead of 2.

The ultimate dumb starfukk

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Melo to Hous. Rockets: $vet 2.4mil

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy