https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/23/sports/carmelo-anthony-houston-rockets.html

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/23/2018  10:40 AM
I want Melo to get a ring but I can't root for a D'Antoni/Harden team.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/23/2018  11:05 AM
CrushAlot wrote:I want Melo to get a ring but I can't root for a D'Antoni/Harden team.
i like Dantoni more than either of them but i doubt anybody is dethroning the warriors
CrushAlot
USA
7/23/2018  11:19 AM
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/23/2018  11:21 AM
So all is forgiven between Pringles and Melo?
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

7/23/2018  11:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/23/2018  11:25 AM
CrushAlot wrote:I want Melo to get a ring but I can't root for a D'Antoni/Harden team.

I agree w/you on Melo (ring).. All is not his fault in NY & some is,
moreso Fault lies at Knicks mgmt. not following blueprints of other successful NBA Francises.

This means getting strictly BASKETBALL people to run organization from drafting needs, coaching needs recruitment needs and also attracting NBA stars to NY.

As far as Mike D'Antoni and James Harden, this ! will never work Adding Carmelo Anthony.
I liked Carmelo Anthony because mainly he "WANTED" to always be in NY play for our fans, be a Knick.
Problem with #7 NYK Anthony was he was never = LBJ, nor equal to KD, nor Steph OR most of recent yrs NBA superstars.

First of all 'phony' James Harden endosing this deal (aka recruited by pal CP3) with Harden saying Melo is "Great addition" is all
words without substance, cause Melo won't interfere with Hardens leading, shots taken, and any defender issues. Both Harden & Melo
can't PLAY DEFENSE, at least

C.Anthony rebounds decently as an aging NBA forward. Neither are ball passers, though Harden improved his ability to pass ball at times due to CP3 leadership presence. However Melo is old now, talented CP3 is getting older, and the most unselfish Rocket.

As far as coach Mike D'Antoni he still teaches his up & down priority hoops styles of 'Score score score'. I respected MDA but didn't
like him cause he made things personal always with his NBA roster peeps. MDA Does not preach Defense. Neither D'Antoni nor Melo like one another, each player can say anything now to get along.

Melo brings some experience to table, but his past Denv. Nuggets experience (NBA playoffs 4-6 ? yrs)
nearly almost doesn't count now since Carmelo Anthony won't be main reason Houston Rockets win OR lose NBA west.
This won't work!

CP3 and Melo will be lucky to play 60 games of 82.

Harden is great star, but where he fails, if your team plays them Hard enough & discourage a Harden NBA team
Beardy Harden will pack up his NBA game of hoops-marbles & submit, pack his bag take his $$$ then go home.
Thus beardy isn't a winner, not yet at least.

Harden is like a more superstar skilled version of "Dwight Howard"
They yield to the "I Quit" Mentallity"

DJ does not like I quit NBA $$$ Players such as Dwight D, Harden and few other superstars.
At least CP3, Westbrook, Kwahi <when healthy>, KD leaves it all out on court, roll up their sleeves.

Ending this, I'm surprised I mentioned KDurant here cause I don't even like him! respect him & that
will only change if Our NYK goes after him in 1-2 yrs, But I won't ever believe he'll come NY, *no guts.
#7 Melo like #33 Pat Ewing had guts and love of NY to come here a play through the Good & the bad of ineptmess of Nyk mngmt.

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Clean
Member: #743
7/23/2018  12:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

People still falling for the hoodie Melo offseason street ball crap. Things will never change.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/23/2018  12:53 PM
MDA will regret this move. I wonder if he makes it through the season.
CrushAlot
USA
7/23/2018  12:56 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:MDA will regret this move. I wonder if he makes it through the season.
I think Morey is making the move. He is a talent accumulator. I think they will really miss Ariza and Luc.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/23/2018  1:41 PM
why?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/23/2018  1:49 PM
Kiss of death.
CrushAlot
USA
7/23/2018  2:03 PM
fishmike wrote:
why?
I thought he played his @ss off in NY. I think the team was horribly mismanaged during his tenure except for when Grunwald replaced Walsh.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/23/2018  2:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:MDA will regret this move. I wonder if he makes it through the season.
I think Morey is making the move. He is a talent accumulator. I think they will really miss Ariza and Luc.

Morey is the GM and I am sure CP3 is making it clear his desire to have Melo join them. MDA has little power BUT having been though it he knows he will be screwed.

StarksEwing1

7/23/2018  3:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/23/2018  3:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
why?
I thought he played his @ss off in NY. I think the team was horribly mismanaged during his tenure except for when Grunwald replaced Walsh.
at times he played hard but his lack of effort on defense was always frustrating and the ball tended to stick when he was on the floor. Of course I don’t blame him for everything that happened. I agree there was mismanagement but honestly I never felt he fit here anyway. On personal level he seems like a decent guy but I was never a fan on his overall game. The only non knick player that I actively rooted for to get a ring was Dirk
CrushAlot
USA
7/23/2018  3:30 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
why?
at times he played hard but his lack of effort on defense was always frustrating and the ball tended to stick when he was on the floor. Of course I don’t blame him for everything that happened. I agree there was mismanagement but honestly I never felt he fit here anyway. On personal level he seems like a decent guy but I was never a fan on his overall game. The only non knick player that I actively rooted for to get a ring was Dirk
I have lived in the Rochester area since the late 80's and most of my family moved upstate to the Syracuse area in the early 90's. We all follow 'Cuse now. Melo is a god there.
StarksEwing1

7/23/2018  3:33 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
why?
I have lived in the Rochester area since the late 80's and most of my family moved upstate to the Syracuse area in the early 90's. We all follow 'Cuse now. Melo is a god there.
That’s fine. I am not trying to throw shade on the guy. As a offensive player he is one of the top in my generation. However I think the criticisms do hold weight too
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/23/2018  5:24 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

KD was scoring 30 pts a game with Ariza guarding him. They won't miss him that much.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

7/23/2018  5:24 PM
Warriors are not winning the ring this upcoming season..book it.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/23/2018  7:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/23/2018  7:10 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

KD was scoring 30 pts a game with Ariza guarding him. They won't miss him that much.

So you're saying Ariza kept KD to a scoring avg. in line with some of his scoring averages lol Wait till you see KD dropping 40 to 45 points a game against Houston lol
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718

7/23/2018  7:15 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

So you're saying Ariza kept KD to a scoring avg. in line with some of his scoring averages lol Wait till you see KD dropping 40 to 45 points a game against Houston lol

I seriously doubt it. GSW's ball sharing mantra typically disallows that.
Melo to Hous. Rockets: $vet 2.4mil

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy