fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:Great find as always, Crush!!! Whats interesting is we are getting we are getting high marks on this draft from all angles....Scouts, Journalists, Fans, Commentators and now an actual player who competed against our draft picks. It really feels like this Franchise is finally moving in the right direction.

I agree....but at the same time.....how many times have we said that?

I still have a front page clip of Larry Brown as the savior...See how that turned out.....and it's been going down hill since. I can't get too high too early anymore....I learned my lesson.

the last time honestly? When we had a young team of Felton, Gallo, Chandler, Fields and Mosgov. We had a young squad with all our future assets and we blew it all on a player in a bad deal. I think (from what they have said) that we should be able to avoid this again

In retrospect though we didn't trade anything in the Melo deal. Gallo, Felton, Moz, and Chandler never improved after leaving and Gallo hit the major injury bug. Our 2014 pick would not have yielded a high level player based on those drafted in the range where that pick was. Same with 2016. I get that the flexibility was where the attraction was, but based on the lack of player development and Amare's sharp physical decline, we would have been stuck for a few years regardless. We had 3 years in the playoffs and 1 advancing to the 2nd round. How you view the Melo years is based on how much you value the playoff appearances and advancement vs. having "assets" at the time which you may or may not have been able to do something with. That deal even 7 years later is undecided and more of the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

couldnt disagree more. Starting with the style of play and the pieces we had. IF we have seen anything its that talent, style of play and winning brings in more talent. We had MDA, were winning games with a young team, Felton was hitting his stride at 26 and we traded it all for ISO Melo.

I am 100% sure simply staying the course, developing players and building what we had around MDA and the young players we had vs. flipping it for Melo and whoever he wanted to coach him would have been better. Much better. But whatever... the greatness of Melo and that debate will rage one. I certainly agree he's a HOF scorer. Having seen him for 7ish years pretty much everything they said about his was true. Gifted scorer who doesnt defend or pass and wants to do it his way. I am just glad we are done with that era

Just saw this delusional revisionist history where the 2010 Knicks were all about our tremendous young nucleus that we traded away for ME-lo and wasn't about someone named Stat playing out of his mind before his uninsurable knees blew out. The great Ray Felton, who we got back for nothing. Gallo and Moz, who turned into wow, an injury story and a traveling project.
Yes, that's the way to build a team, around a coach who's major contribution before the trade/rape was running Stat into the ground.

But agreed, whatever, the Melo balloon has been released. We are now in the KP era with all these kids and intact draft picks. Hopefully Frankie becomes this gen's Clyde and defense catches on with the rest of the squad as well.

Funny... Now MDA is once again regarded as a top flight coach and Melo is veteran minimum fodder. Like the rising and setting of the sun, some things are predictable.

Btw.. it wasnt really a Melo baloon. More like a fart. It might have been heard, it might have been fun for awhile, it might have stunk shortly after being fun, but in the end nobody really remembers or cares because it was just another fart. Maybe a fart-baloon. I will will meet you in the middle. Im charitable today.

D'Antoni has a top flight gm that built his roster to minimize his deficits while emphasizing his strengths. That type of relationship and shared vision between coach and gm is essential if a team is going to win. Some coaches, i.e. Pat Riley, can adjust and change their style to fit the players they have and still win. D'Antoni is not a coach that can do that. That is why he wasn't successful in New York and LA. Melo has simply gotten old and is no longer a top player in the league. What will be interesting to see is if he can adapt and change to be successful in the later stages of his career.
Right... so if Morey was the Knicks GM than Melo would have played for MDA instead of quitting on him? Anyway.. I know you are still vested in the Melo-Mooby so enjoy. Interesting? Eh... that might be a stretch. Melo hasnt been close to a top talent since he was close to being a top talent. What you will likely see is what you usually see. An old guy playing for the vet's min.

No. I don't think Morey trades for Melo. I don't think he trades the teams lottery pick and a first to get rid of Jeffries deal. I also don't think he signs a guy who can't have his contract insured because he has bad knees. I think if he brought Mike in as his coach he would have built a team around his coaches philosophy. The Knicks had a gm and coach with the same vision during Melo's tenure for one season. That team finished second in the east and Melo was 3rd in MVP voting that year. I think he would have won it if D12 didn't almost end his career.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/17/2018  11:18 AM
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:Great find as always, Crush!!! Whats interesting is we are getting we are getting high marks on this draft from all angles....Scouts, Journalists, Fans, Commentators and now an actual player who competed against our draft picks. It really feels like this Franchise is finally moving in the right direction.

I still have a front page clip of Larry Brown as the savior...See how that turned out.....and it's been going down hill since. I can't get too high too early anymore....I learned my lesson.

the last time honestly? When we had a young team of Felton, Gallo, Chandler, Fields and Mosgov. We had a young squad with all our future assets and we blew it all on a player in a bad deal. I think (from what they have said) that we should be able to avoid this again

In retrospect though we didn't trade anything in the Melo deal. Gallo, Felton, Moz, and Chandler never improved after leaving and Gallo hit the major injury bug. Our 2014 pick would not have yielded a high level player based on those drafted in the range where that pick was. Same with 2016. I get that the flexibility was where the attraction was, but based on the lack of player development and Amare's sharp physical decline, we would have been stuck for a few years regardless. We had 3 years in the playoffs and 1 advancing to the 2nd round. How you view the Melo years is based on how much you value the playoff appearances and advancement vs. having "assets" at the time which you may or may not have been able to do something with. That deal even 7 years later is undecided and more of the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

couldnt disagree more. Starting with the style of play and the pieces we had. IF we have seen anything its that talent, style of play and winning brings in more talent. We had MDA, were winning games with a young team, Felton was hitting his stride at 26 and we traded it all for ISO Melo.

I am 100% sure simply staying the course, developing players and building what we had around MDA and the young players we had vs. flipping it for Melo and whoever he wanted to coach him would have been better. Much better. But whatever... the greatness of Melo and that debate will rage one. I certainly agree he's a HOF scorer. Having seen him for 7ish years pretty much everything they said about his was true. Gifted scorer who doesnt defend or pass and wants to do it his way. I am just glad we are done with that era

Just saw this delusional revisionist history where the 2010 Knicks were all about our tremendous young nucleus that we traded away for ME-lo and wasn't about someone named Stat playing out of his mind before his uninsurable knees blew out. The great Ray Felton, who we got back for nothing. Gallo and Moz, who turned into wow, an injury story and a traveling project.
Yes, that's the way to build a team, around a coach who's major contribution before the trade/rape was running Stat into the ground.

But agreed, whatever, the Melo balloon has been released. We are now in the KP era with all these kids and intact draft picks. Hopefully Frankie becomes this gen's Clyde and defense catches on with the rest of the squad as well.

Funny... Now MDA is once again regarded as a top flight coach and Melo is veteran minimum fodder. Like the rising and setting of the sun, some things are predictable.

Btw.. it wasnt really a Melo baloon. More like a fart. It might have been heard, it might have been fun for awhile, it might have stunk shortly after being fun, but in the end nobody really remembers or cares because it was just another fart. Maybe a fart-baloon. I will will meet you in the middle. Im charitable today.

Right, you're charitable with your Melo farts while you continue to twiddle jerk yourself and filling your diaper with fond memories of "young squads". Got it. Nobody remembers or cares.

Landry Fields. Holy sheehit. Maybe you should really stop enjoying and sniffing fun farts.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/17/2018  1:42 PM
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Right, you're charitable with your Melo farts while you continue to twiddle jerk yourself and filling your diaper with fond memories of "young squads". Got it. Nobody remembers or cares.

Landry Fields. Holy sheehit. Maybe you should really stop enjoying and sniffing fun farts.

Your truly "Devout" in your Melo faith!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/17/2018  1:52 PM
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

8/17/2018  1:54 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:

This is hilarious and Mostly accurate
Reddit Poster's son played in Vegas and talked about Knox and Robinson

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy