[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Wasserman: Hot Takes from the SL: Mitchell Robinson is a better prospect than Bagley and Bamba
Author Thread
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/22/2018  9:32 AM
nixluva wrote:Mitch is a physical FREAK! He has even more skills than he showed in SL. His agility and Quickness at his size is scary. He just needs time n Training to refine his game and adjust to NBA Level competition. Love his potential.

He's not a better prospect than Bagley and Bamba.

He can run the floor better than both and will likely, if he gets minutes, be better in transition than both. His fundamentals need work and he may profile out to be too far foul prone to stay in games very long. There is not enough book on him yet to determine if he can quarterback a NBA defense yet either.

The lingering deeper issue is missing the Combine was a huge mistake, but to be fair to his former agent, the question remains if part of the factor was that there were questions that Robo could not answer or would not answer in the interview phase. That's troubling on all kinds of levels.

There have been long standing viewpoints/arguments in the league in the past regarding developing young big men. The D/G League is NOT seen as a best pathway for many young big men. For wings and guards, it's a different story. Individual coaching is a major factor, playing against NBA grade competition is another. Having rapport with NBA refs is yet another issue. Guys like Kevin Willis and Terry Cummings played so long, because, in part, they knew how to game the refs.

Robo is a Knick, thus I want him to do well. But there are strong reasons why he fell and other teams avoided him.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/23/2018  8:22 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:Mitch is a physical FREAK! He has even more skills than he showed in SL. His agility and Quickness at his size is scary. He just needs time n Training to refine his game and adjust to NBA Level competition. Love his potential.

He can run the floor better than both and will likely, if he gets minutes, be better in transition than both. His fundamentals need work and he may profile out to be too far foul prone to stay in games very long. There is not enough book on him yet to determine if he can quarterback a NBA defense yet either.

The lingering deeper issue is missing the Combine was a huge mistake, but to be fair to his former agent, the question remains if part of the factor was that there were questions that Robo could not answer or would not answer in the interview phase. That's troubling on all kinds of levels.

There have been long standing viewpoints/arguments in the league in the past regarding developing young big men. The D/G League is NOT seen as a best pathway for many young big men. For wings and guards, it's a different story. Individual coaching is a major factor, playing against NBA grade competition is another. Having rapport with NBA refs is yet another issue. Guys like Kevin Willis and Terry Cummings played so long, because, in part, they knew how to game the refs.

Robo is a Knick, thus I want him to do well. But there are strong reasons why he fell and other teams avoided him.

Good points. The young man is very green and will need time. It stands to reason he will be a foul machine. The hype of the SL is worthy of hope but patience from fans will not change a thing other than ones personal enjoyment as one.
Three years is a long time for a fan.

blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
7/23/2018  8:27 AM

I agree....plus I saw him working on other moves prior to the draft. So I agree.....what we saw in SL is only the tip of the iceberg. In the gym he was shooting 3s and working on his euro-step moves.....So he has more skills than he showed. I'm more worried about his maturity....Coming from a slow town where he grew up and Texas where he lived. NYC is a different environment and it affects people different. Let's see how he handles the fans and media pressure.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/23/2018  9:50 AM
Nalod wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Good points. The young man is very green and will need time. It stands to reason he will be a foul machine. The hype of the SL is worthy of hope but patience from fans will not change a thing other than ones personal enjoyment as one.
Three years is a long time for a fan.

I think patience/impatience from fans does at least have an indirect effect. If the bulk of the fans choose to be impatient then the media articles saying he isn't living up to the expectations will become the dominant narrative based on the numberof clicks and likes etc. Social media has created a fan feedback loop, that now impacts things it didn't before. More and more articles along those lines will eventually create pressure on the actors, in this case Mitchell, Fiz and FO.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/23/2018  10:30 AM
blkexec wrote:

I agree....plus I saw him working on other moves prior to the draft. So I agree.....what we saw in SL is only the tip of the iceberg. In the gym he was shooting 3s and working on his euro-step moves.....So he has more skills than he showed. I'm more worried about his maturity....Coming from a slow town where he grew up and Texas where he lived. NYC is a different environment and it affects people different. Let's see how he handles the fans and media pressure.

His high school coach talked about him playing like A.D. in high school. I believe I read or heard that he hit 7 threes in a high school game. His coach also said he didn't think he was in game shape when he watched him in the summer league. The thing that sticks out for me is his baseline to baseline time of 2.8 seconds.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/23/2018  10:42 AM
TheGame wrote:We drafted a championship team. It will be the end of the season before the rest of the league acknowledges it but we essentially have deandre Jordan, KP, Paul George, Hardaway, and a young Chauncey Billups on our team. Add Kyrie and this team pushes for the championship next year. Scott Perry for executive of the year. Yes, I said it.

YES! I LOVE IT 😍

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/23/2018  10:51 AM
TripleThreat wrote:

Some of these things you’ve posted are side issues and have NOTHING to do with MRob’s actual talent or potential. The TRUTH is that he can do things Bagley n Bamba can’t. Of course he needs to be properly trained and there’s a huge gap in his BBIQ.

The focus of Mills, Perry n Fiz is on Player Development and they’re fully committed to a program designed to help a kid like Robinson to develop on and off the court. This is a perfect environment for Robinson. His support system with the Knicks will be strong.

There is no downside to drafting his kind of talent in the 2nd rd.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/23/2018  11:02 AM
nixluva wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Some of these things you’ve posted are side issues and have NOTHING to do with MRob’s actual talent or potential. The TRUTH is that he can do things Bagley n Bamba can’t. Of course he needs to be properly trained and there’s a huge gap in his BBIQ.

The focus of Mills, Perry n Fiz is on Player Development and they’re fully committed to a program designed to help a kid like Robinson to develop on and off the court. This is a perfect environment for Robinson. His support system with the Knicks will be strong.

There is no downside to drafting his kind of talent in the 2nd rd.

Just the fact that people are talking about our 2nd round pick in the same sentence as Bagley, Bamba etc is amazing. On top of it, Knox looks like the real deal. Good times to be a Knicks fan.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/23/2018  11:17 AM
I am so excited to see this youngin play this season. The basketball gods has been smiling on us a lot lately. Imagine the defense that Frank, Mitchell and KP can present to the other team. It's going to be hard to scroe on us. Now the question is do we have a SG to run with them. Is THJr good enough?
Ira
Member: #91
7/23/2018  11:54 AM
I'm excited about Robinson. He'll have to get stronger, learn to avoid foul trouble and refine his game, so I think he'll take some patience. But I like the Capella comparison and I think Robinson can get there.

I'm more concerned about Knox. They say his ball handling has improved, so it must have been awful before. During Summer League, I saw him dribble into a group of defenders and fall down twice in the same game. Shooting wise his average for Summer League was 35%.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/23/2018  5:18 PM
Ira wrote:I'm excited about Robinson. He'll have to get stronger, learn to avoid foul trouble and refine his game, so I think he'll take some patience. But I like the Capella comparison and I think Robinson can get there.

I'm more concerned about Knox. They say his ball handling has improved, so it must have been awful before. During Summer League, I saw him dribble into a group of defenders and fall down twice in the same game. Shooting wise his average for Summer League was 35%.

no need to be concerned about an 18 year old who showed out at summer league. the only way is UP!

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Wasserman: Hot Takes from the SL: Mitchell Robinson is a better prospect than Bagley and Bamba

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy