[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Kawhi to Raptors being finalized
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/26/2018  12:28 PM
djsunyc wrote:read this on reddit - a good statistical breakdown:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/91xk6x/discussion_one_week_later_kawhi_leonard_for_demar/e31jnnn/

demar has been a positive in the regular season only once in his career - 2012.
he has been a positive in the playoffs - NEVER.

the only other negative player on the raptors roster last year? - poeltl.

and how much better kawhi is that derozan?

https://www.reddit.com/r/torontoraptors/comments/909lrf/serious_in_your_opinion_how_good_is_kawhi_leonard/e2p76x3/

Raptors won 60+ games last season with Derozan playing 80 of them at 34mins a game. If they had that much success in spite of Derozan holding them back. Then Casey shouldn't have gotten the axe. As that's incredible. Raptors have also only lost to Lebron James in the playoffs. As have every team in the East. Them getting swept was pretty bad I will admit though.

I'm not as invested in Tor as you are so I will admit my opinion doesn't hold as much weight as yours does on the topic. Sometimes we forget how hard it is to build a winning team and maintain success though. And I def dont want Kwahi in the East so sorry but I'm going to be rooting for him to leave Raptors for LAC.

They would have lost Delon Wright to FA as it stood.(I was actually wondering if the Knicks could poach him from them if we were to miss out on Kyrie type stud). Masai probably felt really good about the development of Wright and OG as pieces they could move forward with. I can see them looking to revamp their frontcourt after this coming season if not sooner looking for more uptempo play.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/26/2018  5:14 PM
Peter Holt is the largest Caterpillar dealer in the country. Media mogul? Gangster?
Do tell!!
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/27/2018  12:42 AM
Nalod wrote:Peter Holt is the largest Caterpillar dealer in the country. Media mogul? Gangster?
Do tell!!

When Phil Jackson was getting gutted in the press when he wanted to trade Melo, that didn't happen on accident. When news stories came out the other way, gutting Melo, that didn't happen on accident either.

GM versus head coach / manager

Head coach/Manager versus star player

These are the conditions where typically something bad is happening on the team ( constant losing) and someone needs to get fired or traded and someone needs to take the blame. In order to survive a purge, a GM might need to convince the owner that the head coach is the problem. Or the head coach might point out the GM didn't draft the right talent.

Holt was and is instrumental to the gigantic TV deal the NBA gets. The ones worth billions. By extension, the networks and league want to preserve good will and relationship as such with the select owners who operate either formally or informally as the "TV Committee" ( This is why the Mara family, as well as the Rooney's , have so much influence in the NFL)

Leonard claiming the Spurs acted in bad faith with his health then dogging it was an open attack on his owner and his franchise. So the sports media, cueing in on keeping the networks and sponsors happy, has to pick a side. They going to pick some player who can't even get a good shoe deal who never speaks, or will they side with the guy helping to engineer billion dollar deals so everyone down the line gets paid?

This is why Leonard is getting absolutely gutted in the press.

When Tiki Barber kept criticizing the Giants and Coughlin and Manning and everyone else, then his wife busted him cheating on her while she was pregnant, do you think that happened on accident? That his vaunted TV career didn't take off, do you think that happened on accident with Steve Tisch just standing on the sidelines?

The media spin/narrative you get depends on where you stand in terms of marketability and how profitable it is to go your way or against you. Our beloved ARod gave SI the exclusive to his PEDs story. They soft pedaled him. In turn he took no mercy in openly bashing ESPN and their analysts and reporters.

It's funny, if I walk into one of the politics threads on this forum, people here will talk all the time about the media manipulation. But they think it's not happening in the sports media?

Kawhi Leonard and his dipwad uncle went to war against an owner who the league, the brands, the networks and other owners all want to keep happy. Because those billion dollar TV contracts are really nice to have. What did anyone think was going to happen? That Leonard was just going to get to keep ****ting on Holt and the Spurs unchecked?

You don't get wealthy and stay wealthy in this country without a little bloodshed every now and then.

Anyone here any really dirty things about the Mara granddaughters? You won't hear a peep about Rooney or Kate because the Maras are instrumental in the massive TV deals the NFL gets. You think anyone wants to rock that boat?

Woj: Kawhi to Raptors being finalized

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy