USA
7/18/2018  6:16 AM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

7/18/2018  6:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2018  7:34 AM
They just want to dump Derozan, no chance in hell Leonard stays. The Raptors are taking a real chance here, not with Derozan but with other free agents. Players are already hesitant to sign there, and now they ship out a player beloved by the fans that they drafted.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/18/2018  7:42 AM
thrilled. ship him to the north. the north remembers
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/18/2018  7:43 AM
Jmpasq wrote:They just want to dump Derozan, no chance in hell Leonard stays. The Raptors are taking a real chance here, not with Derozan but with other free agents. Players are already hesitant to sign there, and now they ship out a player beloved by the fans that they drafted.
agreed. I dont see how this turns out well for them. Id be shocked if kawhi resigns
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/18/2018  7:52 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:They just want to dump Derozan, no chance in hell Leonard stays. The Raptors are taking a real chance here, not with Derozan but with other free agents. Players are already hesitant to sign there, and now they ship out a player beloved by the fans that they drafted.
agreed. I dont see how this turns out well for them. Id be shocked if kawhi resigns

Said the same thing about Paul George in OKC. A lot can happen in a season.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/18/2018  7:56 AM
Agree. Also, wtf with Casey being let go. The guy is one of the best coaches in the league. One rumor has OG going back to the Spurs which would make the deal really bad if Kawhi leaves.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/18/2018  8:15 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Agree. Also, wtf with Casey being let go. The guy is one of the best coaches in the league. One rumor has OG going back to the Spurs which would make the deal really bad if Kawhi leaves.

Can you reaally blame them, both Casey(failed to make proper adjustments) and Derozan(failed to step up in big games) FLAMED OUT IN the Playoffs. They went into the off season like "NOBODY is untouchable".

Even if they lose KL, they also got rid of Derozans $$$$

ES
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/18/2018  8:24 AM
Caseloads wrote:thrilled. ship him to the north. the north remembers

Tell them Winter came for House Kawhi.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
CrushAlot
USA
7/18/2018  8:30 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Can you reaally blame them, both Casey(failed to make proper adjustments) and Derozan(failed to step up in big games) FLAMED OUT IN the Playoffs. They went into the off season like "NOBODY is untouchable".

I can understand the Kawhi trade. Why not. If it doesn't work they rebuild without Demar's deal on the books. I don't understand Casey. He did a great job there. You don't move on from a coach that is that good unless you have someone better taking his seat.
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/18/2018  9:07 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I can understand the Kawhi trade. Why not. If it doesn't work they rebuild without Demar's deal on the books. I don't understand Casey. He did a great job there. You don't move on from a coach that is that good unless you have someone better taking his seat.

Casey is a good coach, but when Boston took Clev to 7 games with primarily a young squad, that pretty much sealed Casey's fate

ES
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/18/2018  9:15 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2018  9:17 AM
Raptors trade DeRozan and Jakob Poeltl and a protected 1st for Kawhi and Danny Green. That's a lot to give up for a potential 1 year rental...Why include the 1st round pick if the assumption is that if Kawhi bolts, the Raptors would still be in position to rebuild?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/18/2018  9:21 AM
Uptown wrote:Raptors trade DeRozan and Jakob Poeltl and a protected 1st for Kawhi and Danny Green. That's a lot to give up for a potential 1 year rental...Why include the 1st round pick if the assumption is that if Kawhi bolts, the Raptors would still be in position to rebuild?

Amazing deal for the Spurs under the circumstances. They get an all-star guard (although unlikely in the west) and 2 additional assets. Poeltl is the type that might have a break-out in SA.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
7/18/2018  9:39 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

knicks 1248 accurately described both casey and dd.

casey was unable to make real adjustments in game the entire playoff stretch (5 years). we lost every game 1 at home until this season. ujiri forced him to change his offense this past summer - it was not a proactive move on casey's part. he should've been let go at least 2 times prior to this season but ujiri gave him a lot of rope. i liked casey but his time was up.

it's a gamble this deal. i like it and it had to be done.

obvious downside is that kawhi refuses to play or is damaged goods.

if he leaves after the season, then so be it - it expedites our rebuild 1 year sooner. dd was the longest deal on the books at 3 years. lowry + ibaka only have 2 years left (including next season) so we managed to dump our longest deal & acquire a potential franchise changer in the process. but even if it goes belly up - there's no long term commitment here and ujiri can pivot really quick next summer.

djsunyc
7/18/2018  9:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2018  9:41 AM
Uptown wrote:Raptors trade DeRozan and Jakob Poeltl and a protected 1st for Kawhi and Danny Green. That's a lot to give up for a potential 1 year rental...Why include the 1st round pick if the assumption is that if Kawhi bolts, the Raptors would still be in position to rebuild?

1st round pick is 1-20 protected and turns into two 2nd roundres in 2020.

still keeping vanvleet, delon, og and siakim in toronto is HUGE imho. i like yak but he wasn't as good as the other 4.

this is also a very good deal for the spurs - getting a perrenial all star (under contract) and a young big with a potential late 1st for a guy that was going to leave regardless.

good trade for both sides but not surprising considering buford + ujiri are two of the best.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/18/2018  9:52 AM
djsunyc wrote:

still keeping vanvleet, delon, og and siakim in toronto is HUGE imho. i like yak but he wasn't as good as the other 4.

this is also a very good deal for the spurs - getting a perrenial all star (under contract) and a young big with a potential late 1st for a guy that was going to leave regardless.

good trade for both sides but not surprising considering buford + ujiri are two of the best.

I just saw that it was 1-20 protected....From Toronto's stand point, I get the need to gamble being that the Raptors have had trouble attracting high-end free agents. They are going all in for one year. With that said, the Rapts better hope and pray Kawhi is healthy physically and in a good place mentally...If not, the Raptors will be starting their rebuild a year sooner than they anticipated.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/18/2018  9:52 AM
Sweeter can be flipping Leonard down the road to a team that is committed to resigning him and he is down with that. Or as said, it opens cap space. Derozen was a tough contract to move and perhaps Pop can put his mojo on him and make him better. The protected pick is good. Likely with a healthy Kwai they are a top 10 team record wise anyway. If not, and the faulted they keep it. Logical. (Fuck you Isiah).
In a east conference that is a bit wide open it could make a ton of sense and like PG13 did, he might find peace and max contract an attractive thing and stay.
djsunyc
7/18/2018  9:56 AM
Uptown wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

I just saw that it was 1-20 protected....From Toronto's stand point, I get the need to gamble being that the Raptors have had trouble attracting high-end free agents. They are going all in for one year. With that said, the Rapts better hope and pray Kawhi is healthy physically and in a good place mentally...If not, the Raptors will be starting their rebuild a year sooner than they anticipated.

that's ok and part of the plan when ujiri re-signed lowry + ibaka to 3 year deals. said we have a window then we move on after that. so that 3 year window may become 2.

pop also coached demar with team USA so i think that plays a factor as well.

CrushAlot
USA
7/18/2018  10:16 AM
djsunyc wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

knicks 1248 accurately described both casey and dd.

casey was unable to make real adjustments in game the entire playoff stretch (5 years). we lost every game 1 at home until this season. ujiri forced him to change his offense this past summer - it was not a proactive move on casey's part. he should've been let go at least 2 times prior to this season but ujiri gave him a lot of rope. i liked casey but his time was up.

it's a gamble this deal. i like it and it had to be done.

obvious downside is that kawhi refuses to play or is damaged goods.

if he leaves after the season, then so be it - it expedites our rebuild 1 year sooner. dd was the longest deal on the books at 3 years. lowry + ibaka only have 2 years left (including next season) so we managed to dump our longest deal & acquire a potential franchise changer in the process. but even if it goes belly up - there's no long term commitment here and ujiri can pivot really quick next summer.

In regards to Casey, I think Ujiri thought he was going to get Budenholzer. I don't think that move was made to hire Nick Nurse.
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/18/2018  10:16 AM

This is definetly just a salary dump move..This was a awful trade for Spurs..SMH..as far as the Raptors nobody wants to play there suckers!!

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/18/2018  10:26 AM
I don't like it for the Raptors. They drafted Derozan and should have had him play a 17 yr career or so with them and have him retire a Raptor. He wanted to be there and has helped turn the Raptors into a continual playoff team over the last 6 years. They need to have those type of players/careers under their banner and build up that level of credibility. They are operating as if they are on Boston or LAs level without the history they have.

Spurs - They need to go all in on obtaining Jimmy Butler. Say LMA & Mills for Butler & Dieng.

Would make a ton of sense for both teams.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Woj: Kawhi to Raptors being finalized

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy