[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks/Wolves have had preliminary trade talks regarding Butler/Maybe Bogus
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/17/2018  5:34 PM
Came up on my twitter feed. The guy that posted it has almost 19 thousand followers.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/17/2018  5:38 PM
hmm i wouldnt give up much to get him..maybe Lee, thomas but thats it
dwiley20
Member: #5755

7/17/2018  5:38 PM
Frank, Hardaway, Butler, Knox and Kanter
Ira
Member: #91
7/17/2018  6:23 PM
I'd give them Kanter and a second (or Dotson).
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/17/2018  6:39 PM
dwiley20 wrote:hmm i wouldnt give up much to get him..maybe Lee, thomas but thats it

One of the top 20 players in the league. Any conversation needs to start with a first an a young player. This might also be our opportunity to dump lee.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/17/2018  6:47 PM
Kanter, THJr for Butler, Dieng?

Twolves would probably want draft pick of some sort but get a SG replacement and cap relief after this year.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/17/2018  7:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2018  7:24 PM
You guys are smoking crack. I would give them Hardaway and maybe a second round pick. That is it. Dude is leaving and they have nonleverage and the dude is damn near 30 years old.
Trust the Process
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/17/2018  7:18 PM
TheGame wrote:You guys are smoking frack. I would give them Hardaway and maybe a second round pick. That is it. Dude is leaving and they have nonleverage and the dude is damn near 30 years old.

Then a trade isn't happening lol Never be heard of this Legionhoops guy anyway. Can't say how seriously we should take this "rumor."

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/17/2018  7:32 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
TheGame wrote:You guys are smoking frack. I would give them Hardaway and maybe a second round pick. That is it. Dude is leaving and they have nonleverage and the dude is damn near 30 years old.

Then a trade isn't happening lol Never be heard of this Legionhoops guy anyway. Can't say how seriously we should take this "rumor."

Not sure. I did see this on his twitter feed when someone called him an unreliable source,
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/17/2018  7:41 PM
TheGame wrote:You guys are smoking crack. I would give them Hardaway and maybe a second round pick. That is it. Dude is leaving and they have nonleverage and the dude is damn near 30 years old.

And you are smoking crack if you think Minny would except that package for an allstar. Fans always trying to rip off the other team in a trade!!! I dont see a trade happening anyway....

TheGame
USA
7/17/2018  8:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2018  8:33 PM
Uptown wrote:
TheGame wrote:You guys are smoking crack. I would give them Hardaway and maybe a second round pick. That is it. Dude is leaving and they have nonleverage and the dude is damn near 30 years old.

And you are smoking crack if you think Minny would except that package for an allstar. Fans always trying to rip off the other team in a trade!!! I dont see a trade happening anyway....

Why would we trade Knox? Makes no sense. Trust me, we wait until the summer and when Butler tells them he is walking they would be happy with that package. My you change it for Hardaway and a protect 1st rd pick but I would not give more than that unless they wanted Trier, Dotson, or baker. Now I would do Kanter and Hardaway because we are not resigning Kanter anyway.

Trust the Process
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/17/2018  8:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Came up on my twitter feed. The guy that posted it has almost 19 thousand followers.

David Turner
@DippinDave
· 4h
Any truth to this? @DWolfsonKSTP https://twitter.com/legionhoopsross/status/1019305354792984577 …

Darren Wolfson

@DWolfsonKSTP
Poked around, and told nothing to it.

2:07 PM - Jul 17, 2018

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/17/2018  8:43 PM
TheGame wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Why would we trade Knox? Makes no sense. Trust me, we wait until the summer and when Butler tells them he is walking they would be happy with that package. My you change it for Hardaway and a protect 1st rd pick but I would not give more than that unless they wanted Trier, Dotson, or baker. Now I would do Kanter and Hardaway because we are not resigning Kanter anyway.

If Im certain of anything, there is no fing way they trade 18 year old Knox for Butler, no way. I get Butler wanting his teammates to have the same fire he does.

At the same time, I dont want a repeat of the same drama in NY. Another player you add if you are looking to take down GS. Different timeline than our future core. If he wasnt an expensive addition, who would need his share of touches...

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/17/2018  9:08 PM
TheGame wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Misunderstanding. Dwiley20 named Frank, THjr, Butler, Knox, Kanter as the starting lineup not a trade package. Nobody mentioned Knox other than that.

There is no pressure on NYK to make a deal. So unless we are getting a deal we can't refuse we can and should just stand pat.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

7/17/2018  9:09 PM
They are going to want Frank....and Perry will oblige....
blkexec
Member: #748
7/17/2018  9:56 PM
Well since we are all dreaming....cause I don't think the knicks will get him via a trade, unless Minny gets desperate. Even if they do panic, I think teams like the Lakers will have more to offer.....Or Toronto or the Spurs. There are a lot of teams that feel they are one or two players away from having a chance to make it to the finals. Houston is in need of a SF.....and they are looking more and more desperate. Unless Butler and Kyrie has a plan in place, similar to the banana boat boys....Thats the only way I see Butler coming to NY. This FO is better than what we've had in the past. They have made smart decisions so far.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/17/2018  10:05 PM
blkexec wrote:Well since we are all dreaming....cause I don't think the knicks will get him via a trade, unless Minny gets desperate. Even if they do panic, I think teams like the Lakers will have more to offer.....Or Toronto or the Spurs. There are a lot of teams that feel they are one or two players away from having a chance to make it to the finals. Houston is in need of a SF.....and they are looking more and more desperate. Unless Butler and Kyrie has a plan in place, similar to the banana boat boys....Thats the only way I see Butler coming to NY. This FO is better than what we've had in the past. They have made smart decisions so far.

If you ignore Hardaway Jr

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
TheGame
USA
7/17/2018  10:15 PM
If hardaway has a good season, which is possible. Several teams will look to him as an attractive trade prospect when you consider butler and thompson will cost $25mill+
Trust the Process
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/17/2018  11:29 PM
TheGame wrote:
Uptown wrote:

If Jimmy Butler was willing to sign an extension with the Knicks as a handshake agreement to the trade ( the only way any team would trade for him), and the cost was Knox plus some type of salary match, and Zinger is not involved, the Knicks should do it.

Knox is raw and has upside, but unproven. His stock is high now, that might not be true later. It's hard to say.

The Knicks would also have to part with a first round pick, and this is the sticking point. The sticking point has to be the kind of protections on said pick. I think that would be the deal breaker, not Knox.

Jimmy Butler can drag this team into the playoffs. It wouldn't last long there, but he could likely do it. For Dolan, that would have some value outside of just the players.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/17/2018  11:47 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
TheGame wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Misunderstanding. Dwiley20 named Frank, THjr, Butler, Knox, Kanter as the starting lineup not a trade package. Nobody mentioned Knox other than that.

There is no pressure on NYK to make a deal. So unless we are getting a deal we can't refuse we can and should just stand pat.

Agreed with the bold...Unless we are willing to part with KP or Knox, Minny hangs up the phone on us. I'm definitely not willing to give up Knox or KP, so I say we develop out youth, try to create additional cap space with small but smart trades and wait for the summer of '19....

Knicks/Wolves have had preliminary trade talks regarding Butler/Maybe Bogus

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy