Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/11/2018  11:21 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
arkrud wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
arkrud wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:This is the best article I could refer to anyone who is still a strong Trump supporter. The more things change....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/are-trumps-mob-connections-a-coincidence-fuhgeddaboudit/2018/08/10/24b62e2c-9cad-11e8-843b-36e177f3081c_story.html?utm_term=.eb13a36c0734

If Trump is connected to Mobs (and he very well can be) he will not be the first American president like that and not the last one.
Being connected to anything is not a crime until court of law has a verdict.
Putin is the head of all Russian mobs but he is not a mobster himself but high ranking KGB officer.
Does it makes him less of the president supported by 85% of Russian population?
There is no better protection from people like that rather that term limitations for president and independent courts, lawmakers, and press.
This what we still have in America and hopefully will continue to enjoy despite what various left and right wing totalitarians want.

Treating it like another day at the office guarantees it. "Whataboutism" guarantees it.

Human nature cannot be changed. It can only be taken into account to better handle it for societal gains.
Human societies have lows of behavior same as any other lows of nature.
We cannot change them but can understand them and use to our advantage.
Trump is like thunderstorm. Let it pass and do not let lighting strike you.
And it will be nice sunny weather again.

"Dont worry, be happy"...got it. Chuck D had the best response to that rationale.

And for good reason. What else anyone wants?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
8/12/2018  8:58 AM
GustavBahler wrote:This is the best article I could refer to anyone who is still a strong Trump supporter. The more things change....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/are-trumps-mob-connections-a-coincidence-fuhgeddaboudit/2018/08/10/24b62e2c-9cad-11e8-843b-36e177f3081c_story.html?utm_term=.eb13a36c0734

Check out this thread from the realgm forum.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1736012

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/12/2018  9:57 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Check out this thread from the realgm forum.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1736012

One of the comments was spot on. If you lived in NYC in the 70s and 80s, you knew all about who Trump was, and how he did business. Its weird being out in the sticks, on the other coast, being told by some that they know him better than NYers.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/14/2018  3:19 PM

if an "n" word tape gets released, do the red numbers spike? lol.

Olbrannon
Member: #2919
USA
8/14/2018  9:45 PM
TheGame wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
TheGame wrote:In breaking news, Trump is now saying he wants to have a second summit with Russia (even though the first one was a huge success). What a moron.

I am looking forward to the day when he is no longer President and all of the bullsh$t he has done really comes out. I don't see this ending well for Trump. I wonder if the other former living presidents are going to ignore him in the future (assuming he does not straight to jail).

The material from the Mueller investigation should be used to try him for treason after his term expired or he has been impeached, then the scumbag won't be able pardon himself.

Good idea. I hope the dems don't impeach. I want him to run again, get defeated, and then get sent to jail.

Lock 'im up!

Bill Simmons on Tyreke Evans "The prototypical 0-guard: Someone who handles the ball all the time, looks for his own shot, gets to the rim at will and operates best if his teammates spread the floor to watch him."
Olbrannon
USA
8/14/2018  10:00 PM
djsunyc wrote:

Sean Hannity daily spins as did/does Limbaugh both on construction sites and radios everywhere. Cops, firefighters, construction workers and cabbies. Supplying daily propaganda indoctrination. Faux News.

Scary thought to me is if Pence actually took office. He hears voices. God talks to him

Bill Simmons on Tyreke Evans "The prototypical 0-guard: Someone who handles the ball all the time, looks for his own shot, gets to the rim at will and operates best if his teammates spread the floor to watch him."
arkrud
USA
8/15/2018  8:42 PM
Olbrannon wrote:
djsunyc wrote:

Sean Hannity daily spins as did/does Limbaugh both on construction sites and radios everywhere. Cops, firefighters, construction workers and cabbies. Supplying daily propaganda indoctrination. Faux News.

Scary thought to me is if Pence actually took office. He hears voices. God talks to him

Reminds me Marbury... Does he eat Vaseline?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
djsunyc
8/16/2018  10:21 AM

well once the tape is released, it looks like we got the rigth's talking points.

but..but...but...they say it!!!!

NotInMyHouse
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6433

8/16/2018  11:59 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:Been an interesting thread to read through. I am not really strong politically but this is certainly an interesting time.
I notice this thread is very Anti-Trump but when I speak with most people, I see more division, a bit like the vote. I wonder if the Trump bashing makes the supporters just lay low?
For example, I just went to Amazon, here is the best seller list - top 3.

There's nothing to prevent the clinically stupid from supporting and propagating their alternate reality bull****. I talk to Trump supporters and with neoliberals that have wet dreams about free markets on multiple forums including a couple of facebook forums based on investment groups. Almost all of them literally recite the same garbage without adding a single original thought. If they get bashed they definitely deserve it. If you have anything to add let's hear it.

I don't see the point in speaking with so much hate about an issue that affects everyone. It just keeps the other side from expressing their opinions. In general, that is a part of how Trump won. His supporters were attacked and so laid low. Do what you want, but I see it as being not helpful to your cause, no matter the side. Country needs to come together, not be further divided.

Re having anything to add, I'm not up to speed on all of what has happened. Will try to follow the news more, from a variety of sources of course.

His supporters were attacked? They are doing most of the attacking, not sure where you get your data from. Anything that doesn't fit their alternate reality becomes a left wing conspiracy. If they can win with that level of hate why can't we? Why do we need to entertain their bat**** positions and politics when they can't even get any information not being postedon fox and Breitbart? Who the fukk said we need to engage them to win elections? To hale with this centrist moderation hype, I am done with this.

I will eagerly await any thing substantive you come up with, then we can discuss.

Looking at poll numbers, Black support for Trump, has gone from what he won with at 8% in 2016, to 17% in 2017, to now 36% in 2018. Even if these Rasmussen numbers are 6% or 10% off, these numbers are still huge. (Blacks make up 12.6% of population. Wiki) And it is very interesting this happens right after the Omarosa leak and accusation. And it wasn’t that long ago that the border family separations were heavy in the news. (Not making light of this, rather support is growing though despite it.)

Hispanic support was at 29% or so during the election. Recently there was a 10 point spike. Hispanics (and Latin Americans) made up around 17.8% of the population in 2016 (Wiki). https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/31/good-news-for-the-gop-hispanics-are-boosting-trump/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_and_ethnicity_in_the_United_States

Taking these numbers together, not to mention growing approval over last year, we are talking 10’s of millions of new voters for Trump in 2020 (not to mention mid terms later this year.)

Couple the growing support with great economic numbers, tax cuts, denuclearization proceeding in N. Korea, GDP growth at 4.3%, huge labor participation / very low unemployment, illegal immigration down tremendously (very important for voters), etc. and I don’t see Trump going anywhere soon or in 2020. I understand you can argue any of these points, but the poll numbers are up for a reason.

As I said earlier in the thread, this thread does not appear representative of the average feelings of Americans. Hard to say this in a friendly way, but it doesn’t appear that differing opinions are welcome in this thread. Is it really necessary to cuss and speak down at someone to get your point across? I will keep my interactions here to a minimum. I much prefer to talk about basketball and can not wait for pre season to start.

“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R.R. Martin
Olbrannon
USA
8/18/2018  6:04 AM
As I said earlier in the thread, this thread does not appear representative of the average feelings of Americans

You don’t need a secret decoder ring to see what’s happening here. John Brennan, who knows whereof he speaks, believes that the president is a threat to the security of the United States — a counterintelligence threat, no less, in thrall to President Vladimir Putin of Russia. The president attacks him, severing Mr. Brennan’s access to classified information. The deans of national security rise up to defend him — and, by implication, intelligence officers and federal investigators who are closing in on the White House.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/17/opinion/cia-brennan-trump-letters.html
arkrud
USA
8/18/2018  11:13 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:Been an interesting thread to read through. I am not really strong politically but this is certainly an interesting time.
I notice this thread is very Anti-Trump but when I speak with most people, I see more division, a bit like the vote. I wonder if the Trump bashing makes the supporters just lay low?

There's nothing to prevent the clinically stupid from supporting and propagating their alternate reality bull****. I talk to Trump supporters and with neoliberals that have wet dreams about free markets on multiple forums including a couple of facebook forums based on investment groups. Almost all of them literally recite the same garbage without adding a single original thought. If they get bashed they definitely deserve it. If you have anything to add let's hear it.

I don't see the point in speaking with so much hate about an issue that affects everyone. It just keeps the other side from expressing their opinions. In general, that is a part of how Trump won. His supporters were attacked and so laid low. Do what you want, but I see it as being not helpful to your cause, no matter the side. Country needs to come together, not be further divided.

Re having anything to add, I'm not up to speed on all of what has happened. Will try to follow the news more, from a variety of sources of course.

His supporters were attacked? They are doing most of the attacking, not sure where you get your data from. Anything that doesn't fit their alternate reality becomes a left wing conspiracy. If they can win with that level of hate why can't we? Why do we need to entertain their bat**** positions and politics when they can't even get any information not being postedon fox and Breitbart? Who the fukk said we need to engage them to win elections? To hale with this centrist moderation hype, I am done with this.

I will eagerly await any thing substantive you come up with, then we can discuss.

Looking at poll numbers, Black support for Trump, has gone from what he won with at 8% in 2016, to 17% in 2017, to now 36% in 2018. Even if these Rasmussen numbers are 6% or 10% off, these numbers are still huge. (Blacks make up 12.6% of population. Wiki) And it is very interesting this happens right after the Omarosa leak and accusation. And it wasn’t that long ago that the border family separations were heavy in the news. (Not making light of this, rather support is growing though despite it.)

Hispanic support was at 29% or so during the election. Recently there was a 10 point spike. Hispanics (and Latin Americans) made up around 17.8% of the population in 2016 (Wiki). https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/31/good-news-for-the-gop-hispanics-are-boosting-trump/

Taking these numbers together, not to mention growing approval over last year, we are talking 10’s of millions of new voters for Trump in 2020 (not to mention mid terms later this year.)

Couple the growing support with great economic numbers, tax cuts, denuclearization proceeding in N. Korea, GDP growth at 4.3%, huge labor participation / very low unemployment, illegal immigration down tremendously (very important for voters), etc. and I don’t see Trump going anywhere soon or in 2020. I understand you can argue any of these points, but the poll numbers are up for a reason.

As I said earlier in the thread, this thread does not appear representative of the average feelings of Americans. Hard to say this in a friendly way, but it doesn’t appear that differing opinions are welcome in this thread. Is it really necessary to cuss and speak down at someone to get your point across? I will keep my interactions here to a minimum. I much prefer to talk about basketball and can not wait for pre season to start.

Internet blogs are places of interest which brings together close-minded people.
Why one will actively participate in a blog which is hurting his feelings?
There is enough of this in life already so why hurt yourself more.
UK is heavily democratic leaning to the left and mostly AA which is not an aberration as bbal popularity in recent years is much bigger among African Americans.
Asian Americans are coming along but still not in great numbers.
A lot of whites despite the sport altogether and consider it wrestling-like scam.
This is unfortunate and I hope will change.
But the dem-rep and racial divide do not helping it.
Trump is most annoying to many Americans because he makes truth to come up in its ugly face.
Not by him talking the truth or representing the truth but by making people impossible to hide their true nature.
But the loss of honesty in American public live became the biggest loss in American culture.
The loss that threaten the very nature of our culture and everything we achieve.
Trump is very brutal drug to cure this. A lot of deadly side effect but we need this therapy badly. All of us.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/19/2018  6:33 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Look man, I wasn't cussing at you - I was just venting my frustration at people who discuss poilitics without any actual information to back up what they are saying. If you are Trump supporter and want to talk with actual data I will welcome you with open arms.

And yes I see the black support for Trump is at a all tme high and Hispanics seem to be increasing too. No argument on either of those things. That however does not in anyway mean that what he is doing is working or will benefit the country or the people in any way shape or form. Like I said a populist winning a popularity vote suddenly doesn't become "right" about everything. So let's just stay away from poll numbers which rise and fall with the tide.

I don't actually see great economic numbers do you? I see low unemployment and high underemployment. I see low wages and increasing price of goods. I see war being waged on civil liberties, I see a rise in right wing hate being paraded as white nationalism. So excuse me for not sharing your rah rah optimism here. But I am willing to listen - show me what great economic numbers you are seeing. Let's start with that.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/20/2018  4:22 PM
NotInMyHouse wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Who cares about poll numbers? Plenty of awful politicians out there from both parties who are popular.

Who told you that NK was getting rid of its nukes? They are moving ahead with the next generation of intercontinental missiles. Trump got played.

I doubt the children being held in cages, and abused were included in the poll numbers, not to mention their parents. Immigration is at the lowest its been in 20 plus years. More Mexicans are going home than moving here. Why is everyone pissing in their pants over this.?

Truth is if you or anyone you care about plans on using Social Security down the road should understand, the more people paying into the system, the better.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
8/20/2018  4:29 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NotInMyHouse wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Look man, I wasn't cussing at you - I was just venting my frustration at people who discuss poilitics without any actual information to back up what they are saying. If you are Trump supporter and want to talk with actual data I will welcome you with open arms.

And yes I see the black support for Trump is at a all tme high and Hispanics seem to be increasing too. No argument on either of those things. That however does not in anyway mean that what he is doing is working or will benefit the country or the people in any way shape or form. Like I said a populist winning a popularity vote suddenly doesn't become "right" about everything. So let's just stay away from poll numbers which rise and fall with the tide.

I don't actually see great economic numbers do you? I see low unemployment and high underemployment. I see low wages and increasing price of goods. I see war being waged on civil liberties, I see a rise in right wing hate being paraded as white nationalism. So excuse me for not sharing your rah rah optimism here. But I am willing to listen - show me what great economic numbers you are seeing. Let's start with that.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-georgia/georgia-candidates-decry-plan-to-close-voting-sites-in-mostly-black-county-idUSKCN1L51ZP

The two-member local elections board is expected to vote on Friday on a proposal to shutter seven of nine polling sites in rural Randolph County, located in southwest Georgia, where roughly 60 percent of the 7,800 residents are black.

The board members have said the voting sites violate federal disabilities law because they are not wheelchair accessible.

Clarke said some of the proposed closures are in areas with little or no public transportation, leaving voters miles from voting sites with no realistic way of reaching them.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

8/20/2018  10:38 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I don't actually see great economic numbers do you? I see low unemployment and high underemployment. I see low wages and increasing price of goods.

A larger issue is the birth rate is down. This transcend this current political climate as it's an issue going on for a while now and it's a problem in many Westernized countries. Japan has a massive problem with it's birth rate. Without more babies, there creates a shortage of future workers/tax payers. And with people living longer and improved medicine, that creates a big hit in terms of things like long term care, pensions, retirement, medical coverage, etc, etc.

Japan is an interesting test case as many younger people there have intentionally sought out underemployment. Their culture means the average "family man" is basically chained down to the wheel for life. Many people are valuing quality of life/free time over chasing the next big dollar score. I'm not saying there are not real economic problems, I'm saying there are radical social shifts/cultural shifts that are also making an impact.

It used to be, if a young guy wanted to get laid regular, he had to get married. Taking care of the wife and kids was part of the deal. To support that, he had to keep his nose to the grindstone. Now you don't need to get married to have sex. Hell, many millennials aren't even having much sex. Much less care about marriage or kids. Having a family just looks like a **** deal to many people. Work hard, struggle, then get divorce papers thrown at you and lose your kids. Pay child support for 20 years and be financially ****ed for life.

In previous eras, it was easier to sell the "lie". In the age of information, young people are figuring it out fast. They are just human cattle.

Young men who aren't getting laid, told they suck for being men and then have no male role models or taught anything/taught goals, what incentive do they have to care and help make society better? They go to work, stay silent, hoping not to get sued or dragged into Human Resources for saying the wrong thing to the wrong person and are bombarded all day and night that they are lacking in every conceivable way.

A lot of guys here are a little older. If you guys were 20 again, how would you feel about all of this? Anyone want to wife up a drunk pumped out Tinder whore riddled with herpes and an entitlement complex at night, after spending all day in a corporate cubicle waiting to get outsourced? I stay to the ground because I still know enough people/agents who ask me to mentor up new draftees. I still am wired into kids playing college ball and preparing for the Combine. Their issues are so much more complex than people even just 8-10 years older. It's easy to bang down on them, but the world is so much bigger and so much smaller at the same time for them. In context, we don't understand their problems any better than our parents understood ours at the same age.

We are past the tipping point guys. It's easy to point to one regime or one person or one group, but the reality is this kind of fracturing has been happening for a long while now.

meloshouldgo

8/21/2018  6:56 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I don't actually see great economic numbers do you? I see low unemployment and high underemployment. I see low wages and increasing price of goods.

A larger issue is the birth rate is down. This transcend this current political climate as it's an issue going on for a while now and it's a problem in many Westernized countries. Japan has a massive problem with it's birth rate. Without more babies, there creates a shortage of future workers/tax payers. And with people living longer and improved medicine, that creates a big hit in terms of things like long term care, pensions, retirement, medical coverage, etc, etc.

Japan is an interesting test case as many younger people there have intentionally sought out underemployment. Their culture means the average "family man" is basically chained down to the wheel for life. Many people are valuing quality of life/free time over chasing the next big dollar score. I'm not saying there are not real economic problems, I'm saying there are radical social shifts/cultural shifts that are also making an impact.

It used to be, if a young guy wanted to get laid regular, he had to get married. Taking care of the wife and kids was part of the deal. To support that, he had to keep his nose to the grindstone. Now you don't need to get married to have sex. Hell, many millennials aren't even having much sex. Much less care about marriage or kids. Having a family just looks like a **** deal to many people. Work hard, struggle, then get divorce papers thrown at you and lose your kids. Pay child support for 20 years and be financially ****ed for life.

In previous eras, it was easier to sell the "lie". In the age of information, young people are figuring it out fast. They are just human cattle.

Young men who aren't getting laid, told they suck for being men and then have no male role models or taught anything/taught goals, what incentive do they have to care and help make society better? They go to work, stay silent, hoping not to get sued or dragged into Human Resources for saying the wrong thing to the wrong person and are bombarded all day and night that they are lacking in every conceivable way.

A lot of guys here are a little older. If you guys were 20 again, how would you feel about all of this? Anyone want to wife up a drunk pumped out Tinder whore riddled with herpes and an entitlement complex at night, after spending all day in a corporate cubicle waiting to get outsourced? I stay to the ground because I still know enough people/agents who ask me to mentor up new draftees. I still am wired into kids playing college ball and preparing for the Combine. Their issues are so much more complex than people even just 8-10 years older. It's easy to bang down on them, but the world is so much bigger and so much smaller at the same time for them. In context, we don't understand their problems any better than our parents understood ours at the same age.

We are past the tipping point guys. It's easy to point to one regime or one person or one group, but the reality is this kind of fracturing has been happening for a long while now.

I like reading your analysis because you come up with your own conclusions instead of parroting articles you read. But why this hate on women? And constant casting them into negative stereotypes?

djsunyc
8/21/2018  12:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/21/2018  12:44 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

imho, birth rate being down is a good thing. US can't provide health care for everyone nor proper education. more people make that worse in this capitalistic society.

government and population were not equipped to handle the technology boom of the past 20 years.

djsunyc
8/21/2018  12:44 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:But why this hate on women? And constant casting them into negative stereotypes?

you caught that too?

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
8/21/2018  1:05 PM

this is not reality

meloshouldgo

8/21/2018  4:25 PM
anrst wrote:

this is not reality

I disagree with the gender based stereotyping, but I agree with his larger point. The institutionof marriageis becoming increasingly more irrelevant. Japan IS a good example, young people there are actively shunning it and this will follow into other societies. He also made a great point about most of the working class basically being indentured slaves controlled via debt and fear of repercussion thru job loss. This is what the "free world" has "evolved" into. Most people are not free to make life choices - from very early on a set of false moral equivalents ( like monogamy being better and "normal" and righteous) and social norms (you need have a certain lifestyle to be considered a success or even human) drive all their choices to fall inside a very narrow band that basically leads to increased stress over time. Almost everybody at work is serving out time to pay off their debt and thatis what we now call "freedom".

OT - Trump & Russia

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy