[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks waive Troy Williams
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

7/16/2018  1:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2018  1:30 PM

Folks know I'm a big fan of Baker, but I don't feel good about Williams going and Baker still being around, even if Troy is a little too undisciplined as a player when given the freedom.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/16/2018  1:29 PM
That sucks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/16/2018  1:31 PM
WHOA, does this even make sense? Why not wait til Opening night.... unless there is a follow up move?

Let him get a contract and team that he likes?

Don't the Knicks lack SFs?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/16/2018  1:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:That sucks.

Just added an additional comment...I feel bad about this, even though he is not a long term solution.

When he is under control, which he was for much of the time he played for us in the regular season, his is a nice player to have around for certain moments.

Was out of control too much in SL, though.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/16/2018  1:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2018  1:42 PM
Thats weird. Hope this doesnt mean Hardaway at the 3 again. Hope it doesnt mean Knox is going to be starting right away. It was only SL. Troy showed enough last season to overlook the mistakes. Like to see what this means for the rotation. Maybe Hezonja is going to be playing some 3. Fizdale wanted a big lineup.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/16/2018  1:43 PM
wtf -- how does this make any sense. Ron ****ing Baker?
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/16/2018  1:45 PM
Doesn't make a lot of sense but it shows the level of trust they have in Knox to contribute right away at SF.
CrushAlot
USA
7/16/2018  1:47 PM
martin wrote:WHOA, does this even make sense? Why not wait til Opening night.... unless there is a follow up move?

Also, does this mean they are keeping Noah on the roster for the season? They have talked about wanting to bring in a high character vet at the 4/5. Maybe that is the follow up move. I didn't expect this though.
blkexec
Member: #748
7/16/2018  1:48 PM
I don't get this move....But I'm not the one in charge, and I'm sure there's a good explanation that will come out later.

I thought Troy Williams played good last year and was good in the summer league. I'm sure they saw the same thing, so something must be up.

Hardaway at the 3 is probably going to be the same. Courtney Lee is still on the team correct? Add in the new guy from Orlando, there was limited minutes for Troy. But outside of running and jumping, he doesn't add much value, unless he has Mitchell Robinson size / measurements.

I'm still a Troy fan and hope for the best with his career moving forward.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/16/2018  1:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:WHOA, does this even make sense? Why not wait til Opening night.... unless there is a follow up move?

Also, does this mean they are keeping Noah on the roster for the season? They have talked about wanting to bring in a high character vet at the 4/5. Maybe that is the follow up move. I didn't expect this though.

I need some clarification on Noah. Do the Knicks free up more cap space if they stretch him next offseason?

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
CrushAlot
USA
7/16/2018  2:01 PM
blkexec wrote:I don't get this move....But I'm not the one in charge, and I'm sure there's a good explanation that will come out later.

I thought Troy Williams played good last year and was good in the summer league. I'm sure they saw the same thing, so something must be up.

Hardaway at the 3 is probably going to be the same. Courtney Lee is still on the team correct? Add in the new guy from Orlando, there was limited minutes for Troy. But outside of running and jumping, he doesn't add much value, unless he has Mitchell Robinson size / measurements.

I wonder if he ends up back in Houston.
CrushAlot
USA
7/16/2018  2:08 PM
martin
USA
7/16/2018  2:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I don't think there is much the Knicks can do with Noah at this point that would yield them an advantage until the NEXT move - with the available cap space - is determined.

I did forget about Hezonja, maybe the Knicks feel Mario, Knox, and a small ball version of Lee/THJr/Dot/Baker will be getting minutes at the SG/SF spots.

Also, maybe this was a favor to Troy to latch on to another team sooner rather than later.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/16/2018  2:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
blkexec wrote:I don't get this move....But I'm not the one in charge, and I'm sure there's a good explanation that will come out later.

I wonder if he ends up back in Houston.

Well....they are in need of a SF. I think any playoff team could use him off the bench in spurts. If he has it going, leave him in. If not, take him out. He doesn't hurt good teams, but I guess he takes minutes away from young developing teams. I'm assuming they let him go because his trade value was low.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

7/16/2018  2:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2018  2:14 PM
How much head scratching do we need here? An NBA player I suppose but only at the end of the bench. Good luck to him though.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/16/2018  2:29 PM
Over Hicks?

There has to be deeper meaning.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
USA
7/16/2018  2:30 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Over Hicks?

2-way players don't count towards the 15 man roster?

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/16/2018  2:46 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Over Hicks?

2-way players don't count towards the 15 man roster?

Yea that's right. Which means the move was strictly for the roster spot. So for the decision to happen this early must mean something is in the works which they are gonna take back multiple players?

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/16/2018  3:01 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I need some clarification on Noah. Do the Knicks free up more cap space if they stretch him next offseason?

They free up more space if they stretch him after Sept 1. It would not increase if they wait all the way until next summer. There is no rush to stretch his contract, anytime after Sept 1 clears them about 12 mil for next summer.

knicks1248
Member: #582
7/16/2018  3:05 PM
Baker is probably going to get waived like KUZ, I heard perry and fiz talking about still adding a vet big and how thats very important to the development, then berman wrote an article about baker . troy makes peanuts, and with they way he played in summer league, it would be kind of be cruel to keep him and he can possible missed out on more money and a larger role. chances are troy requested the release
ES
Knicks waive Troy Williams

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy