FINAL Vegas Summer League Game 5 - Knicks vs New Orleans, 430 ET, ESPN3
Author Thread
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
7/13/2018  11:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:how has dotson played?

Dotson, 15 points on 6 of 7 shooting. Give feedback if you watched the game, but it looks like having a guy who can play some point made a big difference this game.

Hit some shots finally but thats all. Defense poor, some dumb plays. Hit 2 outside shots with his foot on the 3 pt line.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
AUTOADVERT
BigRedDog
Member: #569
7/14/2018  12:00 AM
None of these guys look like any type of future prospects including Hicks. Disappointed in Troy williams too. I never saw a guy fall down so much. Handle is poor and outside shot is unreliable, just chucks up shots. He is athletic and hustles but thats about it. We don't have any great outside 3 pt shooters. We should have picked up that guy the Lakers got, Svi Mykhalaiuk.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/14/2018  12:24 AM
BigRedDog wrote:None of these guys look like any type of future prospects including Hicks. Disappointed in Troy williams too. I never saw a guy fall down so much. Handle is poor and outside shot is unreliable, just chucks up shots. He is athletic and hustles but thats about it. We don't have any great outside 3 pt shooters. We should have picked up that guy the Lakers got, Svi Mykhalaiuk.

Mudiay falls down all the time but doesn't finish as well. I agree about Hucks but I like the division 2 kid. If he goes to camp with the Knicks they can protect him from the g league draft and get him to Westchester.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

7/14/2018  12:24 AM
Our 2nd year players could not have been less impressive.

Dotson and Kornet....Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hicks....meh where is his upside?

Troy....meh...where is the feel for the game and any sense of maturity?

Trier I think was impressive with his ability to get to rim and get buckets.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/14/2018  12:47 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Our 2nd year players could not have been less impressive.

I wasn't that impressed with Frank either. Frank played 22+ minutes a night in the NBA last year. I thought he would blow up in the summer league this year. I was disappointed he only played 2 games.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/14/2018  10:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/14/2018  10:55 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

I wasn't that impressed with Frank either. Frank played 22+ minutes a night in the NBA last year. I thought he would blow up in the summer league this year. I was disappointed he only played 2 games.

Was he out because of the injury? Might be too many drills, not enough 5 on 5..I dont count his first game, might have been instructed to get the rooks going first.

The second game was a mixed bag. More aggressive, looked for his shot more, still not driving enough. The next opportunity to show improvement in that area is preseason.

Said last season, if Frank goes from the end of last season through the summer, SL, camp, preseason, regular season, and there still isnt a noticeable improvement in his takes to the rim, Wouldnt be surprised if Frank is available for trade next summer.

Might not be able to land that big FA, but Perry/Mills might try to improve by trade. Still a ways off, plenty of time for Frank to figure things out.

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

7/14/2018  2:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Frank is at least very young and I get the sense he was a fish out of water in his first game given no structure to offense and first exposure to Vegas / summer ball.

I am concerned with Franks athleticism or lack there of. Was hoping some of his off season workouts would make him appear faster, quicker..more explosive but didn’t see that and he is still very poor for nba pg at finishing around the rim. He needs to really improve on shooting/making shots at rim.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/14/2018  2:37 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Frank is at least very young and I get the sense he was a fish out of water in his first game given no structure to offense and first exposure to Vegas / summer ball.

I am concerned with Franks athleticism or lack there of. Was hoping some of his off season workouts would make him appear faster, quicker..more explosive but didn’t see that and he is still very poor for nba pg at finishing around the rim. He needs to really improve on shooting/making shots at rim.

Disagree. The fact that he didn't get sped up an was able to play at his own pace suggested his athleticism is good enough. Greg Anthony made the point that Frank is smooth when he is aggressive. He was able to get too any spot he wanted. That's what I look for.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
reub
Member: #6227

7/14/2018  4:29 PM

I sent Dotson a direct message through Twitter where I tore into him and told him that he's been invisible. I lit a fire under his ass.
Kornet has hardly played so I can't make a judgement. I do like his game.
Hicks is nothing special.
Troy is reckless and hardly made an outside shot. I don't see him as being a big part of our future.
I hated Trier at the beginning when he wouldn't give the ball up but he seemed to play better with time.
Frank is still younger than most of the draft picks and he'll be just fine. When he didn't play our defense went right to crap.

FINAL Vegas Summer League Game 5 - Knicks vs New Orleans, 430 ET, ESPN3

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy