[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Vegas Summer League Game 4 - Knicks vs Boston, 430 ET, ESPN2
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

7/12/2018  6:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/12/2018  6:42 PM
Knox with a Melo like shooting performance, but to his credit he passes the rock. And it's possible the coaches were egging him on to shoot. Mitchell Robinson good defensive effort and some good cleanup on the offensive glass.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
WP76
Member: #4508

7/12/2018  6:29 PM
rpknicks wrote:the physical defense of the celtics bothered knox today, not dissimilar to what we've seen happen to KP. I like that he tried to play through it. He's just got to get stronger and work on his counters and I think he will. Robinson had his best game of the summer league. Did not make as many mistakes and his activity level was sky high.

Whether it's summer league, preseason, or regular season, the Celtics version of the Alpha Dog makes us roll over and pee on ourselves. Until that changes and we learn to stand up to those guys, they will continue to own us. They know it and we know it.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/12/2018  6:39 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Troy Williams is a dumb player

i think he fits well on an NBA team, he's not a leader and he's being asked to step up...which i dont think he can

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/12/2018  6:47 PM
WP76 wrote:
rpknicks wrote:the physical defense of the celtics bothered knox today, not dissimilar to what we've seen happen to KP. I like that he tried to play through it. He's just got to get stronger and work on his counters and I think he will. Robinson had his best game of the summer league. Did not make as many mistakes and his activity level was sky high.

Whether it's summer league, preseason, or regular season, the Celtics version of the Alpha Dog makes us roll over and pee on ourselves. Until that changes and we learn to stand up to those guys, they will continue to own us. They know it and we know it.

I disagree, they got off to a good start and our O&D was non-existent in the beginning. That's not rolling over...if anything they mounted a comeback there at the end.

Our problem...We are asking Trier to be a scoring PG, which he isn't.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
7/12/2018  7:20 PM
Boston out hustled us all game. Besides Knox, Robinson and Trier the rest is trash.
Biggest disappointment in SL has been Dotson. He SUCKS. I don't know what he did in the offseason but he got worse. How is that possible??? People think he got too muscular but body looks the same. Outside shot was awful, defense bad, can't pass, really not good. @nd yr players are supposed to excel, Dotson did nothing. SG needs a great outside shot-- Dotson couldn't hit ****. I would look at other teams castoffs and pick up some. We have NO outside shooting from any of these guys. I would take Trier any day over Dotson.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/12/2018  7:40 PM
BigRedDog wrote:Boston out hustled us all game. Besides Knox, Robinson and Trier the rest is trash.
Biggest disappointment in SL has been Dotson. He SUCKS. I don't know what he did in the offseason but he got worse. How is that possible??? People think he got too muscular but body looks the same. Outside shot was awful, defense bad, can't pass, really not good. @nd yr players are supposed to excel, Dotson did nothing. SG needs a great outside shot-- Dotson couldn't hit ****. I would look at other teams castoffs and pick up some. We have NO outside shooting from any of these guys. I would take Trier any day over Dotson.

Closing minutes of game and Knicks down by like 5 and Dot gets pass to sideline 3pt territory and he is WIDE open.... and he hesitates and dribbles ball, no shot.

In the very least the dude's confidence is shot

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
7/12/2018  7:59 PM
martin
USA
7/12/2018  8:07 PM
martin
USA
7/12/2018  8:20 PM
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/12/2018  8:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/12/2018  9:15 PM
In one draft, we have recreated our team. Robison should have been a freaking top-10 pick and Knox should have been picked 2-3 spots earlier. All we have to do is be patient, but in 2 years we are going to have the best team in the East other than Boston and we might take Kyrie from them.
Trust the Process
RSparrow2
Member: #6473

7/12/2018  8:34 PM
BigRedDog wrote:Boston out hustled us all game. Besides Knox, Robinson and Trier the rest is trash.

I agree with this, has nothing to do with intimidation, outside of 3-4 players, no one else on the Knick team was good. Boston had the better talent overall, have had a lot of draft picks over the last 2 years. We had no one that could consistently hit 3's.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/12/2018  8:59 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Knox with a Melo like shooting performance, but to his credit he passes the rock. And it's possible the coaches were egging him on to shoot. Mitchell Robinson good defensive effort and some good cleanup on the offensive glass.
Yeah i think the difference is that knox can do other things even when he has an off night. I think he has good defensive potential and the effort is there. Mitchell is gonna be good once he gets his conditioning up to speed and polishes a few things. I think maybe starting in the g league will help with that and he should be up fairly quickly
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/12/2018  9:00 PM
TheGame wrote:In one draft, we have recreated our team. Robison should have been anfreaking too-10 pick and Knox should have been picked 2-3 spots earlier. All we have to do is be patient, but in 2 years we are going nt to have the best team in the East other than Boston and we might take Kyrie from them.
Yup. Him skipping this year and the workouts wound up being a blessing in disguise for us because no question he is a first round talent
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
7/12/2018  9:43 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
TheGame wrote:In one draft, we have recreated our team. Robison should have been anfreaking too-10 pick and Knox should have been picked 2-3 spots earlier. All we have to do is be patient, but in 2 years we are going nt to have the best team in the East other than Boston and we might take Kyrie from them.
Yup. Him skipping this year and the workouts wound up being a blessing in disguise for us because no question he is a first round talent

Fran Frashillo(sp?)said that if Robinson had gone to college he would have been drafted in the #5-#10 draft slot.

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/12/2018  11:06 PM
TheGame wrote:In one draft, we have recreated our team. Robison should have been a freaking top-10 pick and Knox should have been picked 2-3 spots earlier. All we have to do is be patient, but in 2 years we are going to have the best team in the East other than Boston and we might take Kyrie from them.
This. Usually Trier would be the gem of the summer. To get Knox and Robinson in the same draft was amazing.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WP76
Member: #4508

7/12/2018  11:26 PM
With KOQ gone, what do we really gain with Robinson in Westchester? Wouldn't he and the team both be better served by letting him play against the big boys? He would have the luxury of taking his lumps and learning against the best the game has to offer while enjoying a backdrop of minimal expectations. I just think this guy's potential warrants taking that chance. In meaningful games I'd take him over Noah (if that's the choice) in a nanosecond.
blkexec
Member: #748
7/12/2018  11:50 PM
Of course. The one game I miss. And Robinson goes off. great. lol

Based on posters.....Dotson struggled again. I guess fiz can't give Dotson the green light anymore. I think he still has courtney lee potential.....But Trier is knocking....Baker is also on the roster.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/12/2018  11:57 PM
blkexec wrote:Of course. The one game I miss. And Robinson goes off. great. lol

Based on posters.....Dotson struggled again. I guess fiz can't give Dotson the green light anymore. I think he still has courtney lee potential.....But Trier is knocking....Baker is also on the roster.

You can catch replays in espn.com or the espn app
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/13/2018  2:45 AM
WP76 wrote:With KOQ gone, what do we really gain with Robinson in Westchester? Wouldn't he and the team both be better served by letting him play against the big boys?

The NBA regular season is basically attrition. None of these rookies have ever been exposed to anything like this. The number of games, the media commitments, the team commitments, the amount of travel, the level of competition. The team is better off, if they can, let him work the G League until the 2nd half of the season. Then give him some burn. If Kornet stays, would also be good to see what they have in Kornet. Noah, assuming he stays, is going to get hurt eventually. Better to run him hard to start, then when he gets hurt, to shelve him then and then maybe call up Robinson.

Overtaxing rookies is a good way to get them injured. Big men with no rapport with NBA refs also get zero calls.

Wouldn't be the worse thing in the world for a rookie to sit in the G League for the first half. Esp a guy who didn't play college ball.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/13/2018  4:11 AM
martin wrote:

WTF?!

Vegas Summer League Game 4 - Knicks vs Boston, 430 ET, ESPN2

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy