[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I can see us in Playoffs without KP
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

7/12/2018  7:59 AM
I’m really impressed by franks growth as a player again he’s only 19. I think he has the inside track as fiz’s starting PG. The first game he was just getting a feel for his teammates that’s what every good PG/leader will/should do esp when the games are meaningless summer league. The second game, is more of what I expect to see from our lockdown 19 year old defensive floor general.

I have a feeling we start the season with a SL of

Robinson,Kornet,Noah?
Hezonja,beasley,?
Knox,Lee,hicks
Thjr,Dotson,tier
Frank,Burke,Mudiay

Will that be the youngest starting 5 in the league? I think Beasley comes back on another vet min deal, knicks could get Perry and fiz to talk him into it. Also I put Lee in there because he’s still on the team but wouldn’t be surprised if moved for a backup sf.

AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/12/2018  8:16 AM
fitzfarm wrote:I’m really impressed by franks growth as a player again he’s only 19. I think he has the inside track as fiz’s starting PG. The first game he was just getting a feel for his teammates that’s what every good PG/leader will/should do esp when the games are meaningless summer league. The second game, is more of what I expect to see from our lockdown 19 year old defensive floor general.

Robinson,Kornet,Noah?
Hezonja,beasley,?
Knox,Lee,hicks
Thjr,Dotson,tier
Frank,Burke,Mudiay

Will that be the youngest starting 5 in the league? I think Beasley comes back on another vet min deal, knicks could get Perry and fiz to talk him into it. Also I put Lee in there because he’s still on the team but wouldn’t be surprised if moved for a backup sf.

Tier is a 2 way player, he can only spend 45 days with the team, same with hicks.

ES
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/12/2018  9:07 AM
fitzfarm wrote:I’m really impressed by franks growth as a player again he’s only 19. I think he has the inside track as fiz’s starting PG. The first game he was just getting a feel for his teammates that’s what every good PG/leader will/should do esp when the games are meaningless summer league. The second game, is more of what I expect to see from our lockdown 19 year old defensive floor general.

Robinson,Kornet,Noah?
Hezonja,beasley,?
Knox,Lee,hicks
Thjr,Dotson,tier
Frank,Burke,Mudiay

Kanter not even in the rotation? Lee will backup Thjr, Williams would be in the lineup before Trier, as will Baker. Robinson will get more mins as the backup PF.

Kanter, Kornet, Noah
Hezonja, Robinson
Knox, Williams
Thjr, Lee, Dotson, Baker
Frank?, Burke, Mudiay

Probably play Noah and slide Kornet to get the left over mins at PF.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/12/2018  9:17 AM
KP would have to play the entire season for this team to come anywhere near the playoffs.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Mike1989
Member: #8627

7/12/2018  7:22 PM
Gudris wrote:so many bad teams in the East, THj, Kanter, Knox, Frank, Burke, Mudiy, etc is definitely 8th seed in the East

Here's my prediction for the east next year:

Top four seed locks
- Celtics
- 76ers
- Raptors

Barring any major injuries or significant regression, this trio should remain in the top four seeds.

Fringe top four
- Pacers
- Bucks
- Wizards

The Pacers are my favorite to make the top four if Oladipo's breakout year was legit and he can back it up. However, the Bucks and Wizards underachieved last season. Both have added a new center in free agency and have all stars on their rosters. The Bucks have a new head coach. These teams should be ranked 4-6.

7/8 Seed contenders
- Heat
- Cavs
- Pistons
- Hornets

The Heat haven't really do anything this off season but their coaching and culture should help them remain a play off contender next season. I guess if Winslow and Richardson continue to improve and reach borderline all star status or even have an all star breakout, then the Heat could gatecrash the top four but I'd say they are a safe bet for a 7th or 8th seed.

Pistons were 3 and 1 with Jackson, Griffin and Drummond. With them healthy and a new coach they should make the play offs as a 7th or 8th seed.

Cavs and Hornets are in the same boat. They'll try and compete but it might only be a matter of time before they start trading away their best players for salary dumps and picks.

So can we gatecrash the play offs?

Probably not unless we see at least one all star emergence from someone on this roster like Hardaway or Kanter, a Donovan Mitchell like rookie season from Knox, and efficient production from everyone else. It wouldn't be impossible for us to overactive next season, but I'd say we will likely be around a similar win total to last season, or perhaps some improve into the mix 30 win range. I'd love to see gatecrash the play offs but I can't see it.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/12/2018  7:28 PM
Mike1989 wrote:
Gudris wrote:so many bad teams in the East, THj, Kanter, Knox, Frank, Burke, Mudiy, etc is definitely 8th seed in the East

Top four seed locks
- Celtics
- 76ers
- Raptors

Barring any major injuries or significant regression, this trio should remain in the top four seeds.

Fringe top four
- Pacers
- Bucks
- Wizards

The Pacers are my favorite to make the top four if Oladipo's breakout year was legit and he can back it up. However, the Bucks and Wizards underachieved last season. Both have added a new center in free agency and have all stars on their rosters. The Bucks have a new head coach. These teams should be ranked 4-6.

7/8 Seed contenders
- Heat
- Cavs
- Pistons
- Hornets

The Heat haven't really do anything this off season but their coaching and culture should help them remain a play off contender next season. I guess if Winslow and Richardson continue to improve and reach borderline all star status or even have an all star breakout, then the Heat could gatecrash the top four but I'd say they are a safe bet for a 7th or 8th seed.

Pistons were 3 and 1 with Jackson, Griffin and Drummond. With them healthy and a new coach they should make the play offs as a 7th or 8th seed.

Cavs and Hornets are in the same boat. They'll try and compete but it might only be a matter of time before they start trading away their best players for salary dumps and picks.

Probably not unless we see at least one all star emergence from someone on this roster like Hardaway or Kanter, a Donovan Mitchell like rookie season from Knox, and efficient production from everyone else. It wouldn't be impossible for us to overactive next season, but I'd say we will likely be around a similar win total to last season, or perhaps some improve into the mix 30 win range. I'd love to see gatecrash the play offs but I can't see it.

Counting is clearly not tote strong suite is it?
Two top fours listed with three teams each 😀😀

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/12/2018  7:43 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:

Top four seed locks
- Celtics
- 76ers
- Raptors

Fringe top four
- Pacers
- Bucks
- Wizards

7/8 Seed contenders
- Heat
- Cavs
- Pistons
- Hornets

Counting is clearly not tote strong suite is it?
Two top fours listed with three teams each 😀😀

at first I read it that way but figured he meant that those teams are a lock for one of the four top spots, not that THESE are the 4 that will be in the top 4.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
OjilEye
Member: #3017
USA
7/12/2018  7:54 PM
Mike1989 wrote:

Top four seed locks
- Celtics
- 76ers
- Raptors

Fringe top four
- Pacers
- Bucks
- Wizards

7/8 Seed contenders
- Heat
- Cavs
- Pistons
- Hornets

I agree with these predictions. I think the Knicks cracking the playoffs is a very, VERY long shot. We've got a lot of young, talented studs but they're extremely raw. It will take time for everything to gel and we won't even have KP for a good chunk of the season. Either way, it's a win-win scenario in terms of a bad record (better chances at a higher lottery pick) or sneaking into the 7th or 8th seed (unlikely, but could deliver fantastic experience for the young bloods, institutes a winning mindset to the players, and would make the Knicks more attractive for free agents).

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/12/2018  8:29 PM

Mudiay is one of the worst players in the NBA , A team that will feature 4 rotation players from a summer league team that won 1 game won't come anywhere near the playoffs

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
7/12/2018  10:11 PM
last thing i want this year is getting in the playoffs. i want to play nothing but youth and come back in ‘19-20 with kp, a high #1 and 2 and go for it.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/12/2018  10:28 PM
Marv wrote:last thing i want this year is getting in the playoffs. i want to play nothing but youth and come back in ‘19-20 with kp, a high #1 and 2 and go for it.

Don't forget the cap space! Don't for get the cap space!

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
7/12/2018  11:14 PM
I like starting Burke & Hardaway together with Ntilikina being able to sub in for either player.
My depth chart would look as follows:

Pg: Burke, Ntlinkina, Mudiay
Sg: Hardaway,Dotson, C.Lee??
Sf: Hezonja, Williams
Pf: Knox, Kornet,L.Thomas
C: Kanter, Robinson, Noah

KP,Trier,Hicks

dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
7/13/2018  5:15 AM
Interestingly these Summer League performances are kinda what I would expect/hope for in the regular season this year. Good to great showing of our talent/long term pieces while losing games due to underachieving of "soon to be gone" players (sub in Lee, Thomas, possible THJr for the Dotsons and Hicks of SL).

Hence the end result would be another Lottery pick in 2019 while developing solid talent - I will care about establishing a "winning culture" after KP is back in 2019/20.
Future is looking bright!!!

Mike1989

7/13/2018  5:19 AM
Marv wrote:last thing i want this year is getting in the playoffs. i want to play nothing but youth and come back in ‘19-20 with kp, a high #1 and 2 and go for it.

The question is would tanking for a high pick prevent us from being a contender in 2019 free agency?

The top free agents don't tend to go to teams on the back of a tanking season, with an injury prone star talent coming off an ACL injury.

Now if we made the play offs without KP and got swept by the top seed, that would be more appealing to free agents because we got there without our star and a top level free agent. So our pitch is adding them plus a returning KP could see us make a jump into contender status in the east.

So it's a difficult one because as nice as it would be to add another top pick to this team, it might make adding one or two max level free agents more difficult unless they truly want to play in New York at Madison Square Garden, which is always touted to be a huge thing but in recent times players have tended to go elsewhere. For me I'd rather see us be competitive next season because that would aid the development of our players and culture, while also giving us the best chance to show potential free agents that we've got appealing talent other than KP.

dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
7/13/2018  6:32 AM
Mike1989 wrote:

The question is would tanking for a high pick prevent us from being a contender in 2019 free agency?

The top free agents don't tend to go to teams on the back of a tanking season, with an injury prone star talent coming off an ACL injury.

Now if we made the play offs without KP and got swept by the top seed, that would be more appealing to free agents because we got there without our star and a top level free agent. So our pitch is adding them plus a returning KP could see us make a jump into contender status in the east.

So it's a difficult one because as nice as it would be to add another top pick to this team, it might make adding one or two max level free agents more difficult unless they truly want to play in New York at Madison Square Garden, which is always touted to be a huge thing but in recent times players have tended to go elsewhere. For me I'd rather see us be competitive next season because that would aid the development of our players and culture, while also giving us the best chance to show potential free agents that we've got appealing talent other than KP.

You mean... like the Lakers?

Mike1989

7/13/2018  9:21 AM
dodger78 wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:

Lakers didn't tank. They finished on 35 win and their young core progressed. They played competitively and not draft focused. If we did the same and finished with a similar win count we could still be a factor in free agency. However a tank job for a top pick could put free agents off. The Lakers built a strong young core and style of play and culture. So year on year it's been building towards this off season.

It is worth noting that LeBron heading to LA has been speculated about for years. When he left Miami there were rumors, there were rumors before he extended short term with the Cavs, and rumors again this off season. His kid has committed to play in LA, he's got a production company and interest in Hollywood. So there was always a lot going for LA. He might say he's joined them to win, but I think most look at it as a nice final pay day in a huge market with excellent lifestyle benefits.

Don't get me wrong players do apparently want to play here but we've not been a free agent draw in quite some time. There are attractions to playing here but we've not got the banners that the Lakers do, the media here can be tough to deal with, our owner hasn't exactly been great for us, our front office hasn't always done well for us, and we've gone through head coaches for fun. So for every positive there are negatives. So for us to be attractive next year we need to be competitive and promote a strong culture that proves our front office knows what it's doing and has a long term plan, and our coaching staff are building a strong and positive culture that sets up a long term play off team here and ideally contender.

For me next season we have to try to win games, not tank for another high pick.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/13/2018  9:27 AM
TheGame wrote:If Knox plays like Jason Tatum did last year, it is a possibility. But more than likely we finish about the same as last year's record.

yeah, I'm sure that Al Horford, Kyrie Irving, Terry Rozier, Marcus Morris, Marcus Morris, and Aron baynes had nothing to do with that either

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/13/2018  9:33 AM
Mike1989 wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:

Lakers didn't tank. They finished on 35 win and their young core progressed. They played competitively and not draft focused. If we did the same and finished with a similar win count we could still be a factor in free agency. However a tank job for a top pick could put free agents off. The Lakers built a strong young core and style of play and culture. So year on year it's been building towards this off season.

It is worth noting that LeBron heading to LA has been speculated about for years. When he left Miami there were rumors, there were rumors before he extended short term with the Cavs, and rumors again this off season. His kid has committed to play in LA, he's got a production company and interest in Hollywood. So there was always a lot going for LA. He might say he's joined them to win, but I think most look at it as a nice final pay day in a huge market with excellent lifestyle benefits.

Don't get me wrong players do apparently want to play here but we've not been a free agent draw in quite some time. There are attractions to playing here but we've not got the banners that the Lakers do, the media here can be tough to deal with, our owner hasn't exactly been great for us, our front office hasn't always done well for us, and we've gone through head coaches for fun. So for every positive there are negatives. So for us to be attractive next year we need to be competitive and promote a strong culture that proves our front office knows what it's doing and has a long term plan, and our coaching staff are building a strong and positive culture that sets up a long term play off team here and ideally contender.

what was our last big free agent signing that actually worked out? Maybe Allan Houston?

I really don't care if FA avoid us in 2019. In fact, I don't want us spending money just because we have it (THjr, Amare). I'd rather keep our powder fresh, keep flexibility and continue to try to find impact players in the draft.

I want us to lose 82 games by 1 pt every game!

I think there are different ways to lose. We can lose close games, be competitive. Or, like we've done in the past, be down 10/20 points in the first half, opening minutes and cruise to the loss.

I think our play will surprise people. I don't know that it will translate to wins. And that is ok.

I want a FA to look at us, say - I can take them over the top. I can make a difference. I can make an impact.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/13/2018  10:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2018  10:07 AM
franco12 wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:

what was our last big free agent signing that actually worked out? Maybe Allan Houston?

I really don't care if FA avoid us in 2019. In fact, I don't want us spending money just because we have it (THjr, Amare). I'd rather keep our powder fresh, keep flexibility and continue to try to find impact players in the draft.

I think there are different ways to lose. We can lose close games, be competitive. Or, like we've done in the past, be down 10/20 points in the first half, opening minutes and cruise to the loss.

I think our play will surprise people. I don't know that it will translate to wins. And that is ok.

I want a FA to look at us, say - I can take them over the top. I can make a difference. I can make an impact.

Perry said in an interview recently that they wouldnt sign an FA just to make a splash in 2019, if the players on their wish list, arent available. Good to know, and a break from the past.

Believe it comes down to being ready to fully take advantage of an FA signing. Dont bring in a max player too soon, who might be pushing 30 when the Knicks are ready to contend. Dont waste years, and cap room, when its clear the team still has some learning, building to do. Our young players need PT, experience.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/13/2018  10:21 AM
franco12 wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:
dodger78 wrote:
Mike1989 wrote:

I wonder if they consider trading Kanter's expiring for a longer term deal and another first rounder (like nets w/Carrol) if it looks like they can't move Lee to get more cap space. It might be the way to go. A lot of talk about growing the roster organically. They nailed the draft and coaching choice this year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
I can see us in Playoffs without KP

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy