[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Between Knox, Robinson and Trier, who do you think will have the best rookie year?
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/12/2018  12:52 PM
blkexec wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:KNox.

The others will not be in the NBA all year. Trier is a G league player. Robinson too but his athleticism may keep him in the NBA.

Robinson had not impressed me, but i hope to see more of him. Knox has looked good, but i don't think he is a creator on offense. Trier looks horrible.

I didn't watch the full game, but the part i did watch, i couldn't agree with you more, but then this morning i read this..

Remember these are the David Fizdale Knicks of positionless basketball.

According to sources, failed PED tests were not the overriding reason the Arizona sharpshooter didn’t get drafted, allowing the Knicks to snag him on a two-way G-League contract. It was partly Trier’s reputation as a shot-happy player who rarely looked to set up teammates.

Trier torpedoed that label Tuesday in the Knicks’ loss to the Lakers. The 6-foot-5 guard racked up 21 points, five assists and 10 rebounds. He shot 8-of-13 from the field.

I think Melo and JR and all the other gunners we've had hurt our viewpoint on Trier. JR and Melo are not bad players. But they are stuck in their ways. But if Trier is a young JR....Like somebody said. Is that a problem? For an undrafted rookie.. I think that's a compliment.

As long as he is efficient there will be a role and opportunity for him. As an undrafted FA him making any type of career for himself would be a plus for the Knicks given low price it cost to obtain him.

Had higher hopes for Dotson who has been a disappointment this summer. He was drafted as a prospect that has the tools to defend, displayed playmaking at the combine, known as knock down shooter in college. Together with a good NBA build. He has been working really hard as well. Something is blocking him from putting it all together.

He should at least be knocking down jumpers consistently and playing tough defense. But even the staples of his game have betrayed him.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/12/2018  12:58 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
blkexec wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

The others will not be in the NBA all year. Trier is a G league player. Robinson too but his athleticism may keep him in the NBA.

Robinson had not impressed me, but i hope to see more of him. Knox has looked good, but i don't think he is a creator on offense. Trier looks horrible.

I didn't watch the full game, but the part i did watch, i couldn't agree with you more, but then this morning i read this..

According to sources, failed PED tests were not the overriding reason the Arizona sharpshooter didn’t get drafted, allowing the Knicks to snag him on a two-way G-League contract. It was partly Trier’s reputation as a shot-happy player who rarely looked to set up teammates.

Trier torpedoed that label Tuesday in the Knicks’ loss to the Lakers. The 6-foot-5 guard racked up 21 points, five assists and 10 rebounds. He shot 8-of-13 from the field.

I think Melo and JR and all the other gunners we've had hurt our viewpoint on Trier. JR and Melo are not bad players. But they are stuck in their ways. But if Trier is a young JR....Like somebody said. Is that a problem? For an undrafted rookie.. I think that's a compliment.

As long as he is efficient there will be a role and opportunity for him. As an undrafted FA him making any type of career for himself would be a plus for the Knicks given low price it cost to obtain him.

Had higher hopes for Dotson who has been a disappointment this summer. He was drafted as a prospect that has the tools to defend, displayed playmaking at the combine, known as knock down shooter in college. Together with a good NBA build. He has been working really hard as well. Something is blocking him from putting it all together.

He should at least be knocking down jumpers consistently and playing tough defense. But even the staples of his game have betrayed him.

+1

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/12/2018  1:26 PM
martin wrote:
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Can Robinson shoot outside the paint?

He worked on that during the summer.....from what i saw. But it's still a raw skill for him.

I just had surgery. so i haven't been in the gym for a while. The funny thing is. . I asked my buddy that works at lifetime. B4 the draft i asked how's mitchell doing. He said his jumper is terrible . His very first comment. That means hes working on it. Cause i saw with my own eyes....shooting around not in a game. He was making long 3s. So he has the potential and working on it is a good sign. Hanging with Anthony Davis is a good sign. Give mitchell 2 yrs and he will be ready.

That was my uninformed guess as well, 2 years min before he is a competent big in the rotation and starts to really shine IF everything works out.

I agree, right now I think he's just playing off of instincts and reacting. He probably won't see a lot of PT, not to mention the fouls are alarming for 2 reasons, he tries to block every shot, and he's out of position a lot.

ES
knicks1248
7/12/2018  1:28 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
blkexec wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

+1

he needs to get his game up before tier replaces him

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/12/2018  1:39 PM
blkexec wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

No. Watching Trier throw up contested shots with other guys open is what hurt my viewpoint. I need to see more development from the kid. I think that's the overarching opinion most fans have in the kid. He has some decent parts to his game. He just needs to put them all together before he can be considered an NBA player.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
7/12/2018  6:19 PM
I thought Robinson had the best game of the three today. He's got a lot to work on, but his size and athleticism are incredible. If he gets stronger and develops his jump shot and some inside moves, he can be special.
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/12/2018  8:45 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:As long as he is efficient there will be a role and opportunity for him.

Russell Westbrook is a ballhog. Corey Maggette is a chucker.

If you are talented enough, and can operate at volume enough consistently against NBA top grade defense, then you can be a ball dominant player, even to the detriment to actual team basketball, and still get away with it. You'll still hurt your team, but there is some real push/pull involved.

If you are not talented enough, and can't operate at a volume enough consistently against NBA top grade defense, then you can't be a ball dominant player, it's to the detriment of actual team basketball and you can't get away with it and stay on an NBA roster.

Maggette was a chucker. But he was a Tier 2 type chucker. Jamal Crawford was a Tier 1 type chucker ( he could take over quarters or games at times)

IsoZo reflects more of the kind of chuckers who don't stay in the league very long. He's not talented enough nor will score at will against NBA grade defense night after night to take over games and quarters. If you are a one trick pony, you gotta be really really really elite at that one thing.

When does going into isolation make sense?

Time running out on the shot clock and several looks at the defense give you nothing. Exploiting a mismatch in terms of a matchup situation. By design, i.e. a third unit looking to kill clock when you've got a big lead. But it's not feasible every single time down the court. There's nothing wrong with Trier looking to create his own shot. But it has to be done in the context of what the defense is giving you.

Steph Curry has earned the right to shoot as much as he wants. His range is plus range. He's "open" even while covered. He is effective enough at everything else besides long range shooting to balance out a defender. But if Shaun Livingston is open, and has a cleaner look, then Livingston is getting the ball. Sometimes, though rarely for the Warriors, Curry isn't seeing anything else and the clock is running out. OK, then he has to turn it up a bit and see if he can create something positive.

Trier picking his spots is actually helping himself. By extension, he also will get cleaner looks at the basket. But he's not picking his spots. His college record shows he doesn't pick his spots. His college production will, on paper, make it seem like he can overcome these things at times, but that was against non NBA grade competition.

This is the base concept of "Fuck You Money" When you aren't reliant paycheck to paycheck, you can be a Grade 1 Type A ******* if you wish. But if you don't have that money, you'll have to take **** from your boss like every other stiff. blckexec wants you to believe there can only be two conditions. You accept a player and his flaws absolutely or you "Hate" the player. Which is pedantic and ridiculous.

Trier's talent is not "Fuck You Talent" He's gonna have to submit to an actual role if he wants to play in the NBA and have a real career.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/12/2018  8:48 PM
The one thing that is weird to me is that Trier played with Ayton for a whole season and he still doesn't see a lob pass, going by what I've seen in SL
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
doomed
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1078
USA
7/15/2018  10:37 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

Lol. Nice positive outlook.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/15/2018  11:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2018  11:39 PM
Dont believe Robinson is going to get the same minutes as Knox, so I would give the edge to Knox. In part because he will have more opportunities to showcase his game.

Some posters want Knox to start from day one. Kevin was too tired for the last game. Expends a lot of energy attacking the rim. Would much rather see him come off the bench for a while. Avoid possibly running him into the ground.

Troy Williams was up and down this SL, but he's a tough, two-way player, who makes the other team work. Let Knox watch for the first few minutes, get coached up, conserve energy for the 4th quarter, which is more important for his development.

knicks1248
7/16/2018  9:15 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Dont believe Robinson is going to get the same minutes as Knox, so I would give the edge to Knox. In part because he will have more opportunities to showcase his game.

Some posters want Knox to start from day one. Kevin was too tired for the last game. Expends a lot of energy attacking the rim. Would much rather see him come off the bench for a while. Avoid possibly running him into the ground.

Troy Williams was up and down this SL, but he's a tough, two-way player, who makes the other team work. Let Knox watch for the first few minutes, get coached up, conserve energy for the 4th quarter, which is more important for his development.

It would be foolish to start Mitch, frank, or knox, unless you have no other option, they would be done by Late December.

ES
Between Knox, Robinson and Trier, who do you think will have the best rookie year?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy