[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Craig Robinson and the secret sauce.....
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/11/2018  8:30 AM
Mario coming to the knicks, the team getting Mudiay, Keeping Frank, Kornet, Hicks, drafting Trier and Two high upside guys (Knox and Mitchell) speaks to the confidence that the team has in its "Secret sauce" methoed. Fizdale was a key part and perhaps it was why he was as attracted to the job outside of it paying well and being in NY.
Fiz might have had other opportunities. The Suns are collecting a very impressive (on paper) young talent base that would be attractive to many coaches.
I was wondering if anyone can contribute comments about the program knicks are implementing.

This is our process for now. It will evolve and perhaps grow into a "Celtic" like talent machine. They have drafted well, traded well, cultivated talented much used for trade, and also drafted well. They are anchored by two free agents (Haywood and Horford, Kyrie via trade (Using retread growth of Crowder and Thomas)and of course have been patient with Smart, Brown and Rozier.
Baynes has been a good player for their system.

We are far behind in this process and if we succeed we have a logjam of back talent that is prime for trade. Some will leave via free agency given contract status but the drafted guys are with us for a while.

the next few years could be fun. Can knick fans handle the patience?

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/11/2018  11:04 AM
Hahaha...no. This is a fanbase that makes decisions on players careers based on one or two summer league games.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/11/2018  12:08 PM
I am wondering who decided Hicks should be locked up with a second two way deal. Someone in the organization must be advocating for him. I would love to know the thought process behind his signing.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/11/2018  12:40 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I am wondering who decided Hicks should be locked up with a second two way deal. Someone in the organization must be advocating for him. I would love to know the thought process behind his signing.

Isn't he Perry's guy? Don't have a real problem with him. He'll get G-League minutes and come up if we need extra bodies. He's OK for his role.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
USA
7/11/2018  12:52 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I am wondering who decided Hicks should be locked up with a second two way deal. Someone in the organization must be advocating for him. I would love to know the thought process behind his signing.

Isn't he Perry's guy? Don't have a real problem with him. He'll get G-League minutes and come up if we need extra bodies. He's OK for his role.

I am not sure but he is on a developmental deal. I think both Trier and Kornett end up having nba careers. I hope Hicks does but he hasn't shown that potential to me so far.
Nalod
USA
7/11/2018  1:27 PM
I have seen Hicks in the Gleague and the knicks and I like what I saw. He does not run the floor as good as Willy did but he plays bigger on offense. Willy a better player in transition.
CrushAlot
USA
7/11/2018  1:37 PM
Missed this the other day.
https://theknickswall.com/westchester-bedrock-player-development/
reub
Member: #6227

7/11/2018  3:40 PM
Nalod wrote:I have seen Hicks in the Gleague and the knicks and I like what I saw. He does not run the floor as good as Willy did but he plays bigger on offense. Willy a better player in transition.

Come on now. Hicks can't even be compared to Willy talent-wise.

Nalod
USA
7/11/2018  3:50 PM
reub wrote:
Nalod wrote:I have seen Hicks in the Gleague and the knicks and I like what I saw. He does not run the floor as good as Willy did but he plays bigger on offense. Willy a better player in transition.

Come on now. Hicks can't even be compared to Willy talent-wise.

I said hicks plays bigger but willy runs the floor better and thus better in transition.
Care to elaborate just a bit?

Craig Robinson and the secret sauce.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy