[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Vegas Summer League Game 3 - Knicks vs Lakers
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/11/2018  6:36 AM
Trier and Dotson gives Baker a chance for the rotation.
AUTOADVERT
Ira
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #91
7/11/2018  8:17 AM
The Knicks missed Ntilikina.
Ira
Member: #91
7/11/2018  8:28 AM
I was just looking at the box score. In addition to his scoring Trier had 10 boards and 5 assists. Not bad for a rookie sg who wasn't drafted.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/11/2018  1:00 PM
Ira wrote:I was just looking at the box score. In addition to his scoring Trier had 10 boards and 5 assists. Not bad for a rookie sg who wasn't drafted.
Weird game for him. If you look at his stats then you will say that he had a very good game....but watching the fame he just wasn't playing winning basketball. It was all about him. Very selfish. Maybe because he was forced into PG duty but he just gave the impression that he wants to get his no matter what
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/11/2018  1:03 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Trier and Dotson gives Baker a chance for the rotation.
It was a bad night for Dotson. Maybe it was because of poor point guard play but he needs to show more. I thought he would blow up a bit in the summer league this year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/11/2018  2:10 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
Uptown wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Are we seeing a "style" of play for the Knicks on offense? Few picks...no screens being set for Knox or Dotson to get some open midrange shots.

I can't see a discernible system or offensive play out there for us. Is that what I'm supposed to see (or not see)?

Am I to assume that this is what our offense will look like? Seems like a lot of ISO, not much forethought.

Unable to watch right now but you cant expect this team to run a sophisticated offense with only several days of practice and 3 quarters of the players wont be on the team in october

God help us if this is our O....basically a 3 man weave from 1950’s without the weave...LOL.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/11/2018  2:26 PM
I was hoping that Ntilikina would have dominated like a lot of the 2nd year players did. Dotson to a lesser extent. I can accept Ntilikina performing - he'll still be 19 for the next 2 weeks or so and is clearly growing into his body. He also gets a pass because he already has demonstrated elite defense at the NBA level. I was still hoping for more - that he'd prove himself as a legit floor general. But it's a little bothersome that after 2 games (and allegedly working out like a demon) he already was held out of a game due to injury.

The discouraging thing about Dotson is that he's the oldest of the bunch (already 24) and in spite of having a lot of NBA-caliber tools hasn't distinguished himself.

Troy Williams (age 23) already owned the summer leagues last year so he had less to prove, and performed very well in limited (projected NBA sub?) minutes. And Trier (22) performed nicely (statistically) as well - he might have an ugly game, but he's been compared to a Lou Williams - that selfish bench scorer style has produced many a 6th man of the year award winner, so don't knock it! It's a real need.

I'd certainly give him the nod over Dotson.

Dotson: 27mpg - 6.7ppg, 4.7rpg, 2.0apg, 25% FG
Troy Williams: 19.7mpg - 13.3ppg, 3.7rpg, 1.3apg, 1.0spg, 50% FG.
Trier: 31mpg - 17ppg, 6.0rpg, 3.0apg, 1.7spg, 42% FG.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
reub
Member: #6227

7/11/2018  3:37 PM
Williams is an out of control player.
Trier is a selfish ball hog.
Dotson was invisible.
Robinson has great long term potential but won't help much this year.
Knox will get plenty of hype because pointzz but will shoot 35% and 24% from three.
Hicks is trash.
Won't even mention Mudiay.

18 wins.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/11/2018  4:11 PM
reub wrote:Williams is an out of control player.
Dotson was invisible.
Knox will get plenty of hype because pointzz but will shoot 35% and 24% from three.
Hicks is trash.

18 wins.

Really, you doing summerleague projections to the nba season?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/11/2018  4:14 PM
BigRedDog wrote:Frank hurt again. Whats the most games this guy has played in a row without getting hurt?

Frank played 76 games in his rookie season.
I recall at least 3 or 4 games missed to start the season.
I'd say if love is blind, hate is too. there is a thin line.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/11/2018  6:31 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:WOW...was that brutal.

- Knox absolutely the real D on offense (so much clay to mold...OMG) - 7 TO’s but so much clay
- Trier at least could get a bucket and has some ability to both make a layup & 2 draw fouls
- Dotson (dear lord has he been brutal....brutal...brutal)...offense/D brutal (think he was -36)
- I am trying hard to fall in love with Robinson’s dunks and blocks but body language is a tad worrisome (-33 for Mitch tonight)
- Hicks at least hit some people
- Troy Williams low...low...b-ball IQ
- rest of squad absolutely brutal

We need to defend just a little no? Guys just tackling guys and try8ng to dribble thru 3 guys

Agreed. Dude is missing wide open shots and I thought that would be his bread and butter

He is an afterthought on the offense...He is not being set up to succeed, IMO. Hard for him to get into a rhythm. I also wonder
if he's done too much weightlifting and lost some fluidity in his shooting motion.

Too much on the weights could be an issue because he is looking slow laterally defensively = I mean he was tough on D last year and Josh Hart was just toying with him and he was caught out of position numerous times.

I did that a few times as a youngster putting on some muscle but for hoops I always came back to strong but light is best --- lowest weight you can play out but still retain required strength. Dotson has looked muscled up in some off season photos. But man he has looked really bad for a 2nd year player.

LivingLegend

7/11/2018  6:33 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Trier and Dotson gives Baker a chance for the rotation.

Baker sure as hell wouldn't get lit up like these 2 got abused last night. Ron would have been up in someones grill, diving on the floor and getting deflections.

Still can't understand (confidence) how Ron lost his shot vs. Witchita St. Pisses me off because I really want Baker to succeed.

LivingLegend

7/11/2018  6:39 PM
reub wrote:Williams is an out of control player.
Dotson was invisible.
Hicks is trash.

18 wins.

Agree on Williams
Trier has attacking mentality / skill that if harnessed could fill bench scorer role (Fiz compared to Lou Williams - I don't see it but Fiz said it)
Dotson actually wasn't invisible --- he was right out in open being visibly horrible (lol)
Robinson - for all of the quick accolades is a big project IMO and I suspect he spends lots of time in D-League (he is lost all over the place)
Knox looks big time to me -- I wouldn't count on % that low but yeah he will prob struggle with consistency
Hicks Meh

Guy I wanted on a 2 way was T-Duval --- just like his explosion and willingness/ability to pass (if he could fix shot)

Crazy how our summer league bench is always such poop

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/11/2018  10:16 PM
Couldnt watch the game, but liked this quote from Knox. Shows he has an idea of what he's up against.

From Berman:

“Coach Miles did a great job tonight defending me,” Knox said. “They made passes hard for me, pick-and-rolls they were really switching on me and I couldn’t get past people. They were real physical. They had a good scouting report. It’s going to get harder moving forward for me. A lot of people will see how our offense is and take me away from the top of the key. I’m looking forward to it, getting to practice and see how we adjust.”
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/12/2018  12:35 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Couldnt watch the game, but liked this quote from Knox. Shows he has an idea of what he's up against.

From Berman:

“Coach Miles did a great job tonight defending me,” Knox said. “They made passes hard for me, pick-and-rolls they were really switching on me and I couldn’t get past people. They were real physical. They had a good scouting report. It’s going to get harder moving forward for me. A lot of people will see how our offense is and take me away from the top of the key. I’m looking forward to it, getting to practice and see how we adjust.”

You rarely hear that kind of detail from a player. Very refreshing, such a likable kid. Hope he maintains this character as he establishes himself. He can be the face of the new culture in NY.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
blkexec
Member: #748
7/12/2018  2:20 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Couldnt watch the game, but liked this quote from Knox. Shows he has an idea of what he's up against.

From Berman:

You rarely hear that kind of detail from a player. Very refreshing, such a likable kid. Hope he maintains this character as he establishes himself. He can be the face of the new culture in NY.

Knox position is flexible...so that will make KPs addition easy. both can play 3 positions. ....

I

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/12/2018  1:40 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:WOW...was that brutal.

- Knox absolutely the real D on offense (so much clay to mold...OMG) - 7 TO’s but so much clay
- Trier at least could get a bucket and has some ability to both make a layup & 2 draw fouls
- Dotson (dear lord has he been brutal....brutal...brutal)...offense/D brutal (think he was -36)
- I am trying hard to fall in love with Robinson’s dunks and blocks but body language is a tad worrisome (-33 for Mitch tonight)
- Hicks at least hit some people
- Troy Williams low...low...b-ball IQ
- rest of squad absolutely brutal

We need to defend just a little no? Guys just tackling guys and try8ng to dribble thru 3 guys

Agreed. Dude is missing wide open shots and I thought that would be his bread and butter

He is an afterthought on the offense...He is not being set up to succeed, IMO. Hard for him to get into a rhythm. I also wonder
if he's done too much weightlifting and lost some fluidity in his shooting motion.

Too much on the weights could be an issue because he is looking slow laterally defensively = I mean he was tough on D last year and Josh Hart was just toying with him and he was caught out of position numerous times.

I did that a few times as a youngster putting on some muscle but for hoops I always came back to strong but light is best --- lowest weight you can play out but still retain required strength. Dotson has looked muscled up in some off season photos. But man he has looked really bad for a 2nd year player.

Yup...and he is an older 2nd yr player, too. I really expected more from him, and he seems to have worked his ass off in the offseason.

Hopefully he loosens up and finds his groove. He hasn't looked relaxed so far, though.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Vegas Summer League Game 3 - Knicks vs Lakers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy