I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

7/10/2018  10:26 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:Trier's best case could be Hardaway's current state

isn't that Hardaway's best case as well?

no hardaways best case is his dad

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

meloshouldgo wrote:where is Mitchell Robinson?

weight room

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Not happening

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/10/2018  10:27 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:where is Mitchell Robinson?

weight room

Well tell him the weight is over, now would be a good time tho show up

Cartman718

7/10/2018  10:27 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Not happening

i did say best case

Cartman718

7/10/2018  10:35 PM
one line to sum up the positive for the Knicks...

KNICKS KNASTY KNOXXXX

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/10/2018  10:37 PM
Trier reminds me of JR. Knox reminds me of Tatum and young Melo. Robinson is a mix of Camby, KG, and Deandre. Not a bad coup for the draft.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/10/2018  11:04 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Are we seeing a "style" of play for the Knicks on offense? Few picks...no screens being set for Knox or Dotson to get some open midrange shots.

I can't see a discernible system or offensive play out there for us. Is that what I'm supposed to see (or not see)?

Am I to assume that this is what our offense will look like? Seems like a lot of ISO, not much forethought.

Unable to watch right now but you cant expect this team to run a sophisticated offense with only several days of practice and 3 quarters of the players wont be on the team in october

KNICKSBIGCATS
Member: #3745

7/10/2018  11:10 PM
I like the Paul George comparison for KK20.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/10/2018  11:13 PM
WOW...was that brutal.

- Knox absolutely the real D on offense (so much clay to mold...OMG) - 7 TO’s but so much clay
- Trier at least could get a bucket and has some ability to both make a layup & 2 draw fouls
- Dotson (dear lord has he been brutal....brutal...brutal)...offense/D brutal (think he was -36)
- I am trying hard to fall in love with Robinson’s dunks and blocks but body language is a tad worrisome (-33 for Mitch tonight)
- Hicks at least hit some people
- Troy Williams low...low...b-ball IQ
- rest of squad absolutely brutal

We need to defend just a little no? Guys just tackling guys and try8ng to dribble thru 3 guys

LivingLegend

7/10/2018  11:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Trier reminds me of JR. Knox reminds me of Tatum and young Melo. Robinson is a mix of Camby, KG, and Deandre. Not a bad coup for the draft.

Fiz compared Trier to Lou Williams

LivingLegend

7/10/2018  11:16 PM
KNICKSBIGCATS wrote:I like the Paul George comparison for KK20.

I see KD & Tatum....more KD to be honest.

LivingLegend

7/10/2018  11:17 PM
Uptown wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Are we seeing a "style" of play for the Knicks on offense? Few picks...no screens being set for Knox or Dotson to get some open midrange shots.

I can't see a discernible system or offensive play out there for us. Is that what I'm supposed to see (or not see)?

Am I to assume that this is what our offense will look like? Seems like a lot of ISO, not much forethought.

Unable to watch right now but you cant expect this team to run a sophisticated offense with only several days of practice and 3 quarters of the players wont be on the team in october

God help us if this is our O....basically a 3 man weave from 1950’s without the weave...LOL.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/10/2018  11:23 PM
Uptown wrote:

Agree...but I'd like see if there is any method to our madness. Is there a basic group of concepts which Fizdale wants to see from our players? Is there a Fizdale "system?"

Just want to know what to look for.

Few picks/screens
No post offense AT ALL. Why not see what Knox, Robinson, or Hicks can do in the box?
A lot of ISO ball

Too much 1/1 and head down drives to the basket for me.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

7/10/2018  11:33 PM
Trier has his warts...but he scored 21 on 8/13, had 10 rebounds, 5 assists, only 2 turnovers, and the best =/- of anyone playing over 24 minutes.

Knox is a stud, and will be a star, but he had 7 turnovers in the game.

If you are looking to compare Trier to Dotson...that comparison doesn't look good for Dotson at this point, and in some ways, they are competing against each other for playing time...no?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/10/2018  11:36 PM
LivingLegend wrote:WOW...was that brutal.

- Knox absolutely the real D on offense (so much clay to mold...OMG) - 7 TO’s but so much clay
- Trier at least could get a bucket and has some ability to both make a layup & 2 draw fouls
- Dotson (dear lord has he been brutal....brutal...brutal)...offense/D brutal (think he was -36)
- I am trying hard to fall in love with Robinson’s dunks and blocks but body language is a tad worrisome (-33 for Mitch tonight)

We need to defend just a little no? Guys just tackling guys and try8ng to dribble thru 3 guys

Agreed. Dude is missing wide open shots and I thought that would be his bread and butter

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire

7/10/2018  11:52 PM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:WOW...was that brutal.

Agreed. Dude is missing wide open shots and I thought that would be his bread and butter

He is an afterthought on the offense...He is not being set up to succeed, IMO. Hard for him to get into a rhythm. I also wonder
if he's done too much weightlifting and lost some fluidity in his shooting motion.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/11/2018  2:16 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:Trier has his warts...but he scored 21 on 8/13, had 10 rebounds, 5 assists, only 2 turnovers, and the best =/- of anyone playing over 24 minutes.

If you are looking to compare Trier to Dotson...that comparison doesn't look good for Dotson at this point, and in some ways, they are competing against each other for playing time...no?

Naw, I see Dotson struggling with Hardaway, Lee and Williams for minutes. I see Trier headed to the G-League.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Clean
Member: #743
7/11/2018  4:36 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:Trier has his warts...but he scored 21 on 8/13, had 10 rebounds, 5 assists, only 2 turnovers, and the best =/- of anyone playing over 24 minutes.

As long as we lack competent PGs Knox will have high turnovers. His game is not really ISO or crating for others. He is more of a finisher. We just don't have anyone to give him the ball in advantageous positions. We have not even seen his excellent off ball movement yet. He can be used like how we used Doug to run around screens last year.

Vegas Summer League Game 3 - Knicks vs Lakers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy