[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So what happens with Noah?
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/10/2018  1:16 PM
Would rather keep Noah on the books, than stretch him. He is a Knicks fan from NYC. Not defending his dumpster fire of a time here. At the same time his legacy as a pro, as a NYer is important to him, probably sinking in by now. Pretty sure he wants to do everything he can to get fans to remember who he was as a player before injuries set in.

Noah plays well for the better part of one season, stays relatively healthy, and Perry/Mills will have options. One year left on his deal, playing well, thats a trade chip right there.

AUTOADVERT
dwiley20
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5755

7/10/2018  4:38 PM
Let Noah ball man
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/10/2018  4:58 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Noah plays well for the better part of one season, stays relatively healthy, and Perry/Mills will have options. One year left on his deal, playing well, thats a trade chip right there.

The only scenarios in which Noah will be traded off the Knicks

1 ) They package positive assets ( draft picks) to dump his contract. Given his AAV, contract length and how so many teams are cap locked, it would multiple high picks to get it done. Knicks are not doing this option

2) He forms a salary match in a larger trade where he ONLY functions as a salary match. Much in the way Kanter was the only real salary matching option for OKC and NY in the Melo trade. An example of this would be if the Knicks traded for John Wall, and needed to dump some salary to match to get a trade to work. Noah would go in this scenario if no other large contract could be used. But the trade would reflect that Noah has no value against a positive trade asset. Just about any situation here is long term cap death.

3) A "Challenge Trade". My bloated overpaid problem for your bloated overpaid problem. Arenas for Rashard Lewis type of deal. Luol Deng. Miles Teletovic. Biyombo. Mozgov. Brandon Knight.

These aren't really good options. The best the Knicks can hope for is a challenge trade.

You went down the Yellow Brick Road as soon as you said "stays relatively healthy". When has Noah shown he can do that? Even if he did, why would any team see that as anything other than a short time fluke? He's a black hole on offense, he's lost two steps, he's a morale killing locker room douchebag, he's vastly overpaid, you don't know if he'll get suspended again for Juicing, he's a nightmare for coaches, he'll do nothing but create a negative groundswell for rookies to see.

Brandon Knight will be the best ( out of a relative crappy set of options) version of a challenge trade out there.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

7/10/2018  5:00 PM
I think it makes the most sense to cut Baker - he's absolute trash on the last year of his deal. In theory, Noah could prove he has some value. I doubt that very much but at least htere's a chance. Baker just sucks big fat donkey dong
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/10/2018  6:04 PM
What sucks about Noah is that (maybe) he's been healthy for a year, but hasn't gotten burn. It wasn't that long ago that he was a coveted fantasy-worthy player, playmaker, and defensive stallwart, the ideal player to put alongside KP's finesse. It'd be great if we could dust him off into a useful 20mpg sort of player, basically replacing what we lost with O'Quinn.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/10/2018  9:06 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I think it makes the most sense to cut Baker - he's absolute trash on the last year of his deal. In theory, Noah could prove he has some value. I doubt that very much but at least htere's a chance. Baker just sucks big fat donkey dong

It makes absolutely no sense to cut Baker.

He can play NBA grade wing defense. At minimum, his contract might be useful to balance out a future trade.

If the Knicks will have to cut someone, odds are it's Hicks, then it needed Kornet.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/10/2018  10:52 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I think it makes the most sense to cut Baker - he's absolute trash on the last year of his deal. In theory, Noah could prove he has some value. I doubt that very much but at least htere's a chance. Baker just sucks big fat donkey dong

It makes absolutely no sense to cut Baker.

He can play NBA grade wing defense. At minimum, his contract might be useful to balance out a future trade.

If the Knicks will have to cut someone, odds are it's Hicks, then it needed Kornet.

Hicks is on a two way deal so he isn't a part of the final 15 man roster. I do think there are more talented guys to give his spot to. I am not sure why he was brought back.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
So what happens with Noah?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy