[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

So what happens with Noah?
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
7/9/2018  3:04 PM
Most likely we use the stretch provision after Sept 1st.
Wouldn’t mind seeing how he plays and maybe he’s tradable during the season.

We have 3 centers already on the roster that need time.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/9/2018  3:47 PM
TLover wrote:Most likely we use the stretch provision after Sept 1st.

Yeah that's the most likely scenario, although there's no rush in doing that once Sept 1 hits.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/9/2018  4:07 PM
Honestly, Robinson might be best served by playing in the G League.

So that leaves Kanter and Noah. Kanter gutted out through a bunch of dings - so if its me, I don't release Noah this year unless I can get a buyout & savings.

MS
Member: #724
7/9/2018  4:20 PM
I like Robinson in the G league. Let him play a ton and improve and maximize noah. He can still help if he gets some minutes.
TLover
Member: #381
USA
7/9/2018  9:43 PM
See that we get same 2019 cap savings if we waive him sept 1 or before last regular season game. Think we wait it out. Doubt Noah will be a problem with Fiz as head coach. If so then he’s gone.
nyk2017
Member: #7538

7/9/2018  9:48 PM
I would keep Noah and let him work back into the lineup. With Robinson not having played all year, no one knows what kind of stamina he will have. Watching yesterday's game he looked a step slower at times.
blkexec
Member: #748
7/9/2018  9:48 PM
franco12 wrote:Honestly, Robinson might be best served by playing in the G League.

So that leaves Kanter and Noah. Kanter gutted out through a bunch of dings - so if its me, I don't release Noah this year unless I can get a buyout & savings.

Yes......That's my guy. We played ball at the same gym. But hes a G league player right now. Noah can do the same things while also guarding all centers. Mitchell will have problems with bigger players.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/9/2018  9:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2018  9:55 PM
I see no reason to waive that waste of cap space so he can collect his money and go sign with a contender, I say let him play or rot
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Mike1989
Member: #8627

7/10/2018  7:54 AM
For next season we can use Noah as our backup center to Kanter and give Robinson the third string center job. There's no reason why Noah can't replace O'Quinn's role while Robinson is learning and getting ready for a greater role.

Now some might say what about Kornet? Well he's a good enough three point shooter and capable enough to play as a stretch four. Likewise Hicks can feature in the PF rotation. In fact I like giving Kornet the minutes at the 4 because if he develops sufficiently he can be someone we bring off the bench that can be a poor man's KP.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/10/2018  8:45 AM
The thing you guys are forgetting is we have 16 players. So either Noah, Lee, or Ron Baker has to go. Unless the team feels that Noah could bring up his trade value but playing, it might as well cut him. Robinson needs the G League for at least half a season and probably the full season. Kornet deserves the chance to be the backup center, plus if Kornet looks decent we might be able to trade him for a draft pick. Clearly, Robinson is the future center of this team but why not maximize Kornet's value.
Trust the Process
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/10/2018  8:54 AM
Jmpasq wrote:I see no reason to waive that waste of cap space so he can collect his money and go sign with a contender, I say let him play or rot

We don't know what kind of shape this guy is in, we don't know if can help or not. People forget that his first season we were 22-18 before he went down

ES
Ira
Member: #91
7/10/2018  9:13 AM
If he's healthy, he can certainly back Kanter. Robinson needs coaching and weight room work.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/10/2018  9:23 AM
TheGame wrote:The thing you guys are forgetting is we have 16 players. So either Noah, Lee, or Ron Baker has to go. Unless the team feels that Noah could bring up his trade value but playing, it might as well cut him. Robinson needs the G League for at least half a season and probably the full season. Kornet deserves the chance to be the backup center, plus if Kornet looks decent we might be able to trade him for a draft pick. Clearly, Robinson is the future center of this team but why not maximize Kornet's value.

So you are keeping Ron Baker and his $4.5M this year salary and waiving Noah and his $18.5m this year and $19.3M next year to ruin our cap for the next several years?

Not to mention that both Hicks and Kornet could be released with modest impact. It's not like one of those two are going to be scooped up by some other club as their missing piece/future all star.

Right now with our glut in the back court, and the fact that he is still hurt, Baker might be the odd man out to clear a roster spot.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/10/2018  9:53 AM
franco12 wrote:
TheGame wrote:The thing you guys are forgetting is we have 16 players. So either Noah, Lee, or Ron Baker has to go. Unless the team feels that Noah could bring up his trade value but playing, it might as well cut him. Robinson needs the G League for at least half a season and probably the full season. Kornet deserves the chance to be the backup center, plus if Kornet looks decent we might be able to trade him for a draft pick. Clearly, Robinson is the future center of this team but why not maximize Kornet's value.

So you are keeping Ron Baker and his $4.5M this year salary and waiving Noah and his $18.5m this year and $19.3M next year to ruin our cap for the next several years?

Not to mention that both Hicks and Kornet could be released with modest impact. It's not like one of those two are going to be scooped up by some other club as their missing piece/future all star.

Right now with our glut in the back court, and the fact that he is still hurt, Baker might be the odd man out to clear a roster spot.

No, the first option is to trade Lee. If we trade Lee, then we can either play Noah or Marbury him. But if we cannot trade Lee then we definitely cannot trade Noah, so what is the point in cutting Baker if you still have to cut Noah or Lee to create a max spot this summer.

Trust the Process
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/10/2018  11:13 AM
franco12 wrote:

Noah can be stretched.
Baker needs to finish his rehab then get his shot back.
Hicks has a two way? Trier? One will see the Gleague.
We have a lot of guards. Its confusing.
Mitchell is not a lock for any future. He is young and there is a long road before he his given the keys.
WE think enough of him to have him modestly for 4 years. Im hoping he is the future but there will be other picks.......Trades to make, Free agents to sign.
Nothing is clear. That's the fun!!

Mike1989
Member: #8627

7/10/2018  11:28 AM

I'd say Baker or Trier are expendable if we don't trade anyone away...

PG: Frank, Burke, Mudiay
SG: Hardaway, Dotson, Baker/Trier

Obviously the best scenario would be to trade Lee and another in a two for one deal. Offer the Lakers Lee and Thomas for Deng. Same expiry date on their deals and we'd save a million in cap space. Also frees up a roster spot and Deng can still be useful at either forward spot starting or off the bench.

As for Kornet I'd say he has a future as a backup stretch four if his three point shooting continues and he could backup KP at the four spot when KP is back. We'd be switching one 7ft plus guy with a bog wingspan for another, and if both stretch the floor that's a real threat in the modern day NBA. They could even play together in the same line up. He could slot in as backup center as well so there's flexibility in his role. Personally I'd give backup mins to Noah and Robinson but if we do stretch Noah then Kornet should assume backup duties.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/10/2018  11:46 AM
Mike1989 wrote:

I'd say Baker or Trier are expendable if we don't trade anyone away...

PG: Frank, Burke, Mudiay
SG: Hardaway, Dotson, Baker/Trier

Obviously the best scenario would be to trade Lee and another in a two for one deal. Offer the Lakers Lee and Thomas for Deng. Same expiry date on their deals and we'd save a million in cap space. Also frees up a roster spot and Deng can still be useful at either forward spot starting or off the bench.

As for Kornet I'd say he has a future as a backup stretch four if his three point shooting continues and he could backup KP at the four spot when KP is back. We'd be switching one 7ft plus guy with a bog wingspan for another, and if both stretch the floor that's a real threat in the modern day NBA. They could even play together in the same line up. He could slot in as backup center as well so there's flexibility in his role. Personally I'd give backup mins to Noah and Robinson but if we do stretch Noah then Kornet should assume backup duties.

Lakers do need shooters and Lee might be a good fit. Its a good concept.
Lakers already have a "Lance", that being Lance Stephanson to play defense glue guy.
Lance and lee are good Veteran for the lockerroom. I don't see really as that expendable for that purpose unless as indicated by Fiz we bring someone else on board.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/10/2018  12:08 PM
TLover wrote:Most likely we use the stretch provision after Sept 1st.

Think he had a chance to get some run this year but after the whole thing with JH he is not going to see the inside of a gym wearing a Knicks uniform. I don't like him, hated Phil signing him but actually would not mind the Knicks having him as a back up and at least try to increase his value. Which right now is 0. But think you are right, Knicks will probably stretch him or trade him, with one year remaining, to a team that may want to improve its cap space and waive him.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
ccinflushing
Member: #6061

7/10/2018  12:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2018  12:24 PM
I would guess he'd be bought out after Sept 1 ..

If my understanding of the CBA is accurate, it would benefit both parties (the Knicks and Noah) if they were to negotiate a buyout asap after Sept 1 ..

reason is that Noah should be able to find a vet minimum contract for two years worth $5Mn with a playoff contender - hence he should be willing to give up between $5Mn-7Mn in a buyout (let's say $6Mn as a reasonable number)

for the Knicks, they benefit because in a buyout and stretch situation, their cap hits for 18/19 would be $18.53Mn (no change), for 19/20 $4.4317Mn, for 20/21 $4.4317Mn, for 21/22 $4.4316Mn

basically opening up $14.86Mn in cap space for 19/20

ccinflushing
Member: #6061

7/10/2018  12:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2018  12:54 PM
ccinflushing wrote:I would guess he'd be bought out after Sept 1 ..

If my understanding of the CBA is accurate, it would benefit both parties (the Knicks and Noah) if they were to negotiate a buyout asap after Sept 1 ..

reason is that Noah should be able to find a vet minimum contract for two years worth $5Mn with a playoff contender - hence he should be willing to give up between $5Mn-7Mn in a buyout (let's say $6Mn as a reasonable number)

for the Knicks, they benefit because in a buyout and stretch situation, their cap hits for 18/19 would be $18.53Mn (no change), for 19/20 $4.4317Mn, for 20/21 $4.4317Mn, for 21/22 $4.4316Mn

basically opening up $14.86Mn in cap space for 19/20

In this instance, the cap holds for 19/20 would look like this:

Tim Hardaway $18.150 Mn
Courtney Lee $12.760 Mn
Frank Ntilikina $4.856 Mn
Kevin Knox $4.380 Mn
Mitchell Robinson $1.575 Mn
Damyean Dotson $1.619 Mn
Joakim Noah $4.432 Mn (stretched amount)

Players Under Contract Total $47.772 Mn

Cap Holds:

Kristaps Porzingis $17.091 Mn
Luke Kornet $2.024 Mn
Mario Hezonja $7.8 Mn
Trey Burke $1.604 Mn
Troy Williams $1.931 Mn
#5 Draft Pick $6.334 Mn

Cap Holds Total $36.784 Mn

Total $84.556 Mn

Cap Space: $109-$84.556 = $24.444Mn

Trading Courtney Lee with a second rounder in 2019 to another team without taking on salary takes us to $37.2Mn, enough for Kevin Durant!

So what happens with Noah?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy