[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We got one of the best players in the draft
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/8/2018  3:42 PM
Briggs is saying that Knox is playing so far, like one of the best players in the draft. Knox was drafted in the top ten, not the second round.

So even after one game, that shouldnt be so controversial. If Briggs was talking about Robinson, that would be another story. Par for the course.

AUTOADVERT
KNICKSBIGCATS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3745

7/8/2018  6:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2018  6:19 PM
There's a slew of guys who weren't even drafted in the top ten who went on to have solid NBA careers. My take is that KK was a solid pick based on age, needs, and athleticism.
Apparently, he's a hard worker; the coaching staff has to do their DD, work with him, and develop him into the best that he can become. I see flashes of Paul George in his game.....any Knick fan would take that outcome!! Time will tell....hopefully Calipari was right when he said watch out in two years.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships." -Michael Jordan
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

7/8/2018  6:52 PM
On one play in the 2nd half, Knox drove down the middle, and was flattened by a hard foul. As he laid there, gathering himself, a picture flashed in my mind of MPJ taking that same hard foul, and not getting up. I am soooo glad that we took Knox with 9th pick.
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/8/2018  8:07 PM
Knox looked really good. He came out and looked like one of the best players on the floor without dominating the ball. Coach Val was right that he could be something special.

It's usually a great sign of a player can step in with no pro experience and be a dominant player at this level.

I was also encouraged by Robinson, who looked more athletic than I would have imagined - he's probably a better pure athlete than Ayton. In a year, I could see him dominating less athletic bigs with his quickness, and small ball centers with his size.

(On the other hand, I'm a bit concerned that in spite of the highlight workout videos of Ntilikina, he didn't dominate going into his soon season. He needs to play less safe, take more chsncea, esp in summer league ball.)

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/8/2018  9:49 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Simple as that-- I don't care if it's one so game.

Robinson is no slouch either and I loved that he stayed within himself and played f tough

Charles Oakley was right and it was awesome to see oak still watching the knicks after what he went through

at what point does this turn into... we should have drafted Trae Young?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
H1AND1
Member: #5648

7/8/2018  10:48 PM
doomed wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Knox ceiling is KD 2.0. His floor is Tatum or Giannis. I love this kid.

Slow down! His floor???

My word....

His floor is Giannis! After 1 summer league game. I loved the Knox pick actually but we really gotta chill

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/8/2018  11:35 PM
H1AND1 wrote:
doomed wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:Knox ceiling is KD 2.0. His floor is Tatum or Giannis. I love this kid.
Slow down! His floor???

My word....

His floor is Giannis! After 1 summer league game. I loved the Knox pick actually but we really gotta chill

Sarcasm is in play here.
Floor is Kenny Walker. Ceiling is the sky.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/8/2018  11:51 PM
Sangfroid wrote:On one play in the 2nd half, Knox drove down the middle, and was flattened by a hard foul. As he laid there, gathering himself, a picture flashed in my mind of MPJ taking that same hard foul, and not getting up. I am soooo glad that we took Knox with 9th pick.

This. So glad they chose Knox. His game reminds me of young Melo and Tatum. Trier reminds me a lot of JR Smith.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/9/2018  8:24 AM
been impressed in a number of ways. I like that he's getting to the line (something as a team we sorely lacked)
(5)(5)
We got one of the best players in the draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy