7/8/2018  3:05 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Rookie wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I expect a better second game. He definetly struggled for most of the game but at the same time it could of been unfamiliarity with a lot of the kids. Yes i agree he is thinking pass first too much. However i think fizdale is the right guy to help him be more aggressive

Yeah, just like it's ridiculous to read too much into Trae Young's first few SL games, I'm not going to go all in on Frank after one SL game. There's a lot at play. Chemeistry after a short practice stint, getting acclimated to game speed, etc. I wanted to see him shoot more, but I can get make verdict one or the other.
Personally i have never been a fan of trae young. Kid can score but has poor shot selection and cant defend at all. As for Frank i agree he needs to be more aggressive on offense no question but he is still very young so it may just take some time. Given our rebuilding situation we can afford to be patient with all our kids and let them play through mistakes

Like FIZ said let him be who he is and stop fantasizing about him being this aggressive player who's going to take it to the hole.

Frank may not be a good fit for this system, doesn't mean he's not a solid player, but he is not high pace player by any stretch. I think he would be perfect for the spurs.

we now have KP, Robinson, THJ, Dotson, Knox, Williams, these are high flying athletic speed players, and frank walks the ball up court every damn time and then gives up as soon as he passes half court.

The other thing that may help is having other guards who constantly push the pace so he can see that everyday.

So basically your trying to coach Frank?
He either does not listen to his coaches or you know better.

He just plays how he's comfortable playing, If you want a PG who can get up and down and put pressure on defenses, that's who you draft or trade for or sign. If your system is a slow down, methodical, PnR that has a bunch of scorers on it, than franks your man

You don't draft Iverson and force him to play like stockton

How do you draw that conclusion from one SL game with a very simple motion offensive scheme from the coaching staff? Way to soon man, way to soon.r

He played point guard 22 minutes a night all last season. Last night's game isn't the first time he has struggled on offense. He also isn't the youngest guy, has a year under his belt, has received NBA coaching, and was playing against rookies and guys that probably aren't in the league this fall. He doesn't put pressure on the defense at all. To me, he still looks like a player that should not receive many minutes at the point.

He playing guard. Not SG, not PG. Did his coach ask him to put pressure on the Defense? or did he fail at the task?
Did he pick his dribble up cuz his coach asked him to, or did he fail at the task of doing it deeper?
Did we win the game?

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/8/2018  3:33 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Rookie wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I expect a better second game. He definetly struggled for most of the game but at the same time it could of been unfamiliarity with a lot of the kids. Yes i agree he is thinking pass first too much. However i think fizdale is the right guy to help him be more aggressive

Yeah, just like it's ridiculous to read too much into Trae Young's first few SL games, I'm not going to go all in on Frank after one SL game. There's a lot at play. Chemeistry after a short practice stint, getting acclimated to game speed, etc. I wanted to see him shoot more, but I can get make verdict one or the other.
Personally i have never been a fan of trae young. Kid can score but has poor shot selection and cant defend at all. As for Frank i agree he needs to be more aggressive on offense no question but he is still very young so it may just take some time. Given our rebuilding situation we can afford to be patient with all our kids and let them play through mistakes

Like FIZ said let him be who he is and stop fantasizing about him being this aggressive player who's going to take it to the hole.

Frank may not be a good fit for this system, doesn't mean he's not a solid player, but he is not high pace player by any stretch. I think he would be perfect for the spurs.

we now have KP, Robinson, THJ, Dotson, Knox, Williams, these are high flying athletic speed players, and frank walks the ball up court every damn time and then gives up as soon as he passes half court.

The other thing that may help is having other guards who constantly push the pace so he can see that everyday.

He just plays how he's comfortable playing, If you want a PG who can get up and down and put pressure on defenses, that's who you draft or trade for or sign. If your system is a slow down, methodical, PnR that has a bunch of scorers on it, than franks your man

How do you draw that conclusion from one SL game with a very simple motion offensive scheme from the coaching staff? Way to soon man, way to soon.r

He played point guard 22 minutes a night all last season. Last night's game isn't the first time he has struggled on offense. He also isn't the youngest guy, has a year under his belt, has received NBA coaching, and was playing against rookies and guys that probably aren't in the league this fall. He doesn't put pressure on the defense at all. To me, he still looks like a player that should not receive many minutes at the point.

He playing guard. Not SG, not PG. Did his coach ask him to put pressure on the Defense? or did he fail at the task?
Did he pick his dribble up cuz his coach asked him to, or did he fail at the task of doing it deeper?
Did we win the game?

Did you watch the game?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/8/2018  3:34 PM
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Rookie wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Did we win the game?

Are you in denial dude, if the knicks FO wanted a slow down pace they wouldn't be drafting the kind of players you starting to see.

When we get stops, frank walks the ball up court, when were down 10 and trying to catch up, he walks the ball up court.

I'll be watching tonight, you only need 2 fingers to count the amount of times frank(your lead guard) would initiate a fast break. I would use him as a spot up shooter, he looks really slow and indecisive as a lead guard.

ES
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

7/8/2018  3:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2018  7:13 PM
I remember last year, in Frank's _first_ game (the first half actually), there were those on this board writing 'bust' and similar comments. It's unbelievable. Unless the kid is Giannis 2.0 you're not satisfied. The kid, in his first season as one of the youngest players in the league, was one of the very best defenders. Patience people, patience. Frank is and is gonna be all right.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/8/2018  4:12 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Rookie wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Did we win the game?

Are you in denial dude, if the knicks FO wanted a slow down pace they wouldn't be drafting the kind of players you starting to see.

When we get stops, frank walks the ball up court, when were down 10 and trying to catch up, he walks the ball up court.

I'll be watching tonight, you only need 2 fingers to count the amount of times frank(your lead guard) would initiate a fast break. I would use him as a spot up shooter, he looks really slow and indecisive as a lead guard.

There are no Lead Guards in Fiz system. There are Guards and even Guards can be forwards or reverse if match-up or situation permitted/dictated.
With his length and wingspan Frank is tailor-made for position-less bbal.
As far as being The Guard, it is what Frank literary is and very good one.
Extra offense will be a bonus and will move him into special category.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
Bizzy211
Member: #601
USA
7/8/2018  4:20 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:I remember last year, in Frank's _first_ summer league game (the first half actually), there were those on this board writing 'bust' and similar comments. It's unbelievable. Unless the kid is Giannis 2.0 you're not satisfied. The kid, in his first season as one of the youngest players in the league, was one of the very best defenders. Patience people, patience. Frank is and is gonna be all right.

Did he even play Summer League last year?

Bizzy Shadyville, NY **soundcloud.com/Bizzy211**
fwk00
Member: #6048

7/8/2018  4:39 PM
What struck (and continues to strike me) about Frankie's game is that he, by default, makes the rest of the team on the floor look better.
Not only is Frankie's defense stellar but having that length of Robinson, Knox, Williams, and a few others really made the passing lanes tight for Atlanta.

Secondly, the Knicks with that big lead I think psychologically lulled Frankie into letting the rest of the squad do the scoring and show their stuff. Late in the game when the score was very tight, Frankie came in and helped lock down the victory - something our regular season teams over the past few years had no vocational talent for doing.

So, our eighteen, maybe nineteen year old, budding star with less than 100 NBA games under his belt is be criticized as a bust because in playing ONE GAME with an entirely new cast of characters looked slow and didn't score what? 20 points? thirty points? no, hell why not forty points in a scrimmage?

Knicks fans - a cosmic phenomenon.

CrushAlot
USA
7/8/2018  5:20 PM
fwk00 wrote:What struck (and continues to strike me) about Frankie's game is that he, by default, makes the rest of the team on the floor look better.
Not only is Frankie's defense stellar but having that length of Robinson, Knox, Williams, and a few others really made the passing lanes tight for Atlanta.

Secondly, the Knicks with that big lead I think psychologically lulled Frankie into letting the rest of the squad do the scoring and show their stuff. Late in the game when the score was very tight, Frankie came in and helped lock down the victory - something our regular season teams over the past few years had no vocational talent for doing.

So, our eighteen, maybe nineteen year old, budding star with less than 100 NBA games under his belt is be criticized as a bust because in playing ONE GAME with an entirely new cast of characters looked slow and didn't score what? 20 points? thirty points? no, hell why not forty points in a scrimmage?

Sure.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/8/2018  5:59 PM
Not talking about a choice between Frank as he's playing now, and A.Iverson. At some point Frank has to be able to keep the defense honest, or he will never rise above role player.
knicks1248
7/8/2018  6:05 PM
fwk00 wrote:What struck (and continues to strike me) about Frankie's game is that he, by default, makes the rest of the team on the floor look better.

knox is 18 and took 20 shots and went to the ft line a bunch of times and he has zero NBA games under his belt, same for trae.

can't use that age sht as an excuse no more, because they're players younging them him playing much better.

I'm watching this game again and he looks the same as he did last october

ES
knicks1248
7/8/2018  6:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2018  6:11 PM
Bizzy211 wrote:
stanleybostitch wrote:I remember last year, in Frank's _first_ summer league game (the first half actually), there were those on this board writing 'bust' and similar comments. It's unbelievable. Unless the kid is Giannis 2.0 you're not satisfied. The kid, in his first season as one of the youngest players in the league, was one of the very best defenders. Patience people, patience. Frank is and is gonna be all right.

Not a minute,

Fans of the New York Knicks will have to wait a bit longer to watch the team’s first-round pick, Frank Ntilikina, play his first game in the orange and blue. The young Frenchman has been ruled out of Saturday’s Orlando Summer League opener with a bruised knee.

Now thats what i call making **** up..smdh

ES
stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

7/8/2018  7:15 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:

Not a minute,

Fans of the New York Knicks will have to wait a bit longer to watch the team’s first-round pick, Frank Ntilikina, play his first game in the orange and blue. The young Frenchman has been ruled out of Saturday’s Orlando Summer League opener with a bruised knee.

No, that's called poor memory. Edited. And the fact remains - in his first _game_ the wolves were out for him.

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
CrushAlot
USA
7/8/2018  7:45 PM
stanleybostitch wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Bizzy211 wrote:

Not a minute,

No, that's called poor memory. Edited. And the fact remains - in his first _game_ the wolves were out for him.

He missed summer league, got hurt the first day of training camp and was picked by the previous president to run his system. He also played in europe so there wasn't a lot of film on him. I think you are right but the circumstances around his selection created that to some extent in my opinion.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/8/2018  9:56 PM
Denial, I watched most of the game. Kept falling asleep. I got nothing out of it.
The roster is diluted and not seeing much pick and roll which Frank is excellent at. Trier will also be but there is a lot of work to do.
Just because Phil picked him does not mean he is dyed in the wool a triangle and only a triangle player.
This "PG" shyt is stupid, FIz is on record saying he don't play like that.
Knox looked good with the dunks, his outside shooting was not good. We are impressed with his athletic ability but that don't play as much when the varsity comes out to play. I am happy knox looked good and had a good game.
Frank was clutch and knicks won the game.
Im reserving all judgement until way down the road on Frank, actually the end of year three!!!!!
Thats like 10 Knick1248 years.
fwk00
Member: #6048

7/8/2018  10:50 PM
Nalod wrote:Denial, I watched most of the game. Kept falling asleep. I got nothing out of it.
The roster is diluted and not seeing much pick and roll which Frank is excellent at. Trier will also be but there is a lot of work to do.
Just because Phil picked him does not mean he is dyed in the wool a triangle and only a triangle player.
This "PG" shyt is stupid, FIz is on record saying he don't play like that.
Knox looked good with the dunks, his outside shooting was not good. We are impressed with his athletic ability but that don't play as much when the varsity comes out to play. I am happy knox looked good and had a good game.
Frank was clutch and knicks won the game.
Im reserving all judgement until way down the road on Frank, actually the end of year three!!!!!
Thats like 10 Knick1248 years.

LOL

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/9/2018  2:12 AM
In the 2nd Game versus the Jazz Frank finally displayed something I was hoping he would eventually learn to use. His BULLY BALL game. He's got such a size advantage over smaller guards that he needs to use it much more often. He used it only a small amount last year and in the 1st SL game he used it only a couple of times against Trae Young but tonight Frank really got serious using it. I'm so happen about this development because it's something he's going to be able to rely on going forward. His size and length makes it impossible for smaller guards when he backs them down of goes to his Turn Around Jumper.

I was hoping it wasn't a fluke and then I watched his post game interview and he did state that it's something he's aware of and plans to use. This is a great development for him.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/9/2018  2:52 AM
nixluva wrote:In the 2nd Game versus the Jazz Frank finally displayed something I was hoping he would eventually learn to use. His BULLY BALL game. He's got such a size advantage over smaller guards that he needs to use it much more often. He used it only a small amount last year and in the 1st SL game he used it only a couple of times against Trae Young but tonight Frank really got serious using it. I'm so happen about this development because it's something he's going to be able to rely on going forward. His size and length makes it impossible for smaller guards when he backs them down of goes to his Turn Around Jumper.

I was hoping it wasn't a fluke and then I watched his post game interview and he did state that it's something he's aware of and plans to use. This is a great development for him.

Yep. I saw him try to post up a handful of times last season, but strength and leverage were issues. Anyway, I can't get too crazy over this game. Like I said after last game, it's just Summer League. The only thing it's really good for is seeing how these guys move and react against NBA level athletes.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/9/2018  4:48 AM
nixluva wrote:In the 2nd Game versus the Jazz Frank finally displayed something I was hoping he would eventually learn to use. His BULLY BALL game. He's got such a size advantage over smaller guards that he needs to use it much more often. He used it only a small amount last year and in the 1st SL game he used it only a couple of times against Trae Young but tonight Frank really got serious using it. I'm so happen about this development because it's something he's going to be able to rely on going forward. His size and length makes it impossible for smaller guards when he backs them down of goes to his Turn Around Jumper.

I loved his spin moves- reminded me of LJ when he developed that to make up for his loss of athleticism. Smart of Frank to master those crafty spin moves if he doesn't have the explosiveness to get to the hoop.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/9/2018  8:16 AM
Yea... can we get a follow up report?
Game 1: Frank is what he is.
Game 2: Frank is back to being Scotty Pippen
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/9/2018  8:19 AM
agree he needs to use his size better (in any of a number of ways). He needs to exploit his strengths

that he's deferential by nature is a great, not good, trait for a pg; right now, i think he might be a little too much so, and he'll need to realize that he needs to establish himself as a scoring threat -- to further make his teammates better. The defense will need to respect him

(5)(5)
Re watched the game to focus on Frank

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy