[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Vegas Summer League Game 1 - Knicks
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

7/8/2018  10:23 AM
Ira wrote:I also liked what I saw from our rookies, but I learned a long time ago never to get too excited by Summer League performance.
True but the two rookies we have make you excited because of their physical gifts and high ceilings. Knox was all over the place which i understand wont happen as easily in the nba but his speed and aggresiveness for a 18 ,year old is exciting. Mitchell is a first round talent i dont think thats a debate. It definetly feels like a steal in the 2nd round
AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/8/2018  12:36 PM
I said mid last year that I thought Knox could potentially be best scorer in this draft down the road...
After 1st glimpse yesterday I stick by that comment.

Loved his aggression...loved his versatility offensively and despite low perimeter % the stroke is as pure as driven snow.

Seth Greenberg actually comparing him to Kalyn Thompson which is a reach IMO but the way he eats up the court and can take the ball from rim to rim reminds me quite a bit of Durant/Greek/Tatum....he looks like a 6’9” Gumby with his long arms / legs.

Want to see him g9 more to left off dribble....he could have Alpha scorers mentality...whichwould be awesome.

Reminds me a bit of Bernard when out on wing on break - some Sprewell as well.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/8/2018  1:18 PM
LivingLegend wrote:I said mid last year that I thought Knox could potentially be best scorer in this draft down the road...

Loved his aggression...loved his versatility offensively and despite low perimeter % the stroke is as pure as driven snow.

Seth Greenberg actually comparing him to Kalyn Thompson which is a reach IMO but the way he eats up the court and can take the ball from rim to rim reminds me quite a bit of Durant/Greek/Tatum....he looks like a 6’9” Gumby with his long arms / legs.

Want to see him g9 more to left off dribble....he could have Alpha scorers mentality...whichwould be awesome.

...and he has a lot of physical maturation left to go...which is scary to consider. He can be a legitimate 8-10 RPG player down the road.

Added maturity/strength + his ability to go to the basket will also earn him many trips to the foul line...

I was on...off...then on again about our taking Knox. Genuinely wanted Mikal for much of the time leading up to the draft...was even getting concerned that we might lose him to an earlier team, then I moved to Knox, though I have to admit I had dreams of Carter falling to us.

Knox might end up being better than Carter in the long run, though- more versatile as a player- so I'm kind of glad we ended with Knox.

Time will tell, of course. But a good start.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/8/2018  1:20 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:I said mid last year that I thought Knox could potentially be best scorer in this draft down the road...

...and he has a lot of physical maturation left to go...which is scary to consider. He can be a legitimate 8-10 RPG player down the road.

Added maturity/strength + his ability to go to the basket will also earn him many trips to the foul line...

I was on...off...then on again about our taking Knox. Genuinely wanted Mikal for much of the time leading up to the draft...was even getting concerned that we might lose him to an earlier team, then I moved to Knox, though I have to admit I had dreams of Carter falling to us.

Knox might end up being better than Carter in the long run, though- more versatile as a player- so I'm kind of glad we ended with Knox.

Carter looked awesome in highlights from last night. He might be a better prospect than Bagley. He knows what to do. Seemed very polish in the little bit that I saw. I agree about Knox having the potential to be better.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire

7/8/2018  1:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Carter looked awesome in highlights from last night. He might be a better prospect than Bagley. He knows what to do. Seemed very polish in the little bit that I saw. I agree about Knox having the potential to be better.

Watched a lot of college video and came to love Carter's game in the post. Moses Malone/The Dream type movement. Uses both hands and saw him pivot like a pro. Add a decent J to the mix, and he is potent on offense.

Also agree on the Bagley assessment... Never understood why it was taken for granted that Bagley was the the better prospect.

Bulls will probably let Markjanen park himself on the perimeter, now. Amazing trend when your 7 ft players don't have to compete in the paint.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/8/2018  2:38 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Watched a lot of college video and came to love Carter's game in the post. Moses Malone/The Dream type movement. Uses both hands and saw him pivot like a pro. Add a decent J to the mix, and he is potent on offense.

Also agree on the Bagley assessment... Never understood why it was taken for granted that Bagley was the the better prospect.

Bulls will probably let Markjanen park himself on the perimeter, now. Amazing trend when your 7 ft players don't have to compete in the paint.

Bagley is the better prospect, if you look at upside. But I think a lot of people saw how much higher Carter's IQ is. The question was Carter's athleticism, specifically his lateral movement. It won't matter in Chicago, because he will be their center.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/8/2018  2:42 PM
He got Toby knight length with Louis Orr touch!!
He got Thannasis motor with Gerald Wilkens finish!!
He got That Cazzie Russell Swag with Mike Riordan fire!!

Kevin "School of Hard" Knox!!!

>.........."Knock-Knock....."
Whose there?
"Kevin....."
Kevin who?
"Kevin Knox"!
Kevin Knocks what?
"Kevin Knox the door"!
Kevin knocks what door?
"The door"!
Who?
"Kevin!!!"
Who knocks the door?
"Kevin Knox!"
Who is Kevin Knox?
"he knocks the door!"
Knox?
"Yes"
Who knocks the door?

WaltLongmire

7/8/2018  2:58 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Bagley is the better prospect, if you look at upside. But I think a lot of people saw how much higher Carter's IQ is. The question was Carter's athleticism, specifically his lateral movement. It won't matter in Chicago, because he will be their center.

True enough on the defensive side...did not explore much on that aspect of Carter's game- the lateral movement, and I didn't watch any of his college games during the year where I would see both ends of his game.

If his lateral movement is suspect, that could be exposed in today's game, where centers aren't always camped out in the paint.

Vegas Summer League Game 1 - Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy