Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

7/7/2018  7:49 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
blkexec wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
blkexec wrote:I like what i see in Alonzo Trier. I'm pointing him out cause I can see most are going to be down on him with his performance. I'm impressed.

not sure why you are impressed...he's made a couple of good passes but shooting has been atrocious. Needs to get comfy like Dotson did.

Well....I've been studying this game for over 40 yrs now. I look at so many things outside of just points. Hes a keeper. combo guard. If he took Frank's spot I wouldn't be upset. Hes a gunner....always been in college. Gunners sometimes are streaky. That will improve. I rather have a gunner whos coachable than someone shy with his jumper. Frank is still ahead of him....but look out for Trier in the future....he has a tight dribble compared to Frank's high dribble.. quick lateral movement. good balance. not afraid of the moment.. which is what I love in young guys.

he made up for it in the second half, but overall i'd say he was O.K....streaky like you said. I do like his dribble.
Frank...something tells me second game will be a better showing.
agreeed. Frank was disappointing for most of the game but played better in the 4th besides one bad pass. Also it’s the first time playing with most guys so it’s a feeling out process too
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/7/2018  7:50 PM
Cartman718 wrote:meloshouldgo...
coast to coast...

His dribble looks a lot lower than it did in college. The improvement is night and day.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/7/2018  7:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:REally enjoyed Greenberg's commentary.

Who would have thought on ESPN we'd get good talk...?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/7/2018  7:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Any other year and the board would be nuts for Trier. This isn't a Randle/Baker type summer league team.

Can't say that, but he looks like he can play some. I look forward to watching him develop more in the G-Leagud.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/7/2018  8:35 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
FireHornacek wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:You have 0 credibility or reasons to bash Frank if you cannot answer my question.

1) I have the best credibilty here. I know b-ball.

2) OK, I'll answer your dopey question. Who would I have drafted 8th last year? Donovan Mitchell. And it isn't 20/20 hindsight. It's these things:

- clearly his ability to play
- I look for college pedigree. Louisville - a top program
- Mitchell is a native New Yorker! Played every level of ball in NY. Playing for the Knicks was his place to be. Motivation is off the charts.
- Mitchell's father's job - player relations for NY Mets - made Donovan so comfortable at a professional level. Young Donovan was involved in professional sports (NY sports at that) at such an early age. Nothing fazes him.

giant fail.

Don't engage with the trolling

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

7/7/2018  8:39 PM
FireHornacek wrote:MITCHELL ROBINSON!

This guy is Magic Johnson good already!

BAN. PRETTY PLEASE

meloshouldgo

7/7/2018  8:40 PM
TheGame wrote:We now have our number 2 scorer. Knox is the truth and he is only 18!!! Robinson is going to be great but he needs to spend the year in the G-League. Frank has got to get more aggressive but he did show up at the end of the game. This team is going to be solid. I cannot wait for the season to start.

This year wool be a mess. But it means opportunity for the kids

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/7/2018  9:35 PM
Frank was very disappointing. He was horrible in free lance play which resulted in TOs. If the play call wasn't for him in a PNR like it was late in the 4th for consecutive plays then he didn't work hard enough offensively. Saw him stop short and watch instead of going after a offensive rebound even with the lane open for him to crash in.

The thing that i'm most disappointed in with Frank though was that every time and I mean every time there was a fast break situation. He wouldn't run up the court. Would stand and watch before slowly jog up.

The effort just wasn't there. With his size and length at the PG position, fast break points, offensive rebound here and there, back door cuts, working to get an open 3. Effort plays that add up while he works on his overall offense craft.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/7/2018  10:02 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank was very disappointing. He was horrible in free lance play which resulted in TOs. If the play call wasn't for him in a PNR like it was late in the 4th for consecutive plays then he didn't work hard enough offensively. Saw him stop short and watch instead of going after a offensive rebound even with the lane open for him to crash in.

The thing that i'm most disappointed in with Frank though was that every time and I mean every time there was a fast break situation. He wouldn't run up the court. Would stand and watch before slowly jog up.

The effort just wasn't there. With his size and length at the PG position, fast break points, offensive rebound here and there, back door cuts, working to get an open 3. Effort plays that add up while he works on his overall offense craft.

Frank is definitely not a pg as he puts zero pressure on the Defense. You hit it on the head with the struggles on free lance plays....When there is a play call, he pretty much gives it up as soon as he crosses half court (unless its PNR), but on free lance plays where players have to rely on concepts, he turned it over or was a non factor.

Frank is better off the ball and at this point, it needs to really work on his shot in hopes of becoming a 3 and D guy....

blkexec
Member: #748
7/7/2018  10:56 PM
Uptown wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Frank was very disappointing. He was horrible in free lance play which resulted in TOs. If the play call wasn't for him in a PNR like it was late in the 4th for consecutive plays then he didn't work hard enough offensively. Saw him stop short and watch instead of going after a offensive rebound even with the lane open for him to crash in.

Frank is definitely not a pg as he puts zero pressure on the Defense. You hit it on the head with the struggles on free lance plays....When there is a play call, he pretty much gives it up as soon as he crosses half court (unless its PNR), but on free lance plays where players have to rely on concepts, he turned it over or was a non factor.

Frank is better off the ball and at this point, it needs to really work on his shot in hopes of becoming a 3 and D guy....

The problem is we tried to put Frank in a box. What I like about Fiz and this new regime. They don't what to constrain their players.....Fiz would rather they blossom in thier own skill set first. And when you remove the fact that he was the 8th pick, you realize his has value and can be an important guard to have, with this new generation of attacking guards. Having a 19/20 yr old who's already being mentioned as a top defensive guard, that a nice tool to have. I don't care where he starts or off the bench, he's a player we need to keep.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/7/2018  10:59 PM
Uptown wrote:

I'm disappointment they are still trying make him a NBA pg, he has the potential to be more than he is on offense, but he just doesn't have it in him to be aggressive for more than 2 or 3 possessions per game.

ES
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/7/2018  11:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2018  11:18 PM
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:

The problem is we tried to put Frank in a box. What I like about Fiz and this new regime. They don't what to constrain their players.....Fiz would rather they blossom in thier own skill set first. And when you remove the fact that he was the 8th pick, you realize his has value and can be an important guard to have, with this new generation of attacking guards. Having a 19/20 yr old who's already being mentioned as a top defensive guard, that a nice tool to have. I don't care where he starts or off the bench, he's a player we need to keep.

Agreed. Especially abouf Fiz's position less basketball so to speak...Frank has a decent handle but he doesn't need to be a primary pg....I thought Frank had his best stretch of ball toward the end of the season when the weight of running the point was lifted and he no longer had to think but react...I will say this about his offensive game, he is a ball mover and the ball doesn't stick.

Love his length and in the game thread I pointed out some of his alert defensive plays. Defensively, he can guard 1-3 and you need a defensive minded player like him on your roster....I see Frank as a good player off bench this season...I'm looking for Burke to have a break-out year this season.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
7/7/2018  11:15 PM
Knox was good. He worked on D and hustled. He rebounded well and can score. I was impressed.

Robinson is another good find. Raw talent. Needs work but could be special.

Trier was ok- needs a year in G league.

Dotson was good.

Frank was disappointing. He should dominate. He is not. D is still great. O not so much.

Williams has a lot of energy. Unbridled but effective.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/8/2018  12:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2018  12:38 AM
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:

and the lowering of expectations begins, Gary Payton becomes a backup off-guard ( but still an important piece ) . Next year he will be Lance Thomas, than we will decline his option.
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Gudris
Member: #6213

7/8/2018  2:23 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
coast to coast...

His dribble looks a lot lower than it did in college. The improvement is night and day.

at first, I thought it was Giannis

newyorknewyork
7/8/2018  7:43 AM
blkexec wrote:
Uptown wrote:

Defensively he was pretty damn good, minus the reaching. From fighting through picks, to covering the switch, to using angles and length to deny passes and cover ground.

Didn't like the effort he gave offensively though. I agree 100% to not put Frank in a box. As the things he brings defensively not to many teams have and are impact-full. I can take the struggle in free lance play as of now as he works on his craft. But running on a fast break opportunities and working a little harder to get an open shot away from the ball are things that he should be doing regardless of position. That's the part that bothered me more than anything.

But it was one game and the first summer league game. Fizz now has some current game film to get to work with.

newyorknewyork
7/8/2018  7:46 AM
Gudris wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
coast to coast...

The dunk off the bounce pass was amazing. Skyed to steps away from the FT line 2 handed. Monstrous!!

Just got learn to pull back out when he attempts those one on 2-3 solo fast break or penetration attempt. Reset with a pick.

newyorknewyork
7/8/2018  7:48 AM
And whats up with Kornet? He gonna play today?
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

7/8/2018  8:17 AM
Gudris wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
coast to coast...

This kid is fluid like Giannis in the open floor. I remember when the Knicks played MIL when he was rookie and you could see his fluidity, his handle for a kid his size....that is how Knox reminds me of...with a much better J

Ira
Member: #91
7/8/2018  8:54 AM
I also liked what I saw from our rookies, but I learned a long time ago never to get too excited by Summer League performance.
Vegas Summer League Game 1 - Knicks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy