Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/7/2018  4:16 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
MS wrote:That Ron Baker contract just keeps looking better.
If he were actually any good.

He's been injured his entire contract, and is not even healthy enough for SL

i dont see martin and nixluva singing praises about ron baker anymore :) effort is one thing, talent is another. my guess is he gets packaged in some minor trade mid season for a 2nd round pick or something.

8 million dollars and he'll probably play less than 40 games

ES
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/7/2018  5:00 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:

i dont see martin and nixluva singing praises about ron baker anymore :) effort is one thing, talent is another. my guess is he gets packaged in some minor trade mid season for a 2nd round pick or something.

Dude has been hurt, what more is there to say?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
7/7/2018  5:09 PM
There really aren’t many veteran front court players out there that will provide leadership and not demand minutes. Maybe Channing Frye? Unless we land one when we trade Lee
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/7/2018  5:14 PM
smackeddog wrote:There really aren’t many veteran front court players out there that will provide leadership and not demand minutes. Maybe Channing Frye? Unless we land one when we trade Lee

Joakim Noah............

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
7/7/2018  5:57 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:There really arent many veteran front court players out there that will provide leadership and not demand minutes. Maybe Channing Frye? Unless we land one when we trade Lee
Joakim Noah............

He'll command 3 min per game.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/8/2018  3:07 AM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:There really aren’t many veteran front court players out there that will provide leadership and not demand minutes. Maybe Channing Frye? Unless we land one when we trade Lee

Joakim Noah............

Fiz is acting lie he doesn't exist- spoke about needed a vet who isn't wanting more than they're given i.e. not Noah.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/8/2018  2:57 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Joakim Noah............

Fiz is acting lie he doesn't exist- spoke about needed a vet who isn't wanting more than they're given i.e. not Noah.

I suspect Noah is not even in the mix at all unless he has been practicing with the team. He is a veteran leader and I have no idea if we are entertaining the idea of stretching him this season, or next.
Don't know if we are trying to buy him out, if he is out shopping for a deal to off set a buy out, or anything. Don't know if he has met with Fiz and talked at all. Not sure what Perry has in mind.
When you read this......
T

here really aren’t many veteran front court players out there that will provide leadership and not demand minutes.

One has to ask would he demand minutes or open to earning them? His beef was with Jeff and his minutes. Does he want his money? His minutes? Both? Nobody here can speak for him.
Financially if we can tread water with him one more year the buy out and stretching is gets really sweet! Not bad as said waiting until October also.

I don't like Noah's contract but I like the guy and seemed to be a good teammate. He has had a lot of time to get his body right, I wonder if it could hold up.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/8/2018  4:16 PM
Nalod wrote:One has to ask would he demand minutes or open to earning them? His beef was with Jeff and his minutes.

His "beef" is he wants 100 percent of his contract face and then play for Thibs and the Timberwolves.

He's dogging it and being a locker room problem on purpose. Luol Deng is doing the exact same thing in LA.

The Knicks are a "cash rich" team, but at some point, this has to be a matter of principle. If Noah would be willing to leave massive cash on the table, the Knicks might buy him out.

The best hope here is the Timberwolves get caught tampering. That Deng and Noah are both doing it at the same time isn't some wild coincidence. There aren't too many conditions in which the league administration can void a player contract, tampering is one of them.

fwk00
Member: #6048

7/8/2018  4:55 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Baker's forty games will excite the crowd, add energy to the game, and remind the team what it is supposed to be doing to win. When he isn't on the floor he's a student of the game, keeps the bench's head in the game, is a great teammate, and will not whine about it. There's no toxicity to having guys like Baker around.

Baker critics are the same talent evaluators calling for Melo to tutor Knox - which is so out of whack with reality that it is nearly incomprehensible to even parse as a sentence.

I hate to even say this but Baker would have fit right in with Holzman's Knicks teams. I have no idea how badly his shoulder injury recovery will affect is performance on the court but assuming he can still pressure his assignment, he'll have work somewhere - hopefully here.

Sangfroid
Member: #2784

7/8/2018  7:34 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Nalod wrote:One has to ask would he demand minutes or open to earning them? His beef was with Jeff and his minutes.

His "beef" is he wants 100 percent of his contract face and then play for Thibs and the Timberwolves.

He's dogging it and being a locker room problem on purpose. Luol Deng is doing the exact same thing in LA.

The Knicks are a "cash rich" team, but at some point, this has to be a matter of principle. If Noah would be willing to leave massive cash on the table, the Knicks might buy him out.

The best hope here is the Timberwolves get caught tampering. That Deng and Noah are both doing it at the same time isn't some wild coincidence. There aren't too many conditions in which the league administration can void a player contract, tampering is one of them.

The question is, what qualifies as "massive"? This is Noah's last, big payday and I'm sure he doesn't want to give half of it back. If they stretch him, it's still 27 mil, just longer to get there. I see him being around another year, then being moved as an expiring. No Melo magic here...

"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/8/2018  9:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2018  9:47 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Dude has been hurt, what more is there to say?

But he's supposed to be tough as nails? i know. cheap.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
7/8/2018  9:55 PM
people picking on the ron baker contract are truly clueless. it's a 2yr/9mill contract, there's not much to complain about there, its not hampering anything. infact from everything you hear he's a fantastic teammate. but i get it, we all know better than the guys who are actually in the room....
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/8/2018  10:02 PM
nyk4ever wrote:people picking on the ron baker contract are truly clueless. it's a 2yr/9mill contract, there's not much to complain about there, its not hampering anything. infact from everything you hear he's a fantastic teammate. but i get it, we all know better than the guys who are actually in the room....

sometimes we do because every FO makes mistakes. Ask the Spurs.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/8/2018  11:59 PM
Sangfroid wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

The question is, what qualifies as "massive"? This is Noah's last, big payday and I'm sure he doesn't want to give half of it back. If they stretch him, it's still 27 mil, just longer to get there. I see him being around another year, then being moved as an expiring. No Melo magic here...

Half the remaining contract. Basically on a cash basis, wipe out the 4th year.

Noah is not being transparent about what he is doing. The NBAPA usually puts pressure on individual players and agents to not give up too much cash in a buyout, but this is different. This is more akin to a Rip Hamilton/Baron Davis/Eddy Curry situation. The opposite spectrum ia situation like Mike Bibby, who gave up 6 million to join the Heatles and got massive pressure from the NBAPA not to do it. But Bibby was a well liked player and a solid lockerroom guy. Where the longer Noah stays on the Knicks roster, the greater the long term damage from a labor perspective. The owners don't forget things like Rip Hamilton turning into a long term ****heel and actively trying to sabotage a team so he can play somewhere else. The NBAPA won't care at this point how much Noah gives back.

Eddy Curry didn't just screw the Knicks, he screwed every player he played with and every future player to ever play in the NBA. The middle tier player is disappearing from a salary perspective. That didn't just happen for no reason. The stars still get paid, but the middle class type player in terms of salary is starting to get phased out.

At some point his agent Bill Duffy is going to have to pressure Noah to take a larger type hit on a buyout. This is bad for business for him as well. Part of an agent's responsibility is to manage things about their contracted players where the NBA and franchises can't really go into and be seen near.

Are the Knicks a well run franchise? No, but this is just entirely disgraceful. There is no excuse for what Noah is doing right now.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/9/2018  12:06 AM
fwk00 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Baker's forty games will excite the crowd, add energy to the game, and remind the team what it is supposed to be doing to win. When he isn't on the floor he's a student of the game, keeps the bench's head in the game, is a great teammate, and will not whine about it. There's no toxicity to having guys like Baker around.

Baker critics are the same talent evaluators calling for Melo to tutor Knox - which is so out of whack with reality that it is nearly incomprehensible to even parse as a sentence.

I hate to even say this but Baker would have fit right in with Holzman's Knicks teams. I have no idea how badly his shoulder injury recovery will affect is performance on the court but assuming he can still pressure his assignment, he'll have work somewhere - hopefully here.

Who has called for Melo to tutor Knox? Is this something happening on a different forum?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/13/2018  1:36 AM
I T 1yr 2mill, I would have prefered him tha mudiay
ES
We can get a goood player for cheap at this point

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy