[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Cousins signs with Warriors
Author Thread
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
7/2/2018  10:35 PM
I had a feeling the Warriors were up to something big when they let Javale walk away for a min contract with the Lakers. I was like he was important to their teams at times last year. I asked myself. Why would they not even sign him to a min contract? Now we know why.
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Member: #748
7/3/2018  12:17 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I hate the NBA

as a knick fan why watch any nba next year? don't get me wrong, ill be watching every single knick game just like i always do, but what's the point of watching anything else? nothing else will be remotely interesting....

2 words

Mitchell Robinson

Gotta root for my local gym buddy.. hope he's the real deal.....even a rotational player works.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
7/3/2018  12:23 AM
nyk4ever wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I hate the NBA

as a knick fan why watch any nba next year? don't get me wrong, ill be watching every single knick game just like i always do, but what's the point of watching anything else? nothing else will be remotely interesting....

It's like trying to read a long book when you know the ending in detail. Not going to be very satisfying.

DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

7/3/2018  12:47 AM
MS wrote:This is an absolute embarrassment for the league. NBA is now a joke.

Warriors will literally burn through the playoffs. East is weak is can be, there are literally 6
good teams in the league.

Agreed

THIS NBA I/We love is turning into a BS League of pros

Sure Cousins come back late Or whatever from tough injury & sure he's a Pain in Butt when Head not into Hoops.

However he's a Good Star on Court without the BS & one of top 25-30 players in NBA when on court.

BS League + Warriors. Other NBA teams taking risk can use a Cousins whom improved enough to get attention before Injury
I'm sure GS Warriors signed him for Chump change to prevent competition from getting close to GS in TALENT dept.

I Disdain Warriors more than Lakers
I hope LBJ gets lucky and whip Warriors 1 day, but it ain't gonna happen easy.

Warriors & NBA is Disgrace in terms of getting market interested to join
them regardless of $$$, parity and competion..

Knicks will never catch up soon (e.g. competitive)
So hold on for KNICK ride several years down the road..

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/3/2018  1:06 AM
Clean wrote:I had a feeling the Warriors were up to something big when they let Javale walk away for a min contract with the Lakers. I was like he was important to their teams at times last year. I asked myself. Why would they not even sign him to a min contract? Now we know why.

Lakers sign JaVale McGee, Warriors now need a center.

Taking in McGee plus the LBJ signing means Julius Randle has to go. Esp to start adding in the contracts for Rondo, Born Ready and KCP.

Julius Randle goes to the Pelicans, who have written Cousins off at this point.

Cousins takes pretty much nothing to replace McGee with the Warriors.

Lakers were actually targeting Cousins as well.

Michele Roberts was told this all could happen ( if no smoothing option occurred after a massive cap spike) The large infusion allowed the GSW to be in a position to sign Durant. The market eventually collapsing ( very predictable) made Cousins available to them.

The NBA, the owners, the administration, the player union all did this to themselves.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/3/2018  2:34 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Yawn, the guy is the ultimate cancer, if he messes with there chemistry it could lose him a ton of money

Yep, realgm boards are losing it over this- the reality is I doubt he ever fully recovers from that injury, he isn't really a winning player and he could majorly disrupt their chemistry and playing style.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/3/2018  2:36 AM
Warriors were rumoured to be interested in KOQ, but seems like he just got pushed aside for Cousins. Personally I think KOQ would have been a better fit for them.
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/3/2018  8:50 AM
Turns out nobody came calling, not even the pelicans...shhht they actually played better with out him, finishing the season 20-8.. His Agent basically had to call around to see if anyone was interested.

That injury is a bitch to comeback from, especially for a guy his size and mobility

ES
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

7/3/2018  9:26 AM
Great game of chess by GS now lebron will bitch to magic and they will empty their youngsters off for levron type players and the Lakers will be screwed.
But thing is boogie is coming of a devastating injury if they dont panic they will still lose to GS but not like ppl thinking
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/3/2018  9:51 AM
DJMUSIC wrote:
MS wrote:This is an absolute embarrassment for the league. NBA is now a joke.

Warriors will literally burn through the playoffs. East is weak is can be, there are literally 6
good teams in the league.

Agreed

THIS NBA I/We love is turning into a BS League of pros

Sure Cousins come back late Or whatever from tough injury & sure he's a Pain in Butt when Head not into Hoops.

However he's a Good Star on Court without the BS & one of top 25-30 players in NBA when on court.

BS League + Warriors. Other NBA teams taking risk can use a Cousins whom improved enough to get attention before Injury
I'm sure GS Warriors signed him for Chump change to prevent competition from getting close to GS in TALENT dept.

I Disdain Warriors more than Lakers
I hope LBJ gets lucky and whip Warriors 1 day, but it ain't gonna happen easy.

Warriors & NBA is Disgrace in terms of getting market interested to join
them regardless of $$$, parity and competion..

Knicks will never catch up soon (e.g. competitive)
So hold on for KNICK ride several years down the road..

One thing to keep in mind, us old heads remember back in 1976 when the Sixers signed Dr. J and the sentiment was they had the greatest collection of talent in NBA history. And then Bill Walton and the Blazers took them out in six games to win the '77 championship and the Sixers basically imploded afterwards. Kinda also happened in the late 60s when Wilt joined West and Baylor in L.A. Remember, this Warrior team was a Chris Paul hamstring away from getting eliminated in the conference finals. And the Pelicans were actually better AFTER Boogie's injury. I'm not convinced this makes the Warriors invincible. Remember everyone thought the Heat would dominate the league and they got beat by Dirk and the Mavs in their first big three year. Stuff happens. This isn't a video game. That's why they play the games on the court.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/3/2018  11:25 AM
knicks1248 wrote:Turns out nobody came calling, not even the pelicans...shhht they actually played better with out him, finishing the season 20-8.. His Agent basically had to call around to see if anyone was interested.

That injury is a bitch to comeback from, especially for a guy his size and mobility

Yup. You can't hate the NBA or the Warriors on this move. Nobody in the NBA wanted to sign this guy. Warriors is taking a gamble here.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/3/2018  2:26 PM
I’d love to see the NBA just bring back hand checking and physical defense. Steph and harden would be just regular shot makers like mark price and dell curry. They just wouldn’t hold up to the grind of good defenders. Then would the cousins signing even matter?
knickstorrents
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
7/3/2018  6:06 PM
Cousins is a cancer and is a bad fit for Golden State. This is a backwards move for them. Actually Golden State is doing Cousins a favor by giving him a free ring and a very relaxed time table. Hell, they are probably better off keeping him on the bench. Cousins can't switch, can't defend, shoots 35% from three and is a career 46% shooter. I don't get why people are upset about this. This is a backwards move for Golden State and makes them WORSE.
Rose is not the answer.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/3/2018  6:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2018  6:29 PM
knickstorrents wrote:Cousins is a cancer and is a bad fit for Golden State. This is a backwards move for them. Actually Golden State is doing Cousins a favor by giving him a free ring and a very relaxed time table. Hell, they are probably better off keeping him on the bench. Cousins can't switch, can't defend, shoots 35% from three and is a career 46% shooter. I don't get why people are upset about this. This is a backwards move for Golden State and makes them WORSE.

The chance at a ring, and showcasing himself for a big contract, should be enough to motivate Cousins to be a team player. Before he was a big fish in a little pond.

He's playing on a championship team now, pretty sure he knows that ish wont wash. Dont know if he will be able to change his game to suit his new team. If it doesnt work out, dont believe it will be because of Cousin's attitude.

Its the next team that has to worry.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/3/2018  6:57 PM
Warriors will not win the trophy this coming season.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/3/2018  8:20 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Why wold the warriors want him??? 🤤😲😡

He's the one player who can give them true fits in any series. He can space the floor, he can defend the rim, he can run the floor ( well he could before), he's an elite passer. I don't think people really get what a great passer Cousins has become over time. On a free flowing team like the Warriors, it's just brutal for other teams. Would I rank him above The Dream or Old Man Sabonis as a passer big man? No, but he's way up there.

Also, as much as the league allows, he has an enforcer mindset.

He might miss the season though.

Not questioning his skills, but he is a whacko

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/3/2018  8:28 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

He's the one player who can give them true fits in any series. He can space the floor, he can defend the rim, he can run the floor ( well he could before), he's an elite passer. I don't think people really get what a great passer Cousins has become over time. On a free flowing team like the Warriors, it's just brutal for other teams. Would I rank him above The Dream or Old Man Sabonis as a passer big man? No, but he's way up there.

He also comes across as a front runner. A guy who is fine when things are going well, a major distraction when things get rough. But if there's any team that can get a guy to fall in line with their culture you would think it's the Warriors. However, have they really been able to reel in Draymond Green?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/3/2018  9:17 PM
Welpee wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

He also comes across as a front runner. A guy who is fine when things are going well, a major distraction when things get rough. But if there's any team that can get a guy to fall in line with their culture you would think it's the Warriors. However, have they really been able to reel in Draymond Green?

Those two feeding off of each other was kind of my first thought on this.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
stopstandthere
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #6004

7/3/2018  10:37 PM
In the world of chaotic, I am fine with the Knick's position right now.
Cousins signs with Warriors

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy