[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Hezonja a Knick
Author Thread
Mike1989
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #8627

7/2/2018  5:16 AM
LegendD wrote:Knicks got 2015 draft #4 #5 #7

The Nets have the #2 and #3 picks from that draft as well if they bring back Okafor next season. Not often you see potentially five lottery picks from the same draft class call the same city home.

AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/2/2018  5:53 AM
I am soooooo pumped about this signing y’all! He is going to turn heads this coming season I promise you. Orlando completely mismanaged this man like they did with all their other talents. I think he can be a 15 ppg guy of the bench. He can’t be a bit stupid in terms of decision making but this man has bags of talent.
The Future is Bright!
Ira
Member: #91
7/2/2018  6:26 AM
I'm not as excited as most on this board by this signing. He's a pretty good offensive player and a below average defensive player, but is young and can still improve. I haven't seen much of him, but he's considered a good athlete who, like Knox, can play the 3 and 4 spots. The money isn't high and, if he doesn't work out, he won't interfere with our cap space when it matters.
Ira
Member: #91
7/2/2018  6:39 AM
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/2/2018  6:44 AM
Ira wrote:I'm not as excited as most on this board by this signing. He's a pretty good offensive player and a below average defensive player, but is young and can still improve. I haven't seen much of him, but he's considered a good athlete who, like Knox, can play the 3 and 4 spots. The money isn't high and, if he doesn't work out, he won't interfere with our cap space when it matters.

That last part is what i like about it. Still not a two way play or high IQ

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/2/2018  7:06 AM
NardDogNation wrote:Well, this might be the first move of Mills-Perry that I liked. With some floor-spacing around him, I think Hezonja might pleasantly surprise many. I just hope they don't waste this opportunity and understand that Hezonja is a 4 and not a 2.

I agree he's not a 2, but I wouldn't pigeonhole him as a 4. He's kinda positionless. Coach will need to work hard to plug him in to positions that he can excel in. Still, I like the move.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/2/2018  7:17 AM
We all upset about this guy outplaying his contract and we don’t resign him? This guy is more Anthony Randolph than the next coming of Tony Kukoc! He is part of the new kids on the block but the future is about 18 year old Knox, not this kid.
I like the singing and prefer him to Beas. There is a reason he is 23 and Orlando is moving on and he was not traded.
Welpee
Member: #6239

7/2/2018  7:24 AM
If Hezonja was a complete two-way stud the Knicks wouldn't have been able to sign him. I view this signing this way: Beasley vs. Hezonja.

Beasley is an underachieving, low IQ offensive player who is doesn't play defensive, usually doesn't play hard who is a finished product and will be 30 this season. Hezonja is a 23 year old underachieving supposedly low IQ offensive player with a high ceiling who can develop into a very good player in the right environment and under the right coach. This is a no-brainer to me.

This year's Knick team will be a young, scappy, hungry team with a lot of players with something to prove. I prefer that over a team of vets looking for their next pay day.

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/2/2018  7:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2018  7:32 AM
Nalod wrote:There is a reason he is 23 and Orlando is moving on and he was not traded.
Maybe the reason is Orlando is not a great organization?

There's also a reason two teams moved on Victor Oladipo (including Orlando). How'd that turn out? Have you looked at Orlando's track record over the past six years? If Golden State moved on him maybe it would be a red flag.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/2/2018  7:48 AM
Love love love this. Could not be more in approval. Unless they managed a team option for year two.

Looking forward or KP’s return. And what Fizdale can get out of these yoots.

This is the Randle.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/2/2018  7:54 AM
Welpee wrote:
Nalod wrote:There is a reason he is 23 and Orlando is moving on and he was not traded.

There's also a reason two teams moved on Victor Oladipo (including Orlando). How'd that turn out? Have you looked at Orlando's track record over the past six years? If Golden State moved on him maybe it would be a red flag.

Orlando used the stretch provision for Shelvin Mack's deal. They only owed him 1 mil. That deal now messes with their cap space for the next several years. There was no reason not to take the hit this year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nykshaknbake
Member: #492
7/2/2018  8:11 AM
Good move. No risk, but if he does well we will have wished we did a longer deal. Has potential to be a nice player or nothing...just the kind of player we should be getting right now.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/2/2018  8:21 AM
Welpee wrote:

I’m not into franchise track records. There is no gentetic hereditary traits if you make changes in personal and philosophy. Orlando has new front office as do we. They have seen enough of Mario and have other assets to move forward with. I’m ok with that, in fact its healthy.
I’d like to knicks improve to where they are passing off players instead of mining for gold with retreads. Don’t get me wrong, its the right thing to do for now and we are consistent in our approach. I’ll like this move and hope it works out.
I llike that we moved on from Willy. We doubled our investment in him.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/2/2018  8:39 AM
I remember some talked about committing real money to him. Briggs had a couple threads on giving him a big long-term deal. Getting him for 1 year at below the MLE is a huge get.
anrst
Member: #1054
USA
7/2/2018  9:31 AM
im actually worried he'll be too good. i want to lose every single game
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/2/2018  9:35 AM
He is the best Knicks can get for the price Knicks can spend. Actually surprised he was willing to sign the deal he did. Can't complain.

Offensively Knicks can lineup some decent talent among Kanter, Mario, Knox, Hardaway, Burke. Will see about the defense.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
7/2/2018  9:39 AM
CrushAlot wrote:Orlando used the stretch provision for Shelvin Mack's deal. They only owed him 1 mil. That deal now messes with their cap space for the next several years. There was no reason not to take the hit this year.

I don't think this is correct. He was waived before his full 6M salary for next year was guaranteed.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-shelvin-mack-waived-0626-story.html

PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/2/2018  9:42 AM
anrst wrote:im actually worried he'll be too good. i want to lose every single game

Can't play that game. The goal is to attract free agents and build a culture too. Losing for picks is not the answer to everything.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
7/2/2018  9:45 AM
good add. Gives the Knicks a nice fall back if they whiff on Kyrie next offseason. If Mario looks like a real keeper Knicks can give him a long term deal. If Kyrie wants to be a Knick these are the kinds of sacrifices. Boston did this before adding Hayward...

Get talent in. Get the team playing better and looking better.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
RSparrow2
Member: #6473

7/2/2018  9:56 AM
Welpee wrote:

Funny.. Bamba was one of my favorite players in this years draft, I wanted him on the Knicks badly, when they announced Orlando picking him, he had a face of disappointment ...lol..Maybe we'll get him for nothing in a couple of years.

Hezonja a Knick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy