Member: #582
7/2/2018  8:44 AM
Nalod wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
NardDogNation wrote:I'm not sure what to make of Luke but this signing irritates me for other reasons. If he does prove himself and demonstrates he can be a rotation player in the NBA, we'd have to immediately pay him his market value the following year to retain him, which is not advantageous to us at all. Why not sign him to a 1+1 at the very least, so that we'd have some control and could parlay him in a trade if it didn't want to pay him his market value after the fact?

Seems that stuff like this is the difference between smart franchises and dumb franchises. Smart franchises like the Sixers sign Robert Covington to a 4 year, minimim deal. Dumb franchise sign Jeremy Lin for half a season and then blame him when another team pays him more than what we are comfortable spending. Seems like we're still one of those dumb franchises.

You mean like offering Mitchell Robinson a 1 year deal after picking him with a high 2nd round pick. Here s an idea how about we give long controlled deals to our young players and not pay Tim Hardaway Jr. 18 million a year with a trade kicker

Holy ****, I thought it was only a rumor that those morons were offering Robinson a one-year deal. Has it been confirmed? If so, I'll make my vote of no-confidence in the Perry-Mills regime official. TripleThreat was talking about how Darryl Morey might be available in the not-too-distant future and I tend to agree with his talking points. Should that come to pass, I hope we pull the plug on the Perry-Mills experiment ASAP.

If we were already a talent rich team, with louts of good options, I could see this type of risk taking. But for a team with a grand total of one NBA caliber starter this was a complete waste. Unforgivable.

To be honest, I didn't think much of the pick from jump-street but not offering him a multi-year deal trends toward professional malfeasance. That means we would not have the Bird Rights to parry offers he'd get in 2019. So if he beats the odds and becomes a worthwhile prospect, he could simply leave without us having the opportunity to counter or get value. Makes me wonder if these guys even believed in him from the start.

Been saying this for a min, this FO is super conservative, they won't take any real risk whatsoever.

Might want to understand if the “rumor” is legit then perhaps understand the logic. If you disagree with it thats your choice. Do get bent out of shape over and over about things that are not really pertanent is kind of unhealthy. And you look stupid.
Don’t be lazy.

It's not a legit rumor, It was Bermans opinion, and I'm sure he is basing his opinion on how the knicks FO is thinking. I think they put a Team option on it

ES
AUTOADVERT
knickstorrents
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3050
Hong Kong
7/2/2018  8:45 AM
I'm sure our FO pushed for a team option but couldn't get it done. This FO does its due diligence, they were very diligent in the coaching search and looked at a lot of rookies that were out of our draft range as well. I'm not worried about them missing contract things like this. The chance of Luke Kornet becoming very good is very small, we're like 90% safe on not missing out on anything here.
Rose is not the answer.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy