[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Knicks interested in Mario Hezonja
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/1/2018  3:28 PM
I would like Hezonja on a 1 year deal simply because he is young and has some talent --- could find some lightening in a bottle and if not he moves on.

Sounds like partial 1 year MLE offer would leave room for a contract (3-year) deal to M-Robinson --- though not sure on how all that works.

AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

7/1/2018  3:30 PM
Somebody pulled up the "Case for Mario..." thread from 2015, a month or so before the draft...I think I was pretty accurate with him, for the most part.

A legit concern, but you watch the highlights of guys like this and you will generally not see much D because there is so much to see on the offensive end. Kind of a Euro-Maravich, maybe Rick Barry, perhaps, with more athleticism- you know this guy has been watching a lot of American BB over the years.

One of the talent evaluators, not sure who, said he is the only player with a legit shot of winning the 3 pt shooting contest and the dunk contest.

You figure that it is all about consistency, desire, decision making, and staying under control with this guy, but he seems to have the ability to be a star, wherever he plays. Seems like he could be the most athletic player ever to come out of Europe...no?

Wonder about his toughness, though. You know that NBA players would rough him up- how would he respond?

For what it is worth, one talent evaluator said that his team this year has cut down his playing time since they realized he was definitely leaving for the NBA.

Has a classic, and more pure stroke than Russell, despite another poster's comment. No reason why he can't shoot the 3 at a 40% clip over here if he doesn't force his shots.

This is a guy who might really impress a team in workouts to the point where they fall in love and draft earlier than expected. If he can play some D and play under relative control, he will make some team very happy in a few years, and maybe even sooner.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/1/2018  4:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2018  4:56 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Ny post is reporting that we offered Hezonja a one year deal

At less than the full MLE too! So maybe 1 year $6mil. Said we want to save a portion of the MLE for Robinsons contract, which I don't quite understand the reasoning behind?

Np way Hezonja signs for that, so the people that didn't want him can relax

I am confused about the Robinson portion of the deal as well. Apparently they don't want to give him a deal that is longer than one year. I think that is a huge risk. I think Robinson is the Knick center for the next ten years if things workout. I thought this draft was like when the Pacers got George and Stephenson in the same draft. I don't think Robinson has issues like Lance but I do think he could be ca cornerstone piece for the franchise.

Ah, this explains it:

We don't want to get Lin-ned in 2 years!

Berman is speculating it will be a one year deal to Robinson over the minimum to preserve 2019 cap space. I think that would be a big mistake.

That would be so incredibly stupid and short sighted. Give him Willys deal he will be tradeable if we had to dump him. Its going to be a min like deal.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
blkexec
Member: #748
7/1/2018  7:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

At less than the full MLE too! So maybe 1 year $6mil. Said we want to save a portion of the MLE for Robinsons contract, which I don't quite understand the reasoning behind?

I am confused about the Robinson portion of the deal as well. Apparently they don't want to give him a deal that is longer than one year. I think that is a huge risk. I think Robinson is the Knick center for the next ten years if things workout. I thought this draft was like when the Pacers got George and Stephenson in the same draft. I don't think Robinson has issues like Lance but I do think he could be ca cornerstone piece for the franchise.

Crush.....I think Mitchell is a huge gamble at this point. He's already 20 and I'm not sure if his Basketball IQ is still back in HS. So basically he's a lump of clay at this point. There are other cheap options I'm sure the knicks will explore.....but kanter opting in helps Robinson. I don't trust his half court offense or jumper. So it's going to be 4 on 5 in half court right now. He's built for golden state and rockets teams that run up and down. We haven't shown sustainment in that area yet. I'm curious to see how he looks in half court. Remember I go to the same gym as him. Most of the time....he's working with a trainer....or playing half speed. This will be his 1st time in a while playing multiple days....against NBA potentials.....

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/1/2018  7:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/1/2018  7:43 PM
The Denver Nuggets will re-sign free agent Will Barton to a four-year deal worth $54 million, Why did we pay Hardaway jr 20 million more again? So frustrating I really hope we don't have to give away a first to get rid of that brutal deal.

On Mario do we really need more wings that can't shoot?

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/1/2018  7:55 PM
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

Crush.....I think Mitchell is a huge gamble at this point. He's already 20 and I'm not sure if his Basketball IQ is still back in HS. So basically he's a lump of clay at this point. There are other cheap options I'm sure the knicks will explore.....but kanter opting in helps Robinson. I don't trust his half court offense or jumper. So it's going to be 4 on 5 in half court right now. He's built for golden state and rockets teams that run up and down. We haven't shown sustainment in that area yet. I'm curious to see how he looks in half court. Remember I go to the same gym as him. Most of the time....he's working with a trainer....or playing half speed. This will be his 1st time in a while playing multiple days....against NBA potentials.....

If your right crush that would be so typical of this FO so far, give Baker a 2 yr deal, give Robinson a one yr deal, watch him kick ass then have to over pay to keep him.

ES
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/1/2018  9:00 PM
We used a high second rounder on this kid to give him a one year deal? Ok I am downgrading Perry from F to F- on that pick.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2018  9:02 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:We used a high second rounder on this kid to give him a one year deal? Ok I am downgrading Perry from F to F- on that pick.
That is from Berman's article so there is a good chance he is mistaken.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/1/2018  9:10 PM
blkexec wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I appreciate all of the insider type info you have been posting. I know he hasn't played ompetively yet n awhile but I am excited about his potential. I watch the draft with the same group of friends every year. At the start I said I wanted Knox and Robinson.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knicks interested in Mario Hezonja

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy