[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jerami Grant could be an option??
Author Thread
TLover
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #381
USA
6/30/2018  9:24 AM
Not sure if we can get him on a one year deal but he would be a nice addition. Hybrid 3/4 player that would fit into our positionless movement. Also good high energy defender, with playoff experience who’s still only 24.
AUTOADVERT
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/30/2018  10:16 AM
Out of all the options Green, Anthony Tolliver, grant. I’d pick Beasley over all of them he’s clearly the most talented and brings scoring fire power off the bench that none of those guys can.
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/30/2018  10:52 AM
I still don't understand how people that wanted ISO Melo gone asap now want to keep Beasley who's the same player. The ball stops every time he touches it cause he's gonna try to score every time it's in his hands and absolutely zero defense.

I also have Jerami Grant at the top of my list of players we can realistically afford and i would try to sign him to a multi year offer if it didn't get in the way of us having max space for a max player next off season, if we traded C.Lee then i think we could do this. Another player i'd like to see if we could get on a one year deal is D.Favors but he'll probably get a better offer then the one year 8+ mil we can offer him.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/30/2018  12:11 PM
fitzfarm wrote:Out of all the options Green, Anthony Tolliver, grant. I’d pick Beasley over all of them he’s clearly the most talented and brings scoring fire power off the bench that none of those guys can.

I like the idea of adding Tolliver as a character guy. If we're moving Lee, we need to replace his veteran leadership, and Tolliver seems like a classy guy.

fitzfarm

6/30/2018  12:27 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:I still don't understand how people that wanted ISO Melo gone asap now want to keep Beasley who's the same player. The ball stops every time he touches it cause he's gonna try to score every time it's in his hands and absolutely zero defense.

I also have Jerami Grant at the top of my list of players we can realistically afford and i would try to sign him to a multi year offer if it didn't get in the way of us having max space for a max player next off season, if we traded C.Lee then i think we could do this. Another player i'd like to see if we could get on a one year deal is D.Favors but he'll probably get a better offer then the one year 8+ mil we can offer him.

Big difference between melo and Beasley, beasley is not the diva that melo is, yes he says things like he’s a walking bucket but he’s not a cancer like melo who refuses to come off the bench and laughs at fans when he picks up his option. Beasley in my opinion is a better all around player then melo at this point in there careers

Beasley has no problem coming off the bench, and being a offensive spark plug something every elite team needs off the bench. None of the players mentioned are the talent that Beasley is not even close . With that said I like grant but Beasley over grant all day every day. Beasley is a elite scorer, at times last year coming off the bench, Beasley took over games and single handedly won games for us.

Again none of the players mentioned can do what Beasley can do.

fitzfarm

6/30/2018  12:30 PM
smackeddog wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Out of all the options Green, Anthony Tolliver, grant. I’d pick Beasley over all of them he’s clearly the most talented and brings scoring fire power off the bench that none of those guys can.

I like the idea of adding Tolliver as a character guy. If we're moving Lee, we need to replace his veteran leadership, and Tolliver seems like a classy guy.

I like Tolliver too, kinda a better version of Steve Novak.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/30/2018  12:37 PM
Would he be willing to sign a one year deal?
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/30/2018  1:00 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Would he be willing to sign a one year deal?
I think teams are going to offer him more tha that. Teams are aware of the cap situation OKC is in. If he is offered 10 mil per they probably cant match that. He is a great guy to target but if he takes the 8.6 mil(?) from a team like the Knicks I think he would want a multi year deal.
There is a good article on the slick sports site for the Thunder about their cap situation and different options they have, luxury tax, resigning PG, resigning Grant, stretching Melo etc. I will try to post the link. The Melo deal killed them.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
6/30/2018  1:04 PM
Article on OKC's cap situation.
https://newsok.com/article/5599625/assessing-the-thunders-luxury-tax-scenarios-in-nba-free-agency?custom_click=rss
fwk00
Member: #6048

6/30/2018  2:30 PM
Well, given OkC's fiscal woes, they'll need to be creative in rebuilding their wetware infrastructure.

They'd be smart doing a sign-and-trade of Jeremy Grant for some young, inexpensive pieces.

If they were dealing with the Knicks, maybe a resigned Grant and Ferguson for Burke, Dotson, and Hicks or Kornet. This assumes they're losing Grant anyway.

I do think Grant would make a great Knick - lots of goodness in his game.

smackeddog
Member: #883
6/30/2018  2:35 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Article on OKC's cap situation.
https://newsok.com/article/5599625/assessing-the-thunders-luxury-tax-scenarios-in-nba-free-agency?custom_click=rss

Horrific numbers, but those small market teams brought it on themselves, they wanted the ridiculous tax because they thought it would handicap big market teams- it blew up in their faces though and it serves them right.

Their owners are probably secretly hoping PG does go to the lakers

fwk00

6/30/2018  2:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Article on OKC's cap situation.

Horrific numbers, but those small market teams brought it on themselves, they wanted the ridiculous tax because they thought it would handicap big market teams- it blew up in their faces though and it serves them right.

Their owners are probably secretly hoping PG does go to the lakers

Yeah, what a horrible team. PG and Melo added nothing but expense. OKC needed to stick with their kids and instead fell into the trap of signing star-pucks who are little more than marketing bobble-heads. They need to rethink that entire team. Stretch Melo and send him to whatever fresh hell wants him then get some youngsters who will spend part of the season mucking-up and the rest maturing.

fwk00

6/30/2018  2:51 PM
BTW, if the Lakers sacrifice their kids to sign the NBA's entitled bobbleheads, they too will suck.
reub
Member: #6227

6/30/2018  4:36 PM
I wouldn't mind Grant but I like Nerlens Noel more. He fits perfectly between KP and Knox. Gives you big rebounding, rim protection and the ability to guard the perimeter. The defensive difference that he makes is HUGE and that's where our biggest weakness is. He's only 24.
CrushAlot
USA
6/30/2018  5:23 PM
reub wrote:I wouldn't mind Grant but I like Nerlens Noel more. He fits perfectly between KP and Knox. Gives you big rebounding, rim protection and the ability to guard the perimeter. The defensive difference that he makes is HUGE and that's where our biggest weakness is. He's only 24.
I am hoping Robinson fills that role. Some strange and bad decisions had him fall to the Knicks at 36. He looked like a lottery level talent coming out of high school.
blkexec
Member: #748
6/30/2018  8:42 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:I still don't understand how people that wanted ISO Melo gone asap now want to keep Beasley who's the same player. The ball stops every time he touches it cause he's gonna try to score every time it's in his hands and absolutely zero defense.

If Melos only problem was ISOball...He wouldn't have this overrated tag hanging over his head.

ISO ball is the only thing that keeps melody in the league.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/30/2018  9:17 PM
fitzfarm wrote:

Big difference between melo and Beasley, beasley is not the diva that melo is, yes he says things like he’s a walking bucket but he’s not a cancer like melo who refuses to come off the bench and laughs at fans when he picks up his option. Beasley in my opinion is a better all around player then melo at this point in there careers

Beasley has no problem coming off the bench, and being a offensive spark plug something every elite team needs off the bench. None of the players mentioned are the talent that Beasley is not even close . With that said I like grant but Beasley over grant all day every day. Beasley is a elite scorer, at times last year coming off the bench, Beasley took over games and single handedly won games for us.

Again none of the players mentioned can do what Beasley can do.

yada yada yada....Beasley is a selfish, ISO only, no defense player. We need guys that play both sides of the ball.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

6/30/2018  10:23 PM
fwk00 wrote:Yeah, what a horrible team. PG and Melo added nothing but expense. OKC needed to stick with their kids and instead fell into the trap of signing star-pucks who are little more than marketing bobble-heads. They need to rethink that entire team. Stretch Melo and send him to whatever fresh hell wants him then get some youngsters who will spend part of the season mucking-up and the rest maturing.

Sep 29, 2017 - Westbrook signs massive extension

Sep 25, 2017 - OKC trades for Melo

Jul 6, 2017 - OKC trades for Paul George

One could argue Westbrook doesn't sign that extension without those two trades happening.

Same thing happened with Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett and Dwight Howard. In order to appease the "star player", stop gap moves were made that had no long term rebuilding value.

If RWB desperately wanted to win a championship in OKC, he would have signed for far less than the max, worked on being a true two way player and committed very early, allow the team to do a true organic rebuild via the draft.

Prior to that, the team strategy was to get RWB the MVP. By mean of trying to sell him as a modern Oscar Robinson, by selling out actual team ball to stat pad triple doubles.

Not every team is "cash rich" like the Knicks or Lakers. Attendance matters. Marketing matters.

RWB did his own fair share to make sure the OKC Thunder never realize their full potential in the 2nd half of his career. Watching Thunder players chuck it, beyond all reason, just to try to stat pad some assists for RWB was just plain pathetic. Defenders betraying fundamental basketball so RWB could grab some cheap rebounds was also tragic.

CrushAlot
USA
6/30/2018  11:56 PM
George staying in OKC. Grant is probably getting an offer they won't be able to match.
CrushAlot
USA
7/1/2018  12:16 AM
Thunder resigned Grant. Three years 27 mil.
Jerami Grant could be an option??

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy