fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/29/2018  4:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Ira wrote:One thing I noticed was towards the end of the season, he was using fakes while driving to the hoop that reminded me of what Clyde used to do. I wonder if he got a little help from our hall of famer.

From the clips I watched of Frank in France, and games in NY, Frank used fakes, stutter steps to get by defenders, but had trouble using it effectively when he first got here.

Dont believe he had that burst of speed to blow by his defender, after the initial fake. Gave up on it early on in the season. With better conditioning, and more confidence, Frank should have better luck next season

This was Frank before he joined the men's league the year the Knicks drafted him. For perspective this is an EU tourney of the best young players for each country. If everyone took their McDonalds all American type team and played them in a tourney this would be it. Its heavily scouted as there is no better showcase then against an elite collection of your peers.

Watch Frank... this is what got him on the radar. Cracks me up how ignorant it is when people say he doesnt have scorer's mentality... he will, when he's a good scorer in the league and he's got every tool to at least be solid.

Somewhere along the line he either lost his confidence, or his role completely changed. makes me think of this

Via Dan Woike and the LA Times:

More than a decade ago when Ariza was a second-year player, his coach with the New York Knicks, Hall of Famer Larry Brown, thought Ariza shouldn’t shoot from the perimeter. Like ever.

“He told me not to even look at the basket or shoot the ball,” said Ariza, 32. “I was definitely afraid to shoot. I just wouldn’t. I would not shoot.”

Gee... Whiz.... Look who joined the conversation. Hmmm... what do you think changed? Maybe being 18 years old and playing with grown men in their 20s-30s who have been pros for years.... think that transition might impact his role? Do you have any knowledge or basic understanding of the pro-culture in EU basketball? Honest questions...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/29/2018  4:54 PM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Ira wrote:One thing I noticed was towards the end of the season, he was using fakes while driving to the hoop that reminded me of what Clyde used to do. I wonder if he got a little help from our hall of famer.

From the clips I watched of Frank in France, and games in NY, Frank used fakes, stutter steps to get by defenders, but had trouble using it effectively when he first got here.

Dont believe he had that burst of speed to blow by his defender, after the initial fake. Gave up on it early on in the season. With better conditioning, and more confidence, Frank should have better luck next season

This was Frank before he joined the men's league the year the Knicks drafted him. For perspective this is an EU tourney of the best young players for each country. If everyone took their McDonalds all American type team and played them in a tourney this would be it. Its heavily scouted as there is no better showcase then against an elite collection of your peers.

Watch Frank... this is what got him on the radar. Cracks me up how ignorant it is when people say he doesnt have scorer's mentality... he will, when he's a good scorer in the league and he's got every tool to at least be solid.

Then you would have to count Frank's former teammates, who have raved about him as a person, and player, but said not to expect him to do a lot of scoring. No one knows for sure if Frank will become more offensively minded in the NBA. Can only hope.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/2/2018  3:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2018  3:55 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Somewhere along the line he either lost his confidence, or his role completely changed. makes me think of this

Via Dan Woike and the LA Times:

More than a decade ago when Ariza was a second-year player, his coach with the New York Knicks, Hall of Famer Larry Brown, thought Ariza shouldn’t shoot from the perimeter. Like ever.

“He told me not to even look at the basket or shoot the ball,” said Ariza, 32. “I was definitely afraid to shoot. I just wouldn’t. I would not shoot.”

Gee... Whiz.... Look who joined the conversation. Hmmm... what do you think changed? Maybe being 18 years old and playing with grown men in their 20s-30s who have been pros for years.... think that transition might impact his role? Do you have any knowledge or basic understanding of the pro-culture in EU basketball? Honest questions...

fish i like frank, i don't how many times i have to tell you that before you get it into thick skull, the knicks just did a piss poor job last season developing him, everybody in the NBA knows this, including his best friend who had this to say.

Once he gets confidence and believes in himself like everyone else believes in him, he’ll be fine,” Travis said. “Once he gets working on stuff, he’ll get better and I see it on his videos being in the gym a lot.

“When he plays against guys his age [in France national team age-group events], he’s aggressive and dominant, scoring 30. When he plays up, he gets in a shell and doesn’t want to upset people and make the wrong play. He wants to be the ultimate team guy. Sometimes being the ultimate team guy is to take that shot.”

This is why me and many others wanted a trip down to the G-League like most 18 yr olds. Doesn't take a guru scout to see that his confidence was shot. It was the #1 reason the NBA stop letting kids jump from high school to the pros.

Another thing i need you to know, I will trade anybody on my team if he makes us better, so don't think I was singling out frank, he just happen to be the topic

ES
Frank only scored 5.9 pts per game

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy